[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

[D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d] - /dbt/

Goldwing dirtbike and give me more neat pictures, I only have like four motorcycle pictures and one is the unicycle from the last thread edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm
>Motorcycle maymays

/dbt/ map

google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
>may not increase penis size
cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

Boring gifums with shounds:
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhZTNgAs4Fc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Another pic

cool

Saved everything so far

Save my dick, you fukting cukt.

"no"

I just woke up from my coma! Holy fuck, get hype guys. Only a few weeks to go!

fag end

What'd you do

>pre trackday baiku checks #2

There's anothet one coming next weekend, this time I think it'll be dry. It sure pays to be nice to people as they invite you again :3

I was going to start doing a big service on this thing but if the riding continues I might have to pick a week squeeze it on the weeknights.

>doing a service
kek

just race it until the chain flies off and gets lodged in your ass

Hype! Hype! Hype!

that looks like fun power on a cruiser but i would never want to ride that on a trail

>it's been 9 years

>use 125 for work
>13 litre tank
>fill it up from 1/4 to full
>costed £4

???? why was it so cheap?

Fuel gauge is fucked.

Well I don't really do trail riding so it works out pretty good

>13 litre tank
My 750 has a 15l, how do you even use that much

>SEM was 6942 weeks ago

You just keep riding.

they are tubeless famalam, and i want them to do the whole weight stuff you know what i mean?

are they converted rims then?
>balancing shitbike rims
you can usually do pretty good just by keeping a little weight opposite of the stem yourself.

pigfat as fuck

Thanks boo. Comfy as fuck on long road trips

Is this a ruckus?

was

>old farts face when I started following his pace and we shook off my riding buddys in the twisties
kek

okay so if were to trade my gs500 today what sportbike should i trade it for???

no they arent converted, the XL600LM was one of the first enduro bikes with tubeless tires from the factory

Wait for the 17 GSXR liter peter

get an old 2nd hand hayabusa for lols.

Why's the engine 'n shit so far back?

is fairings better than naked?

its different, not better.

Is there any possibility that Honda might revise the ergos for the 2017 Fireblade? I want a litre supersports for the weekend and love the handling of the current Fireblade but I just can't fit onto one comfortably (I know, supersports aren't meant to be comfy but the S1000RR fits me perfectly).

GSX600F :^)

performance wise you'll gain a bit top speed and it will be more "comfy" at speeds beyond 200km/h. But then you have to take em off almost everytime you want to work on the bike

i kinda wanna go ride but im comfy as fuck and id have to move some cars to get my baiku of the garage

>you have to take em off almost everytime you want to work on the bike

Which bike has the most evilly fiddly faring removal process? My money's on the VFR1200,

Arizona R3 meme rider here,

wrecked the other night. I have photos of the damage

is that it?

Here's a webm of the actual wreck.

I target fixated on a curb over looking a ditch and went right in.

Hoping to learn from this.

Target fixation can be overcome by closing your eyes, counting to 10, then opening them.

question only eurofags will get

Would it be a decent idea to do the A1 test right now, then do the Direct Access course a while later to get my proper license?

Doesn't cost much to do the test and I already have a 125cc. Or is it a bit pointless?

Which country are you in and how old are you? In the UK, it's as expensive to do the A1 as it is the A and going from the former to the latter costs as much again so it's sometimes better to wait.

do it mane I'm sitting on bad weather here and wish I could ride right now

Why not A2 instead of A1 and 2 years later A if you're 18+? Or is it different where you live?

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Don't think counting to ten would have helped since the time between fixation and wrecking was only a few seconds.

Just wait.

go conefagging like the svanon that way if you do fixate and hit it you dont wreck over it.
then just practice a ton

I'm 18 and from the UK, I don't turn 19 until late july. I don't have a car or driving license, but I need to get something so I can commute to work. I was always going to wait until I was 19 before riding so I could get an A2 bike instead of a shitty A1 bike, but I do need something asap. I don't have any money atm, but get paid in 2 weeks. With a grand, could I do my CBT and buy an A1 bike to sell in july? I won't do my exam until I turn 19, but the CBT lasts until then, and I can take lessons in the meantime. Would that work? Or, what I've been considering, is spending my first paycheck on one of those 1-week car driving crash courses and buying a shitbox next month, taking the bus and shit for now. But then I'd need to sell the car when I turn 19 anyway. I guess it depends on what the resell value of what I buy is.

So, what's a not-terrible A1 bike that I can resell for ~the same price after a few months?

YBR125

Or basically any Japanese 125 that's in good condition.

GROM

You'll lose a little bit on devaluation but your main problem will be insurance, if you take out a year policy before cancelling it after a few months you're going to lose a lot of cash. On the subject of insurance, have you gotten any quotes? It seems to me that if money's that tight, you probably won't be able to afford the insurance on a car.

Bike-wise. If you want a cheapo, basic bike, buy a used (to reduce the devaluation) CBF125 or YBR125, if you have a little more money, the Varadero 125 is probably the most competent 125 out there but they command a high price.

In the UK.

the A1 costs £90.50 for module 1 and module.

I've got a job and live with parents atm so money is not an issue. The only issue is failing and wasting money I guess. I'm just approaching a situation where my CBT will run out in the future, I will be 24 soonish, and I am getting annoyed at the L plates. As someone already with a full car Iicense I know the rules of the road just fine.
>shitty A1 bikes

I've got a Yamaha YBR 125 and I can assure you, this thing is not shit. The mpg is incredible and it is easy and fun to use, and it requires less maintenance. it's like a phonecall with your mother in law, it never fucking stops going. Take it from someone who's had it for a year now. It is an absolute beast of a machine.

Forgot to add. How far is your commute? An electric bicycle might be another option as a temporary thing so you can go straight for your DAS a bit sooner.

That thing's got bicycle wheels. I'd go for a CBR125R

Only 4 miles

I earn about 900 quid per month. Gear is also gonna be an issue. Don't want to squid it.

>I will be 24 soonish

I'd just wait until you're 24 if it's less than a year. The module itself may only be £90 but you also need to hire a bike and have an instructor take you to and from the test centre. You could easily spend £500 getting your A2 (ignore the earlier time when I said A1, I was confused as I never had to deal with that crap) then well over £100 IF you pass both bits the first time going from your A2 to your A (no comment on your riding prowess, the Module 1 is so easy to fuck up, I only passed mine the first time by sheer luck).

Save your money and spend it in a few months on a nicer bike or gear, for example, I used to pooh-pooh midrange helmets until I went from my old HJC to Shoei.

>mfw Bled was only 300km from here
>mfw you fags want to hold next SEM in Andorra, 1220km

so ?

I don't get the whole CBT deal the UK has. Does it exist along the A1 category? Is there a reason to get one or the other. I don't get it.

In any case if I were you I'd go straight to A2. No use in spending the money for A1

>been GS500-posting for a week or two now
>only just figured out what SEM stood for
fug

>Only 4 miles

If it's flat, buy a bicycle, if it's a steep hill, buy an electric bicycle and save your money for when you can afford a better bike and gear.

CBT is an introductory riding lesson, basically, just to prove that you can before riding at all. Also, waiting isn't really an option. Maybe I could get a bicycle to cycle to work and wait for A2, but nearly a year of that crap would be bothersome.

Considering they all cost around the same, especially when buying used, I feel like there's more point to getting a 125cc sportsbike. They're better trainers because you can try some advanced techniques on them.

>tfw you only have to take off the seat and tank for the carbs
>tfw you only have to take off the front fairing, seat, and tank to do valve clearances
>tfw the lower fairing can stay for taking off the chain

Basically, we had a nice system for licensing and Europe had a nice system for licensing. Then Europe got pissy because if individual nations are allowed to have their own licensing systems then, the next thing you know, they might even start acting in their own interests instead of whatever Federalist Europe decides. The result was a Cronenberg-style body horror mashup of European and UK licensing law where everything is shit and the working man has to be almost as close to his 30s as his teens if he wants to ride some hilariously lethal crotch rocket. Meanwhile the super rich are able to buy their chinless offspring hypercars as soon as they turn 17, because having fun on the road is not something the poor are allowed to do.

>learner
>on a 125cc sportsbike

pls

the Yamaha YZF and others like it are made to impress boys and concern their mums.

>They're better trainers because you can try some advanced techniques on them.
Feel free to try to explain what you mean by this.

I think the CBT is a good idea because so many youngsters were just hopping on a 125cc without any lesson or introduction at all and getting killed.

The tiered licensing though I think is shit.

I would support an automatic upgrade of the license from each tier, rather than forcing people to just retake tests as its a blatant money making scheme for the government.

And there should be restrictions on cars because its really dumb how a 17 year old can just jump in a super car if they want.

They're taking full advantage of the permitted power output, they handle better, and especially if you're gonna be stuck with it for the full two years, you want the bike to be as good as it gets. Even then you'll probably get bored at 6 months but still.

The YZF is too expensive to be worth it, but something like a used CBR is cheap like any other bike and pretty good for a first bike

The CBT predates these stupid changes.

to be fair the ninja 500 is not really a full-faired bike

It's faired where it counts

Shame about the 80s headlight though

When you compare a 125 sportsbike to a 125 commuter, the sportsbike allows for more aggressive riding, even peg scraping in some cases. They got more power, they got better brakes, usually wider wheels though still skinny compared to 250+ bikes.

It's a bike a new rider can learn to ride on because it is at the end of the day a 125, but once you've learned the basics and you want to start riding more aggressively they can do that too. They won't set the world on fire with the performance but they can probably carry their momentum better.

doesn't change the fact that it's a half-faired bike but I guess it doesn't matter since he didn't say if he means full or half faired.

Should I trade my 07 KLR with 26k miles for an 03 V Strom with 68k miles? I do more highway riding and plan on getting a DRZ or dedicated dirt bike instead of the KLR. Fuck apple if the pic is rotated

Any idea why my gs500f's engine could be idling so high? It idles at 4000 after I let it warm up a little bit, and stalls out because of low RPMs if I adjust the throttle stop screw.

Clean your carbs. Take em apart, clean them, especially the jets, and put them back together, making sure the mixture screw is in the proper position. That'll most likely fix it.

If you don't know how to do all that, it's fairly simple and there's many youtube videos on it, but you can also look up the proper position for the mixture screw and adjust it because it may have moved for whatever reason.

DRZ is shit as dirt bike

>should I trade my newer bike with less than half the miles for a older bike with a shitton of miles?

Thanks. The inconsistent idle is really killing me.

drz isnt a dirt bike. Very doggy in the dirt and decent on the road. V storm is nice but idk if worth more miles bike. I mean consider the engine wear on it compared to the klr right now haha.

post riding music
youtube.com/watch?v=dhZTNgAs4Fc

When harley wasn't completely shit

Freakin unbelievable

>300 riders

i did user, just got back. now im off to work for even more baiku parts

>or

True, but ik the strom engines can last forever and I'm kind of sick of buzzing around at 70 when my commute is 50 miles. KLR kinda sucks on the few traila I've taken it on too.

The TL engine is pretty damn reliable, and I won't be vibrating on my commute.

This thing kills me every time. He's barely fucking leaning at all.