After Clintons email stuff I want to talk about honestly usefull stocks if Trump wins

After Clintons email stuff I want to talk about honestly usefull stocks if Trump wins.

My idea:

American steel companys cuz china will pay a tarif.

Anything related to guns cuz he protects the 2nd amendment.

any other serious ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

wits.worldbank.org/wits/wits/witshelp/Content/SMART/Effects on Tariff Revenue.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LOL

A tarrif will not have that effect. It would still be cheaper to manufacture in China, the person paying the tarrif is going to be the consumer.

Why are Trump supporters so delusional?

If you actually 100% believe he's going to win:

Short term: Short the S&P 500, cause stocks will initially tank because he is an unknown factor. You could also buy Vix calls because volatility will sky rocket. You could also buy puts or write calls on the Peso, as confidence in Mexican investments/currency would plummet.

Long term: manufacturing and construction companies. I would say oil coal etc, but the global supply is way too high right now.

Trump isn't going to win. Have you seen the polls?

He might be trying to argue that a tariff would increase cost of buying Chinese steel, thus increasing sales and price of American steel.

Many people don't know how the electoral college works. Clinton could lose every battleground state and the popular vote and she would still win by 2 electoral votes.

I know how it works.

If she looses 2-3 points because of her email after pthe polls arleady tightened again anyways and if there is a certain hidedn trump vote just like there was a hidden brexit vote he can win the popular vote by maybe 1-1.5 points which could turn colorado or NH red, resulting in 270-280 electoral votes for trump

Consumers don't pay the tariffs you idiot. But it does cost the consumer. Say there's a tariff put on imported steel. That will rise the price of imported steel, thus costing consumers more that use imported steel. Whether imported steel is cheaper than domestic steel remains a factor in the cost of the tariff. This also means domestic steel producers won't be cutting prices anymore to compete with imported steel prices, and it'll cost the consumer more either way. Tariffs also reduce efficiency by allowing companies that would not exist in a more competitive market to remain open.The overall effect is a reduction in imports, increased domestic production and higher consumer prices.The government is getting extra money from the tariff, domestic companies can grow and create new jobs, and consumer spending increases, which grows the economy.

Economy is consumer spending and business investments. The more in both, the better the economy. A steel tariff would be a win for domestic growth in the steel industry and economy overall, but a loss for consumers. But steel is required in my industries and it won't go away just because of higher costs. Tariffs only don't make sense on a product that isn't a need.

>American steel companys cuz china will pay a tarif.

Steel trader guy here, those already exist and they're called 'anti dumping duties', aka if I tried to sell steel into the US I'd have to sell it at an equivalent domestic price or else I'd pay duties equivalent to the difference between the sales price and the domestic price in the US. I know this because I'd tried. It's effectively a tariff; steel prices in the US are already anywhere from 10-50% higher depending on the grade, even for simple carbon steel. If I wanted to tell the feds to go fuck themselves and get around those laws, that's entirely possible too but is a bit dishonest and no changes save drastic reevaluations of certain trading relationships would change that fact.

Anyway though, point being that's not going to change the price of the stock. If there were a blanket tariff on Chinese goods then yes, a manufacturer's sock price would increase insofar as they rely on domestic market sales, and there would be a knock-on effect for whoever produces the raw materials needed for said goods.

Biotech stocks. They're currently valued low, since she's expected to win. They'll bump massively overnight.

>It would still be cheaper to manufacture in China
Apparently you don't understand how a tariff works

And neither do you, what a surprise.

>Anything related to guns cuz he protects the 2nd amendment.

it's the opposite, those prices are driven up by fear

Alcoa/Arconic

This unfortunately. Obama is the best thing to happen to gun shop owners this century.

micro or macro? what college?

A Trump win will make the markets crash, worse than Brexit.

Any good ETF to recommend?

>Donald
> Mexican cement

kek

>Anything related to guns cuz he protects the 2nd amendment.

but would also stop selling them to saudis?

tvix

the average american cares about trump saying he wants to stick his finger up some girls asshole more than Clinton's emails

>Consumers don't pay the tariffs you idiot

Wew lad. It's just like taxes. Goods do not get more expensive bc they producer will just pay for it :^)

wits.worldbank.org/wits/wits/witshelp/Content/SMART/Effects on Tariff Revenue.htm

Fucking hell. Why does Veeky Forums exist? There's already a 500% tariff on Chinese steel and they're still dumping. And at any rate, it doesn't matter, tariffs on Chinese goods are not a major component of Trump's proposal to deal with China. Yes he mentioned it a few times as an example of actions we *could* take, but they were never a major part of his formal policies. Jesus you fucking people.