What's it like to drive a V8 with a manual transmission...

What's it like to drive a V8 with a manual transmission? I just had a sudden urge to sell my shitbox and buy a five speed mustang on craigslist.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8
youtube.com/watch?v=eyZQUEMZlCU
youtube.com/watch?v=kG6veF_34QE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Challenger#Second_generation_.281978.E2.80.931983.29
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Euphoric

youtube.com/watch?v=-DSVDcw6iW8

It's pretty fucking great. Get a loud-but-not-too-loud h-pipe exhaust and a short shifter for godmode.

Peeling out and having a tail happy car my nigga, never felt anything like it
Used to only own 4 banger sticks and the difference makes me jizz every time I floor it on second and third
>'92 foxbody

Slower than a ton of 4 bangers

>b-but I'm faster

Walked an RSX, only to let go of the gas because I thought we haven't started yet, only to hear his weed whacker up around 6k rpm and continued walking him
Srt-8 (challenger) couldn't beat me either, almost crapped my pants and had my girl swallow double of my load that night

Stick to your soulless Focus

Did the Challenger driver know you were racing?

It was reversing out of a parking space. Mustang fanboys are delusional as fuck.

pretty shit

most overrated automotive thing ever

He's the one provoking it and turned a street after seeing he couldn't beat me

What happened with your four banger reply?

Post your civic

Nobody cares.

I have a tundra and a 370z. Both are faster than your cheap trailer trash mobile. Fuck off kid.

Post your civic faggot, putting periods after getting all salty

>I'm too retarded to realize there's more than one person that thinks I'm full of shit ITT
Post your shitty car poor kid. Show your "built" motor.

Your turn

thats not even a 92 foxbody

if youre going to shitpost do it properly instead of making yourself look more retarded than you already do

>I drive a car on slicks on the street
Nice try inbred retard.

>I can't change tires

When did I ever say my motor was built?
>implying all these implications
Only has an exhaust and mild cam, and seems to do the job pretty good, you still haven't posted your civic

Depends on which V8.

Dude you gotta drill some drainage holes in your lights, my fog issues are way less. God bless shitty plastic lenses.

youtube.com/watch?v=eyZQUEMZlCU

Because if you ever beat an srt8 the motor would be highly modified. Since it's not, you're just another retarded delusional poorfag. Stay mad that you drive a shitty slow car.

Still haven't posted your civic or your route number my man, making your opinion complete trash
>highly modified
Go back to playing nfs and installing stage 3 nos

so this car can barely beat an RSX but can beat SRT8 Challengers lmao

high 14s isnt impressive bub

If he has some crazy short rear end gears and the challenger's auto trans went full retard there's a small possibility, but yeah, these cars are not fast stock. They *feel* fast because they're 80s rattletraps with v8s, but they need some work to compete.

>poor shit that can't afford clear headlights still thinks I drive a civic
>telling me I need to play NFS when he thinks his 16s 1/4 trash mobile will beat an srt8
Stay retarded.

>SRT8 Challenger
weighs literally two tons.

How come it always turns out those that try defending civics and other fwd turds don't even have the cars they are talking about?

Not to encourage the shitposting ITT but "walked" means it was like the opponent was walking, they were that slow. If I had to guess I'd say it was a v6 challenger with srt badge rice. Mine feels fast until I actually get near something fast, and I am reminded that my engine is an asthmatic.

Why is it that poor people with shitty old mustangs cling to shitty damage control saying anyone that doesnt suck their cock has a civic?

>walked
>Let off because I thought he wasn't going yet
Lrn2rd

>posts something someone else mentioned
>not creative
Still haven't posted your route number then

while foxbodies are shit i'd take one over a modern challenger of any trim.

Samefag (on multiple devices). I hope this doesn't become a popular form of shitposting.

>muh damage control
>muh kar iz fast I beat eh challenger that was driving normally
It's the 2nd, lot rent is due trailer park boy.

>I'm completely out of damage control so I'll hail mary a samefag and quietly leave the thread

Sure you would.

Nice goal post, just proves that you're just another bench racer

Still no route number

ok

that Mustang has like what 250hp at best and weighs ~3100lbs

a SRT8 weighs ~4200 with 425-470

Challenger is the better car here

yeah

you could barely beat a 160hp car

wow

a SRT8 is a 13 second car m80 you wouldnt come close unless he wasnt even racing

>route number
Your mom's ass is rather large but there's only one stop on thus gangbang train.

I am , , and .

>Sure you would.
Absolutely, modern challenger is a soulless shitbox with a equally soulless Hemi shoved into it.
proper old school Challengers died with the E-body

I'd say mine is about 200-215, nothing extraordinary

Let off gas because I thought we weren't racing yet

>confirmed never driven an srt8 or hellcat
They're absolutely not soulless regardless of how much you want to hate on FCA.

You're bench racing V8 car in a thread simply asking about V8 cars. If you knew anything about racing the driver is a huge factor which is why races are still entertaining and not boring as you autistically googling specs.

>v8 manual

my V8 auto is faster tho
>LS1/4l60e '99 trans am

and foxbodies are soulless cheap rattleboxes whos saving grace is lightweight and aftermarket

>driver is a huge factor
>in going in a straight line

top fucking kek

if you cant drag you should have your license taken away

you can keep damage controlling but youd have to be legit braindead to lose to a stock-ish foxbody in a SRT8

Why sell your shitbox for nigga, do both. I just picked up a 91 5.0 mustang this week. Shit is fedora tipping good.

>so this car can barely beat an RSX

my car destroyed an rsx type-s. not even a race.. more of just a troll (i let him go first and everything)

now the s2000 AP1 i raced was very close. tho my car was still faster near 80+

In case you don't know: buy 3.55 rear end gears, an h pipe exhaust system, and weld-in full length subframe connectors now.

>lightweight

>3200lbs is lightweight but my 3400lb fbody is pigfat

sub 2000lb is light

It's a nice feeling

Sometimes I randomly shoot revs when I'm driving around. It sounds awesome and gives me a rush.

What do you expect from a baby boomer in a Challenger? This guy was doing 15's in a fucking Hellcat

youtube.com/watch?v=kG6veF_34QE

yeah but your car would dominate even most bolt on foxbodies and shit

its on a whole different level

>They're absolutely not soulless
mfw

>how much you want to hate on FCA.
My family lived on Chrysler money, literally.
Grandpa worked for Chrysler, Dad worked for Chrysler, I would be right now if the recession didn't happen. The family has owned almost every Plymouth ever made. So I know a thing or two about Chrysler products.

>and foxbodies are soulless cheap rattleboxes whos saving grace is lightweight and aftermarket
Yeah so? That's the point. They're old enough to drop a 351 in it and nobody would care.

>roasting street tires as prep
Why would you do this

how could you call a Challenger soulless then pretend like the Fox is anything but

Still no route number

>soul and passion

Save that gay shit for the ferrari threads

Because it can kill me if I don't control her how I'd like to

>how could you call a Challenger soulless then pretend like the Fox is anything but
Because Foxbodies have such poor build quality that it's an endearment in hindsight, you don't just float along the road in a foxbody like a "Challenger", you might as well call it a day and buy a fucking Jeep, at least you'd have cargo space.

>yeah but your car would dominate even most bolt on foxbodies and shit

>tfw raced super clean blue foxy 5.0 manual
>drifting past this nigga left him standing still

Skip v8 faggotry and go to v10 viper goodness

>still clinging to your one shitty insult
Come back when you have an education and a car that's worth more than my lawn mower.

well thats technically any operated machinery

not like any muscle car has either of those

theyre just shitboxes with V8s and theres nothing wrong with that

so what

just because a Challenger is a comfortable car (seriously it blows the Mustang and Camaro out of the water) its soulless?

only problem with the Viper is that its one of the worst sounding cars Ive heard

>you might as well call it a day and buy a fucking Jeep

>thinks a new challenger doesn't have excellent handling abilities with the best possible ride comfort

pretty sure you've never driven a modern muscle car

Super clean != fast

Post it nigga, I'm still waiting

>did a burnout all the way down the track
>running 17s with 700hp

needs some help from mickey and someone who can drive

great v8 thread so far, fags

>just because a Challenger is a comfortable car
>he buys a v8 to be comfortable
This is why "Challengers" are generic boats.

>>thinks a new challenger doesn't have excellent handling abilities with the best possible ride comfort
None of these are characteristics of actual muscle cars from the muscle car era.
That's why i don't consider modern muscle cars to be muscle cars.

>but muh hellcat
Who literally cares, If you can afford a Hellcat you might as well buy a Viper.

>technically
Keep your libtard language out of here, it's not technically, it's common sense That any machinery can kill a person

but theyre

fast
comfortable
handle well for what they are

classic style muscle is objectively shit and its good that makers realized this and made better cars

V8s are more balanced than 4 cylinders and V6s, comfort simply comes natural.

>None of these are characteristics of actual muscle cars from the muscle car era.

>not soft (comfortable) family cars with tons of cubic inches

muscle cars are for cruising on the highway at 90mph and racing at stoplights

>surprised a modern car has excellent handling, suspension and braking.

nothing to do with 45 years of development or anything. did you want the new cars to handle like the old ones or som

>fast
>comfortable
>handle well for what they are

literally in another thread you're probably calling all V8s pigfat landboats that can't turn.
But none of those are characteristics of muscle cars.

>good that makers realized this and made better cars
Nobody thinks 74-89 cars are good.
Are you saying Mustang II is good?
Lmao, if you pay attention you'll see power steering became a standard feature in American cars around the same time that heavy, semi luxury styling became popular, so like your Monte Carlos and your Gran Torinos. From 73 cars got worse before they got better.

>V8s are more balanced than 4 cylinders and V6s, comfort simply comes natural.
That's not why "Challengers" have a V8

malaise era cars wouldve been better than all the 60s shit if not for the poor build quality (which plagued several older cars)

Mustang II were good (American cars) for their time no matter how much people hate them

>not indulging in American V8 semi-luxury

P O N T I A C

>>not soft (comfortable) family cars with tons of cubic inches
Adding displacement was the only way to get more power.

>>surprised
Why would i be surprised that a modern car performs like a modern car.

>malaise era cars wouldve been better
>would've
but they never were so it doesn't matter what they could have, or should have been.

>Mustang II were good (American cars) for their time no matter how much people hate them
They're hated for a reason, they aren't anything like their predecessor. This wasn't just the mustang II, several muscle car nameplates were used on completely boring shitboxes, a good example:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Challenger#Second_generation_.281978.E2.80.931983.29

i'd take a third gen Le Mans over any Modern car as well.

>They're hated for a reason, they aren't anything like their predecessor.

theyre predecessor was a pigfat piece of shit

the Mustang II was a welcomed return to the origins of the Mustang when it was released

>theyre predecessor was a pigfat piece of shit
Which one?
First gen Mustangs are light af
71-73 Mustangs got huge engines.
Either way, they were objectively better than Mustang II

>the Mustang II was a welcomed return to the origins of the Mustang when it was released

KEK

thems the facts

the Mustang II sold like hotcakes

nodbody liked the pigfat 71-73 abominations

Ask anyone today if they'd rather have a Mustang II or a 71-73. I'd give you $20 if any said a Mustang II. I won't have to though because nobody wants that piece of shit. They were only popular at the time because they didn't come with a thirsty V8. Shit, even the "economy" engine of that Mustang was a 4 liters.
You clearly don't understand the impact that the oil crisis had on the minds of Americans and the designs of the cars.

>today

thats irrelevant to the 70s

the Mustang II was a success

>the Mustang II was a success
So was the Pinto, still a piece of shit then and now.

It's great. Granted mines an auto, but have driven several manual ls1 fbodies. When test driving, all the manuals seemed like they'd been ragged a bit more then the autos, one of the reasons I didn't get one.

Anything with a decent amount of power is fun though.

Don't listen to the guys driving grocery getters.

Get a Fox body, drive it like you stole it, fuck your sister, have a great time.