/mscg/ - My Summer Car General

Previous thread: >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Other urls found in this thread:

comfy.moe/aqtlkc.7z
steamcommunity.com/app/516750/discussions/1/312265782622870608/#c282992499675794310
youtube.com/watch?v=_9pxPwrSW9o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tfw

>Replace parts at repair shop feature

This shit needs to be in the next update

Should add a mod list or something, like the Scooby Doo and hippy van skins, and the top 20 singles track list comfy.moe/aqtlkc.7z

[Embed
One job.

>bus
That would be really nice. I know it's supposed to be full raelism and fast travel is not raelism (we already have passing out and waking up at home though) but not being able to get anywhere without a vehicle sucks.
>illegal booze
Is it going to be any different from legal booze? Seems like important feature for Rural Finland Simulator though.
>cottage
What's the point of another sauna? Especially if it's a pain in the ass to get to.
>possibility to burn down home
>electricity bills
So finally a reason to not keep your sauna on 24/7.
>racing
Nice.
>parts
>more parts
Nice.
>more racing
Nice.
>backstories and drunken people
Oh boy.
>Wristwatch
That one is long overdue.

>Electricity bills

Prepare for butthurt once you leave your sauna stove running all day while sucking shit around

>Trying to get a new general up after old one reached post limit
>Being triggered by someone Copy pasting the info

At least it isnt turning into a line of's

>What's the point of another sauna?
yo 'cuz every Finn owns at least two households, one real house and one cottage away from civilization to sauna in seclusion--though this dude already lives on a farm so it makes little difference

>What's the point of another sauna? Especially if it's a pain in the ass to get to.

Reaching the island is easy, and a cottage seems like a nice place to stash beer and relax from figuring out what's wrong with your Satsuma this time.

Also it's probably the place where you'll brew your own sugar wine in future updates

Computer running windows 95 for disc burning and mini-games when?

Drop it in the suggestion thread.

>1995
>rural Finland
>computer

I don't have the game on steam
nor do I have any games, I haven't spent any monies and because of that I basically can't do anything
I wish I could just get $5 to spend
anything is possible, user

Clutch being bound to X doesn't seem very ergonomic with G/B shifting. What'd you guys bind it to?
And do you tend to hold it down for a second or two before/while shifting? new to manual

Did you consider suapplying for a job

>applying for a job
I have one
doesn't pay very much
apartments are expensive

>new to manual
Oh Americans. I have clutch bound to space and numpads for h-shifting.

I just have auto-clutch on like a complete shitter

He needs to make the dirt roads 5 feet wider.

Well shit.

try to switch mang, it's more fun

How do I know my car is being repaired?

"I want to have 386 in this game with command line interface and BBS. But I have not included in the official list as it comes down to fact whether my colleague gets some games made for the computer and those can be imported.

IRC is awesome idea, I will check out how easy/hard it would be to implement also."

what do you guys do about overheating?
is it because I shift too late or is there some tuning that goes into it?

Wait what

>Muh "dirt roads are dangerous" meme

Learn 2 drive faggot

I can hit 80 in the van on dirt roads with ease

Check your carburetor, you might be running lean (More air than fuel) which causes your engine to overheat

steamcommunity.com/app/516750/discussions/1/312265782622870608/#c282992499675794310

Holy shit this dev has no brakes

Fucking this.

People bitch about the van and the roads, but when my fatigue was in red because of waiting on the stupid shop to open, I was running dirt road with sofa, muffler, radiator, carburetor, pipes, beer and food in it at constant 70-80 all the way home.

This was one of those amazing near-death experiences I love this game for.

Surprisingly, I actually find van safer to drive than the car for some reason. Maybe because it's stock.

im having a problem with those jobs, i finished my car and only jobs i get now is the drunken guy during nights and to empty the waste tank near the store.
last time i went there and tried to empty it, it just didnt do it, i moved car back and forwards a bit till the damn hose fell down the tank and i quit without saving on the spot because there is no way getting it back from the tank.

>lost muffler some time ago, no idea at what point
>can't find exhaust muffler at the dump
would the catalogue one even pass inspection?

no

>there is no way getting it back from the tank.
There is a way, it's called saving and loading.

post YFW when your car runs fine for the first time

>possibility to burn down home
>electricity bills
>going to jail

I can imagine it now
>forget to turn sauna off after update
>come home to a pile of ash and a massive electricity bill
>steal fuel to earn money for bill
>get arrested and sent to jail
>man dies in prison rape

Nop, stock only

what do I do then? is it somewhere special at the dump away from the outhouse? does the mechanic sell stock parts?

You're forgetting
>didn't pay for dumping shit

>tfw had to take it to the mechanic to get it running smoothly

ah there is that, well i still find the lack of jobs in my save annoying, and those septic tank jobs are just plain annoying in the latest update.

jobs are still there after loading senpai
it's just the darts bug out and disappear
also reminder to everyone, if your boot lid doesn't make the "thunk" noise when closing it, just reload your save

ahaa that might explain it, guess i try the firewood job then. thanks buddy

Which final gear ratio should I get?

dunno
I sticked with what I have and the car goes really fucking fast, pic related, died while bottoming out past 160 cause I couldn't get out of the way

I've been wondering this too, do I choose whats written on the book or is there one that's better

I didn't think this game would be popular enough for a general.

PERKELE
E
R
K
E
L
E

The /v/ threads keep getting deleted by faggot mods so people migrated to Veeky Forums since /v/ is turning into "Overwatch shitposting or banned" deal

What was the Ukrainian/slav game that's of a similar vein to MSC? Had a funny 6-letter name and was described as more "RPG"?

>when my fatigue was in red because of waiting on the stupid shop to open, I was running dirt road with sofa, muffler, radiator, carburetor, pipes, beer and food in it at constant 70-80 all the way home.

>This was one of those amazing near-death experiences I love this game for.

Same thing happened to me, kinda forces you to git gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=_9pxPwrSW9o

A. it's pretty popular
B. see

I don't get it

What is with this? Any mention of this game gets deleted but 7 shitposting threads about overwatch. /v/ really is cancer.

>fast travel is not realism
Knowing the dev I'd wager the bus wouldn't go over 50 and you'd still be prone to getting rammed to death by the eurobeat faggot.

I lost my Fenders at some point and have been traveling the roads trying to look for them for days and still cant find them, and they haven't spawned at the landfill, is there anything i can do?

knowing the dev he'll put in some chump wearing headphones who's blasting music like an asshole for the rest of the bus, so it'll feel extra comfy

>hurr we can't have people enjoying a game for once and not shitposting on muh /v/
Fuck and to think I discovered this game thanks to those threads.

Jalopy?

check at the borders of forest instead of roads

It's really annoying because not even a week ago the generals were as dead as can be and now that mods are cracking down on GENUINE VIDYA DISCUSSION the generals are more busy

Does the shit truck take gas or diesel?

Did I fuck my engine? First time starting the engine I accidentally had no fuel in it and I found a loose bolt somewhere near the starts that I tightened.

>Starts up fine sounds good even
>Put it into gear, roll like 2 feet forward before the engine dies

I've done the stuff to fix the screeching, did the 7 tightings on the carburator and checked the fluids.

Diesel senpai.

If you play piano, think of a legato from gear to clutch to gear

any heavy vehicle takes diesel
smaller ones take gasoline
not entirely sure what the tractor takes, but with it's fast ignition, I'd guess gasoline

Are you using the choke?
Is the engine warmed up?
Have you tried holding the clutch (X), shifting to first, then revving the engine up and dumping the clutch?

That last one is what I had to do even with auto clutch on due to my shitty carb tune (Thanks mechanic).

Fuck I can't fill this thing up to save my life. Took the cap off, opened the canister, turned it upside down and not even an indicator. I just watch as I pour all my diesel on the floor.

Clutch thing worked. Thanks famalam

Don't get triggered but did you unscrew the lid on the fuel tank?

Yeah that's what I was referring to by "Took the cap off"

not that guy, but what forest?

Well fug.
When filling the tank at the gas station it takes a good 3 minutes to finish, so it might be that the canister isn't big enough to varant the indicator?
I'm going to try it right now.

This game needs horns, as in BEEP BEEP.

Guys pls help

My engine starts fine, i can rev up the engine but it feels the car is always on neutral.

I reckon that might be something wrong with the clutch since shifting gears do nothing.

Do i really need to go nuts and bolts hunting to see if everything is tight?

no clutch fluid
make sure to tighten all nuts, especially the one on the right side feeding into the drive gear, I missed that one and it fucked me up

is it just me or does the brightness increase every time you reload without fully quitting out of the game?

the weather resets to something

Sorry user.

I think he means generally around the edges of the road behind the tree's

You still clutch when you're still holding down accelerate? Seems like that causes a jump in the rev, unlike releasing accelerate, then clutch+shift+accelerate

Thanks, i have a leak somewhere
i topped off and tried, and just to be sure i tried filling it again

it was empty,

now to go hunting to that leak

>no cash, blew the fan belt, getting sort of low on food
>time to suck shit through a straw
>calls aren't saved through safes
>go on a blind poop run in a midday
>speed it through left turn
>lonely house near crossroads on the way to Loppa half-empty
>recover flipped over muscle car with pooptruck
>almost crash from the shitty car, but make it
>leave muscle at Loppa, suck one shit, other is empty
>balls to the wall to shop, don't make it in time
>fuck it, gonna suck Perajarvi dry and then wait for shop to open, fatigue should be fine
>suck one house
>start sucking the other, get full of shit achievement, go out the truck to empty the tank
>door slams into me and I get tossed into the air
>thisisfine.jpg
>look down
>truck flipped on it's side
>PERKELE SATANA VIITTUUUU!!!
>spend 10 minutes trying to J the truck fruitlessly, won't even budge
>quit without saving

So fucking TIRED OF THIS SHIT

>sunday, 5 am
>phone rings
>pick it up
>ELLO MY SEWAGE IS FULL
trully an emergency
at least I dumped empty crates and bottles into his sewage well

>inb4 next time you go to suck his shit, bottle will get inside your truck and cause complete, global CLANG of TECHNOLOGY

Yeah.
Its kinda hard to explain but on pedals it does not work like keyboard
You release the gas while pushing the clutch, shift, Abd then release the clutch while gassing. All that in like half a second

>no way to use H-shifter on keyboard
It is the spring of pussies for sure.

>A Suomi M31

>Trying to build the engine without a guide
>Got most of the parts together, but still can't figure out where the clutch plates and such goes
>Just dawns on me that I should've put it on the gearbox BEFORE I attached it
Am I stupid or barking up the wrong tree? Also I have no clue where the master brake and clutch things go, is there more parts than the belt at the store that I need?

do register plates use screws?

Nope, if it's not at the dump then it's still where it dropped off

Nope.
>Just dawns on me that I should've put it on the gearbox BEFORE I attached it
Nope.
>Also I have no clue where the master brake and clutch things go
Engine bay.
>is there more parts than the belt at the store that I need?
Nope.

clutch plates go on the flywheel, dumbass

>calls aren't saved through safes
the pins disappear but they actually are. infact if you found someone's poop tank full and sucked it before they called you'd still get paid.

>Engine Bay
Ah, that makes a lot more sense.
>Nope
...oh. Huh.

What part of 'without a guide' did you not understand? I don't even know what the engine in my own car looks like, and I can't seem to attach the flywheel anywhere.

why is adding the motor oil so fucking impossible