/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Underscores purged edition

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

OP: pastebin.com/KQeXXZ3i (not fully updated)

Last Thread:

thank you, this looks much nicer.

this general fucking sucks with merged discussion on stellaris and civ

>bored
>install improved population mod
>start receiving free leaders
>get a free admiral
>he is retarded

Explain
I find it to be much better, desu

nou

>torpedo corvettes
Torpedo corvettes are alright, especially once you get energy torps, but regular torps are too inaccurate, too slow to fire and very vulnerable to PD once destroyers hit the deck. I prefer sticking to missiles and guns until I get those sweet proton torps.

>why can't destroyers mount Torpedoes?
Probably balance, I assume.

I am fond of Cleo!

I am fond of the coal miners wife's tits.

Should this general be made into two generals?
One for civ, one for stellaris?

>first scienctist level-up
>gets substance abuser

I've played stellaris on release, thought it had potential but ultimately pretty boring.

How good is it now? Is it worth pirating?

Good for him.

no, it's fine as it is. civ just came out and people are coming back for the next month of two

stop

I don't even play or intend to play Stellaris, but why do you want to kill /4xg/?

>retarded
>substance abuse
Not surprised, the two go hand-in-hand.

Hahahaha oh god you're so unlucky.

At least he's a retard, and not a politically correct simpleton.

Gentlemen,

How do we fix Norway?

depends on the level of autism, there is a thin line between complex fun and complex tedious.
If it's nothing but spreadsheet then i will pass.

>implying Aurora isn't top fun

I am fond of Norway.

I am fond of Norway's big cock

ultimately make naval combat not utterly pointless
remove the berserker's -combat ability
make religion actually good

got anything about X3: Terran Conflict?
i have 0 experience with it and would like some opinion

>Viking traders

Give them a bonus to trade routes.

>fucker builds like ten cities in maybe 6 turns
>builds them all as close to my cities as possible
>builds one in a hole in a mountain range between me and my only ally
>make a city in the tundra south of his capitol
>"Bro, could you not do that?"
I hate this guy so fucking much. It's not like he was going to use the land anyway.

Nope, never played that sorry
Can't you just torrent it and find out?

I meant 60 turns.

Are civ6 spain and civ5 siam friends?

well i thought asking about it in a thread full of people playing 4x games would be faster....

So then Norway and England are both naval empires with strong incentives to trade?

Hey some planets.
Ugh the green one is only size 13.
Guess we'll have to land on the yellow one with reduced habitability. 18 is decent size right?

Found our first empire and they are also fanatic spiritualists.

important planet for every thread

>play Stellaris for a while
>get up to when I need to make a Sector
>start over
>repeat

Take the green but leave the yellow until you can terraform.
Multiple planets in the same star system only count as 1 (one) for your core sector limit.
Multiplanet systems are top tier.

>Multiple planets in the same star system only count as 1 (one) for your core sector limit.

u WOT
Brb.

>only ruin I found was a eureka for foreign trade even though I found a second continent the same turn
>had 2 ruins stolen by mvemba's scouts
>now have a massive fucking horde showing up with more to come
Should I just quit and try the stellaris dlc?

I'll have to follow that plan because I found something on the yellow planet.

If you burn cities you get in a trade, are there any warmonger penalties?

So...you didn't play more than an hour?

So this barbarian encampment just made 4 horsemen units and a horse archer unit in 5 turns.
Nice.

This is the green planet in the same system.
Almost no native food. And so small.

guess so

hoi4 is garbage
stellaris is shit
eu4 is fundamentally broken
ck2 is ok

LA
MAY
YO

When I do anomalies and gain research points of a certain type. What does that mean exactly? Because my research sure as shit doesn't increase when I complete them. Shit is pissing me off.

Nice opinions, care to justify them?
Not even shitposting, I'd like to try some of them out. t. newbie

>Sumeria
>Doesn't build War Cart right after scout

you're not very smart

Not the best planet, but decent energy and research.

Think I found a better candidate for first colony.

Long enough to settle 6 planets so... 2-3 hours more like.

I just can't stand giving away my planets to a mentally retarded AI

Just fucking mod it, it's paracuck game.

I tried collectivist after 1.30 and just installed more core planet mod , after i learned that you cant purge/enslave sector population. I dont like to micro menage my whole empire, but its still better and much more efficient then buggy, terrible ai rule. They got 6months to fix it and still ai dont build anything, make slaves/purges even with good economy and sector Focus.

Honestly I like the sector mechanic.

I can't fathom being so autistic as to want to manage hundreds upon hundreds of planets manually.

But I do wish they added more options to interact with your sectors, like being able to take from their stock

Does /civ4xg/ still care about Endless Legend?

Sure

Beserkers replace swordsman (gives a strong early game boost)
+1 movement at sea instead of healing at sea (would allow them to use sea like roads to capture coastal cities)
Abandon the idea of a unique temple (religion is useless when paired with their early game military based strengths and temples come too late)

It's on sale on Humblebundle

So, apparently, I am really bad at Civ. Playing Civ 6, been pretty easy up until I take on emperor difficulty. Turn 120 rolls around, I check the leaderboards and I'm behind in pretty much everything. Like, massively behind. I'm producing 13 science while the leader is producing 70. I have no idea how it's even possible for them to have such massive production to be able to do that. Is there something I can read or watch to better understand how to play the game?

How?
What are you producing?
I was behind on culture and science in my game so I killed russia, egypt, india, usa and england and now rest of the fuckers hate me, but i am top in culture and science. And this is immortal.

FilthyRobot makes nice videos and you could probably learn a lot from him. A big part of becoming decent at Civ is decision making and synergy

Don't get discouraged or let yourself be bullied by people here. Everyone starts off somewhere

kek

Torrenting endless legend with all DLCs right now, which faction is the most fun and comfy?

I played the game before so I'm not completely new and limit to only vaulter/wildwalker vanilla factions.

Preferably a few huge tall cities and a fuck ton of shitty wide cities supported by a massive army kind of style. Also describe the new factions aesthetics to me, because it matters A LOT

Also include a guide on starting build order and how to gitgud please.

Jeez dude, you want fries with all that?

I am in a mood to buy someone what ever is on sale on Humblebundle [Endless Legend] if they roll dubs.

It's my first Civ game, to be honest, I don't really have a foothold as far as any sort of strategy is concerned. I've been, essentially, filling out the civics and sciences, researching everything, but I'm guessing that the way to play optimally is to choose something and go just for that.

I managed to pick up Stellaris fairly easily, but Civ doesn't seem to click with me. The map in question is an island map, and though there's no official ranking, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with any kind of functional navy. Still just viking longboats and quadriremes, but I managed to utterly wreck a Scythian attack force by catching them in open water. Bitch surrendered awful quick after I sank half her damn army.

Rolling for Shifters and Tempest expansion packs only

Please and thank you based user

Only guardians and shadow on sale, user.

Apparently, the new meta to win games without exploiting like a fucker (aka no Horseman carpet 50 turns in) is :

>Three core districts are Economic, Science, Industry in that order, the rest are bonus
>If you can't get natural adjacencies, engineer them
>City Center/River/Commerce/Harbor synergy is OP as dicks
>Use your trade routes to get mad production and food from nothing. Remember to REBASE the Trader to the city which needs the bonuses. Usually I recommend one trade route in each expand back to capital
>If you do this properly, you will have one free trade slot from every city, perhaps two if you also have the opportunity to spam harbors
>Even without overtly abusing it, cutting in your borders is still infinitely better than sawmills, especially late in the game
>Getting the proper GPs is critical to win
>Don't overbuild your cities or you'll have zero fucking food, always consider if you REALLY need another Neighborhood or wonder
>Coast sucks dick, hard. The best coastal cities only have one coast tile, preferably at a river delta to dump a market
>ICS is the most powerful setup in the game
>Walls + Ranged will protect everything except border cities. Border cities need an encampment and another ranged unit to easily blast the AI's carpet of doom
>Rams fuck up your cities badly, always focus the living shit out of all units in range of a ram
>Don't wet yourself if you have to harvest a resource to plan a district. It's always fucking worth it if the resource is in the way of a district
>Don't build theatre districts unless you are going for a cultural victory, there are much more efficient ways to produce culture, and fast
>Don't build holy sites if you're not going for a Religious Victory, faith's only use without a religion is GP purchasing, and gold is infinitely better at that
>City state investing priority is Industrial, Science, Economic. Always put 1 in all of them if possible. 1 eureka/civics is actually shit, don't bother with it

>Governor Levels up
>Gets Substance Abuser as his level up when he's in his 30's
>Lives till 96 anyway

Guy had like a 30%+ chance of dying every month but just wouldn't, out lived two other governors

>industry not 2nd or first
nope

How many turns into a game do you guys usually say fuck it and conquer the world?

Turn Zero

>eats solar flares
FUG

>taking over your deity AI in the first few dozen turns
>start the game off with four cities

>Putting Industry first
>100 gold per turn and four floating trade routes which you can suddenly redirect to a new expand
>Versus hard building an industrial district in some desert shithole and hoping it will come online before the game ends

Nice meme

Maybe if commercial districts did not give you insane amounts of money, one of the three best GPs in the game (behind Scientists and Engineers), a free trade route slot, a massive synergy with Harbors (which ALSO give you gold, a trade route, and free production and food) and that gets adjacency from rivers, a feature that you will always want to settle in priority anyways

Compare that to some shitty brick cutting plaza that you unlock late and that produces jack until all the buildings are online

Industry is third and Commercial first because once you're rolling in hundreds of gold per turn, you can literally buy yourself an infrastructure

Science is second because Scientific GP points are so important it's obscene (only about 2-3 are bad, the rest are incredible) and science is always king in allowing you to pull ridiculous rushes

Industry is only useful to quickstart cities if you can buy yourself the buildings, and even then trade routes do it better, cheaper and also give tons of food

No one wants to try? Oh well...

>when the entire world tries to eleminate you for settling one city
You essentially have to, or else the AI will kek you until the modern age because of them having 10x as many districts as you.

Are there any penalties for settling on planets with wrong biome in DW, once you have the tech?

>Endless Space
>going for the craver achievement for not depleting your home world by turn 80
>manage to roll two -%science events in a row
>still get to the locust point reduction tech
>no way to see number of locust points
>home world becomes depleted
>turn 69
>quit to desktop because the game was going nowhere anyway
Fuck, I want to get at least some completion on this game before 2 comes out but it's so samey after the first couple of playthroughs. I guess those achievements will go forever unachieved.

How did you do it? War Carts or what?

We told you it wasn't any good, user.

I'd try but I'm only missing the ones I mentioned here and those aren't on sale, so, rip

Here's another question. For the early game in Civ 6, how do I make it so that doing literally anything doesn't take forever? Every time I start a new game, it's a good 100 turns before I even have anything at all. I've been focusing on food and bonus tiles. Should I just find a place with a lot of hills and settle there? Is it even worth it to move your settler around for the first few turns?

I'll probably do the same thing during the next massive sale at the end of the month.

It's piss easy. And rewards are shit.

So what effects district costs again? Already built science and religion on my capital and when I plan to build more on the second city, the cost goes whack where some are twice as much than the other.

Yes. I move my warrior to a tile strategically to get max scouting info, and then I decide. I'd say settling on spot is actually the exception and not the rule for me. I usually take max 3 turns to settle

You want some hills for production, yes. Food isn't nearly as important because of Housing (although it is still very important). You also want a couple of mountains if you can, and a river for extra housing.

It is also pretty much always better to settle on a hill when you can, for the 2 food 2 hammer yield.

Also manage your citizens manually by locking tiles, don't let your AI governor do it because he's an idiot

Also rethink your starting build/tech order and try to exploit those eurekas when you can

>some are twice as much than the other.
read japans bonuses retard

derp, thanks

Districts get more expensive the more techs and civics you research, so it's useful to pre-place them. All unique districts in the game are 50% cheaper to build and ignore population limits, letting you spam them in every city. Also if you have less than an average number of a particular district you get a 25% discount on it.

and some coke please.

Diet coke

p-please r8 my stellaris build

Ethos:
-fanatic individualist
-materialist

Traits:
-enduring
-intelligent
-natural engineers
-sedentary
-deviants
(maybe swap out all the positive traits except for enduring for extremely adaptive and take an extra negative?)

Govt:
-direct democracy

Opinions?

better become a fanatic materialist 2bh.

>declares surprise war on me
>pillages my shit making me waste 200000 turns repairing it because it costs 2000000 turns to repair districts for some fucking reason
>push him back
>i just want to live in my fucking flat tundra/desert with no fresh water abyss in peace
>make peace with him
>next turn he gets shitty at me because the religion I founded while we were at war hasn't spread to him even though he killed the one missionary i bought
>denounce him
>he says this
i fucking hate this game. even stellaris was better on release

>Literal "Dindunothin"

Pottery.