What do you think of Ancient Aliens? I haven't seen it yet, but some guy I work with keeps telling me to watch it

What do you think of Ancient Aliens? I haven't seen it yet, but some guy I work with keeps telling me to watch it.

its actually the only accurate show of its kind

kek

Seriously though it is the epitome of pseudo-science, wishful thinking, and stretching any and all 'evidence' to prove it was aliens all along.

I want there to be alien visitors as much as the next guy but this show has approximately 0 facts

Comical

But who made the aliens?

Get bent, tool

Makes more sense than the theory claiming a bunch of Africans built the pyramids desu

its entretainment, not to be taken seriously
literally a bunch of tinfoil theories explained by vague claims and cherry-picking

I found it pretty accurate.

A lot of people these days seem to think that God isn't real but since they can't disprove that aliens exist I think it is pretty fair to say God exists.

There are a few factual things they point out that are dis-congruent with history, but they continually connect inconsistencies with aliens.

A bunch of reaching, and jumping to conclusions, but some of the stuff can make sense sometimes. At least it goes into some historical stuff that is neat, instead of Rick Harrison and his xth barely historical item or heirloom that some druggie is selling for crack money.
It can also be really hilarious.

You don't have to be a fedora tipper to recognize pandering drivel and ratings-bait.

There's a website called Ancient Aliens Debunked where some autist lists all of their claims and points out that pretty much all of them are literally made up.

Most of the dates, building materials, and measurements they provide on the show can be disproven with a google search or trip to a library. It's pretty fraudulent shit desu

People who believe it don't actually know very much about the subject matter and don't bother to look it up, so when they say shit like "you can't light torches in there" or "it was 40 gorillion pounds" people just accept it, even though it's actually made up.

Basically the creators are taking that Fingerprints book and repeating it like without actually looking any of the numbers in it up. They are the retarded aunt that had to call you to set up their modem, and then forwards chain emails about monkeys having abortions.

There is not a single "aliens did it" instance on the show where you couldn't just say "fairies did it" and it would sound identical.

Reinterpreting ancient mythology with a modern lens. Literally what happens when idiots watch too much sci-fi and then start reading history books.

The best and worst part of the show is the overt mocking of human capabilities.

Every episode states "could ancient human REALLY get this done by themselves? Nah they were so damn clueless they needed aliums to help!"

It's hilarious and sometimes you learn about the existence of some neat ancient thing you can then learn about from credible sources. Worth watching if you have nothing better to do.

Also, its worth it just to see G. Tsoukalos ascend into memedom.

I know of it but I've never actually seen it. Any good clips?

Aliens are the only possible explanation for his hair.