/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games. github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

>Wii U
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514
-Loadiine now supports DLC if you own a legit copy of SSB.

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/BernardoGiordano/CustomVersionSetter/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ANY news on vita? moon / sun leak?

nth for Sun & Moon when
W
H
E
N
>inb4 5 hours

this

no news is good news

3rd for people just begging rather than wanting to learn on their own.

>3rd

How bad can you be

>Third

>slut looking at her pregnancy test.jpg

I'm just posting to tell you all that I do not have the .cia and I will not post it in 5 hours. Reminder to install a9lh if you have not for some reason done so! Read OP for more information.

I have the seed for Pokemon in my creampie.
You'll have to dive for it yourself.

Fucking delayed posting.
I had a full minute before it autoposted.

So, I'm kind of a newbie at this. I downloaded the Pokemon Moon pre-load using CiAngel, how would I go about on release day to be able to play the game?

Reminder that DS from SD card is worth waiting for and shitposts are not.

>downloading the pre-load instead of just waiting for the cart dump

kek

>cart dump
>wasting sd space
I personally am going to base my decisison on /vp/ leak thread information. I'd go to serebii but Joe is a pussy.

>implying there would be a cart dump prior to release

kek

There will.

>tfw lost all my saves from before I CFW'd in January
;-;

Failing to account for that is like fainting in a game. It's part of the game's design.

How bad can you be

So just installed Henaku; I take it now any legit games I play or any form of activity won't update my PSN as long as I stay on 3.60?

Ask me your questions. No matter how stupid, I will answer to the best of my ability.

I don't know. I never restored the saves after I finished CFWing and then I updated to luma today and don't know how to get my saves back

What's it mean if I can't get some files from NUS?

Downloading/updating data from that titlekey site
Downloaded data OK!
Downloading TMD...
Downloading Contents...
Total size is 10.81 GB
Downloading 1 of 36.
Download complete: 32.00 KB
Downloading 2 of 36.
Downloading 3 of 36.
Downloading 4 of 36.
Download complete: 192.00 KB
Downloading 5 of 36.
Download complete: 11.19 MB
Downloading 6 of 36.
Download complete: 1.06 MB
Downloading 7 of 36.
Download complete: 1.06 MB
Downloading 8 of 36.
Download complete: 23.38 MB
Downloading 9 of 36.
Download complete: 10.12 MB
Downloading 10 of 36.
Download complete: 454.88 MB
Could not download file...

*Attempt 2 of 9

*Attempt 3 of 9

*Attempt 4 of 9

*Attempt 5 of 9

*Attempt 6 of 9

*Attempt 7 of 9

*Attempt 8 of 9

*Attempt 9 of 9

ERROR: Could not download h3 file... Skipping title

DK Tropical Freeze btw

Answer

Answer this one

how do you overclock ds games with ntr?

Will Trump ever feel my heatbeat with his pinky and my asshole? Or will Hillary watch as humanity regrows from nuclear ash?

It downloads the first few files then errors out and can't get the rest for some reason.

Most other games work fine tho.

No one knows, lol

The pre-load is just a dumb meme

Someone with an EU rednand wanna try this title ID and title key? It's a small game that I just got done unpacking and repacking to edit it for my US home menu.

The Binding of Isaac
TitleID: 00050000101C9B00
Title Key: E863B8750F9777FA77D5DCE5B8076F1D

Use funkiiui to generate a fake ticket with this information by downloading with entered keys.

Is there a way to be constantly seeing screenshots on my PC screen as I take them?

i.e. I have game, i have PC linked to 3DS via FTP or whatever, i take screenshot using NTR. Do I have to take card out each time?

also what are the chances the pokeyman game leaks tomorrow, when the carts get shipped?

you got banned, nignog. ninty's on to you and shiggy's ninjas are on the way

why don't girls like me

Try again. Same thing happened to me and I tried the download again and it worked.

You either lack attractiveness, are an overall uninteresting individual with few hobbies of note, or lack confidence. Only the very last one can be fixed, but it's the one that matters the most. Being certain in who you are and loving who you are (but not being obsessed with yourself) is necessary if you expect to be in a good relationship.

How do I install Gentoo on my o3dsxl so that it actually runs?

Was that way to install vWii Homebrew via Wii U Loadiine or whatever confirmed as working?
If so, we should add it to OP.

Why is nobody trying to recreate an opensource clone of NTR CFW and a proper debugger?

Hypothetically speaking, if I backed up my a9lh/luma SD card, but omitted the Nintendo 3ds directory, and something happened to my SD card causing me to use the backup...

What would happen? I presume the 3ds, if it even loaded would make a new Nintendo 3ds folder, and I would be missing installed games or saves, but otherwise things would work, yes?

why can't I find a qt trap bf?

>Being certain in who you are and loving who you are (but not being obsessed with yourself) is necessary if you expect to be in a good relationship.
I hear this a lot but I don't understand how it works. Can I have an explanation?

You're better off waiting for someone to dump the cart. There's a good chance of that happening before release.

That I don't know. Never fooled with it.

Yes. And yes.

Not sure what you mean. If you take a screenshot, open the FTP application of your choice, the screenshots should show up. You'll need to exit the FTP app each time to take new screenshots, obviously.

You're posting on a mongolian car trading forum.

See me after class.

Beats me. Seems like the community would heavily benefit from it. But I am not a developer.

See my response to

qt trap question here

how can it be a problem with my attractiveness or my interest level when i've never even seen a trap irl? so let me rephrase my question

Where do I go to find qt traps to be my bf?

Anything that's not in the Nintendo 3DS folder can always just be redownloaded.

The only thing you absolutely need is the arm9loaderhax.bin

Have you tried /soc/?

How can I perma brick someone else a9lh 3DS?

the only traps I've seen on /soc/ are either half way across the world or disgusting looking creatures that are most definitely not qt

So i have multiple SD cards for my 3ds, a 16gb card and one is 8gb. They have the same setup (emunand luma), just have different games.

I just wanted to ask if there's anything wrong with my 8gb card? It can't connect to any wifi but my 16gb card can which is kinda strange

That's a very mean thing to do. I'm afraid I won't help you.

You said you would answer any question...

>tfw previously lurking because of Henkaku
>tfw now lurking because of taiHENkaku

Man, I've searched around for ages but I can't find a link to the Tokyo Mirage Sessions DLC (PAL) for the life of me. Any help?

They're both being used in the same system? I can't think of a reason why that would happen. If there's enough space on the 8GB card, copy everything off it to somewhere safe on your PC and duplicate the contents of the 16GB card onto it. I'm curious.

This is tech support, not "help me be a dick to my friends" support. Good day.

reposting from i installed a9hl + luma a week ago. im on 6.3.1 of luma. if i use luma updater to get the latest stable do i still need to update a9lh? how does that thing with installing luma to nand work? is it risky? from what i gather the benefit is only that you can now start your ds without a sd card in it.

You have it right. If you installed a week ago, you should already have the most recent arm9loaderhax.bin. It doesn't undergo as many changes as Luma does.

You're also right about installing to NAND. I'm not aware of any risks, and all it does is allow you to boot without your SD card. If you never intend on removing the card, there's no reason to do it.

that type of thinking is exactly why you'll never be loved

SOUNDTOXIN IS THAT YOU

thanks a bunch.
i guess ill wait for plialects guide to update on how to install luma to the nand.
it could be useful in case my sd card goes bad or something.

Just learned my PS4 is on 3.55.

What does a userland exploit give me? Any good guide on doing it?

So in short, don't need anything from the Nintendo 3ds folder, and as long as I have my arm9loaderhax.bin, I'm fine?
That's a relief.
Thanks.

How many dicks can your ass hold?

oh one more thing.
i want it to say Luma3ds in settings via userstring instead of sys.
how do i set that up? is it just a textfile that i add somewhere?

drop it into a lake

Please stop. I don't want more tripfagging. What this guy is doing is ok if it's just a one-time thing, as long as it stops soon.

>mfw NO 3.63 GAMES EVER

They're used in the same system and the games seems to works fine to in my 8gb card, its just the wifi connection that seems problematic and it happens after i played MHG online. But i'll try to copy my 16gb card later to see if the problem will get fixed or not

Can I buy games from the eshop with CFW? Is that where I get the new ACNL update?

You can

Does 10.7 have browserhax or do I need to buy some game? If it's any help I also have another 3DS with luma+a9hl installed.

No.
This isn't tripfagging, and it's barely even namefagging. I'm just trying to rid the stigma that everyone in this thread is an unhelpful, condescending cunt.

All of them.

There's a tiny little app I use that lets you set it from the 3DS itself.
github.com/BernardoGiordano/CustomVersionSetter/releases

>after i played MHG online
That may have something to do with it. Since MHG stores its entire save in extdata, which is nontraditional, it may have screwed with your SD card somehow. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details, but you can use something like MHGSV to back up the save, then try wiping it and see if you can use wifi again.
gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Down towards the bottom.

You can still normally access the eShop with a hacked 3DS. I haven't checked myself, but is the ACNL update available on FreeShop?

You will need to buy a game. OOT3D is cheap and easy to set up with a second 3DS.

BUT YOU QUOTE BOMB JUST LIKE HIM EXCEPT THE CAPS

it basically comes down to accepting your flaws, strengths, and interests.

nobody likes that kid who tries to act smarter than they actually are, or the kid that keeps putting themself down instead of acknowledging their intelligence

but everybody loves that stupid kid that tries their best even though they know their best isn't good enough

Is Earthbound the only SNES game that's been drastically darkened on the n3DS SNES VC?

Where did the NSFW go on 3dsthem.es? Where do I go for titty themes now?

Yeah. Your proof of purchase for games on the eshop is a file in your 3DS. If you didn't delete everything for good, you'll still own that game.

You can buy shit from the eshop and you'll still own it just as much as you would have without hacking your system.

Freeshop can take a cache of title-keys and download any game on the eshop for free, if you still want to commit a crime. It should grab the latest version as a part of that.

I don't see a problem.

Are you logged in? Did they seriously purge it?

There are many questions to be answered. Better to do them all in one post than bring the thread closer to deletion by splitting them up.

This image makes no sense. Her sleeves are long in the full body view, but when she's pulling the shirt up, the sleeves are gone.

It's still making me hard. Post more.

five
hours

I wasn't actually knocking the format.

>This isn't tripfagging, and it's barely even namefagging.
I know, I'm just scared it's going to become that eventually.

>I'm just trying to rid the stigma that everyone in this thread is an unhelpful, condescending cunt.
Using a name doesn't help that, and that has never been true. People here just shitpost about it regardless. This general has always been helpful, but some people just want to baselessly call it shit.
What you're doing isn't bad by itself, but it actually makes people start posting stuff like "PLZ TECH SUPPORT GUY ANSWER MY QUESTION" even though anyone could, and other people just don't want to help anymore because of it. Look at what happened when Soundtoxin behaved like that if you weren't around back then.

You make good points. I don't want it to come to that either, but it seems that people only start targeting "tech support guy" once I put this on. And it makes things easier to track through the thread, in my opinion.

Perhaps I'll take it off.

I can't find any of them searching NSFW and old lewd themes that I bookmarked are gone now.

Any better places for lewd themes or am I shit outta luck?

You motherfucker, now I can't unsee it.

O-oh no, he's using features built into Veeky Forums. The general is ruined.

Are you SURE you're logged in though? Because you have to be.

The rules explain the feature is meant to be used in specific ways.

is hacking vita hard?
new to this

You don't understand.

We're all 3DS Tech Support. Deep inside of us, we all are.

and asking a person identifying as being helpful is a good use for that name

>The rules

Good one. Rules broken: 0

alright, using ctr-httpwn to try and add funds to my eshop wallet to pay for bank since I'm on 11.1 and can't use pchex, but I keep getting error 036-9612.
anyone know the issue? would an eshop card work?

I'm definitely logged in.

Any /d/ tier shit on 3ds themes or do I have to do them myself?

>qt grill flirting with me
>momentarily feel good and feel hopeful for the future
>suddenly remember I hate myself and I couldn't take any girl that would go out with me seriously

no. if you're on 3.60, it's just basically going to a site and clicking install