What the hell have I done, I think I blew $7300 dollars

So I have to be quite frank, I don't know much about cars and growing up I was never really into them while a lot of my peers were. Anyways throughout my teenage years I watched Veeky Forums's favorite anime, Initial D. Now for a while my attention was hooked on getting an AE86, that's all I ever thought about and as fate would have it, it happened this month.

I was so excited to buy this vehicle that my emotions took over me that I wasn't thinking rationally. I was heavily deceived by the ad as I paid nearly $7300 for this Corolla, I didn't bring anyone with me to inspect the car and was lied to on several points, first of all, it stated it was a 4AGE motor but it was actually the weaker 4AC motor and I realized that after the purchase. Second of all, upon further inspection the fenders and under body is rusted beyond belief, I was booked and charged with a defect notice as the rear boot lid wasn't secured properly due to the hatch being rusted. I really feel ripped and I'm just turned off cars forever. What have I done Veeky Forums. The car looks like pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

graveyardmotorsports.com/Crate_Engines_Parts_Category_s/1022.htm
mobile.de/pl/Samochod/Toyota-Corolla-AE86-GT-Coupe/vhc:car,mld:ae86/pg:vipcar/233372546.html)
worldwidewords.org/articles/aluminium.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go sit in a corner and cry. Nobody cares.

Looks like a total shitbox. I'll give you a box of beer to take it off your hands.

Did you go to a dealer?

You fell for the poorfag Veeky Forums memes about 20-year old shitboxes being cool.

You deserve it. Learn from your retarded mistakes and move on with your life.

Resto/mod time.

Engine (should bolt right up)
graveyardmotorsports.com/Crate_Engines_Parts_Category_s/1022.htm
A 4t-gte would be better, but harder to find.

No turbo or sc.

Bodywork-
Fuckin bondo
Paint w/brush
Get professionally redone later

L O L, OP fell for the meme, too late.

You saw that and thought it was worth $7300?? Wow. Well have fun either selling it or fixing it up.

They are cool. They don't have le angry face like all modern cars, they look better, and they are a lot cheaper. I'm not a poorfag, if I wanted to I could work overtime at wallmart and get a BMW

gr8b8m8 i r8 it 8/8

I hope this is true but I don't think it is, could weaboos really be this retarded?

>but it was actually the weaker 4AC motor and I realized that after the purchase
w..wait what? that engine has carbs. did you even even look under the hood?

If this is real, make it a project car. You could do a conversion

If this is real, kill yourself*

Daily reminder that an AE86 is literally an old shitty commuter car that has been gripped by weeb meme tax.

Itsuki? Is that you?

If it looks like picture related its probably not that bad. All those old japenese cars rust a bit. lets see the actual car though.

You need to learn to walk away. Just cause you have the money and they have a car doesn't mean you have to make a deal. Learn to say no.. I don't care why or what is your dream car but you can always wait and shop around. You would have been better off waiting and shopping around. That said. Throw this up on the Web and sell it to recoup some loss with it and learn from the mistske.

Also I have been a fan of initial d as well but as much as I like the ae86 I like the concept of it more... cheap front engine rear drive 'shit box' that's fun to thrash around. The only way to get a real one is in right hand drive... but there are many cars with that same spirit and style out there. I mean hell you'd even be decently served with a more modern foxbody mustang and changing the rear suspension. But toyota wasn't the only company making non 'sports cars' sporty cars in that era. Do some research and learn from this experience.

Well, it's extremely hard to value a car based on a picture, especially when it's not a real picture of the car. A lot of a vehicle's value is in it's condition and the work done.

If a vehicle has rust eating all the way through the body panels, the only replacement is cutting out and replacing body panels which gets very expensive. I did a rear quarter panel on my 1969 Nova for $1000 just for supplies and welding costs without paint/body. Shops charge $100/hour so it's good to get a clean base if you're new to vehicle restoration.

If you were lied to, I'd take the case to a small claims court to try to work out something with the seller whether it be a return or a partial refund. If his ad is still up and has anything false, quickly print it as evidence. It'll be hard to get anything from this as most private sales between people are final, but it's definitely worth a shot.

7300 means he can't go to small claims, they max out at 5k. Even if the car had a shit ton of mods and nose speakers and all that shit, it's not worth 7300. It's like they say, you will never see the money you put into a car for mods and shit

It's not even that good looking. I liked the 1983 corolla coupe look though.

You can still go and file for the maximum in small claims even if it doesn't completely cover it. Otherwise, it isn't worth the legal fees.

Also, you'll only have a case if you've been fraudulently sold something, it isn't for buyers remorse. If the seller lied about the drivetrain and the work done, you have a case. It'd be a win in my opinion if OP could get about to get a 1-2k settlement to soften the blow from being swindled.

Was the 86 offered left hand drive?

You been posting for what? 2-3 days?

Yeah, you're right.
Sry, I'll go back to lurking

OP, are you in Europe? Those things seem to be quite rare here (mobile.de/pl/Samochod/Toyota-Corolla-AE86-GT-Coupe/vhc:car,mld:ae86/pg:vipcar/233372546.html)
So I guess you could always at least get some money back by selling it

Did you even look under the hood?

Oh well, looks like you learned the hard way. Know what your trying to buy before you buy it next time.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>box of beer
>bongs use cardboard and cans instead of glass or aluminum
>they're also faggots and call aluminum "aluminium" like some chemistry nerds

Holy shit. This advice is terrible. If you want to go cheap. Just buy scrap metal from a local metals shop weld in patch panels you made with the scrap metal. Use bondo to smooth the patches if necessary. Then buy a cheap spray gun and plastidip it. Then if you get it redone later the body shop won't want to murder you as much.

>take it back to the seller and demand your money back because he ripped you off
or
>sell the car to someone else who falls for the memes
or
>get the engine you want and mod the fuck out of the car

>burger claps are so retarded they need to simplify spelling

colour me surprised

the story of why we call it aluminum is very funny and American.

just because your mad at your wife fucking Ahmed and Muhammad doesn't mean you should take it out on burgers. Keep living in a Nanny state cuck.

Non-american here. I'd like to hear it.

You are the ones who simplified learned to learnt. The only people who say learnt in burgerland are cousin fucking hicks.

>colonies being this mad

In about the 30's or so when Alcoa (our giant aluminum corp) changed their logo and had a bunch of business cards and advertising materials printed up. It all came back from the printers misspelled "aluminum"....so they decided fuck it, they were the last word in aluminium, and they were going to call it aluminum, rest of the world be damned.

Here's your (you)

Holy shit I did not expect that... Thanks user.

> Initial MAD MAX
> I drift, I crash, I DRIFT AGAIN

Wrong.
worldwidewords.org/articles/aluminium.htm

Another fun printer error fact, that little bump on top of Minnesota was originally part of Canada. For unknown reasons, Rand McNally, our biggest map company at the time, added the bump, and all their competitors figured Rand McNally knew something they didn't and "corrected" their maps. Canada just said "fuck it, eh?" and let us keep it.

Gramps was an exec at Alcoa, that's the story he passed down to me, idk.

OP's claim:
>I was lied to
What really happened:
OP: I..It's got the 4GE, right, right?!
Seller: what? uh, sure, whatever kid

How the fuck were you deceived by the ad? the pic looks like fucking shit

did you even look or test drive the car before buying it?

has it been 1 month yet? you have till then to go back on it

Well it certainly seems like you overpaid, and it looks like you're going to have to spend more money getting it back into shape. The what you do have is a fantastic chassis that need some body work and maybe an engine swap. It really just depends on how much work you're willing to put into it now. It's either an opportunity for a great project or just try to sell it for a couple grand less than what you paid for it.

That's false, we have that bump because before the head waters of the Mississippi were discovered, people thought it flowed from Rainy Lake, and the treaty writers set the Mississippi as the western edge of the English territories when negotiating with the French. So they surveyed the boundary including flag island.

This was before Rand McNally even existed.

plan of the year
doing it in my 86

Krogerfag here, that's what I did to help do some big fixes on my 535xi. Do it it's worth it (if you can afford the maintenance)
My recommendation is that you buy naturally aspirated if you want reliability

Daily reminder that if you own any 80's Corolla, you effectively own a shitty meme car. Case closed.

I just bought a fucking like new 06 supercharged cobalt ss with only 30000 miles for 8 grand this saterday. Jesus Christ op

You could have gotten a solid mr2 turbo for that price

Exactly my thoughts, famiglia

Stop being factual, the other story is better.

>old corolla
>87hp
>$7300

lolno

Anyone who posted in this thread got baited. Thats exactly what Itsuki did in initial D no one is actually that dumb.

Wow sorry I didn't watch your stupid fucking anime lmao

dont get pissy bc you got memed

Are you Itsuki?

Itsuki is that you?

Some people actually do that where I live, they buy 85s and swap everything. That's some intense perversion.

kek
>it's an 85

We should all be grateful to Shigeno for explaining the difference between 86 and 85 in the actual manga.

Probably just kys m8

Copy pasta

The same topic was posted a week or more ago lol.

>tfw just like my EF civic but RWD

i want an AE86 so bad fuck OP

oh shit i was tripping out feeling deja vu or something, but I saw it before, right

I fucking love this board sometimes

This or, in some states you have a 3 day policy to return the vehicle and get youroney back.
As long as you haven't damaged the vehicle, modified, or put excessive miles on it, you should be OK.

corolla gts but its a little different

> I really feel ripped and I'm just turned off cars forever. What have I done Veeky Forums. The car looks like pic related.

It's an expensive lesson. Now fucking buy nothing but reliable vehicles forever. Reliability is everything.

You refused to learn about cars. Your cartoons are not useful activity. They just cost you over seven grand. How fucking dare you think that way?

Your internet time should have been spent LEARNING useful thinks. For example, all about any technology you will need in life. Knowledge of cars, bikes, computers, everyfuckingthing on the planet is at your fingertips.

You got what weebs deserve for being weebs. You should be turned off weebery forever, not cars. Cars didn't make your fuckup, YOU DID.

Now you get to eat that minor mistake. You can grow, or just cry then get fucked again.

Buy an utterly reliable Japanese sedan. Drive it. You will notice that when you DRIVE a vehicle that time is not spent standing outside of it dreaming of cartoons you will never, ever, ever get to live in. Not even once.

You abdicated on the chance to be a man. Your call if you want to stay a loser. The car is just a minor symptom.

You got memed pretty hard chum.

>This image can be found from years ago on other websites

Not fooling anyone.

Taking a shit and laughing through tears as I read this

This life isn't for you.

I hope its bait for his sake.
If my son was this dumb, I'd disown him.

I love seeing people nickpost outside of /co/

He said "the car looks like pic related" you imbecile.

>watched initald
>didn't even bother to check the motor

By the way, quit calling it an AE86 you brain-dead fucking faggot.

Well technically if it has a 4AC it has an AE86 chassis code. AE85 chassis code had a 3AU.

This is bait, but there are cretins who would do this, and all we can do is laugh. God this place is cancer.

KYS
Y
S

Mechanic here
If it ran and drove good I would give you a whole $500 for that pos.

>$500
you're fucking stupid. KYS my man