pastebin.com/SuXCN3pf
Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV91cW1KMW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast (Updated every other Wednesday):
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

/rpgmg/ Chain/Collaboration Game!
Currently working:
Bubbles !u696zUYxpM
Version 13B: mediafire.com/download/89tsrb5ka31g36h/rpgmgcollab_v13B.zip

Latest SteelZeroes Demo!
mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/70585-sneak-peek-new-tileset-season-pass-dlc-4/
mediafire.com/file/ewrxpu26lcid42p/Project_Overlord_Demo.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=nGV0k73vaDI
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz07wNL1plU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for ice tits best tits.

I can't seem to stay motivated on working on my game tonight. I hate it cause I want to get stuff done but instead I'm just sitting here

Work on your game at least for two hours.

>anime tiddies
nice

I'll give you a hug if you work on your game.
JUST DO IT user
MAKE YOUR DREAMGAME COME TRUE

Bubbles, are you still alive?

fuck I really want a hug too ;-;

ok ok, I'll do it. Map designing woooooo

I love making progress.

I love you!

It's almost proof of concept time.

Don't say something like this if you don't mean it.

No, seriously, I'm putting out a proof of concept today. I'm determined to finish before I sleep. Just finishing up the encounters.

Also, bumping with personal hype.

has any rpg maker game managed to be better than this yet?

Give me 4 months.

Is this legitimately a good game?

It's really good in how it plays itself straight for how absurd it is. It has good story pacing and buildup.

I'd say it's a better joke than a game, but it's not a bad game either.

Bumping.

I'm really excited for Part 2.

I've found I can spend a mind-numbing amount of time doing things that have no end to them.
But I can't bring myself to start a project.

I think I'm running from all the decision making. I suffer too much anxiety and regret as it is.
Even playing a guessing number game of High or Low. I'll still feel regret if I lose, even though I made the smartest guess with the odds in my favor.
Could've. Should've. Didn't.

Good night bump
Tomorrow will be a great day with a lot of progress

I did it, /veeg/. My game is finally ready for a proof-of-concept demo. It's all pretty and polished now, with a few convenient touches added - as much as a proof-of-concept can be polished, that is.

The only thing that's holding me back from posting it right now is I want to beat all the missions, start to finish, to make sure the gold rewards from each is appropriate. It is an extremely punishing game, so getting too little gold to recover between each mission will result in loss by attrition. I already decided to re-enable saving so that people can redo missions without needing to start over clean.

I'm so hyped right now, yet so tired. I may need to wait until after work tomorrow. More dancing to represent my mood.

Don't indulge in your own pity or that of others. That will get you nowhere.

As someone that starts a myriad of projects to the point that most of them slip my mind more often than not, and then never gets far with any of them, let me tell you: the things you stress about don't matter as much as you think they do.
Take the Bob Ross approach; turn happy little mistakes into opportunities for unexpected elements.

Having to make decisions sucks, I get it. But it's not always just a wrong and a right decision you can make. Sometimes you can make an artistic decision, a decision that is good enough, one that has room for improvement, one that will appeal to only a niche group of people, and so forth.

Plus, learning from mistakes is still the best way to learn. If you succeed, it's likely you'll never find out WHY you succeeded. If you fail, it's likely you will find out exactly why you fail - and if you don't, you can employ trial and error methods to find out.
No one gets there on their first attempt (apart from some lucky SOBs). The likes of Stephen King had to wade through their shit-writing first, too - or at least what they deemed crap - and that particular author still churns out works that aren't considered universally fantastic, despite King's prominence as a horror writer.

Find out when and why and how you are motivated to work on your projects the most and embrace that state of mind, place, time, whatever it is.

You, too, will get to a point where you'll achieve actual progress. Just don't give up.

Bamping.

Don't comfort me.
I really don't think it's healthy to shield people from the reality of failure or rejection.

Into the bump we go.

What is your favorite creature design in any RPG you have played?

Why is the VX Ace crack link is broken?

Because every OP forgets to update it.

How much will you be selling your game for when it's finished? How much money do you think you'll make off your game?

Does anyone else use a non-earthly color scheme in their game? In my game, water is green normally and sand is violet.

It's a tie between demons and machines (if you mean enemies in general, otherwise Chimeras). Bosses of these varieties are generally amazing looking too.

What kind of moves would fit a homunculus/artificial human without making it obvious that they are one?

Cellular Manipulation
Apoptosis
Alchemy in general
Augmented physical abilities
Self-destruct

Love

Kinda like OFF did?
Is there a reason why everything looks differently colored in your game?

Never played or looked at OFF. My game takes place on a planet that isn't Earth.

Give me a status update on your demo.

STOP DYING !

It's planned

I fucking hate making tiles and I am stuck since I need them. How do I get my ass to make tiles?

I really hate the stock graphic Dragon, anyone know of decent looking dragons I can replace it with?

Do a parallax instead.

Or
>Use RTP to make map
>Think of how to change it to your game's style, prepare color palette, perspective etc.
>Look at reference for anything you have trouble with.

>Helped a friend find a way to reduce the party's HP in percentages with an event.

I wonder what kind of interesting things can be done with this... maybe punish wrong choices or take damage by colliding with an event...

Do XV scripts work on MV?

I'm going to shove an entire cactus up my asshole I'm almost finished with the demo, please play it when it's done

Still working on the gameplay mechanics.

forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/70585-sneak-peek-new-tileset-season-pass-dlc-4/

So basically... no, the season pass was absolutely not worth the money.

I will play it no matter what!

So what do you think feels better for the usual "generic fantasy game n°5398493"?

Turns or ATB?

Turns.

Honestly what are you even expecting ?

Different user here, but I've been hesitating to start a project for ages, too. I have a million different ideas and zero I'm confident I could finish, so I can't decide what to go with. Maybe I just need to force myself to do something.

I feel like I should start with something small, but I'm no good at coming up with ideas for short games. That doesn't help either.

Consider the implications each system has for mechanics and story tension, tjen do whatever fits your narrative and is feasible with your programing knowledge and art resources.

BUMP

so rpgmg. How long have you all been using these programs? Why are you still sticking with it after all these years?

I'm really fond of Mimics from the Wild Arms series.

Like 14 years or something.

Can't remember when I started, and because I can't into more serious object-oriented programming like Game Maker, let alone Real Programming.

Steelzeroes dev here
10+ years, been using it since I was a little shit with a copy of RPGM 2000.
I wanna use some other engine and make a Megaman/gunstar clone one day.

Meant for. Whoops

Tell me something nice about your game

Random and confusing question.

Let's say i made a skill for the MC, and he isn't supposed to use it until the very last fight of the game.

Can i use the Troops event page to force it to use it even though it was never equipped or learned by him?

I've been using RPG Maker since the original English release for the Playstation. I've never finished a game and haven't spent much time on it since XP, though. I'm just hanging around here hoping to get back into it.

As for why I stick with it, it's a combination of nostalgia/familiarity and laziness, I guess. I had a lot of fun with RPG Maker back in the day, even if I always let working on my projects become a stressful obligation until I abandoned them. I know there are more powerful engines out there, but when I want to make RPGs and have minimal experience with programming and even less making custom art and music, they sound like they'd take more work than I'd be willing to put in. Finishing a game is an overwhelming enough challenge on its own.

I'm not sure, but it shouldn't matter. If you need to, just use the Change Skills event to teach it to the main character, Force Action to make him use it, and Change Skills again to remove it.

I downloaded the program for the first time in 2005 or so, I think. But I didn't really do anything with it other than creating a few maps.

Actually attempting to make a game is something I've been doing for only a year.

Some of those ideas will inevitably be bad. Some won't work out at all.
But some will, some will be great, and some will only shine when combined with other ideas.
The problem is that in one's mental space these ideas work differently than they do in practice.

I have a million different ideas as well. Two game projects in RPGMaker, two in GameMaker, one fiction novel, two non-fiction books, the list goes on. But I spread my efforts around according to current moods and muses, and you can imagine that I'm not far into any of these projects.

That way, there'll never be any experience in what actually works, what doesn't, what is too weak to stand on its own and what is best combined with other ideas, or what is too large in scope.

It doesn't even matter if you finish one of your ideas or projects. It's not a binary thing (well, it is if you want to make a living off it, but you can't do that without any experience regardless). Some ideas will suck, but even those failed ideas will give you experience. Mechanical experience in handling RPGM, experience in promoting your project or handling feedback, sorting through your ideas, even in making pixel art or art in general.

Facing your own inexperience sucks. Add being a lazy POS on top of that (like me) and that can be pretty daunting. Plus, playing video games is easier than learning how to make them (I should know, I'm currently wasting time in Stardew Valley but at least I'm taking note of the pixel art... that's what I'm telling myself, at least.)

Being an ideas guy sucks as well. They're a diamond dozen.
No one will pay you for being an ideas guy because ideas can't be sold - unless you have the idea of the century.
That's why it's important to turn your ideas into something that exists outside of your mind to get anywhere with them.

What are you listening to while you work?
Anything that inspires you?

I haven't started it yet, so it's technically flawless.

You're probably right. If I want to get any good at making things, I'm going to have to practice making things. I'll just need to push past this hesitation sooner or later.

Just finished working. Making dinner now, then going to test run the game start to finish with current gold rewards. If all goes well, I'll add some last minute touches I was thinking about while at work, try a few different builds for fun, and assuming that also goes well, I'll post it.

If something doesn't go well, I'll tweak gold/stat values until it does, no doubt aggravating the shit out of me.

>How long have you all been using these programs?
This year.

>Why are you still sticking with it after all these years?
I'm certainly not going to learn coding just for the sake of it.

Does anyone here know how to set up something like a chance to block in RPGmaker mv? Like say an enemy hits you and you have a chance to block the damage the damage based on shield or weapon.

Blue Öyster Cult, Golden Age of Leather on constant repeat. It... inspires me... Yes.

>Yanfly made a Kyrie Eleison buff script from Ragnarok Online

I absolutely love this guy.

To borrow an analogy: you can't hit the ball unless you swing the bat.
In the beginning you'll miss plenty, or you get lucky and hit the ball by accident, but you will learn to hit the ball more consistently.
But you will never, ever hit the ball if you don't swing at it in the first place.

You can practice in secret, too. You don't need to announce your misses to the world. You can, for example if you thought you'd absolutely hit the ball like this, but you didn't and so you want to ask why. But you don't have to.

Why I value this place: it's neither a hugbox, nor a toxic wasteland. Feedback you'll get from here will be honest and direct 99% of the time, barring occasional shitposts.

There's this classy cat named Baron.

I like his hat.
If you want him to be even more posh then try giving him a monocle.

So, is the collab worth a download?

Is there a new link?

Even without an ending, yes

Bump.

Shill mode, ACTIVATE!

Attention gentlemen and lady, my proof-of-concept demo is officially ready! Introducing Project: The World - Subworld: Sinsheim, Overlord Edition.

Or, "Project Overlord" for short.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, before you go any further, I want to make it CLEAR that this is a proof-of-concept only for an sRPG battle system I built from scratch. First and foremost, that means RTP visual assets, which immediately puts off like 90% of you. Secondly, that also means it is still very rough and uses test items and lacks proper displays.

==========================================

Project Overlord's Proof-of-Concept Demo

Download: mediafire.com/file/ewrxpu26lcid42p/Project_Overlord_Demo.rar

==========================================

So what's inside. Project Overlord showcases an sRPG combat system I've been itching to try for some time. For it, I created 7 Missions or scenarios for people to battle through. You spend your time before a mission in a tavern, recruiting party members, training stats, and buying gear. The demo is extremely difficult, so don't feel bad if you cannot clear all 7 missions.

The primary inspiration for the combat is 40k: Rogue Trader (1E) and it utilizes dice rolls, with the large focus being on manipulating your odds by improving stats. I've allowed saving between each Mission to reduce frustration, between RNG and some curve balls within the encounters.

Gameplay itself is very straight forward. Build up in the Tavern, leave to fight a battle, return & repeat.

Annnd that's about it. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy. Look out for those fucking Star Men.

And here's a quickstart guide. You can recruit multiple soldiers/peasants, but the max party size is 12. Max inventory size is 100 items, but I sincerely hope no one tests that.

Awesome!
Congratulations for putting out this demo!
RTP graphics are absolutely fine for this, I only nag about the RTP when they are used for finished games, which are sold.
I'll download your demo but it's really late around here, so I will give you my thoughts on your game tomorrow.
Anyway, you did good.

Bumping.

youtube.com/watch?v=nGV0k73vaDI
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz07wNL1plU

Mostly instrumental music

Good night bump

And a good night bump from me too.

GOOOOD MORNING

Vidya OSTs. I'm using Secret of Mana and FFT atm

same senpai, usually Final Fantasy's, Blue Dragon, Kingdom Hearts, or OFF/Space Funeral

A monocle is a good idea. He should be reading some good poetry as well.

>Space Funeral
Isn't most of that game's music from other games?

VX Ace user here. Let's say I want to start drawing my enemy minions. What dimensions should I use for enemy size so they aren't too tiny? Same question for enemy bosses, assuming they're bigger than enemy minions.

Make a test with a 650xwhatever for bosses, should be big but not enormous.

You'd rather die than be with me?

since rm's default battlelog window is shit and not good for displaying information about battles, i decided to make info popups for battle. i'm trying to make it as visually intuitive as possible, with important stuff like critical hits being in large red text

yes