/svg/ - Shadowverse General

VALUE Edition

Shadowverse is a class-based collectible card game akin to Hearthstone. The Steam version launched on October 28th.

Platforms: iOS, Android, Steam (store.steampowered.com/app/453480/)

Official Website:
shadowverse.com/

Card Database / Deck Editor:
shadowverse-portal.com/

Intro Guide/FAQ:
pastebin.com/xNmQuDzR (read this if you're new)
docs.google.com/document/d/1Ibw62rcFMrkvWl_KPKUuRC_0f7LbvwE27ubQ-EJo0oQ/edit?usp=sharing

Take 2 Card Rankings:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k55fDS9LpX66H-pm5EgGouqwQSCF-sje-o5UwrXUwdI/htmlview#
Get your cheat sheets here: imgur.com/a/Dpbmh

Friend list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DKn9RybTNTQ3a8cm-68KvDOHCFBRK8VDD2JVO8HTUWg/edit?usp=sharing
___

Some user made an all-in-one Steam undub and uncensor for the lazy or mentally handicapped. Open wide and enjoy responsibly.

mega.nz/#!tl1mGaIQ

Decryption key: !tsu910nR6lT_xTQAx9QUNI_96DLJ0mvgIwwThp5lPS4
___

Come here if you want to search for card artworks:
corpetit.com/public/rage_of_bahamut/
Search by artists:
seesaawiki.jp/mnga_bahamut/

Banished:

First for Vania a best

Doggy thread?

Erika is my wife.

Guy I was playing Take Two in private with, that last deck actually had 2x Prince of Darkness

[NOISES OF WILD ANIMALS]

Stop making threads early, faggot.

>Hardcore lolicon
>Don't want to do anything lewd to Luna and only protect her
>Want to make her happy
>Playing Shadowcraft for her
Is this love?

I want to fuck this dog.

Lucky, I was super unlucky with my drafts, I didn't get offered any of the good swing cards. I also played poorly a lot of the games. Sucks to suck, being new to a game again is the worst.

I've got 2 Fafnirs, should I liquefy one of them so that I can make a third Forte?

I already play Hearthstone and Duelyst, besides waifubait, what exactly does Shadowverse bring to the table that these don't?

NP, you didn't lose anything by playing there, and I got a bunch of practice drafting classes I don't normally pick. Just keep at it.

>Too few low pp cards and you lose to guys that do and spam decks
>Dudes that spam the field with low pp and summons/last word summons chew up wards and strong guys
>Too many low pp and you both can't wipe out high pp cards, lose the field trying, and have empty hands as you burn up cards and bad draws
>Draws replenish your stock from rolling low pp but you burn pp, field advantage, and rapidly push yourself to an auto game over from card cap if you can't j-j-jam in the knot in the process
>Spell cards basically fuck everyone over with single target killers and board clearers immediately reversing momentum as well as yourself when you say, get a board cleaner you have no use for when you needed a mon but can't afford to waste it cause you only have 1 or 2 down the road and you will need them
>If it has an ability thing you can't utilize, it's basically worse than a pure
>You need some form of amulet removal but having that weakens your deck if it's not necessary and if you don't get and still have it when you need it you're just hurting yourself
>Stupid legendaries like leonidas that are bascially play this and the enemy may as well kill themselves
>You can't hold the field so you can get attacks in cause of eight kinds of bullshit and evolutions will keep breaking your grip
>You can't ignore clearing their field to get attacks in cause you're a spell or ability away from getting assblasted and never being able to recover on top of various healing shit and not being able to heal yourself above your initial hp
So bloody frustrating

>Misclick and lose becuase of it
FUCK

If you want to play Face Dragon might as well. Fafnir is really good in midrange though, so if that ever becomes good again you'll want two.

The game's mechanics show much more awareness by the developers than Hearthstone's, there's a wider viable card pool despite less cards in the total pool, balance is good, and it's extremely easy to get by without money. Actual mechanical detail doesn't make sense without context so you'll have to play it to see how that works out, but evolution is great.

I haven't played Duelyst but Shadowverse is actually being produced by a major company with an advertisement budget, so you're assured that the game will be alive and healthy for the next half decade at least.

>Tfw I've recently gave up all delusion of me not being a lolicon.

It's much less random than Hearthstone and the game is pretty generous to players starting out and for rewards in general. The classes do not have a hero power or ability and instead have a secondary resource to manage or some other passive ability for their class cards. There's also a mechanic called Evolve that allows creatures to make tempo swings or gain extra abilities. Evolve allows a creature to gain stats (usually) and bypass summoning sickness to attack other creatures immediately, but you can only do it 2 (first player) or 3 (second player) times.

Are you generally trying to draft around six 2 drops, then prioritizing removal and direct damage effects over big bodies?

It's legitimately impossible to win chapter 7 of the dragoncraft campaign.

>Failed to initialize Direct3D.
>Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your
>graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration
>in display settings.
>InitializeEngineGraphics failed

>Directx 11, driver up to date, 3d accel is on
Searched last thread, anyone else having problems?

Do rankings ever reset or decay?

>Enemy loses in arena
>Instead of just conceding, they DC and delay me half a minute
I can tab so it doesn't matter, but it's strange.
I always see Japs pulling this shit

It took me 9 tries. Praise the RNG friend

See you're already way ahead in the game compared to me, I don't have any idea what you just said in half of those lines. I don't get frustrated because I don't have a grasp on any of that. I'm just pressing buttons and cute anime girls appear on screen. My job is to stay in the game long enough to see more anime girls and then put my skelefuckers to play to get them off my fucking field.

Only Master Score resets.

Only master

just a wild guess but have you tried installing directx 9.0c runtime packages anyway? there might be contain components specific to that package

do DC's affect their ranking? I remember a game a couple years back where they dc'd to protect it.

git gud son.

Also, make a better deck than the default deck.

My usual drafting priorities are:

4 mana evolve swing > early game > removal > big dudes

The last chapter of forestcraft makes the rest of them look like a joke.

Hello /svg/ I have been playing for a few days with absolutely 0 CCG experience, mostly as midrange shadow with mord/urd/ceridwen wincondition
My winrate is so low that i stay in C without sandbagging which is ideal because i have pretty much absolutely no legendaries relevant to my shit
Thanks for listening, and yes I have a banner deck but it is missing a lot of shit and terribly optimized because I staunchly refuse to netdeck
Sometimes the rng is perfect on the AI side like with the elite bots, just keep trying

Fucking broken NPC meme decks

>get dshifted T H R E E (3) times in one match

horseshit

Oh true, the ridiculous 4 drops are definitely a priority, I forgot to mention them since its always a snap pick.

That's hard for new people who don't know any of the fine details other than pp pairing's and big numbers bully little numbers. It doesn't help that you also don't have a lot of cards and the enemy deck has a bunch of ways to clear your board then shove your shit in as soon as it dragon oracles 7pp 2 turns early.

Every time I pull a Cerberus I'm happy, she can really turn games around.
>Combining Cerberus' puppets with that card that gives +2 attack and goes through ward
Every time I win with that it's like a magical high you can't come down from

How many Take Two matches have you guys won so far?

500 looks like it will be a huge timesink.

Just did that and still nothing. Really bungling my bum

Can I link multiple accounts to the same copy of the Steam game at once? I'm getting some decent legendaries, but I want to keep trying my luck without deleting what I've already gotten.

Hey guys can I link shadowverse to my phone from steam? I never played on my phone but I dont want to overwrite everything on steam...

have you gotten the basics down by at least beating the story and all the elite ai?

>another nip can't handle the loss and smash his cellphone
>countdown as usual
>at 20 seconds it stops
>see this
>nothing happens, can't open the menu
>wait for 5 minutes, still nothing
>have to alt+f4
>"stupid gaijin you dare forfeit our great game"
>defeat
Great fucking game 11/10 would kill hearthstone again.

No.

Yes, just go to More while on Steam and create a link code under Device Link that you can input on your phone.

>Pull off two turbo Atomys in a row
>Opponent has Dance of Death both times
abloobloobloobloo

Your internet shat itself. Stop crying.

Are there any places where I can read up on how to improve at shadowverse? (Outside of just building decks, it seems that I have alot of trouble with handling bad match ups and what not.) or even places on youtube that are good for learning?

out memed

Try to find a twitch stream and ask questions in the chat

Most of the people streaming are relatively good or have been playing long enough to teach a little

>get matched against Sword in T2
>lose
I
LOVE
THIS
MEME

Oh yes, all that shit is long done. I'm reasonably good at the actual playing part its just my decks are total rubbish. I tried aggro bat and was pretty good despite missing most of the parts of it, i only have 1 vania and none of the gold bat amulet.

Game-ai does include mulligan tips and whatnot for some decks. Unfortunately, you will need to decipher the moonrunes.

Pray you draw cards for your synergies, strategies, combos, and run meme decks.

Thank you so much user I love you!

I gotta admit, this is a pretty clever way at making Cerberus an anime girl.

Is there a list of deck archetypes available? I read up on the differences between classes, but obviously there's going to be variation within the same class.

I installed this game because I saw that there were a good amount of skeletons as cards. How viable is a skeleton deck

>73 wins with four 5 wins

I intend to invest on T2 after piecing together those cheat sheets anyway, so I should be able to get to 500 within a month.

I got an animated Satan, what's the best deck to use him in?

Shadowcraft has a couple of spooky skeletons, and most of them having Last Word. They are actually decent to deal with aggro in general.

They hate nigger priest, though.

People are saying aggro shadow is good and most of their base cards are cute skellies with some zombies and loli necromancers mixed in if you don't mind that
Mordecai is best skelly

How do I optimize Ceridwen? Just shove in a fuckton of cards with ward or bane?

>illbleed webm
>of the killerman chapter
you have good taste

This is my forest purgatory deck, I don't have 3 tia's but I added an extra elven princess mage and fairy beast. How the fuck do I play this deck against haven craft? Specifically talking about seraph deck and elana decks. Them two are my worst match ups

Does going first offer any real advantage.

It seems like the two extra cards at the start and extra evolution point more than make up for any advantage

wouldn't hate haven if they'd just stop banishing my hell's summoners

dragoncraft. You rush early playpoints and summon him asap

Lolicon is mental illness, seek help, thereĀ“s people out there willing to confidentially offer assistance to pull you out from pedohell!

Being ahead a point on PP and aggression is a big deal. Second turn advantage is a lot more apparent at low level games than high level games.

Everytime I play a fucking Jap they do this shit when they're losing.

Aggro Blood cap you in turn 4-5 if they play first. That extra evo point won't be helpful when you are dead.

Just unpacked another Alex so it only costs 5k for me to make Control Sword, should I do it?

dose tittays doe

Thanks user
Usually have to play her really late, the best you can honestly get out of her earlier is that 5 cost 3/5 with ward and that still kind of sucks because it won't get the necromancy bonus. If you wait REALLY late then she can give you an extra mordecai if he's been destroyed once already

Heal Seraph. I just lost a game where I did like 30 points of damage total but was unable to win before turn 10 where they dropped Satan with ward then next turn a 13/13 with ward. Seriously, that amulet that gives creatures with more then 4 defence ward is a heck of a cock block.

This is why you focus towards a win con. You're trying to play towards too many wins at once. Do you want your deck to finish games out quickly, become a midgame powerhouse, or stall until you can get big threats online? Tune your deck so it shines in one area and play with that power curve in mind rather than trying and failing to succeed all of the time.

If this is wrong, I don't wanna be right

Honestly, improvement at card games in general comes from reading up on the cards and learning what to expect from what type of deck. The first couple of plays can tell you a lot about what their deck is going to be and you can adjust how aggressive or passive you play to meet the pressure needed to fight.
Match ups you can read up, ask about, etc, but even those aren't completely perfect.

Keep trying and pray to RNGesus

You don't need 3 Fairy Beasts or Elven Princess Mages.

Add in either Cynthias or Will of the Forests.

How do you feel about this imp?

>pedohell
im in pedoheaven

Please report and ignore, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

whoops, meant to reply to

If you're playing Take 2, evolving Ceridwen when you have a solid 4-drop dead is a good idea for huge disgusting amount of tempo.

Waifu tier.
Truly a perfect girl.

Why was I under the assumption Mordekai revived, not created a copy of himself? Damn, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Read Patrick Chapin's first book about Magic the Gathering. It has a lot of concepts that transfer over to pretty much any type of TCG, OCG, CCG, etc.

Pretty great card. I find it pretty hilarious that some people actually run Vampire Queen over her

You can mass-produce Morde with Urd too. Too bad control Shadow cannot take off at the moment.

is mordecai the king of take 2? I only managed to win once when he got played, and only because I was about to win anyway.

>take 2 against haven
>turn 1 sacred plea
>turn 2 beastcall
>turn 3 blackened scripture+plea
>turn 4 priest of cudgel

even in fucking arena it's impossible to escape this shit

Nah, the idiots run wind god over her.

>Cynthias
>Will of the Forests
I don't have either of those cards but thanks for suggestion though

That's good too, but shes just such an incredible draw on later turns (and take 2 tends to go on later usually) and sometimes it's not worth it if you're going first and only have 1 or 2 points left
Yeah him having that as a last words makes the urd combo great too. My shitty midrange shadow deck has one mord one urd one ceridwen and a couple rise of the deads that are fun to meme with if i draw them

Animated FeelsGoodMan

I played around with it a bit, and honestly, the problem that sticks out to me the most is that it's very similar to Control Sword in a lot of ways but it doesn't have enough good wards besides Death's Breath to really stave off aggression and stabilize.

That could be fixed if it had good healing options instead but Shadow's healing options are only marginally better than Control Sword's with just Orcus. In some ways, you could say it's even worse because the 3slot is so important for Shadow that it's unlikely you can fit in healing angels, unlike Control Sword's relatively weak 3 slot.