/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

You will never wear this edition

Bloodlusted itself: >1.08 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/241332569600668256

>Ashes of Ariandel DLC Stuff
pastebin.com/W1XH72P2

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrSny85oCDU
youtube.com/watch?v=usxrnYRZf_g
gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should i fix my first playthrough character on DS with a save editor?
I put a point on RES by mistake, should i just mod it away with a save editor or should i just leave it there?

What's a good helmet for slave knight chest, gloves, and silver knight leggings? Using sellsword helm right now but I feel like it doesn't fit too well.

Pyro is overpowered and Integra is normie trash who overlevels to 140 to cheat in FCs

Best weapon in its respective class?

I've been using the Black Knight Greatsword forever and have smith'd it as much as possible, and I'm going with the Soul of Cinder's sword for Ashes of FUCKING CROWS AND SPEARS

Since armor doesn't really matter much in this game I'm using Fallen Knight, and my rings are total garbage since they don't matter either. Estus Ring Chloranthy Ring Ring of Favor Silver Serpent Ring

Sword and board with shit stats at 121

Just came out of prison, how do I know if I'm banned from Dark Souls 3 online or in the hacker pool?

There should be a big box with a warning and telling you, that you have been suspended.

>Lord of Hollows
>Keeps the flame intact

What an awful Dark Lord ending. Keeping the fire alive is something that a true dark lord would never do. You got tricked by Yuria, you cucks.

Does bleed builds work without carthus rouge?

Like using bleed infusion or hollow with luck build?

What's the consensus on a challenging but fair SL for the DLC?
120 was easy, SL400+ on NG+7 was either 2shot dead or hack n slash

struggling right now with a faith build on SL80

Negro this is why I told you ds2 players to be mindful of your sm. Even if people wanted to help you they would have to destroy their character to help you by massively inflating their own soul memory.

On ng? Haven't done one on ng yet but I'd imagine 70+

I deeply hope that in the inevitable Dark Souls IV, that references to III are glossed over, and the shitty reality is merging lore-wanking is taken to a shed and shot.

DS2 did no better by going of on its own while bringing hardly anything to the table and then still wanking DS1 with dumb references that didn't make sense

/dsg/,
What's YOUR go-to PvP build? What do you use to meme on tards that still lose in a stacked 3v1 match-up against you?

Honestly all I've ever done is camouflage as a barrel and wait at a chokepoint with black flame at the ready. Soon as the host comes by 4 quick hot loads to the face ends him.

The theory is cycles is way more pleasing, than Miyazaki's lazy lore of making all of the timelines converge, so he can stuff as many Solaire and Siegmeyer references he wants in your face.

In II, all of the things from I are lost and almost forgotten, from 1000s of years ago.

Haven't fucked with invasions a whole lot lately but I was doing decent with my greatsword of judgment in the forest of faggot farrons

I've got 3 of the lord souls and just arrived at that Bright Cove place. These are the sorceries I have so far. Have I missed any? I don't care about the other types of spell.

You need to burn a bonfire ascetic at the bonfire, to get Crystal Soul Spear

Magic is useless don't worry about it

t. Havel

PLS I MUST KNOW
How did you get in jail? How long have you been there? You were beaten?

Off the top of my head, CSS and Focus Souls.

Did it on NG+2, sl100. Was probably more challenging than intended, but still a lot of fun.

*staggers*

Why are blues always shitters?

What SL and NG level was this on?

youtube.com/watch?v=MrSny85oCDU

>DS II NG+
>Items and Spells are unlocked
>Boss fights change
>Spawns change

>DS III NG+
>Uh...New Rings!

If it's your first playthrough just suck it up

I CAN'T BEAT DANCER

WHAT FUCKING DO

HER FUCKING ASS DISTRACTS ME

I'm in love.

You devour it all yourself though, that's got to count for something

SLUT

You fucking moron. You clearly don't understand how that ending works

What I understand is that a true visionary would let the fire die, and let whatever is supposed to come after this, pass.

get 40 vig and upgraded estus, ur done

Are low level invasions of the DLC viable at all? Or is it all metashit? How low can you go for DLC area invasions?

I've been getting near constant invasions at 30+4

Jerk off before the fight.

Summon a bunch of phantoms to fight for you while you jerk off in the corner looking at her ass.

Hey /dsg/, we're all different. Post (1) "easy" bosses that you still have a tough time with and (2) "hard" bosses you beat with ease the first time

DeS
(1) Phalanx, Armor Spider, Dragon God, Leechmonger
(2) none

DaS
(1) none
(2) Artorias

DaS2
(1) Freja, Demon of Song, Nashandra
(2) Sinner, Fume Knight

DaS3
(1) Iudex (second phase fucks me up), Vordt
(2) Champ, Friede

BB
(1) Amelia, Rom, One Reborn, Micolash, Living Failures
(2) Ebrietas, Lady Maria

>30+4

Shouldn't that be +3? I thought the general rule of thumb was that you use your level divided by 10 for your weapon level? Or are you dividing by 8 instead?

In the usurper of fire ending you take the first flame into yourself and convert it to some kind of dark flame. This makes you a god akin to Gwynn, but a "dark" God able to rule the hollows. Just letting the flame go out doesn't fix anything, as the cycle will eventually begin again.
Usurping the flame, however, creates the age of man that Kaathe was pushing for since DaS1

>bleed resin locked behind abyss watchers
>get exactly 9 fucking estus flasks before abyss watchers in a game that rounds down half your flasks when invading

SUFFERING

Most people seem to agree that Aldrich was pretty easy, but he killed me so many times. Got really unlucky with that second phase arrow move rng

You can't invade people with +6 if you're at +3.

The curse is linked to the flame. The fire must die. The only way to end the curse is to extinguish the flames.

The Fire Keeper makes it clear the death of the fire is not permanent when you talk to her.

So how the fuck are these low level characters getting DLC weapons and complete sets by SL 20?

Yeah that's why I thought 30 +4 was weird, but I see people go 60 +8 all the time too so idk famalam. Seems odd to me, like you're gonna run into underleveled situations a lot.

And Aldrich says otherwise

YOU FUCKING IDIOT. We let the flame die in prior games and the curse still resurfaces. The whole point of the church of londor is that being undead isn't a bad thing, it's the natural state of man that should be embraced.
This is what we do when we absorb the flame into our dark sigils. It's not crazy to believe that with such power being wielded by a hollow lord that the negative affects of the curse (hollowing) could be treated

CUTE

What if you get a CE after beating NG+7 and a bottomlesser box that lets you transfer within characters?

>11 vit with prisoners chain gives you 38.199 points of equip load before you midroll
>rounds down

Also the firekeeper has to maintain bonfires with a fuckton of humanity - it can't come spontaneously from nothing

Because this is Dark Souls and you can do literally anything you want as long as you can roll well enough.

Same shit here. Fuck Aldrich

Ya so is the deep supposed to be a reference to Bloodborne? I don't really see what else it could be other than some hamfisted alternate reality. Really wish they gave us more lore about the Deep

>prisoners chain
Meant fap+2, fuck

i think you're getting a little too upset about a poorly told story in a gook game

Yeah, for them.

Your inability to use critical thinking to piece together the intended story is what's pissing me off.

How do we make it not worthless anymore?

All you gotta do is run in a fairly tight circle, it's surprisingly easy.

equip WoG instead

The same with all other miracles

Make the cast time not so fucking slow. Compare to Vestiges.

Ya I beat him first try on NG+ after I got the strat down. But before I knew that he was brutal. On the other hand, I beat Pontiff first try, a boss a lot of people seem to have trouble with

you're replying to a different person

also lmao
>intended story
get a load of this guy

constantly deals damage as it passes through things

I beat Pontiff first try because I was a sorceror, so there's that.

The fextralife entry on this that calls it destructo disc is pure cringe

my first time was on ng+3 sl 120

Wasn't 'hard' for me but it was challenging. Died maybe 8 times total in the dlc.

This. Ds3 tried way too hard to just throw references everywhere. While it was cool in the beginning, it just ended up making things even more confusing and barely anything was explained in the end.

ds2 did a good job by branching off. Ds3 should have done the same, instead of the half-assed bloodborne and ds1 mash we got.

Miyazaki pretty much just used ds3 to recreate ds2 in his personal vision. Which would be fine if ds2 hadn't already happened, the lazy fuck.

The fact that vestiges does 10 times the damage or more also helps

>increase damage
>increase cast and projectile speed
>make it fly back instantly instead of hanging in the air for a few seconds

Ya idk, when he started to spawn the clone I just beat the shit out of him. Killed the clone and put him so low,especially with that easier phase two move set, that finishing him was easy. Champion also beat my ass sideways though and it seems most people didn't have a terrible time with him

>the inevitable Dark Souls IV

DaS4 is anything but inevitable. Now that From is out of contract, they're free to make another Souls or Soulslike that doesn't involve them with the pile of shit that is Bamco publishing. Additionally, they're owned by Kadokawa now, so Kadokawa would have to be convinced that the "Dark Souls" name is so much more important than just the "From Software" name on a new title that it's worth splitting the profits with Bamco, and Bloodborne would go to show that it really isn't. They can launch something like "Dragon Souls" and start with fresh canon, which seems to be where Miyazaki thrives, and the community is used to shuffling names around enough that it will sell with no trouble.

Dark Souls 4, if it happens, will be Bamco getting some lackey developer to puppet around a limp corpse of a series and if they do it, I hope it flops. Bamco deserves nothing further from the series.

Sorry but I have to post this:

youtube.com/watch?v=usxrnYRZf_g

Sorry friedefags. Not sorry.

Have it home in on enemies and hit them multiple times before disappearing. Also increase damage jesus christ.

DaS
(1) Gwyndolin
(2) Capra

DaS2 (Not completed yet but on my way)
(1) Freja, Rat Sif (just died 4 times on him), Ruin Sentinels, died a bunch of times to Iron King but first playthrough he was easy.
(2) Lost Sinner

DaS3 (only as far as Farron)
(1) Iudex, same reason as you

BB (Completed but not TOH)
(1) Cleric Beast, Amelia feels difficult but I did do her first time, One Reborn killed me a few times, Darkbeast.
(2) I had a Pinwheel experience with BSB. Gehrman was relatively easy considering he was the final boss.

I'm fairly certain From Software owns the actual IP and Bamco just has the publishing rights.

either ng or ng+ at SL120.

It's another Lovecraftian thing. BB is the most obviously Lovecraftian Miyazaki game but all the Souls games have references.

I guess they're just good. Haven't fought Friede yet but the wolf and bitch boi boss isn't terribly difficult, with summons it would be easily cheesable at low level. The area in general isn't to bad either, you could just sprint through most of it for items

>that image

DELETE THIS!!!!!!

make it FAST AS FUCK, like farron dart fast since they share the damage
make it actually rebound if it hits an obstacle instead of disappearing
here, i made it the best miracle for pvp

Is that image from before the time CCS was discovered or some shit?

who iron badge here?

How do we make Bloodlust less shit?

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

>How do you feel about things like the comics and mobile games that tie-in to the franchise?

>The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment’s IP, so those kind of decisions are under their jurisdiction. Mind you, I don't want to be scolded for what I say [laughs].

We would never have gotten the trash that is Slashy Souls or the Dark Souls comic if Bamco weren't in charge of the IP.

every single melee build that i've encountered in brawl while being on my casters

So is the Deep an alternative to the cycles? Has they're ever been an age of the Deep? What the fuck is the Deep even supposed to entail/look like? It's such a cool idea I just wish they had explained it more

Silver in Duel
Stone in Brawl

I stopped playing Brawl after a few games because it was always a festivals for mages and pyros.

everyone has been calling it that since the first famitsu scans

MUM UNPLUG THE MODEM!!

MUM!!

>>The Dark Souls series is Bandai Namco Entertainment’s IP, so those kind of decisions are under their jurisdiction
Oh. That's dismaying.

>tfw bamco recruits "pillars of the community" for pvp balance decisions

>not calling it wind cutter

s m h

For smaller foes maybe, but rouge is the special sauce that makes bleed builds shine. You definitely want to oil up against larger foes and bosses as the rapid buildup leads to rapid procs which absolutely decimate large hp pools

In pvp the same applies.

The only acceptable Dark Souls adaptation would be something as depressing and empty as the game itself. Like maybe 5 minutes of dialogue in a whole movie.

Any girls want to help me get 30 shackles so I can host PCFCs/

I haven't got very far in DS3 so I have no idea what it is there. In Lovecraft it's just a simple idea of the deep sea. Horrible, unimaginable thing lurk there that warp reality around them and drive anyone that looks at them insane. Then the same idea seems to be mrrrored in deep space, with something there that's currently being kept asleep but if it wakes up it would be the end of the universe.

No idea if that's at all related to what it is in DS3, probably not.