What's the car that all (or almost all) of Veeky Forums agrees is the greatest?

What's the car that all (or almost all) of Veeky Forums agrees is the greatest?

Would that be the 911?

Lol no

nope.

if it's a Singer, then yes.

McLaren F1.

a 2001 cyan volkswagen lupo

Greatest at killing entire crowds at car shows.

Let's help define what is "greatest"

- shaking up the industry by causing competitors to react (such as the 2JZGTE and RB26DETT)
- breaking records
- being a benchmark for others
- winning races
- being daily driven by fanatics

It's hard to define "the greatest", but I'm sure some cars fit into these qualities

Easy.

Oh look, the RB26DETT fuccbois here to spam their mememachine

This is the only applicable answer. There is no reasonable or objective argument against the F1 as a sports car.

911 has better braking performance and more challenging handling

That's best of the 90s, not best in history.

But extremely good car anyway.

Could it be? Nissan's benchmark to beat was the 911. It did beat it...

>implying BMW and Toyota didn't scramble up together to respond back to Nissan

If it were up to me, it would be the Miura, because, just fucking look at it... but no, I can't be biased.

>Could it be? Nissan's benchmark to beat was the 911. It did beat it...
It only beat it when the 991 came out and had more of an "arcade game" feeling than the GTR

First affordable automobile.

>That's best of the 90s, not best in history.
It's still the best in history until you start adding in turbochargers and computer-controlled everything. It still held the top speed record for over a decade until the Boogady Vaywong and its preposterous setup came to the scene, and that's with computers and techno-whatzits everywhere, while the F1 doesn't even have anti-lock brakes.

I'm a 911 owner and huge F1 aficionado. I would love to see some data to back up that assertion. Obviously there's a huge difference in brake diameter and rotor material, but the F1 is 500 lbs lighter.

Yeah the veyron could never have achieved what it did without that damn abs

You've clearly never driven a 991, there's no "arcade feeling" what-so-ever. And I will bitchslap the first person that mentions the electric rack in the 991.

What does the Veyron have to do with the 911 and McLaren F1?

Compared to a GTR it is :^)

I think he linked the wrong post.

The lack of ABS was an example of the F1's lack of any sort of driver's aids, the make or break with the Veyron was the four (4) turbochargers and ridiculous transmission/wheels/etc.

>A replacement transmission for the Veyron costs just over US$120,000.[21] It also has permanent all-wheel drive using the Haldex Traction system. It uses special Michelin PAX run-flat tyres, designed specifically to accommodate the Veyron's top speed, and cost US$25,000 per set.[21] The tyres can be mounted on the wheels only in France, a service which costs US$70,000.[21]

This sounds like one of those "The S2000 can drive upside-down" or "the US invaded the Middle East to stockpile gasoline in preparation for the seventh generation Corvette" type images.

the electric rack in the 991.

Yes I linked the wrong post.

Anyone who's driven a 997 and 991 back to back will confirm the 991 feels numb, fake and gay.

ITT nobody mentions miata the only car Veeky Forums agrees on, ergo the greatest.

/thread

No one mentioned the Lada Samara either.

pure sex

No one ever mentions the lada samara senpai

Or the Trabant, the Volvo 245, the Dodge Stratus or the Dacia Sandero.

LJ/LC Torana
>same weight as a Miata
>same power as a Miata
>handles better than a Miata
>muh racing heritage
>has 4 seats

fight me miata faggots

As someone who has owned both and driven most iterations of both, I can safely say you're completely full of shit.

I was considering getting a 911 but like, they really arent that fast compared to getting a jap car and putting a turbo on it or just tuning the stock turbo.

Yes