So with the new acura nsx and toyota supra lookin to be pretty big let downs (not sure how the rx-7's gonna come out)...

So with the new acura nsx and toyota supra lookin to be pretty big let downs (not sure how the rx-7's gonna come out) is the new toyota 86 our last hope at having a loved car from the past be brought back in at least most of it's glory??

>205 hp
>looks alright
>seemingly useful technology/cluster
>rwd
>starting around 25k

This car triggers Veeky Forums's autism

why buy a 87 when you can get a z

But for real though, shit does look like a fun entry level type of car that you can have fun with and grow with as well.

>haha I hate new cars, am I cool yet guys?

370z has like 70% more power and costs 5k more.

>205 hp
Dynos showed them as low as 135 to the wheels. Just like the BRZ and FRS.

>135 WHEEL HP
>2016

You can't make this shit up.

>but m-muh feels

Are we judging every car by it's shittiest spec now? That's cool.

>Mazda's AT's suck so much balls they have to detune the engine

>shittiest spec
No, it's weak ass suspension is its shittiest spec. The fact that the engine has 50-70hp less to the wheels then advertised is a different matter.

you can buy an fbody with 305 hp for 9k
tell me right now you would have more fun with 135 whp spending 25k or spending 9k for 305

I have a sportbike and that is all the fun I need. With the twins I get a NEW car with a warranty for around $25k.

I like how you need a warranty with your "reliable" toyota.
>sportbike
ok

Fine.

The 86 will be great for carrying home groceries, handling decently, and looking sporty as you get walked by minivans because they STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE TORQUE DIP

>talking about car performance
>doesn't do his own work
Benchracers folks.

>is the new toyota 86 our last hope at having a loved car from the past be brought back in at least most of it's glory??
No, there is another

>let's take a good chassis, soften the suspension even more for boomers, and muffle our 1.4 turbo to the point where it literally sounds like a hairdryer because, again, boomers.

I've test driven both the ND and the Fiata, and the Fiata just feels like s cucked boomer ND. Not to mention that there's no semblance of steering feel on either car.

I'm talking about the Abarth 124, which to my knowledge, no US dealership is getting until early in 2017. Yeah the regular 124 is boomer-proof, but I have high expectations for the Abarth, as it specifically addresses the 2 negatives you just mentioned. And suspension and exhaust can be changed if FCA lets me down. The 124 is fucking beautiful and the core platform/drivetrain is fantastic.

As far as steering feel, I have no idea what you are on about. The ND and regular 124 are both sharper than the 86 twins, and I have driven them all

I think I'm just not used to electric power steering, then. Hope the Abarth will be better.

>Hope the Abarth will be better.
Same. But I have high hopes. If the Abarth 124 is as much of an upgrade to the base 124 as the 500 Abarth is to a regular 500, then things will be fine

>VW GTI, 200hp quoted
>dyno's show anywhere between 180-200whp stock

>toyobaru claims 200hp
>it's literally less than a corolla :^)

How the hell do you know if the new supra is going to be a let down?

>FCA
>Expecting anything but vaporware & sticker packages

because it's the only car you can afford.

Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda, and Yamaha all make 0.6L engines that produce more hp to the wheels than that.

How the fuck is it even possible to make something so pathetically slow?

he's probably talking about an auto one. they made ~160whp in the last gen and more with this one

What about the 2017 subaru brz? Good starting platform for a beginner to grow with?

Why are you so obsessed with growing? If you mean a car that can be built up for performance, both are shit. If you mean a car for people who need to grow up, both are great.