Is it reliable enough to be both funcar and daily commuting box?

is it reliable enough to be both funcar and daily commuting box?

Nobody knows how reliable it is because it just came out.

why not?

It really depends on what do you need car to do, the RS is a better funcar than a daily car, there is one alternative, the Civic Type R, its better daily car but worse fun car

Transverse AWD system with a possible RWD bias, trick differentials, brake vectoring - there's certainly a lot of possible failure points, not to mention that Ford has never stressed the 2.3 that hard. We'll have to see.

Best Ford alternative to the RS would be the Fiesta ST with some Mountune/Cobb goodies imo. Leaves you some money for a more dedicated weekend car, instead of compromising both weekend and DD by buying the RS - which isn't cheap, and has limited availability, unlike the volume ST's.

Why not just get a FoST?

Lets see.

Everything they have built in the last 5 years is proving to have shit reliability. Especially anything with a turbo.

Do you think a compact car pushed to its limits out of the box built by them will be reliable?

>t. GM with no source

No seriously aside from laughably bad heat soak in warm climates please give me a source on a the ST twins being unreliable.

2nd to last on jd power 2016 dependability ratings

t. gm fangurl

>jd power

t. assmad ford fangirls

You don't need a source to know all focuses have shit transmissions.

>gm paint """quality"""
Rotflmao, stay btfo, cuck

Not that user, but this is what CR tells me about the Fiesta for starters.

>404: source still not found

If you think of it as the fun version of an econobox rather than the practical version of a sports car you won't be disappointed.

Now, now guys.

Let's all settle down and have a barbecue.

Here's a better visual

>fiesta ST
no...

listen GM kiddie, you're starting a war you're not gonna win. I'll give you five minutes to reconsider, and if you don't stop shitposting I'll have no choice but to show you the power of the blade. do you fucking understand me?

>transmission is only unreliable with the DCT
problem solved

Get the manual

Thanks for proving our point

>toolbox leaves hole in bed
Lmfao, stay btfo, cuck.
stay assmad.

that's the automatic ones you fag, which they already fixed
The manuals are pretty solid. The only people complaining about them are the highschool kiddies who cants drive, beating the absolute dog shit out of them

>slower than a washing machine

That's all Fiesta's, not just ST's. Fiesta's and Focus's are well known for having shit tier auto transmissions. Other quirks they have are AC heat blend actuators going bad and clicking, but that's about it.

If that chart was ST only it wouldn't have the trans issue.

I don't have a dog in this fight, just giving you some data. I don't even know if the Fiesta is the right model to look at (OP's pic looks like a Focus to me), but CR is pretty shitty about sorting out different models and trims when they're similar in their eyes.

Too bad your Shitverado is gonna go all aluminum next year.

>buttravaged gm fangirls leaking again

No it's not dipshit.

Don't buy the auto. Job done.

>taxi won't even defend the shitvette anymore
btfo

I'm afraid it is kiddo
admit it, GM is going to continue to follow Ford's footsteps since they're never creative.

This. The same thing happened with the 4 cylinder muscle car.

Gm is never innovative

Ford wins again. Gm btfo as usual

Yeah, why did Ford think it was okay to make a car out of aluminum and then not ship it with a bedliner. They'd still be in the black with regards to shedding weight, but it seems they want to save every last nickle in production.

you seem to forget that some people buy trucks and dont do truck things with them, and might not want a bed liner.

Im sure a factory "option" would be a nice compromise but it's a lot easier to just leave the responsibility to the customers.

If you buy a new truck and plan on doing truck stuff, would you leave the bed bare? I know I wouldnt, regardless if it's an aluminum bed or not

>you seem to forget that some people buy trucks and dont do truck things with them, and might not want a bed liner.
Meh, I was happier not realizing that was the case. Fair point anyway.

rockhard suspension and shitbox interior.

would not daily drive 2/10

But I thought people here love Honda's?

Probably, as long as you don't beat the shit out of it.

You could buy a whole fleet of aging shitbox hondas for the same money.

That's why people like Honda.

Bbq?

Matt Farah sold his after only a few months, says a lot.