How much should I be paying for an aw11 mr2 with no serious rust or mechanical issues, running and driving?

How much should I be paying for an aw11 mr2 with no serious rust or mechanical issues, running and driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5809487000.html
seattle.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=mr2&sort=rel&min_auto_year=1984&max_auto_year=1989
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends on the country, and mileage

Depends on many factors

I'd say around 2-3k fur one like that pic, no idea what they go for but that's what it should be.

tfw finding one in Australia is impossible.

are you me

Let's say USA, up to 150k miles
The one in pic is the best I've seen, too many people are trying to sell this shit for 5k+
The mr2 market seems to suck, should I just get a fiero?

You could just import one you buy from Japan for 500 bucks + import fees

In Canada there is serious rice tax, so a perfect one in great condition fetches around 5k-8k and will always hit the upper bracket if its Supercharged.

One like the picture that's got the receipts, passes thorough inspection, and you like, $4k-$5k isn't totally unreasonable, but odds are that car needs ~$2k in work over the next two years to keep running, meaning it's a $2k-$3k car at best.

But of course
>i know what i got

>The one in pic is the best I've seen, too many people are trying to sell this shit for 5k+

Expand your search, there are good ones for reasonable prices out there, and if you're handy trashed ones for dirt cheap. Be willing to spend a weekend traveling to get the car you want and it will be worth it.

I'd drive for half a day for this one if I was in the market, probably a safer bet than the one in the OP although it's probably sat and needs a full kit of rubber refreshing. Don't be fooled by shiny paint.
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5809487000.html

That one has a shit ton of miles on it...
My issue is that I don't have access to a trailer, and my current car is also manual, so finding someone to help me get the car is difficult. If I drive across the country to get the car, who brings back my other car? Only other option is an expensive plane ticket or spending 24+ hours on a bus. Which is why I've been looking in a ~250 mile radius so far.

>That one has a shit ton of miles on it...

Dude you want to buy a cheap 30 year old sports car, either pay extra for low miles or cheap out on one with high miles.

Flying out to save a thousand bucks on a ~$3k car is a huge gamble, but totally worth it if you're chasing a mint example of any car, for an AW11 that's in the $5k-$10k neighborhood.

250 mile radius seems reasonable to me as long as you have at least one major metro in that area, either stay patient or up your budget.

aw11s tend to be more expensive than latter generations.

Not true, SW20 is always more expensive than other gens, probably because the AW11 isn't as popular.

>tfw live in wealthy neighborhood in nc
>sw20s are 3k
>aw11s are 10k to 12k

I don't pretend to expect low miles on a 30 year old car, but there's so many options 100-150k that going above 200 seems silly when theres better mileage to be had

...really? 5 hundo?

64k USD is about what I'd pay. But if it had the special 4CELU engine I'd whore my mother for the extra cash. I'd sacrifice my children for a ass old toy. yep, I'm a real person.

>'m a real person.
Me too, love these old toyotas, they're all I can think about.

You can get a beat one for a $1600....

But they always have issues they never talk about. Wiring, secret rust, blown headgaskets, oil leaks out the head etc.

For a mint one? Expect to pay in the 4 - 7k range.

Honestly they're not worth it. That's MR2-S money, and they're superior cars. Girl cars, but superior in every way. Lighter, faster, more reliable.

I'm ok with repairs eventually but I'm a poor student right now so I'd like to find something that won't require a major repair for about a year, I can afford more when I graduate.
Should I just get a fiero?

feiros have the same issues with the people that drive them ill maintaining them if they sell at reasonable prices.

I'll probably just look for something in the 2-3k range and take it to a mechanic before I buy.
I expect lots of repairs eventually, I just want something that won't shit the bed right away so I have time to build up repair money.
Btw what're the main differences between fiero and mr2?

Yes really, they will not be expensive in Japan, browse some auctions and you see very nice are going for very cheap

Very nice cars*

>should I just get a fiero?
Yes

Why, they're just as old m8

Where to find these auctions? Only ones I see are always several thousand

I link ya one when I get home later

They're cheaper and can handle bigger engines

Feiro has bigger engine and better frame though wose wiring.

Wtf is this thread? AW11s are dirt cheap, like cheaper than miatas.

seattle.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=mr2&sort=rel&min_auto_year=1984&max_auto_year=1989