Christians how do you reconcile the fact that God made many proto human monkeys with consciousness?

Christians how do you reconcile the fact that God made many proto human monkeys with consciousness?
Some of which didn't even contribute to our dna

Other urls found in this thread:

biologos.org/blogs/archive/facing-reality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I post deep-retro political cartoons and cast vague aspersions.

One explanation I've heard is that the story of genesis is a metaphor for rising consciousness in hominids until "The Fall", where we understand good and evil. This explanation doesn't really explain why its humanity's fault though or why is considered an original sin. If anything it was God's plan.

>evolution
>scientists
>implying

>Christians
Christian fundamentalists and biblical literalists
FTFY

What's exactly the problem?

Nah senpai, Eden is a metaphor for humanity rejecting the simplicity of hunter-gatherer lifestyles for civilization, thereby abandoning the "garden" and trying to pave our own way.

See also: Cain (farmer) and Abel (shepherd)

Consciousness is not actually dependent on the human form, it is preternatural.

The Fall happened because of a conscious choice, not because of consciousness itself.

So what was the choice

>Consciousness is not actually dependent on the human form, it is preternatural.
This is a load of horseshit.

>only humans are conscious

you think?

it was something along the lines of, lets try to be more like God.

I fail to see what the apparent problem here is. Obviously, God saw that it was good. Proto-human monkeys have been, at times, important parts of their ecosystems. Equally obvious is the fact that some animals are smarter than others and consciousness arises from those faculties. God probably has some other plan for the consciousness of monkeys than ours, because he gave us his Logos in human language, not monkey language.

>So what was the choice
To act contrary to gods will.

>consciousness arises from those faculties

lol prove it

OP, Christians don't even believe that humanity has a common ancestor with other apes. This is because of a near autismal way of interpreting their holy text as exact and free of metaphor. A Christian is more likely to determine that hominid fossils are the work of the devil rather than evidence to evolution.

You do realize there's an entire Christian movement devoted to teaching evolution to people, right?
biologos.org/blogs/archive/facing-reality

IT'S JUST A METAPHOR, BRO

>implying Christians weren't responsible for some of humanity's most important discoveries
Understanding God's creation is not a sin

hi there my american friend

Now that I think about it, the Irish look just like the neanderthals

Dicks out 4 harambe

Consciousness is not limited to humans

God wanted to fuck around for a bit
Hard to make something in your image when you are by nature formless.
So he made men in the image he chose for himself and that took a while

why does sapiens have a fucking mullet?

>we wuz scientists n shiet

the choice was between trusting god when he said not to eat the fruit, or defying him and finding out why it was a bad idea

in a broader sense it could be seen as a choice between faith and knowledge

>the church wuz evul and oppress science Xdddd need mo' money fo' dem protestant/atheist programs

posting to counter creationcucks

cognitive dissonance

Get back in your cage, Ishmael

Is this a chick tract edit or is it a parody?

>bronze age shepherds had a deep understanding of evolution which they expressed in figurative language that just happened to involve god magically generating entire species in their modern forms

Parody that points out his mistakes

Pretty well made desu.

Hey Beardy, whatcha doin?

>trash bin on fire
>need flashlight to see

The goy knows!

I went to catholic school and was taught evolution. I was perplexed when I found out a lot of American christians reject it

I don't understand why scientists get held up on Genesis, as it's literally the most vague aspect of that entire book.

Lets just abandon and forget the engineering aspect it presents in relation to evil and the identification of the flesh and it's desires and the opposition it presents to the spirit. Lets just focus on the vaguest least descriptive parts of the book lol....it's so frustrating.

Man came from dust, to the dust he'll return. Man essentially does return to the earth when he dies, natures recycling process.

The book of Peter points, the earth was shaped by water...science just found out that water and glaciers can form the earth.

The book of Peter points out that the earth was shaped by water, but it will be destroyed by fire as the final judgement. Assuming Peter saw all this in a vision or was taught this, either way it's accurate to what we know now.

I mean we now know the sun will eventually expand as it burns out and scorch the entire surface of the earth, first destroying the atmosphere and burning all life on earth before officially exploding.

Was pointed out by these men of God that nothing on earth will last forever. Everything is destined to be judged and destroyed. This physical reality that is beneath the higher dimensions, it's all spoken of as if it's disposable. Maybe it's just in relation to the earth though..? Now some will take offense to this, that nothing is meant to last forever in relation to earth as far as we know, since they conveniently forget the types of evil this planet produces. The judgement, the fire, you could almost see it as a mercy move.

All the innocent that are born here, only to be corrupted? Enslaved and put in bondage by everything to their own thoughts and lusts, to even being enslaved and put into bondage by their fellow man through work force slavery. I mean the rat race is tortuous to some. Not fulfilling in the slightest. Christians are taught about this, some are confused why they don't have a place in a world though. Kill themselves over this confusion.

So from an objective perspective, this planet, very well could be a massive test.

How well would YOU manage to live a life, where you're exposed to all of what we know as good and evil? Scary test at times though...confusing at other times.

Forgive me if this is too pessimistic or hope inflicting. I just see how people are, how people are born, some will come out okay, some will relish in harming others. It never officially ends. It's always a balance...with the people everywhere on that balance.

>A massive test
Refined like gold in the fire

>Zechariah 13:9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.''

>1 Peter 1:7 These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

(Christ is love, so when the love is revealed- In a world that thrives on enslavement and oppression)

The fire is constantly referenced man, the fire...
>1 Corinthians 3:12-14; 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13 his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work. 14 If what he has built survives, he will receive a reward

So real fire? Testing fire? Or metaphor for refining friction and a burning of the vain(useless)? A friction that will be used to help shape and optimize our hearts....?

Also, to prevent people thinking that Christ is a king like men know kings, like a slave master or taskmaster; What is Christ? Read what he taught. Because you're essentially giving praise and glory to the whole concept of justified love and loving judgement. Praise to true fairness, what this world begs for at every corner. People are sick of being taken advantage of on various levels. So praising Christ is like praising the perfection we all long after. But check it out for yourself and study.

it's our fault that we succumb to our temptations that often go against god's will

>Christians

more like retarded americans

only some proddy denominations (though some accept it)