Alright so I have been thinking for a while to get myself Mazda RX8. Is it a stupid purchase?

Alright so I have been thinking for a while to get myself Mazda RX8. Is it a stupid purchase?
I live in germany and they are pretty cheap. Plan on doing house to work driving and some small weekends cruises.
Right now Im stuck between third series bmw and this. Any help is appriciated.

anybody?

in almost every respect you'd better off with an fd rx-7, so long as you update the cooling system and replace those vacuum lines/wires that bake on top of the engine

rx7 prices are more than double of rx8

Same here, rx-8's in my country are dirt cheap with low mileage and good overall condition. There must be a reason why they are so underpriced. Would it be a good purchase for a second car?

The rx-8s had a lot of problems just google search it, it is one of the worst rotary engines ever

Probably because they blast apex seals out the exhaust every 10k kilometers

Dont buy a three series, you'll look like an asshole especially in germany

Engine is special snowflake. If owner did not take care of it (which is the case 90% of the time) the engine would most likely blow up in your face

They only ever sold 450 fd rx7 in germany. Very rare and expensive car.

how come? never noticted that makes you an asshole

Those cars have issues around 40-50K miles.

from what i heard germany (poland too if you live close) have one of the best garages that specialize in wankels, so you might consider it

if it was properly maintained and if you will also take care of it then it will be reliable
just buy a model from a later years, like 2007 at least

Everyone and his dog drives 3er in germany

Go ahead and buy a dönercorvette then

Die sind so billig weil sie zuviel arbeit machen.

Keine Kurzstrecken.
Immer warmfahren.
Sogar im stand abkühlen soll man die.
Saufen schnell ab wenn etwas nicht beachtet wurde.
Die Dichtungen am Motor müssen ersetzt werden. -> Motoraufarbeitung.

stop speaking nazi

sarry mate.

Was just telling him about the common stuff one hears about the car.

Go and be a special snowflake. BMW is the most ordinary thing you can buy.
Replace the seals when you get it so that you dont have to worry.
Ask the owner what he has done to maintain it. If he can't figure out what to tell you - turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Honestly I would go for the BMW especially if your looking for a daily.

I think I will just go for Mazda and regret it in a month.

He would be facing the owner again if he did that

then buy a miata
it's safer and just as fun, it just doesn't rev as high

B-but they look like ass

Honestly, the RX8 is NOT a long term car. Rotary is ass. My mate has owned his for 6 months and it's already been in the shop 3 times (probably because he's a shit driver).

The BMW is the more reliable choice, but you won't look like a special snowflake.

Another car you might want to consider is the 350/70z (not sure on Germany pricing.)

But that aside, you'll regret the RX8

thats the joke

nonsense my man
NC isn't that bad looking either if you look for something newer

>just as fun
No

The engine typically needs a rebuild around the 50k mark. Which is why you'll notice these dirt cheap ones are going for 1-2.5k. They also require you to loo after them better than other engines. It's also a thirsty fucking thing. Not suitable for daily driving.

Is it possible for a normie to buy a set of seals and replace them by himself?

yes

Youre retarded nigger.

Yes
No

>No

Yes

Yes

Correct.

you could buy an rx8 and refresh the entire powerplant for the price of a barely working FD.

have you driven both?

if not then shut up loser

i did
stock third gen miata and pre facelift RX8
they are very similar, they even use the same platform

rx8 feels like it has a little bit lower center of weight due to wankel, and a bit more harsh suspension due to harder polyurethane stabilizers but these are interchangeable

Theres a reason why these cars are cheap. People don't look after them right.

Also
>you're

Thats why you buy from car clubs. You seek the autists.

I was actually in the same bind, except I ended up going with a five series.

I'd go with the BMW, just don't cuck yourself with a 325i.

why would i cuck myself with a 325i

Go for the Rx8 dude
You have to make 100% sure the owner cared about and for the car though, otherwise you'll buy a ticking time bomb.

They are good cars that will last you if you treat them right. Read the Rx8 club forums for info.

Engine rebuilds are necessary but are literally a fraction of the cost of standard piston engines. Don't be a retard and they'll last. Do the maintanence yourself, it's easy.

If you want to make absolutely sure you're safe, buy someone's Rx8 that they blew the engine and the rest of the car is clean. You can probably get one sub $750 usd, and then buy a fresh motor from mazda or a private seller for $3000. Install it yourself and take care of it from there, literally bulletproof.

If you're a PUSSY, don't get the car. It's not for you.

Oh, and I don't speak kraut dollaridoos so convert as you wish, nazi

ok ok just checking

so it must be pretty good considering how much more weight it has

desu i would buy one if i wasn't worried about engine problems simply because they're so cheap

confirmed shitskin

whaaaat

The RX-8 isn't too bad, if you just treat it properly and get it from someone who also treated properly.

I got one last June, and haven't had an issue with it. I can't treat like but I treated my shitbox, but it doesn't require much effort to care fore and it's really fun to drive.

Avoid 2004/2005 though, those are the ones that give it the bad name.

Even when the RX8 works, it gets shitty shitty shitty MPG to the extent of making it an impractical daily driver. We're talking 16mpg out of a 1.3.

Not sure if newfag or b8

the underpriced cause the engine is trash and no one maintains them. swap it with a rx7 engine because at least that ll run more than 30k mi.

You could also buy an RX8 and single turbo 13b-rew swap it for less than an FD.

>1.3
Its more like a 3.9

Live, thread, live

>always driving warm
Isn't that a plus though? In a colder country you rarely have to use the heater

RX8 starting here for 1700€
some ok looking are arround 4000€
350 starting at 11000€
350z at 7000€
370z at 16000€
200sx at 3000€
316i at 100€
1€=1,11662 US-Dollar

get a 316i if you want a cheap rwd dd

I drive a RX-8 with the small 192hp engine and it's a cool car. It's exotic so people tend to think more of than it is. My buddy got the 2011 Subaru BRZ and although the rx8 isn't just as fast it does put up a fight. The engine isn't as bad as people say. My Rx8 has done 80k km without problem.