Am I a ricer?

I drive a 1997 Honda Civic DX that I swapped with a VTEC motor. It is turbocharged, bright green FMIC and red Konig wheels. Has a couple stickers on the rear window (came with the parts) and has a giant eBay fart can on it. Also an eBay grill. Am I considered a ricer even though I have a real performance oriented car?

Other urls found in this thread:

carparts.com/details/Honda/CRX/Replacement/Muffler/1991/REPH961106.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjwg8i_BRCT9dHt5ZSGi90BEiQAItdjpL0MRxAqIjVOgomp073BKGYbTskWrh6jd9hz3-YpzbMaAq5k8P8HAQ
speedhunters.com/2013/02/kanjo-tribe-osaka-night-fighters/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Real performance oriented car
>Civic
Wew lad had me going there

also have mad tyte jdm hood spacers on the rear of the hood.. my wastegate wouldn't clear without those + beating the hood with a hammer for a bit

give a guy a break if you drove it i swear you'd enjoy it, ~220hp in this car feels like a rocket ship

>Am I a ricer?

What do you think?

Do you care what some dickheads on the internet think?

You shouldn't.

Ricer is a mentality mostly.
You should probably get rid of your shitty exhaust though.

>honda culture

>Honda Culture

How did you get your mother to let you do that to her car?

> I have a real performance oriented car?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

good car with terrible taste

>red and green

nigga it isnt christmas yet

>ebay

I remember my Honda days (the whole 3 weeks)
It was an '89 Civic DX
2JZE swap (still FF)
Wastegate attached to electronic motor, otherwise quiet exhaust
Clearwater peeling
13" Steelies
5spd
No ps, no ABS, no ac

>ricer pulls up on me in his flashy Civic
>revving the shit out of his car
>annoying fart cannon
>I rev my much quieter exhaust
>light turns green, he launches terribly, I let off throttle
>I do my true launch 5 car lengths behind him
>flip wastegate toggle right next to him
>open headers
>he vanishes in my rearview
>pull in to gas station
>he pulls in a couple minutes later
And that's how I sold a shitty civic for $6k (bought it for $1800)
Someone wasted a civic and a good engine, I made the profit off the stupidity.

>he didn't have 2 alternators in his Honda days

Nigga I got all the boost, ya wasted potential

>2JZE

ef owner here. there's no way this would fit between the shock towers transversely. and the transmission....

>kill yourself

>fwd
>performance
LOL

Your car will be labed ricey because of its dis-tasteful colors.

green and red looks mexican as fuck.

Now if you have silver/gunmetal/black wheels with a quiet exhaust system then it could be seen as a nice mature "tuner" car.

Ditch the wheels and no.
>2jz in a honda

>green and red looks mexican as fuck.
>Now if you have silver/gunmetal/black wheels with a quiet exhaust system then it could be seen as a nice mature "tuner" car.

You'd be surprised how quiet it is actually. Turbocharging a car really quiets it down, sounds almost stock.

sure, its rice.

Is it on coils? Lower it, and fix that offset.
a front lip will make it look a lot better.
Also a proper exhaust, with a deep rumble. You want to remove that honda whine.
remove all stickers
What kind of tarbo?
Show pics

where in Illinois are you?

Mostly ebay junk, im in peoria. Don't really want it any lower than stock, I'm happy with the height it is at. Was actually thinking about grabbing a front lip. The exhaust really doesn't sound bad, usually when you see a honda with a fart can it's NA but when they are turbo they sound halfway decent (imo) ditched my cat too.

d16y8
t3/t4 chinacharger
xtd "stage 4" clutch
arp head studs
dsm 450cc injectors
walbro 255
turboxs mbc

clean your camera lens, or replace that fogged up cover

didn't pick the wheels, i had 14" steelies and i found these on cl for $200 with good tires, mine were shot.

>d16y8
>t3/t4 chinacharger
AHHAHAHAH

HAHAHAH

A TURBO CHARGED D SERIES ENGIEN!!?!?!?!?!?
AHAHAHHAAHHA

HAHAHHAHHAHAAH

enjoy your blow engine in 20k
D series are SHIT for boost, they cannot handle it.

>transversely
It wasn't.
Pic semi related. They used two small honda radiators and the harmonic balancer rested literally an inch away from the bumper.
This was in '07 so no pics.
There was no interior and the heat from the engine would get the cab hot real quick.

Hurrdurr

Yeah, you're a filthy ricer.

Might as well wear that badge with pride, m8. Go chop some Toyobarus up at the lights.

What transmission did you use?

You had a longitudinal mounted 2JZ engine in an 4th gen Civic?
What transmission?
How?

Vtec motor.. which one senpai??

Now that's just silly

it's a d-series so guessing d16y8

Fuck if I know. I didn't do the swap. I bought it off some Good Ole Boy in Methville Trailerparks. It took me a week (and doing brakes) to realize it wasn't RWD.

I call bullshit on that 100%

I can see somehow getting it in transverse, but not longitudinal and keeping it FF. The entire engine would need to be 100% in front of the K member.

Unless you have engine bay pics, or build pics, you're full of shit, and didnt know what you even had

Hook line and sinker

Yup, d16y8 sohc

Veeky Forums I need your help
bought this and this muffler is annoyingly loud, what should I replace it with?

Frosty? That pic looks like Frosty took it.

a trans am

Not the car, just the muffler

cherry bombs

Your phrasing just made it so easy

Just get a stock one, or a nice/cheap/aftermarket one thats a similar size to your exhaust pipe. If you put a muffler that's three times the rest of the exhaust and is designed to handle way more flow than you're putting through it it's gonna sound like shit

Hows this one look? No experience with buying mufflers

carparts.com/details/Honda/CRX/Replacement/Muffler/1991/REPH961106.html?TID=gglpla&origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KEQjwg8i_BRCT9dHt5ZSGi90BEiQAItdjpL0MRxAqIjVOgomp073BKGYbTskWrh6jd9hz3-YpzbMaAq5k8P8HAQ

Yes you are. Because you've based your car styling and modification on no traditional styling. Also you have the typical AEM ricer plate frame and spray painted your IC green.

>not going for Kanjo/Osaka style

speedhunters.com/2013/02/kanjo-tribe-osaka-night-fighters/

I thought i saw it all until you see a middle age fat man in a rusty civic using donuts for his fount wheels, all while driving aggressively.
At some point instead of laughing at someone you legitimately feel bed for them.

just fucking google crx performance exhaust and buy the least rice thing. Its not that difficult