Any successful App developers here, what do I do next?

Hey anons

I have a great app idea, not too sure on how to go about actually making the idea come to life. Would appreciate some details on how you went from concept to store approved apps!

Also a dev opportunity if anyone is interested!

The process of app development is largely dependent on what you want to make.

I'm an app developer but for a midsized company so I don't mess around with playstores. But I've heard if you're after quick money some devs make decent money just copying several existing apps. One example could be utility apps with maybe sightly different UI or features, and then if anything actually starts selling go back to add more features to it.

If you're an entrepreneurial type with "the next Instagram/Snapchat/Uber/etc." idea and you want to make a legit business out of, things will be more complex. Most big cities have events known as "hackathons" you might want to look into where many developers go who often share the entrepreneurial spirit.
You will need to find people who understand things like scalability. You will need to gain significant business acumen to eventually seek VC funding, marketing knowledge, and management skills. It's very unlikely, but not at all impossible your idea will get big enough to be bought out or become a hit. But you should definately know when to cut your losses.

Do I have to pay taxes on the money that I make with my apps? How much? I'm American.

ur all idiots

Greetings idea guy, let's get to it. Project description and budget pls

I am interested.
> C/C++
> Python
> All the /wdg/ web dev shit (ie Javascript etc.)

I know Java too, but prefer not to use it if I can.

Bro. Android apps are developed almost exclusively in Java.

I know, but iOS is Objective C and Swift.
Also there is "wrappers" for the C++ stuff and there is methods of using C++ for the Android apps.

You can make apps using python too... not that is good, but it is possible.

What more can you tell us about The process?
People have the assumption that an idea is conceived then built and deployed , with associated costs in development and as you said marketing .
But what else is there to know ?

Op here , this isn't my first rodeo .
I wouldn't divulge the idea on a public message board without the appropriate nda.

To be quite honest , I don't see this being the next big thing. I see it as an investment that potentially would make far more than its cumulative cost ( with pajeets) but not much more. Apart from being a handy tool.

It's not a dependency ether, I run a few small businesses so not to stressed if it went bust. But would like to see my vision come to life .

My budget would be anywhere from a couple of k to 10K. Clearly wouldn't be a problem as poo in the loo development comes fairly cheap these days .

Anyone?

Reportable income ...
So standard tax structure

How much would that be? How do I pay the tax? Can I avoid paying it?

You're an idiot.

1st, you probably want the app owned by an LLC that you "own".

2nd, it's income. Personal income. If you want to make any reasonable amount of money long term, pay the goddamn tax.

If you really have no idea how to accurately fill out the free tax return questionnaire online to include your income from the app, I'm sure your mom (the woman who owns the house atop the basement you dwell in), or her accountant can help answer questions.

>any successful
Should have stopped there and accepted your resounding 'no'

What's an LLC? I looked it up and I think that you're telling me to start a company which seems very complicated. Can't I just make some apps then have the money transferred to my bank account then pay the taxes and just be free? How much tax would I have to pay?

Drop a mail to [email protected] with project discription. Finished my last app 2months ago. 5bucks program made me 3digit profit so far

Of course. Unless it's practically nothing.

Want to say something about scalability?
Does this just apply to information storing / databases? What is it?

You can use freelanceer or upwork to hire people.

I would also potentially work on it, for a price. I'm fluent in java and android.

app developer
> I took intro to c++
> what's an easy way I can (hopefully) make money
> bcos I have no other marketable skills

I'm not the same guy but whats your email? I can actually bring substance to the partnership because I own a business so I know how to market, pitch to investors, create revenue streams, handle accounting, business relations (with investors and employees mostly), and I know how scale a business up. All that being said, the one thing I have trouble doing is finding a technical co founder, the last one I had ran out on me, before we even got started, so I scraped the idea and business plan and started fresh, 2 years of market research and I've finally landed on a couple of ideas that would actually be worth our time and effort. If you have email (or any other way I could contact you), and you're interested, please let me know.
That goes for anyone else who is interested.

>I know how to market, pitch to investors, create revenue streams, handle accounting, business relations

user, if only you knew the amount of times I've heard this..

>business is complicated
Who would have thought... It's almost like people study this shit for years and do it for a living.

>start a company
Yes, do it.
>You can write off all sorts of shit as work related expenses
>you are not personally responsible if the company gets sued, in debt or bankrupt. So your personal wealth is protected
>easier to get investors, sell shares or even the entire company
>more credibility

If you want to go full start-up mode, go with a C corp instead. Investors prefer it.

Suprisingly less roleplay than expected , to the user that listed the email. I should warn you that this isn't the sort of 5 dollar App that is easy or simple to make, if you are still interested repost and I'll et back to you .

I came across another app thread that mentioned fiverr, so I am thinking for functionality , outsource and Ux can be done in house / locally .

And to mr business is complicated , it really isn't look at business as a container that holds all of your legitimate transactions and essentially trickles down to pay the bills. If you don't know, learn or pay someone to do the job far more efficiently . Book keeping for example ...

I raised 100k and had an app made because I thought it was a really good idea. Turned out be the biggest mistake of my life, do not crowd source your money OP

Can you tell us more about your app and experience?

Sure man, pretty much it was a job seeking app and I was just really inexperienced and had no idea what u had gotten myself into.

Got taken advtantage by a fair few people due to being inexperienced. Don't go in guns blazing in my advice and if you get a co founder make sure he isn't a midget and has something to prove

I've heard more apps start out as C-corps to make it easier to raise capital by selling stock.

Yeah I'm still up for it. Actually i would be surprised if the project at hand would turn out to be too difficult to handle given my experience. Hit me up and let's talk biz.

If you are searching for a tech bro, you found him. As a matter of fact I started as IT guy and then founded my own company. Sold the 5bucks app I've been talking about for example over my company. So i know my way around biz and tech. Hit me up user. Same mail adresse

Android studio more or less handholds a competent dev in creating an app. If is any good then he can get by on his logic and some basic framework knowledge which he can google.

I don't care how many times you've heard it, you're probably a neet too so what do you know?

I'll send off the email soon, but I'd love to know as would we all, which app you created.

Is like her to play with my hotdog

Sorry user. I don't think she is into retards who can't for a sentence.

How do you get ads in your app?

If I make a calculator app and want ad strips across the bottom of the screen, to make a little money off it. How do I do that?

you probably wont make enough money to cover the entrance fee you made to get a google developer account.

why would people download your calculator app, when there's a stock one? what's your marketing plan?

admob is the most common network developers use to put ads on their creations.

i've read what a lot of amateurs do is they buy/download the source code of popular games/apps (there are marketplaces for this), change the assets around (for example change the color from brown to red) and republish it to the play store with their own unique title and icon.

like most things online online, it's best practice to upload several apps because one could be a flop and one could go viral.

>If I make a calculator app and want ad strips across the bottom of the screen, to make a little money off it. How do I do that?
first step: you kill yourself

Just used calculator for the sake of example, admob is a good point of reference though cheers for that

calculator app could be one of the worst examples. but the app industry is still growing i'm sure you'll figure it out. making apps is not hard if you're technologically minded. do some r esearch there are forums dedicated to specifically to app developers and monitization/marketing strategies.
anyway good luck im sure you're gonna reach those goals you made.

Didn't hear back from email user, offer is still open.
The source code stores seem pretty stocked with shot though. Some of it would be gold.

Don't you worry. Email user will answer as soon as he gets access to a pc

Dont feel like making a new thread, so on a different note, I have the inverse problem of OP's. I have dev skills (published 3 apps and working on a 4th) but I have absolutely no ideas. Anyone have suggestions for how to get ideas?

That looks delicious! And she has a burger also.

Lol. Like 30% until u learn tax and investment laws.

Buy a book on business tax reducing and read it so u can be smart enough to talk to a cpa. It sucks horsecock but its part of it

Cocksucking faggot...

Try harder

Fyi "how do i avoit it?" Is felony tax evasion.

"How do fit this into my tax plan?" Is okay . U really need a fucking book on the basics of business taxes and asset projection if u gonna be runing businesses bro. Or some pajeet gonna own your app

U can. But then u are personally reliable when shit turns south. And taxes will throat fuck u.

This is the entire reason to have an llc at all

Can you recommend some books?
What exactly can go wrong? It's just an app. Do I need money to start an LLC? What's the procedure for starting one?

You find a way to contact OP clearly...
OP here

>You will need to gain significant business acumen to eventually seek VC funding
what does this process usually look like?

curious because i think within the next 10 years or so i am going to start wanting to think about meeting with vc's for funding.

grad school is pretty much assumed at that level right?

Assured..
It is only assured with a premium idea, and planned of action.. which to them seems foolproof

>i've read what a lot of amateurs do is they buy/download the source code of popular games/apps (there are marketplaces for this), change the assets around (for example change the color from brown to red) and republish it to the play store with their own unique title and icon.

this is known as re-skinning. it's worth a google. you can get uwork people to design the new graphic elements and if you have the most basic knowledge you can just update the code, or get someone to do it.

i don't think it's as profitable as it once was, but you find it worthwhile as an intro.

get some numbers from the ad networks and work out b/e and decide if it might work. do a couple anyway as a learning experience. it'll cost upto $500 all in and you'll have the app-store account ready for the next time.