Is a 5.5 hour drive too long to go alone? What's the longest you've driven alone (truckers excluded)

Is a 5.5 hour drive too long to go alone? What's the longest you've driven alone (truckers excluded)

>5.5 hours

What are you a pleb? I drove 7 hours straight alone when I was 16 with only weeks after getting my licensee. Just watch for cops and always indicate. Get plenty of rest beforehand too.

~24hrs many times, about 34hrs with the doge and another car following behind me. I'm not a trucker.

I've pulled an almost 12 hour stint to go pick up a car out of state.

I regularly do 3-4hr runs every other month or so on a bike.

about 12 hours a month after getting my licence, i drive a 8 hour every 2 months or so to home home from school

Drove 9 hours to Marfa, Tx, 6 hours to Oklahoma, drove/rode a number of hours which i lost count of from Dallas to flagstaff to vegas. 5.5 hours is nothing unless you're like 16 i suppose.

alone about 3 hours
with friends ? (was the only one driving ) about 8 hours

>What are you a pleb? I drove 7 hours straight alone when I was 16 with only weeks after getting my licensee. Just watch for cops and always indicate. Get plenty of rest beforehand too.

Are you me? I drove from Atlanta to South Florida 8 hours with no stops.

I forgot to eat that morning and nodded off at the wheel to the point I came off the road and almost hit the center divider.

I drove from SF to NY in 5 days on 50/70 averaging about 10-12 hours a day, also ran over 10 miles on each day of the drive, wasn't too bad

Five and a half is fucking nothing. Just load up on some podcasts/music/stimulants and you won't even be bored.

>5days
Weak. I've always wanted to do that drive but I would probably kill somebody doing it straight through. Maybe a 3hr nap getting into Colorado.

just stop every two hours to stretch your legs and you can easily do twice that duration

I drove from southern Indiana to St. Augustine, Florida
I didn't have a radio, I didn't have anybody else, I had the determination to get there so I could finally see it and then kill myself.

Well about halfway through Atlanta I remembered I had something to live for and got a motel down in florida and walked along the beach.
Drove back home and went into work with only having slept before the drive back.

You gotta be devoted to the road user, watch out for the cops and don't do the speed limit.

Drove for 12 hours from Portland to Grants Pass taking the scenic route, and doubling back to and from Corvallis. Was an all day thing, took all the twisties, pulled over at the beach a few times, etc.

14 hours single sting from Chicago to DC with only stops for gas

Drive 4+ hours regularly from Chicago to Greenbay

Shit is easy. Just got back from Madison last night, 3 hour drive, fuckton of construction.

oh, and I did half of my driving in a drift missile, zero comfort.

>driven
I have driven at most about 7 hours in a day, but most I have operated a vehicle was the day after a music festival (bad idea to ride) I rode from burlingame to the east bay and then from there to oregon. A total of like 13 hours while being super hung over, sleep deprived and hot was kind of shit.

I used to solo a 600-700mi drive (each way) every four day weekend for a couple years. I kind of enjoyed it.

What's so special about St. Augustine? Why not go to the keys or something?

why

OP here, 5.5 seems reasonable to me but a lot of people are telling me not to do it since I have the option of having a flight paid for

If its a free flight then take it.

I did that monthly or more when I was in college to visit home. It's boring but not terrible. I did 2000 miles in 2 days once in a full sized uhaul towing a car. That Fucking sucked. I don't know how truckers do it.

It's going to take longer to go through security and wait around than just driving.

5.5 isn't shit. It's faster than dealing with the airport even for a short flight. Plus you have a car when you get there.

That's like when I make my 22-24hr drive. I could fly, it ends up being a little bit more than gas if I get a cheap flight. But then I waste half the day having somebody drive me to the airport, security, delayed flights, 3hrs in the air, then relying on somebody to pick me up. And then I don't have a car unless I pay a bunch for the rental.

I also enjoy just driving 1500mi by myself. The last couple hours are the only parts that I start to get annoyed because I'm either dealing with Chicago traffic or South Florida traffic.

Family vacations from the past, nostalgia.
Before my parents divorced, money got tight, and my grandma passed.

like 7 hours one way in the morning, worked a 5-6 hour job, and drove back about 6 hours same day

couple gas stops, couple bio breaks. no big deal. it's like a gaming run

The most I've made straight was 16 hours solo, you're a fucking retard if you can't make 5.5 hours.

Was living somewhere I hated for work, so I'd drive home every chance I got.

Midwest straight roads don't count

Oh, when you said "so I could finally see it" I thought you meant like you'd never been and it was on your bucket list.

8 hours from orlando to key west. no stops. florida is a big state so many people routinely make long drives. many peers of mine at fsu who live in south florida drive 8 hours from tallahasse to where they live just to go home for the holidays

I do 8.5 a few times a year. From Cincinnati to New Jersey. Load up on some road snacks, a good podcast or two and enjoy.

The drive is especially cozy in the winter when I wear a sweater and keep the car at a nice warm temperature while I drive through the snow fallen land that is Pennsylvania

Hey, you okay?

Sounds comfy desu

It is.
I usually stock up on tasty treats before hand (sodas and snacks), put on a good book and just cruise.

Extra points if its freezing outside and there's snow all around.

>Extra points if its freezing outside and there's snow all around.

what if you have shitty tires, lose traction for some reason and ded

I cant particularly explain it but i know exactly what you mean, the 2AM stops for gas in deserted areas in unfamiliar states, snow all around and freezing outside wkth either a slight breeze or no wind at all. Driving on those backroads with the night calm with only the occassional trucker, it would make ciggarettes that much more enjoyable when id take a break and go outside and its freezing cold, but youd only like that if thats your thing i guess.

I did about 10 hours once. The last few hours were tough, but it was pretty peaceful and pleasant otherwise.

17 hrs after a 9 hr work day, nonstop when I take leave

Driving along for more than 3 hours fucking blows... if you can get a free flight do it

18 hours on my way to Colorado, learned some cool thing on my journey here...

Just pull off the highway every 5 hours and find a hooker to give you handy, makes long trips bearable.

Drove back and forth between TX and MI many times. Just gotta make sure you're fully awake for the duration. If not, PULL OVER TO A REST AREA. But you should be fine with your short trip.

13 hours in a lifted Wrangler pulling a pop-up camper. I was driving in the middle of a dreary, gray storm that drizzled rain for about 8 hours straight. Wanted to chew on the end of a gun barrel by the end of it.

>chew on the end of a gun barrel

That doesnt even make sense, why not just say i wanted to shoot myself.

I get the implication but what does chewing it have anything to do with what you're trying to convey.

dude im so fucking gay

That doesnt even make sense, why not just say i wanted to slob on a knob

4500 miles, Indiana to Tijuana and back.

Was only 20 at the time.

Lost virginity to Chinese hooker.

It's just a common saying where I'm from, been hearing it for years.

34 hour drive from the East Coast to about Yellowstone. I've done it... 5 times back and forth now.

You are a truly weak person if you cannot do 5.5 hours in a stretch. Admittedly, I did take a sleep break for my drives.

17hr on a motorbaiku

Nigger you best be joking. 5.5hr is nothing. I've done 8hr alone (just never needed to drive farther) and 26hr straight with a couple of friends taking shifts.

Are you fucking retarded?
Why am I asking? Of course you are.

Just take one pitstop at the half way point to stretch your legs and grab a meal

when i moved from FL to the northern reaches of MN i drove 22hours solid, not counting rest stops and food. I did this alone with a sub compact carrying everything i owned in the hatch full to the windows, stuff in the passenger seat, back suspension mostly riding on the bump-stops.

once I made it over the mountains it was pretty nice, think i averaged 33mpg which is about 6 higher than the car was rated for, 30 years ago thanks to a 9* spark advance and higher grade fuel.

Ive considered getting a CDL as i don't mind driving, and it would pay better than my current occupation does.

>truckers excluded

Fuck you too then

>Is a 5.5 hour drive too long to go alone?
how wet is your vagina right now?

A 6h drive is part of driving school where I live.

7 hours routinely from home to college. I do it every few months or so. Lots of desert here in the southwest, and most of the radio channels along the route are all in Spanish.

I'm driving 8 hours home on Thursday, so no.

fucking lol. I've done an 1100 mile drive alone in one day (Wichita Falls, TX to Las Vegas, NV) and a 1700 mile drive in two days (Decatur, IL to Las Vegas) both many times. And that's in my shitty lifted 4cyl tacoma with no cruise control.

Fucking dipshits. 5.5 hours lol
Is this bait?
Drove from Vancouver BC to whitehorse yukon, in the winter which is about 30+ hours
Only stopped to sleep for long enough to doze off before the vehicle got too cold.

Spent a day in whitehorse then drove all the way to inuvik which is basically another 30 hours.

It was a while ago so my times might be off. But i've spent literal weeks on the road stopping jusy for sleep.

Longest ive went without stopping was 36 hours, though (excluding fuel/coffee and food

I drove 7- 12 hours a day when I was 17, NJ to San Diego for college

15 hours stopping only for pee breaks. I use Adderall and drink tons of water so I have to pee every couple of hours.

Could've went even further if I had to. And my car is a Ford Escape with bad seats.

I drove from Maryland to Florida non-stop all by my lonesome in a 1988 Prelude. 12 or 13 hours I think it was. Wasn't too bad since the seats in that car were really comfortable.

Also me & my brother drove from Maryland to New Mexico in his '94 Celica. 29 hours non stop. That wasn't so much fun.

Drove from NV to MI a few times, used Turkish amphetamines to say up and pissed in a 1 gallon jug

Did a road trip by myself across the USA. Almost 5000 miles.
I just slept in my vehicle when I got tired. I would take 2 hour afternoon naps in parking lots.

7.5 hours for a job interview then 7.5 hours back when it was over.

The comfiest driving I've ever done was through the Nevada desert at 2 am listening to Coast to Coast.

Also remember when you're going to go on a long trip, change your oil before going. And if the trip is long enough, after as well.

It may seem crazy to change your oil twice in a 1 week period but if in that week you've driven 3k+ miles it's a good idea

Non stop 14 hour drive from northern Utah to El Paso Texas.
Stayed for 6 hours then returned. My ass was sore for sure.

I want to drive on that road NOW...

Most of the roads look like that in the bay area. Just move to a state that isn't shit.

I once drove for about 15 hours in one day

No, that's barely over a fifth of a day. It might get bad if there's a traffic jam though.

Pss i drove from france all the way to brazil crossing the Artic bridge in my twingo non stop

Around 40 hours on twisty balkan roads.