Is the difference between manual and automatic transmission purely aesthetic?

Is the difference between manual and automatic transmission purely aesthetic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m0O0Ta8tzXs&ab_channel=CorteMotor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Auto(dct,cvt,slushbox,etc) is good for when you drive in traffic
Manual is good for Sunday drives and track if you just care about fun. I guess they can be OK if you go on highways with no traffic.
To make it simple Europeans are retards and Americans are smart.

>pushing the clutch all the way down to the floor
Yup, that's a girl driving.

Some clutches have a quick catch

Is the difference between OP and a retard purely non-existent?

My clutch in my fsvt required it to be on the floor to dis-engage.

>pushing clutch to the floor
what's wrong with that?

>being this ignorant

Clutches vary greatly.

>Needlessly slipping the clutch
Sup, that's a shitpost.

Just started driving manual today?

This is almost as bad as the guy who complained that she didn't take her hand off the knob between 1st and 2nd gear.

4chans hatred of women has gotten a lot worse over the years and it was never very good to begin with.

>>>
>Anonymous 10/03/16(Mon)18:01:37 No.15936925▶
> >pushing the clutch all the way down to the floor
> Yup, that's a girl driving.
Yup that's a retard posting.

Manual forces you to do heel and toe on the race track to be fast. Heel and toe requires skill and concentration to do perfectly for over a period of time. This is another good thing to have in racing for determining who is the better driver.

Literally who are you quoting?

>smoking the clutch is always a good idea

Does Veeky Forums really not know how to drive stick? With few exceptions, once the clutch is disengaged, it's disengaged. It doesn't matter if you're 1cm or 5in past the point, it only gets so disengaged, it can't get disengageder. There's zero risk of slipping or burning or grinding or whatever as long as that plate is out of the way.

Does it matter that much? My grandfather used to depress the clutch pedal all the way to the floor and shift like a granny. Still got to his destination in the end.

He copied a little too much.

And some cars have different biting points.
No point in not fully pressing the clutch.
It's also no point in grinding the synchro just to prove how "cool" you are for not pressing the clutch down fully.

Not every clutch has the same bite point.

hahaha! What fkin loosers this board has... btw look at these absolute retards push the clutch all the way in to shift! what fools!

youtube.com/watch?v=m0O0Ta8tzXs&ab_channel=CorteMotor

And none of them are on the floor.

Veeky Forums never fails to be a giant clusterfuck as soon as it comes to basic car operation and/or physics.

>Is the difference between manual and automatic transmission purely aesthetic?

No, but that's one difference. Automatic shift knobs alone just look fucking ugly and cheap.