Other urls found in this thread:

revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-missile-airflow-pants#overview_tab
revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-core-airflow-jacket#size_chart_tab
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MODS ARE ASLEEP POST BIKES

Wait...

Shit.

Reminder motovlogging is difficult

One problem with that m8y. I only attract 4/10s or under. Now, unlike my brother I don't want to fuck them either.

post memes

Brother?

Yah rekt em.
He forgot to put his other leg down thanks to levis.
I went from neck beard to decent. I literally have nothing going in life and I still meet new people.

I'm a second-year rider on an R3, started out on a Ninja 250. For any anons unfamiliar with the inside-baseball, the Ninja 250 is ranked somewhere in the 3-5 range of best bike, while the R3 and GS500 duke it out over the 1 and 2 slots.

I was always impressed by the performance of the Ninja 250, but it just isn't in the same league as my R3. The drop-off in engine performance when you leave the 250cc class is pretty steep, and it must be even steeper when you look at sub-250cc bikes. I mean this in the least arrogant way possible.

The consensus on /dbt/ is that most of the value-added comes from the additional low-end torque. I can't speak to the quality of other bikes, but the dominance of the R3 self-perpetuates pretty easily. Knowing that I'm riding the best performing bike for its class is a comforting thought.

v

Why would you go from a 250 to an r3? Are you some kind of bitchboi

Man its the freedom the bike gives you on the road. Its like being in your own world dodging the other drones and witnessing the past lifes pass you by.

is that hawaii

>TFW hot girl waved at me today
>became hasbike yesterday

How do I handle this?

Yup Hawaii, Maui.

>R3 and GS500 duke it out over the 1 and 2 slots.
DEFINITELY bait. gs500 has a seperate fuel line for the reserve port outta the petcock LOL.. ooomg. AND ITS VACUUM FED holy shit its such a laughable bike. oh wait 2 CYLINDERS

wasted trips
i mean this in the least arrogant way possible

Kys

no way, man. love pics from there, use some as backgrounds. is it as nice as it seems? i think i've seen a pic of your bike on /r/motorcycles? i dig it

>i think i've seen a pic of your bike on /r/motorcycles?
FUCK OFF YOU ARE THE CANCER KILLING THIS BOARD

Ik bro. There's a reason why I started riding in January 30 days after I put it up in december. I've put just over 7000 miles on it since. I'm going to try desperately to hit 10000 this year since I missed it by a month last year. I fucking love it.

lol

I have never posted my bike on there and thanks its quite a beautiful place. Its pretty nice but very expensive in most regards.
Haha nice man. I didnt put much miles on since I was mostly only able to ride weekends. put on almost two thousand remind you this is an island.

so it turns out sprocket kits are a waste of money

buying the exact same parts separately is $20 less and shipping is still free. It pays to double check.

JT sprockets more like jew sprockets

>tfw hit 6000 miles
>time for first actual oil change
>tires are down to wear bars
>IRC Road Winners
>were fine for a while
>strips gone after about 3000
>start to learn how to throw shit around
>start regularly sliding out the rear on city streets
>lose the back a few times when FUJIWARA ACTIVATE

inb4
>lel hunda fajet
If you can't burn a tire on a 300, you're not trying hard enough.

Nice! Gives me a little hope that I'll get better at riding quickly enough

But I cant burn muh kendas :c

also with the amazon credit card everything came out to $50 instead of $130ish

i feel like a fucking baller right now

The key with me was to ride every damn day. All different types of riding too. Go on the highway, hug the tank and pin it. You'll only do 90 because lol 300. Then get off downtown and mob around. Find some bumpy ass road and dodge some potholes. Find a nice twisty with a switchback and an S curve and have some fun. Just always ride to what you feel like is about 80% of your ability. Enough to push yourself, but not enough to be taking stupid risks.

Some of the most fun I've had on my bike was in a parking lot, actually. This is my favorite parking lot. I like to play little games with it, like try to go around every corner and stay in 2nd gear. It's a ton of fun when you go there in the middle of the night and just fuck around.

Knowing how to tip the bike at low speed is actually really valuable. So you see all these guys talking about MUH DANK LEANS doing 120 on a public highway, but that's really only a small part of being a good rider. Also, really learn how to fuck with your clutch. It's so useful.

Also, realize that a lot of steering through a corner is done with the throttle. More torque = corner harder. Less torque or rear brake = stand the bike up a little and corner less.

You can shoot dirt at people though.

You should have like a reserve pouch of dirt in your undertail. If someone's being a fag, just get in front of them and release the pocket sand with a trigger switch on your handlebar.

its okay I can just toot at them angrily and continue riding.

>cute Asian gf
>tell her I want bike
>gets mad
>find out she gets mad cuz she's jealous
>she gets bike too

Is this good? She's uncoordinated and unaware as shit, I think she's going to get hurt. Why would you want your loved one to ride a motorcycle?

doesn't matter what you think, let her make her own decisions

Wow thanks so much for the response!
I'm hoping I'll get gud soon, but I think I just need to ride more.
I have goofed around in a parking lot a little bit, but I was asked to leave. I might try to go late at night and see how it goes!

The one there is actually a public park. Nobody can really fuck with you if you're on public property, as long as you're not being too much of a hooligan. And hell yeah, I could type about this shit all night.

Night riding is honestly my favorite. There are fewer people around, but you have to be really careful with the people who are still out. They're paying even less attention and a solid third of them are drunk texting 16 year old girls who have no concept of the fact that they're piloting a weapon. Always ride like you're invisible. Never rely on anyone else to know that you're there. Always have a way out if shit gets sideways.

>would you want your loved one to ride a motorcycle
Sure. Buying a bike did fabulous things to my personality. Changed my life.

I just wouldn't want anyone to get one because of me and then end up getting hurt, because then I might feel like I led them into that. If she bought one because she wanted to and she would have done it with or without you, morally, you're fine. But obviously you don't want her to get hurt, no matter if it was because of you or not.

Have yall taken safety courses? The MSF is a little bland but it's worth it. Focus on basics. It's boring, but it pays dividends later on.

Actually, no, fuck that, it's not boring at all. Out of curiosity, what do yall ride?

>inb4 used ninja 250

The problem you have m8 is half the people on dbt that are good riders have been riding bikes for 10-20 years at least.

just stop trying to compare yourself to others and you will get there, learning is a curve and all that.

used ninja 500

will trade for used ninja 600 and throw in some anime figs and a brojob to make up the difference

these things come with practice. Some people need more than others. Make sure she has a lot of time and help before riding on the street.

What bike did you get her? Dumb people should start on dirtbikes, on the dirt, and stay out of traffic until they git gud.

N250

Or you could use the experience to teach your girl how to ride and build an even stronger relationship.

you would have to be autistic to think this was a bad thing.

Nah dude that's a solid machine. Keep it neat.

I hope im good at riding ive just been riding dirt bikes all my life and hope it can translate well on other styles. Just gotta stay alive my dads friend has a couple of small old ninjas and enduros and he wants to ride again since my dad is out right now. Would be fun to take a ninja out and see what I can do with it now days.

way to kill your girlfriend m8

ninja 250s aren't slow or numb, just slow and numb compared to real sportbikes. they're mostly recommended to keep squids from going 150mph down a winding, oil and gravel covered american interstate because "racebike, bro".

k

>tfw you could keep it and convert it into a shitty dual sport

there's an asian grill who does conefagging with us on a ninja 300 and she's really good, she's not about that speed demon life but she has really solid skills.

and no I'm not posting her.

All the skills transfer.
I have been riding dirt for 19 years, road for 4, if i never had that dirt experience i would be a shitcunt when it comes to riding the road bike.

idk how or why people go from having never ridden to thinking they are gods after spending 50 hours on a bike (see )
It just does not work like that, you never stop learning when it comes to motorcycles.

Then fuck off faggot

You know the rules post up

I don't know how you got from "I'm now good enough to know that these tires blow ass" to "I AM A LITERAL GOD".

you just become better at not dieing. Even other riders abilities have to be taken into account to avoid issues. Been riding for a long time too first year on the road and had three falls. Two cause air pressure in fron to low when low speed turn and last was metal wet bridge that even my dad almost lost it on. Just have to remember how to avoid the same problems haha.

is it better to turn the engine off with the key or the kill switch?

oh my god thats such an adorable lean he even slowed it down oh my gosh :3

turn with kill switch and leave keys for later

kill switch first because you can keep the front brake engaged and the clutch held in with the bike in gear

then you can release the clutch since the engine isn't running and the gearbox will hold the bike in place, so you can safely release the brake, all with both feet on the ground

do it all the time so you don't fuck up on a hill

I was off put by the person who has done 6000 miles on a motorcycle in his life giving people riding advice.

you are still a gumby, don't teach others your bad habbits and over confidence.

Veeky Forums doesn't even have enough money to buy hotpockets anymore, haven't you heard? No moderation, buddy.

He's done more than me, so he is in every position to give me advice, especially when it's advice I haven't heard from anyone else here.
I appreciated his input and I think it'll help me in learning the basics.
If anything, I would say I almost appreciate his advice more than someone who has been riding for 20+ years, because his memory of learning the basics is still fresh.
He never said he was a god, he even made the point that he is only now needing his first real oil change

plug exhaust until engine dies

Using a potato.
Then you have dinner too!

Like naming every way to develop a skill is pretty redundant when there are countless videos of pros telling you how to do shit. It all comes down to you being comfortable with your bike in any condition. I wish my front breaks were better then I could learn to endo properly and fuck wheelies I hate learning throttle willys. Fuck niggas telling me oh you should learn that before clutch man trust me. Sorry rant over.

duude yes. I only just started riding but it feels so nice to be able to move a bike as opposed to a car. since it's all about body weight, it's basically just like willing the bike to go a certain way and it does.

/dbt/ how do I put vinyl stickers with paper backings on helmets without murdering the sticker?

If your front brakes were better you would probably just lock them and drop the bike trying to endo.
you need to get all of your weight over the front wheel to do an endo.

don't ask me

go ask these autistic gooks. they'll know.

Did you even look at that thread? Lol

forgot right post linkage

Apply wet if possible, go incredibly slowly, squeegee air out with a credit card.
Same applies to any surface.

That's where I started
They told me to come here

lol, idk go ask again. they'll be more help. i guarsentees it

you can't
nobody can tell when you're moving though

All about controlling that bike and making it part of you. Great riders can balance a lieter bike at a stop for pretty good time.
I know man I aint that stupid to try something without figuring out the basic skills first. Also its all cause one fork leaks on the brake side :c

that shit is ridiculous. I can't wait to be that skilled, but of course, the climbing of the ladder of experience is part of the fun! going into something completely new and learning the ropes is such a good time.

Change the seals. Its pretty easy and cheap.

Is that a fucking anime character

maybe fix the fork seal, thats kinda a massive problem that could cause you to ded.

Leaking fork seals are what cause a lot of low slides, oil gets on your wheel, you have less grip, you lose the front end around a gentle bend.

It also ruins not only your braking ability but completely destroys your brake pads if it actually gets on the caliper/disc.

replace your brake pads as well.
at the very least, take them out and grind them down with a grinder so they work again.

Post boipucci vtr250anon

Yup the day I am as good as my dad I think I can be called good. Nigga still scares me with how he rides, hard to not chase sometimes and get into close ones. Always reminds me ride at your own skill and pace fuck everyone else.

Heh, bilt textile gear

>lowside at 5mph trying to conefag
>bilt mesh pants rip apart, armor falls out
>BILT TO FUNCTION
>BILT TO LAST

>tfw you are finally better than your dad and he is the one nearly shreking himself catching you
That day was the best day.
since then all he has done is talk about how i am crazy.

>not wearing a leather one piece to conefag

u n s a f e

fucking kek
i'd have to agree it probably looks that way

Have new seals just the bitch mechanic I usually go to wont do it cause it has some pits that could ruin the seals again. I do have new forks that were redone that I can put on too with machined parts if I can get them. Also I am a fairly skilled rider and have been able to adapt to issues on my bike. Not defending it just I want to ride and I deal with what I got.

Did your mom take these?

yeeeah, about that. I'm looking into ordering some good alpinestars shit. I just got that stuff cheap and quick because I didn't wanna go squidding for my first few weeks of riding. I'm open to any good advice on leather gear to get. Was thinking alpinestars missle pant and core airflow jacket.

nah, my dad took em. keeping the bike at home while I'm at uni because I'm not confident enough in my skill to make the 2 hour drive to where my school is.

Just by new stanchion

I personally wouldn't trust any textiles that don't come with road test videos and the endorsement of a racing team that has a person with a net worth equivalent to my house wearing them at 200mph daily

Leather only otherwise

revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-missile-airflow-pants#overview_tab
revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-core-airflow-jacket#size_chart_tab
>currently on vtr250anon's shopping list

My uncle low slided his zx9 at 80km/h about 3 months ago due to a leaking fork seal, was only going around a gentle bend when he lost the front end.

he has been riding for more than 30 years, would expect him to be able to adapt to things like that too but it turns out when you lose grip because your front wheel is covered in oil there is no saving it.

Even octo posted boipucci

yee could but uhhh excuse I made up. Its okay user ill keep living for you on my dangerous bikeu.
>tfw your bike doesnt make moaning sounds when you front break and roll.

with such a recognizable bike, I don't suspect I will hear the end of this any time soon.

Post boipucci

wazzup fuccbois

awww bummer man I made a diaper to catch my fluid it wraps around the fork. Buy me new bike pls.
Only cause it was a good meme.

SUP NIGGA

make memes great again and post more