I'm deep into repairing a wrecked engine that ran on no oil, pic related is a rod from a piston...

I'm deep into repairing a wrecked engine that ran on no oil, pic related is a rod from a piston, it's got some wicked metal fusing from the crank going on.

I am puzzled, would it be a better idea to take the block to a machinist to fix the damage and replace pistons/crank or buy a used engine off ebay?

More pictures of this project, I'd describe it all as a 10,000 piece puzzle.

what motor? probably cheaper and easier to buy a long block off ebay than to rebuild it

I'd it's not from something ultra rare I'd go second hand or a previously reconditioned engine. That's just pandoras box, there'll be a never ending list of things that got fucked.

The car in question is a g35 coupe from 2003, story behind the fucked engine is that was ran to death by my family. Grandpa was changing oil and I believe he skipped a stepped (the adding oil part) and ran it into destruction, which apparently sounded like a "helicopter".

>v6
buy a used v8 off ebay and swap it in

if. fucking autocorrect

Body looks pretty rough as well. what other parts of the car has he been using his methods of "maintenance" on. scrap it.

VQ35DE by Nissan, I can only imagine all the things no oil have done inside the engine and possibly is a pandora's box to fix. It was interesting finding huge chunks of metal within the oil case.

if you really want to put the car back on the road a second hand engine is going to be the easiest/cheapest option in the long run.

As apocalyptic as that picture looks that's just the front fender/radiator removed etc to get to the engine. The body has all the scuffs and dents a 265k mile car comes with.

I've thought about this one, the car could be the ultimate Japanese drift machine

I was just commenting more on the damage to the wing really, if I had a car with even minor bodywork damage and a blown engine I'd probably call it a day, probably because I work on cars all day and can't be arsed fixing my own after a day of fixing other peoples shit. but if you like the car/has sentimental value as a family car then it's worth repairing.

I'm used to drive hell on wheels, I don't care much for the look of cars. It could be that I'm basically a college student and am only entitled to college student tier cars that are on the fourth owner.

what's your budget to get it on the road again?

From $1000 all the way up to $5000 pushing for value, doing research on re-machining vs second hand engine it seems like they're nearly the same cost. $2k for a decent ebay engine and about the same for reworking the block into something usable.

Do you have websites over there where you type in what you need and breakers yards contact you? I've usually found these to be cheaper than ebay.

just swap an ls1 etc etc

>it's got some wicked metal fusing from the crank going on

How is it a repair when everything is getting replaced? Might as well swap out the engine. For all that metal fusing, that means other parts of the engine metal has lost its temper. New crankshaft, new bearings, and so much everything else being replaced means you should swap engines and at least have proper tempered metal.

you need to get it sent to a machinist to be checked for cracks, good machinists also use xray machines to check for cracks but that can be uncommon in certain areas

Just buy a junkyard ($250-300 but total crapshoot) or salvage yard ($500+ but inspected, pulled, and palleted) motor, rebuild that if needed, and put it in there
>bonus: if junkyard you can get core deposit for the engine you already removed

>Check it for cracks
>aluminum block and heads
this is going to be very expensive, just put the money towards an engine that wasn't run dry

Dude I've scrolled through this thread and by the time you do anything to salvage this specific shit heap. You could get a a whole working better condition g35.

Save that shit heap for the parts bin.