>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28&usp=sh

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8&usp=sh

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-distinctly-etherian-update-terraria-and-dungeon-defenders-ii-crossover-coming-soon.50844/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/a-distinctly-etherian-update-terraria-and-dungeon-defenders-ii-crossover-coming-soon.50844/

ded thread, ded game, ded community

You are now charged with handling the development of Terraria, what do you do to make it great again?

Start from scratch with a better combat system, a better engine, worlds that generate on the go (like minecraft) and loop around.

got any tribal/tiki buildings?

I probably do, but I have no idea how to search for them. Maybe "hut" or something like that, but I don't know.

Strip everything down and "tier" the enemies. If you attack an enemy with a melee weapon of the same "tier" it will typically take 3 shots (more in hardmode) and wearing armor of the same tier means you can eat around 10 attacks. Bosses are now tier-gates with higher defense and lower HP.

Have metals generated at certain height ranges like in Minecraft, in predictable but rare chunks. Underground monsters also adhere to this, meaning the further you go, the better your equipment better be.

NPCs change what items they sell based on happiness. This happiness stat is a combination of bosses defeated, number of NPCs, the value of their room decorations (with character-specific bonuses), and how long they've been in the building (so no switching NPCs into the fancy house).

The entire game needs a rebalance.

>tiers of armors
>damage based on tiers
Kill you are self. If anything, we need to get rid of gear-checks and let skill determine how you kill an enemy.

No, YOU kill yourself.

Please don't fight

I just keep development going as it is. Terraria Otherworld is already in development, and eventually we'll work on Terraria 2. There's no reason to change the original game too significantly on a mechanical level aside from adding new things.

I'd like a system where you can continuously upgrade weapons to eventually put them on par with endgame weapons. It pisses me off when I find a weapon that has an interesting attack style, but it's completely outclassed by what I already use.

I'm pretty sure that's literally Terraria Otherworld.

Can this general not die? I only just started playing.

How do I learn to be creative and make nice buildings?

you don't, you rip shit from the builds in this thread, you mix and match and you eventually will get somewhat gud and build on your own

Steal shamelessly from the fancy builds folder.

I downloaded it. Hopefully the inspiration hits.

wake up

>Get excited for new original content
>It's a shitty crossover update

Terraria is better than this.

Is new update going to be it's own mode? Similar to the spleef mode added to Minecraft? I'd like to see it be alone and by doing certain things in the TD mode, you unlock things in survival mode

can't wake up

We have no idea, user. Read the forum post for more info, and if there's something missing, then we simply don't know.

No. It's just an invasion that will yield a new NPC, new weapons, new vanities, and automatic defenses.

Permanent NPCs?

Also, will the defenses work against all the enemies or just with the event enemies?

iunno
There's some bartender/cook looking npc and there's fucking ballista on the ground

Actually I'm not terribly sure if the defenses are automatic so :V

you don't
It's time for Terraria 2

BE ASHAMED
THE FUCKING /V/ THREAD IS DOING BETTER THAN YOU BUTTS

CLEAR

Aaah

Oooh

bump

Just let it die, Terraria has run its course on Veeky Forums and will not get anywhere until an update comes out.

okay

dead af

Is Terraria worth buying for my phone? I'm joining the army soon and can't bring in other devices.

Well, it's better than nothing.

Anyone hosting a server? The /v/ one is horrible.
I'd rather build shit with my main but I understand why people would want new characters only.
I've wanted to try a speedrun anyway.

>I've wanted to try a speedrun anyway.
Good luck with that in a Veeky Forums server or in any server at all. Servers are known for taking stuff slowly, not rushing to endgame.

I meant a "solo" speedrun. Everyone else can try to keep up or go at their own pace.
I will not wait for anyone. If I feel I can beat a boss or the WoF alone I will.

>If I feel I can beat a boss or the WoF alone I will.
You're missing the whole point of servers. Go do that shit in sp if you like it that much.

I want to build and a lot of the shit I want to do that with is post hardmode.
There isn't any point in building for myself either if I'm the only one who can see what I've made.

Have you tried posting your stuff here so we can laugh at it under the pretext of trying to help you improve it?

I'll post it when I'm done building it

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

Putting them too close together and not waiting long enough.
They're probably not deep enough either.

They are at the 1920 layer in the cavers, and I put them there for maybe 4-5 hours ingame. I'll try your advice, thanks.

That's a loaded question.

>page 10
ded geam

Stop posting

What are some good mods?
I'm about to load up some new characters in a new world with some friends.

>>>/global/rules/7

Try thorium or tremor. They're the most popular ones. Enemy prefixes, too.

Wood stitching!

Sheeeeeiiiiiit! That looks bloody good.

Thorium and Tremor seem to add too much OCDONUTSTEEL stuff and just... stuff in general for my liking. They come off to me as being very bloated, rather than filling in the game in a good way.

So in that light I just play with the Class Based RPG mod and Prefixes for Enemies, picking a slightly different gimmick each playthrough.