/edg/scg/ Star Elite: Dangerous Citizen Episode #86: Invasion!

POST YOUR SHIPFU FROM ANY SOURCE MATERIAL

Polaris Corvette would beat up the Federal Corvette Edition, FedVette-san wishes they were as kawaii as Polaris-imotto. Prove OP wrong.

Thread #83 happend twice so this thread is technically #86 since #85 was titled #84 when it should have been #85.
>Star Citizen information:
pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

2.6 Flight changes are with the Evocati, Star Marine is now being tested internally across multible studios in online deathmatch games. Evocati is next, then PTU, then Live.

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=9Xy5pz7V7rI
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=EP9_U3EY9fw
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=heIm1-VsZeU
>Referral code randomizer:
robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-Q4BD-Q9Q9
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RyIodsO4C5U
youtube.com/watch?v=gIlmLdvUmfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

xth for OP speaks the truth, Polaris best ship

I can't be the only one who thinks the Fed Corvette looks like Gipsy Danger and a Venator class star destroyer had a baby

So i looked at the passenger shit for ed. I can believe that dads think its the greatest thing ever. 22k ly for 18mil. Even with stacking that they broke thats an underwhelming amount of cash for an overwhelming amount of time.

Thanks dads!

Now you understand why the dads are a cancer that needs to be removed.

November sale when?

rugged and comfy

18th nov

F7C-MKII CONCEPT SALE WHEEEEN?

the moment you stop being a retarded faggot

Thanks senpai

You're welcome question-san

That feel when sold my conda and bought a clipper. I'm fitting it out for passenger missions and actually started having fun again

>F7C-MKII
What the difference with F7C?

>new links and corrected thread number

doing space god's work OP, despite not being disgusted with yourself for liking polaris

It looks more sexy, that's it
youtube.com/watch?v=RyIodsO4C5U

I fitted my corvette with a fighter bay and I'm using the little shits to do skimmer missions for mad dosh and navy rank

and it's actually pretty fun. the mission stacking part sucks tho

Cant erase solo players.

The only good thing ive had since the update? I can actually travel multiple light years in open without the game crapping out. It seems to take longer though. Ill have to stopwatch and see.

Usuing a fighter though? Random crash to desktop. 1/2 a step forward and 13 back.

Is it just me, or does Derek Smart kind of look like the sultan of Oman?

Unrelated fact, the sultan of Oman is a well-known closeted homosexual.

I always thought he looked like the AWAC guy from Freespace 2

>Can't erase solo players

I don't mean attack them in game. I mean remove them from the game entirely. Despite them only playing in their safe spaces, they still have gone out of their way to make sure my gameplay was affected. And I wasn't fucking okay with that.

Solo and private play shouldn't influence the BGS, simple as that

CGs should be open only too

i'd like to hope they just apply this upgrade to all hornets for the much needed rework instead of selling us another variant

but who am i kidding here

They did say that every year or two there would be "this years model" of any given ship, and that you'd be able to get a new one, with the old ones eventually becoming relatively uncommon. I honestly hope they neither sell it nor upgrade, take a MKII hornet and have available for sale early on in PU as the first of those updated hulls.

i think they really do need to cut down on dedicated fighters for a bit here and start fleshing out alternatives to ships that currently have a monopoly on certain gameplay mechanics, with no competition in concept yet

and yeah i hope youre right about it not being in PU, the fact that the polaris isnt still on sale right now after making so much money does give me hope

I've been under a rock for a million years. Can someone explain the pros and cons of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous and the differences between the two games?

cba
both need you to wait

They're going to replace the current hornet with this model sale/market wise but anyone who has the old model hornet has the option to keep it as a "Classic" model if they want to feel like a classic car owner. The difference is only visual.

They would easily lose over half their player base by doing that.

>In a Conflict Zone
>Going well, gonna come back with good cash
>But Suddenly
>WARNING IMPULSE ATTACK
>I die in less than 4 seconds with no chance to respond
What the fuck just hit me? What the fuck do I do about this?

Could really have been anything. Coulda plowed through a minefield, I know those register as impulse attacks.

How will I know theres a minefield? There wasn't any signatures popping up on the dash that weren't other Ships. Is there a countermeasure for them?

Alrighty.

I played the free flight thing throughout last week and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I've since watched dozens of videos of the dev diary shit, the con presentations, feature history and roadmap, even the lore, including that super cool space map shit. Spent like, 3 hours in that, shit was dope.

Anyways, I have 80 bucks to spend on this game. Which package should I pick? Common sense tells me to pick the campaign/mustang combo, but I really like how the Avenger and Gladius looks. Especially the Gladius. I heard it's not so good though.

anyways, should I shell in for the campaign package or the single ship package? I'm guessing the campaign won't come out until mid-late next year based on their previous schedule.

E:D is a salt flat and SC is a well; one is an inch deep and a mile wide, the other is the reverse, and I do mean right now.

Get cheapest package you can, ???, buy another later if you have fun.

inertial impact lasers?

Maybe you got rekt by an elite NPC with engi weapons

I have an engineered corvette and I'd never ever bring even that in a CZ solo because the spawns are such bullshit. One second you have 1 or 2 friendly but no one else around, the next you're surrounded in a cloud of red

the only times I go in CZs is when I stack massacre missions and fly in a wing for that express purpose

Stick to the Mustang pack. All those ships can be earned in game when the time comes. You can always upgrade your ship if you're interested in pledging more money.

You should by a package which includes the Squadron 42 and a ship, i believe you have a choice between an Aurora and a Mustang. Thats the best choice.

Thargoids

Is it me or does the development of SC feel a little bit slow, i may be wrong. It just feels like nothing of much significance has been added in the last months.

Get the Mustang SC+SQ42 game package and then buy a CCU to upgrade the Mustang to the Gladius. Play with the gladius for a bit and if it isn't your thing then do the smart thing and CCU it to a Cutlass

It seems slow because of the mostly transparent development. Everyone is used to a game being announced mostly complete and then coming out in one to two years

I mean theres a ton of Massacre missions here and I'm in a kitted Viper which isn't cheap but I can still get a net gain from the missions even while dying alot despite the insurance cost. I'd just rather prevent dying all together to get the most cash I can and not be constantly losing Combat Bonds.
I guess I'm gonna have to adopt the strategy of killing a few then getting the fuck out of there. The Hub is only 0.12 ls away from the CZ anyway.

That's because it's all focusing on 2.6 and 3.0, 3.0 will be the biggest patch in a year since it adds an entire system and the full sized planets and many more missions, ships, armor, and weapons to play with

You guys think its worth paying the big bucks for a bigger ship at this stage?

I have a diamondback scout, what ship should I aim for now?

Honestly? Yes, but it depends on two things:
1. You have expendable income
2. You want to jump into a ship/career role straight from the start

Are you a whale with a disposable income/no sense of money/that doesn't have severe buyers remorse? Sure.

Asp E. That will be your ship for everything else.

Nah

Waste of time and money

and after that the FDL?
I stopped playing a while ago, considering starting again
I think I have 8 mil spacecash

Will i have that sort of feeling that i wasted my money if i do so. I mean at the start it would be great but after a while, wont i just feel like i wasted a lot of money for nothing?.

Too risky I think. Better to be a poorfag and just play the game if it comes out.

Good point, thanks for the advice guys.

>After that the FDL

It doesn't matter what you go for after that. The Asp E is *the* end game ship. Everything else is just extra. It has the best jump range and cargo capacity ratio for a medium sized ship. Use it to earn the rest of your money if you intend on playing ED more.

Not really. You'll feel like that ship is "your" ship, and it'll be with you for all the time you invest in the game. Your Millennium Falcon.

Are you going to have a comfy planetside homestead hidden away on a planet, Anons?

>jump range
yes
>cargo capacity
what is the Faulcon DeLacy Python

Its hard to decide which ships would be my Millenium Falcon, since a lot of the ships that look nice and interesting are still on concept designs etc and may take a while to come out and the others a very expensive.

Do you not understand what ratio means or did I use the wrong term? You fully load a Python and your range turns to shit. You fully load an Asp E and you're still looking at 20+ range jump.

makes me wanna go forage in some caves for focusing crystals

hurf a durf

that's what I get for reading threads diagonally

What would be your budget? I can help you find the ship for you. Freelancer ($110), Cutlass ($100), and Constellation Taurus ($150) can all be considers your Falcon and used for smuggling/cargo.

b-but I am a bounty hunter

I think I'll get a vulture..

I was debating between a Constellation Taurus and a Freelancer(or Freelancer MAX) im just unsure wether its worth the money.

You'll get real tired of bounty hunting soon.

the Hull C was purpose built to be the smuggler but it's nocombat and we don't know what the interior looks like, the taurus could do it but it's layout is shit and bland, literally just a hallway, my pick for Falcon substitute is the Caterpillar; industrial-ugly and unconventional looking, lot of cargo space, heavy armor and can survive a bit of fighting if need be. also has a few oddball tricks up it's sleeves and a couple mannable turrets.

i meant

how can they be nauseating, or moreso than the old shit? they were overhauled for the sole reason that it was nauseating before.

The Hull-C is not a smuggling vessel. The Hull-C discrete is, a conversion of the Hull-C. The Merchantman is, by default, a Dedicated smuggling and blockade running ship. Any ship can be converted to smuggle.

I'd get the Taurus since it'll be flight ready in 3.1 and you get to fly the Constellation Andromeda unil it's read. It's the biggest ship there. Freelancer is also a viable ship, you could buy the freelancer and try it out then CCU to the Constellation to see how they compare

isnt the #1 complaint about elite that its a boring space trucker game?

the first ones were fine to me the new one feels like you're on rollerskates..

>The Hull-C discrete is, a conversion of the Hull-C.
didn't realize this. is it a variant, and do they actually sell them as different ships wen it's on sale? or is that lore wankery and every player Hull-C is the discrete model

>Space trucker

It might be fun if it was a space trucker like any of the truck simulator games. Actually places to visit, various traffic to deal with, etc.. The number 1 complaint is that you do everything once and you've experienced the entirety of the game. The only thing to keep 90% of the people going is unlocking ships.

sorry but you're in the minority on that one, I can see where you're coming from but getting your chin stuck in your armpit because you tried to turn around to fast is no good in a combat situation. if you want that kind of 'realism' there's always ArmA, which is also the strongest case for not using that model.

The entire Hull-Series can be moddified to alternative roles, hense the name (you're just buying a hull with the default cargo configuration).

The Hull-C is just the regular Hull-C "Hull" when you buy it.

>Q:“Is the discreet model a separate variant or something you can make yourself with modules?”
>A:The latter! Although per the fiction, MISC will offer the Discreet ‘purpose built’ in the finished game universe.

>"More a platform than a ship, the Hull C can be outfitted for traditional freight, armored combat transport or even as a highly-defended Discreet platform. The Hull C retains some of the speed and maneuverability of the A and B, while carrying the onboard luxuries of the Hull D and E (such as full cab sleeping quarters and medical interface.)”

I wish SC didnt fall for the "larger ship = more fun" meme, fast fighter gameplay is superior

A lot of people want the bridge crew multi-role experience rather than the "Single fighter yay" gameplay that's been driven into the ground already

I'm starting to like this ship

>bridge crew multi-role experience
well, can you elaborate?
I'm not shit talking, actual bridge experience seems interesting but usually what I see is just people shouting for big ships

well keep in mind it's still a Hull series which makes it appropriate for EmpireTruck Sim and nothing else.

I prefer the Hull-E myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=gIlmLdvUmfQ

I already have a ship for shootin', I just want a big comfy ship I can use to transport goods and feel comfy

I like that the A and B have the standard MISC shroud over the engines.

Hull-C is definitely a good option for comfy space living since it has a medbay and crew quarters as well as Starfarer-sized accomidations inside

Merlin and Archimedes best ships

We need more sexy ships and less blocky ones. Looking at you rsi and anvil aerospace.

We need more snub fighters.

>Comfy Living space.
You do understand like 80% of a Hulls interior when folded up is taken up by the folded cargo rack. There is not going to be a ton of space inside. It'll have living quarters, but where are you getting a med bay from, thus far the only ships with integral medical facilities I've seen are The Carrack, Cutlass red and caps.

The "Big comfy transport" thus far is probably the starfarer with the fuel tanks swapped for external cargo racks, in addition to the bay. Maybe the BMM will be this, but its comfy factor is yet to be seen. For bang for the buck it'll be hard to beat a Constellation Taurus in terms of Cargo capacity + actual interior space.

My advice would be to go on the RSI website and read the engineering posts under the com-link header. That should give you a good handle on the bones of the game and make it easier to decide what type of jobs you will want to take on In-game. This in turn will make it easier to pick out a ship to buy. I used youtube vids to get a look at the ships themselves

The very expensive ships will be a bitch to obtain and outfit in the PU but that doesn't mean you wont be able to enjoy them, you just might not be in command. What I mean by that is there is likely to be npc companies that will offer opportunities to crew in larger or specialized vehicles from their respective commercial fleets.

Only buy an expensive ship if you're sure you want to make use of it's particular specs and capabilities. You're going to need to pay to fuel, arm, repair, house, crew and even clean the fucker so make sure it will earn it's keep within your play-style and not just rust in a hanger on your dime or be sold so you can buy the ship that really works for you.

Literally from this post? Literally from the discription of the Hull-C.

>The Hull C retains some of the speed and maneuverability of the A and B, while carrying the onboard luxuries of the Hull D and E (such as full cab sleeping quarters and medical interface.)”

Ok, well I hadn't seen that.

Anyway my best read on the hull C is pic related. Becasue of the sheer size of the cargo rack, even when folded, theres just not gonna be that much interior space for it to work with.

>Q&A

Please give me a example of when the Q&A's have been wrong, friend :)

>inb4 sabre
>implying any currently released ship is an example of how it'll be in the future
pre-reply Wew lad prepared

>called out on their bullshit memery
>doesn't back up their claim and simply doesn't reply
Wew lad

with those engines Imagine all Hull ships to be like top fuel dragsters in a straight line when empty of cargo and all folded up

Is the dropship any good or should I just grind another rank to get the FAS? Getting tired of the ASP and want something that can pack a bigger punch. I've got 36mil right now

Pretty sure that's the idea, it's just not fuel efficent to do so or such. It has higher thrust when it's got less cargo mounted

it's decent for the price

FAS is better for combat, FDS for light multirole

End my life, 20 minutes in on my way for a 6,750cr mission

isnt it annoying to fly those slow ships?
is the extra power and dmg worth it?
what kind of combat do you do with them that an FDL cant?

something else, are cap ship fights in Elite now?
how do you get them?