The Nuremberg trails were an injustice that used ex post facto laws

>The Nuremberg trails were an injustice that used ex post facto laws

Does Veeky Forums agree with Col. Peron?

Last I checked, the illegality of murder was not an ex post facto law. The war crimes most certainly were not as most of those laws had been in place since before WWI and then amended immediately after.

The Trials went easy on the fuckers

That wasn't Peron's point

/thread

Yes.

They were lucky to even get trials considering the original proposal was to execute 100,000+ German officers at random regardless of guilt.

Nuremberg, not so much; Tokyo, definitely.

sauce?

Curious for the sauce myself. Not denying it by any means but I'd like to know.

I really doubt that proposal went far if anons not trolling. Thats not even ww1 tier edge.

desu compared to Great Soviet Purge, its not unbelievable
so I am more curious than antagonistic

Peron HAD to say that.

His whole fucking regime was just a CIA Nazi rest home for old war criminals.

Da fuk is he gonna say?

"Oh yeah them Nazis bad! Especially the rich ones the CIA protected and planted in my country for me."

samefag

It was a different time then.

The fear of the USSR and communism was real.

Former Nazis were strident anti-communists with extensive resources which could aid the CIA in fighting the KGB.

It was all very pragmatic. Basic global strategy 101. No /x/ needed.

It was probably the Soviets who suggested this, if it did indeed happen.

He is pretty much right.

>He is pretty much right
He is literally wrong as evidenced in the first post of this fucking thread

Actually it was the British. It was the Soviets who suggested trials.

>Trying another countries citizens for its crime against itself

No, the nuremburg trials was a sham because it tried people under specious claims of "Natural law" as in, because you are human if you murder you know its wrong and should be punished. If natural law could be used in court, the entire human civilization would collapse because it is based on repression and doing things that harm others.

It wasn't even a trial.

Just a show.

I think most of the nuremburg trial was just butthurt that they didn't take Hitler or Himmler alive

i do think some people like Goebbels deserved it though

>don't abide by the Hague treaties that had been in place since before der Fuhrer was even born
>surprised when you get tried for violating them
Yeah, nah. Fuck you.

>"Oh yeah them Nazis bad! Especially the rich ones the CIA protected and planted in my country for me."
The intelligence services actually hunted them down, a lot of them fled to Bolivia Paraguay and such

Not him, but Stalin suggested it at the Teheran conference I think. Roosevelt agreed and Churchill strongly objected to it. It's described in the book "Savage Continent"

Who said what is murder and what is not? Who decides? The executioners are guilty of murder if you use the same logic in establishing the guilt of most of the people tried

>es post facto
for the most part yes
>injustice
Hardly. They got off better than the people they starved, tortured and murdered

Then why was the U.S not tried and found guility of violating natural law when they bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Neither of those places were military targets. Or the Firebombing of tokyo?

This. There was a group of Israeli that went around the world dealing their own justice after the trials.

They apparently found some SS colonel living in Canada, waited for his wife to leave, and then went to his place, told him they knew everything he did, and handed him a rope and he hung himself

There's literally no difference between apprehending civilians and kill them in a death camp and firebombing civilians in air raids. As for practices of torture, well, by these standards there should be an Internatuonal Court of Justice to put the USA on trial as they openly admit torture of prisoners in Guantanamo and CIA facilities.

So yes, Peron was right.

All other charges like "breaking peace" were hilarious.

>There's literally no difference between apprehending civilians and kill them in a death camp and firebombing civilians in air raids.

>no difference between the state intentionally enacting a genocide and collateral damage

fuck off

Criticism of Nuremberg are important and should continue. But note how critics of the trial are able to openly voice their feelings, whereas open critics of many of these men found themselves dead. A little perceptive is nice.

>Sending a thousand bombers to deliberately reduce a city to ashes and exterminate as much civilians as possible is '''''collateral damage'''''''

Complete kangaroo court. Hermann embarrassed those cuckold allied lawyers. Even American judges thought it was a farce

>Neither of those places were military targets
Bullshit. One was a huge base for Japans MIC and also contained a large contingent of IJA troops, the other was a fucking naval base that was the home port of the fleet that hit Pearl Harbor.