How do I help a friend with his finances?

How do I help a friend with his finances?
>we walk to dollar store
>I pay for my candy
>he goes to pay
>card rejected.... at the fucking dollar store
I've offered to help him and his fiancé make a proper budget. He refuses....
I've even tried the Dave Ramsey approach. He uses book as a paper weight.
I don't know what to do at this point. He has a credit score of 55... Halp

Drop him. It's not your business what he does with his finances. Stop counting other people's money.

Unless your friend is you ;)

I just hate the idea that me, as an accounting student, let this happen to him.

The sooner you learn you're not responsible for other people, the better. Let them make their mistakes. If you try to interject more they'll just resent you for it. You're not his daddy.

My advice is you should ghost him. There's a saying. You're the average of your 5 closest friends. Losers like that are a dime a dozen and have no value.

>5 closest friends
>5 friends
People actually have 5 friends?

Take the average of the total amount if it's less than five.
If you have no friends that's a good thing for that formula. It means nobody is dragging you down. But networking is a very powerful tool to grow to the next level.

Include anyone you talk with on a regular basis. Family, coworkers, whatever.

I'm pickier about the people I give my time to now, and I'm finding that I'm connecting with more people in more ways because I'm looking for aspects in other people that I want to grow. I interview them about how they became successful. What tools they use. How they learned. They always love talking.

Stay out of it dude. It's not your concern and he'll never learn these important life lessons unless he goes through it himself. Don't deprive him of those learning opportunities.

Just say "If you ever have any questions about budgeting or finance I'd be glad to help you out." but let him come to you don't badger him into doing it.

>If you have no friends that's a good thing for that formula. It means nobody is dragging you down.
I have no friends and I manage to drag myself down all the time.
It's not that hard if you put in the effort.

>wewlad...

Well? Sadly and painfully the short of it? U can't. He has likely learned from his folks and they are poor. It is so much a part of him that likely he will live like this until he dies or developes a strong desire to not be a faggot and make a fundemental change on a near cellular level.

Normally id say have Ramsey sign his shill book then shove it up his ass. "Cut up your credit cards."

>uses credit cards to fly and rent cars and talk about not using credit cards...

Sadly for the working class this advise is good.

I wanna be rich tho.

I have like 8 fucking credit cards and love them. My credit store was like 450. Now its almost 700. Just waiting for it to moon to 800+ so i can refinance and get rid of my stupid cards then wait another few years and do it again.

OP i tried to push personal finance books on 15 friends and family members. Wasted money on books. Yet these same fucks will talk about how rich they gonna be.

Poor faggots.

They are all going to be workibg for me or owe me money because i actively study and practice business and personal finance while they wagecuck all day and dream of lambos.

Its heartbreaking but until im rich i guess there is litterally othing i can do.

If anyone here has any advise id love to hear it.

Im honestley in OP's spot up from his broke friends'.

>mfw my card has been declined for $1.50 pop at Dollar General.

It's humbling to move from the bottom to the top. U already did all u can OP. Don't feel bad. Just accept that he is a robot programmed to be poor and just like an addict only he can take the first step.

Good luck to u.

You're right about his parents. His sister is a struggling actor in Cali and 20k in the hole from credit cards alone. They're all financially retarded. That's why I used the Ramsey approach. He plays to the fucking idiots. That's his audience.

He's not wrong. My friends and i been trough some shit tho. I cant drop them. Been actively seeking rich friends tho.

I wound up in a camouflaged hat double fisting keystone light tallboys in a house with over 20 something bathrooms. Some friend of a friend thing. He was a college dean or something and his wife inhereted a small fortune. Not sure what they were worth. And that would make her NEET and him a wagecuck. But man. They had a lot of money. I've never been at a "rich people" party or been so nervous. Through good breeding and reduced stress these people actually were pretty cool. Spent 3 hours talking tennis and we loaded up an escalade and i swung a golf club for the first time because i always thought it was a rich people game. They've never really been around a redneck and thought all that reality tv show hillbilly shit was made up.

Fortunately through my studies in business and personal finance i could hold a half assed conversation with these rich people while talking about the time as a group me and some buddies commited over 20 felonies 1 day. My brother in law and i were drinking directly from a keg hose bouncing beer bottles off of shit going down the highway. With pics.

Not the brightest. And I've matured enough to quit the stupid shit. But its fun to talk about. And the rich people spending their lives in tennis practice and jazz class loved this shit.

U dont jave to drop him. But do expect him to never change and there is not much u can do to help.

Rare to see actual advice here user. Curious. What do u do for a living?

Im a wagecuck and an idiot.

And i get to fix a fucking toilet after work for a tennant instead of work on my hotrod.

Feels batman

This. Impressed the fuck out of my dads rich boss at the bar the other day. We had a few shots and some drinks and i had the bartender put them on my tab.

He said you know i litterally make milions of times what you make probably? I said yeah im not a fuckboy Democrat and came here to party with money i can afford to throw away not mooch off of rich people. He started another tab and we talked about money for 2 hours. We got pretty drunk. But he seemed genuinly impressed and i talked him out of daytrading i think. Didnt try too hard. U dont get that rich being an idiot. If he thinks he can do ot he can waste a million dollars fucking shit up. Dad pretty much runs the company and it funds itself so in not worried about him squandering it away.

Pretty flattering to be told by the richest asshole you know that you are gonna make it with 0 effort at this rate. He's wrong. It's gonna suck dicks and already does. But it's worth it.

Topkek. We can be user friends till the thread dies faggot. U funny.

Lol. Sorry you are gonna be an accountant. I can tell you will go far even being a wagecuck. I would have bet a bill on it because thats how most all of us are. My parents worked their ass off. I grew up on a drilling rig and dad got me a job pulling wells for cash at 14. My little body got to pull singles and beat on every single connection for YEARS.

>MFW shredded at 18 and eat wtf i want and drink all the beer i can handle.

Took me a long time to get out of the workhard meme. Now me and dad are both crippled and i'm learning how to eat right for the first time in my life. I just wish i could help my friends and family change. But it's easier to change yourself. I guess ill just get rich and make sure they all have a job and that kidney transplant and loan that they need wich i will never see repaid.

> ;(

Alright my friend.
By reading your other posts I can see you have a good head and mindset.
Do you have any advice for someone who's still poor and wants to start making money?
Perhaps something you wish you had known at the beginning of your "journey", that's not the same old obvious advice for morons like "save your money", don't get in debt, etc.

Thank you in advance.

>I have like 8 fucking credit cards
>so i can refinance
>i tried to push personal finance books
moar please

Bumping

Suck his cock.

>But he seemed genuinly impressed and i talked him out of daytrading i think
what makes you think he's gonna take advice from a poor person?