/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Rapefu edition

>Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

OP: pastebin.com/KQeXXZ3i (not fully updated)

last thread

i am fond of pigs

i am fond of memes

>lose all motivation to finish a game once I get a significant score lead

Third for Viccy is smug-cute.

i am fond of coalminer's wife.

Victoria is a lot less cute when she screams in your face every fucking thirty turns because you started on a different continent.

Johann > Sid
tee bee haitch

You just gotta move close to her and show you care user.

Anyone know how often is the Stellaris mod archive updated? I wanted to try out the Stargate : The Fifth Race mod but can't find it.

So in 6, can you not stack special religious buildings? Can't have a cathedral and meeting house simultaneously at the same holy district?

Why can't I build my bath here?

this is a gym. the bath is two blocks down buddy

WE BUILT THIS CITY

I am so fucking stupid

Both the bath and aqueduct needs to be adjacent to the city center and touching a River, Lake, Oasis, or Mountain.

So the plot immediately to the left of it doesn't satisfy those requirements?

the tile to the west is both next to a city center and touching a river

how do i fix crash

>NASA invented the ballpoint pen

THIS IS FUCKING WRONG

wait what

they don't actually make that claim right

should i buy stellaris

you shouldn't even pirate it

Jesus

fuck sake even if you want to go with that ridiculous quote it's "a pen that writes in space" not the fucking ball-point as a general concept

also everything on that page is retarded or outright wrong

Tell me about Shield Capacitors. Are they worth it or is crystal-forged and tons of armor still the way to go?

Anybody else feel like Iron is way too hard to come by?
I dont want to settle an entire new town just for some fucking iron.

And yea I know you can spawn near it but its random.

oh, I dunno.

hammers > shields > cogs

all the strategic resources are too rare, possibly except horses

The Civilopedia in 6 is wrong in general, they somehow managed to confuse King William IV with Queen Victoria's father.

That triggered my autism

One of the quotes for space civic/tech is the classic anecdote of NASA investing millions in making a ballpoint pen while the Russians used a pencil. What the quote neglects (and what most people who use the quote as a source of comedy don't get) is that Graphite is extremely conductive, and a broken pencil point (or even graphite dust) in the electronics could cause serious problems

It's one of those things like the British walking into machine gun fire or the Polish cavalry charging tanks where people just talk out of their ass without knowing the whole story or context

>I dont want to settle an entire new town just for some fucking iron.
neither do I but its worth it and generates conflict which is nice

They fucked the quote up.
They spent millions in researching a ballpen that can write in space, not the ballpen itself.
A funny fail nonetheless.

i guess retarded interns are easier to get a hold of than smart ones

try removing the woods. Sometimes resources on a tile fucks it up. I don't think woods ever fuck it up but it I'm not sure, maybe removing them would help.

you should remove them first either way, chopping is ridiculously lucrative in VI

almost makes up for the idiotic cost scaling

I don't get this meme. People were even asking if chop chop compared to China's wonder rush. It's not even fucking close. It shaves maybe a couple of turns off any building.

When should I clear a tile? Is it good to have rainforests, marshes etc?

“Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” - Barry Findlay

There. Five minutes of googling and I've found a better quote for Kilimanjaro than some bullshit about fucking wifi

The amount of production you get from chops doesn't change by game speed, even though costs do. So its incredibly good at online speed, which people use for multiplayer.

Oh, I was going to say. It's fucking piddly on Marathon, I don't really use it, but people are always saying they use it to rush wonders which was blowing my mind.

Also that's stupid

>Is it good to have rainforests, marshes etc?

if you have a resource on them, keep them
if you don't have a better tile to work right now, keep them
if it's a river-adjacent forest, probably keep it
if you'd have to spend a worker charge to get an equivalent tile, probably keep them
if you have a decent shot at chichen itza and lots of jungle, keep them

otherwise generally clear. by the time you have industrialization you'll want large farm chains and lots of mines

>So its incredibly good at online speed, which people use for multiplayer.

and on standard it's still a pretty hefty chunk

>Marathon

lmao

I really think Stellaris' strategic resources need to be revamped. It's stupid that you can only build a Betharian plant on top of a tile with Betharian Stone on it, as if it's somehow impossible to mine that thing and export it to other planets in your empire. Strategic resources should have a monthly income like Minerals and Energy do.

Imagine how this could work with edicts. Instead of Satramene Gas just giving a flat -10% Ethics divergence to your entire empire, there could be a planetary edict that has an upkeep of 0.5 Satramene per month. Imagine having a really efficient power source for your Battleships that uses Betharian for upkeep, leaving more utility slots open for shields or armour. There could be a building that requires Pitharan dust, and gives +30% to food production on the planet.

I should post this on Reddit or something, somebody might actually care about it there.

is there any ini edit to move factions away? running into another civ on turn 6 on a huge map is ridiculous, it clearly has some shit spawning algorithm

is it worth buying civ 6 for multiplayer? from what i remember civ mp has always been cancer

protip: they read the SA thread closely

Almost as if the AI guy is from SA

fuck no

yeah you can set minimum spawn distance. check Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data

remember to make a backup copy of any files you edit

...Something Awful? That website still exists?

I tried marathon once and it was pretty miserable. Much better to do that xml file change thing where you just make tech take 200% longer to make while on standard so you're not spending a lot of time waiting for buildings and units to finish.

almost

they've been on SA for ages though, way before they hired wiz

When I trade a luxury resource, do I still have a copy of it? Or it is only theirs?

which file is the correct ini?

you can't have your cocoa and eat it too, user

How do I into Deity mode?

Someone tell me how you're supposed to play a proper warmonger civ in Civ V. After your first victim or two the entire world will hate you for the rest of the game, refusing all trade deals and in general it's harder to have a proper infrastructure (defending against late game shit like tourism) since so much of your time is spent building military units and the rewards you get from wars are pretty random, thus you have less control over the development of your civ in general. Even in war your unique units might get fucked by RNG terrain ruining your day. The rewards you reap from other civs don't feel that stellar when you have the entire world declaring war on you simultaneously instead of actual scoreboard leaders. On the other hand if you decide to tone down your conquering spree that means you just have a gorillion high level units draining upkeep for no reason, with all that industry, money and social policies that could've been used to build up your civ instead.

To me it seems like it's always better to play any other victory condition geared civ and only wage war if someone steals an area / wonder you really wanted, they're a military threat that needs to be minimized beforehand or they're nearer to the victory condition of your preference. Unless you're playing a tech focused faction with huge lead I don't see how you can ever hope to win a domination victory.

chop, sell horse archers

if i remembered that i would've told you

spam warriors, wait until the ai shits itself

>After your first victim or two the entire world will hate you for the rest of the game

so what, you've got twice as much territory now. just roll over the next fool

What do you mean by cancer? I've played a few multiplayer games and they've been alright. There are mods that fix some of the glaring balance issues, and the most OP Civs are usually banned.

Games for me have come down to whoever can build a stronghold and sim city for either an advanced offensive or defensive military. If you are stuck between two people who both hate your guys then there is just no winning.

Also most games end in concede rather than actual victory.

Is there really no reason to not just have infinite cities

Whatever happened to luxuries providing limited amenities

Usually I prefer to get a tech lead so I have muskets or field canons that let me easily roll over everyone with earlier tech units.

>run into another faction on turn 3
firaxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

Who is the best race in Stellaris, and why are they starfish?

>1) The God of the Forge pantheon belief is bugged. If anyone uses it, everyone gets the benefit.

is this correct? because lmao

by turn 8 he declares a war on me AND I find another faction

time to search for that ini file

>Is there really no reason to not just have infinite cities

the settlers get expensive enough / the remaining locations are so bad / it's late enough in the game that the payoff time becomes not worth it

otherwise no

Yup. It also helps you abuse the production overflow bug/oversight too.

This game is a fucking mess

What the fuck is going down at Firaxis that they think this is okay.

civ 6 is going to be very successful, financially speaking

well that got about the amount of responses that I expected

maybe I'll try again later

What's the optimal fleet comp these days?

the americans think three carriers and a few missile destroyers but really it's all about subs

>you've got twice as much territory now.
And also humongous happiness + economic issues that you can't alleviate quickly due to lack of luxury trades with other civs, forcing you to either raze the majority of shit you got or spend time building infrastructure with no inherent bonuses to it. If you opt to do the former you only removed one probable competitive civ from the leaderboard and didn't actually benefit from conquering their cities that much (meaning other competitive civs are still doing their thing and they're very angry to top it off), while in the latter case neighbors will start building their armies and setting up preemptive attacks during your downtime.

!!!@@@MEME ALERT@@@!!!

Well, not that I want to defend those chucklefucks, but release deadlines are something that get decided months in advanced, usually by the publisher. It's why you usually hear about delays months ahead of the original release date.

If they get locked out and have to release within a certain timeframe, they're likely crunching to make sure it isn't a technical mess at launch, and write off bugs or wonk that aren't showstoppers as "low priority". And it seems to have worked out for them.

For a niche as small as 4X, it would be better if 2K just gave them the time they need to polish and make everything great. But this is 2K we're talking about here.

When will ES2 become good?

They had a charity livestream with the devs and they didn't even know about the unmet civ declare war bug where it shows as your own civ.

They thought there was another civ that was the same as theirs (Germany), and then when they finally met the real civ they were confused when they declared war on them.

Despite this bug being posted everywhere on the internet by now.

2 years from now.

>raze the majority of shit you got

that's fine. raze away. it's end-game now

oh yeah, they're totally victims of the big bad publisher and not at all completely in on it

It's a bit complicated. Different types of weapons are better against certain late-game threats, so the optimal composition depends. The rule of thumb is that Corvettes and Destroyers handle small stuff (so they use Small weapons) and Cruisers and Battleships handle big stuff (so they use Medium, Large, the unique slot for Battleships, with the occasional PD). Strike Craft is terrible, the regular missiles are okay, torpedoes are shit, all thanks to the PD spam that AI fleets always have.

You can only trade away extra copies and you only need one copy for you own cities. You are supposed to trade the extras.

Some PRO AI strats on display here. Watch and learn.

I don't think the AI even knows it can't attack with embarked land units. or maybe I just got outplayed.

obviously a citizen's arrest while they wait for the coast guard

Is it at all feasible to go non-Domination on Deity?

>Trajan tells me how much he loves me
>is friendly towards me
>charges me with 15 heavy chariots

I was Sparta so it didnt matter much.

>be germany
>china declares war the round we meet
>I shoot his chariot
>he wants peace next time

The AI is worse than ever.

>new game
>want to relax and test out a variety of city build plans to see what works best
>huge map size
>only 1 other civ
>should have lots of time and space to expand in before dealing with my opponent
>see this on turn 16

>Catherine the Alcoholic sends me a mean message about how I'm not spying on people
>It's the ancient era

Diplomacy basically doesn't exist for the first 50 or so turns but by the time it actually does exist you'll have so many negative modifiers that it may as well not exist all over again

we get it, the game is shit

goddamn

Depends how cheesy you want to go, but you might be able to pull science. Religious is impossible unless duel, Cultural might be possible but really really hard.

Delegations count. I was BFF with Catherine because I kept delegations with every civ I met, even got an alliance later in the game.

THE FOG OF WAR CAN SUCK MY DICK
WHO THOUGHT THAT PIECE OF SHIT LOOKED GOOD?

>"Stop discussing Civ in the Civ thread"

>it's end-game now
Yes, I can understand that but I was complaining about early-mid game warmongers like Assyria, Mongolia or England that are almost entirely war focused. If you're not waging war right when they're at their most powerful phase you'll be completely squandering their uniques, but if you do you're setting yourself up for diplomatic and cultural gang rape later on since there's a limit on how fast you can conquer and actually hold onto all the world capitals.

You can discuss the game without rehashing the same points over and over using meme arrows.

You mean we can only discuss the game if we avoid mentioning it's glaring flaws?

There's not much point in saying the same thing we've already heard so many times.