I will never understand billionaires - you have enough money to influence the world

I will never understand billionaires - you have enough money to influence the world.

You could at least influence the entertainment industry. Why the hell would you waste it on your personal private life? Are they that anti-social that they enjoy seeing nothing good on TV, no good music, disgusting sjw tumblrinas all over the place and a generation of idiots?
All that power and everyone thinks money is only for materialistic gains. What happened human imagination.

Insane shut-ins. This is why civilians don't deserve money.
If I could convince at least three billionaires to my ideology then by 2020 we would already be ushering in a paradise.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/business/news/the-man-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-for-25-billion-says-its-made-him-miserable-10479865.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Billionaires don't usually blow time watching TV, or care whats on it.
They like privacy because most people think a billionaire will give them cash if they ask loud enough.

>If I could convince at least three billionaires to my ideology then by 2020 we would already be ushering in a paradise.

delusional mong

i just happen to know a billionaire who's very progressive and funding all the ideology movements around Europe

If I were a billionaire, I'd probably be insanely anti-social as well. I don't give a shit about poor people now and I'm one of them. They're so fucking stupid and most of them don't even try to better themselves, they just blame "the rich" for everything and spend their whole lives asking for handouts and never achieving anything.

If I were a billionaire who cared about influencing th and world I'd devote my time and money towards eradicating the poor

Most people are poor because of rich people though. There's nothing they can do to break out.

Good fuck them

>Most people are poor because of rich people though
Sure they are.
Hey look, there's a nickel!

>I will never understand rich people

That is why you'll never be one.

This post is literally the opposite of what is true.

Well played OP!

/thread

ITT: Stupid degenerate teenagers that would do the same because they're stupid and degenerate.

Enjoy being Notch 2.0 and never delivering even on 1 shitty little promised game.

According to Wikipedia as of 2015 there are 1,826 billionaires world wide. Of those only 46 are under the age of 40. Several hundred are Chinese, Russian, Indian, etc.

Since most will probably be conservative you're looking at a very small number of progressive geezers you're trying to convince. Good luck.

And what would it get you? These days a good movie costs on the order of 300-500 million. Three billionaires probably wouldn't make any sort of meaningful impact on entertainment as a whole even if they spent their whole fortunes on it.

>Nothing they can do to get out
This fucking guy

Billionaires already spend a lot of money trying to spread their ideologies around, but no one will listen.

you havent heard of George Soros

They're only a billionaire because they profit from the status quo, so why would they want to change anything?

They are influencing the World in ways that make them richer all the time. The trick now is to screw people over and have them thank you and suck your cock at the same time.

>Are they that anti-social that they enjoy seeing nothing good on TV, no good music, disgusting sjw tumblrinas all over the place and a generation of idiots?

You assume they watch the same prolefeed as you????

Dude, great music, great films, intelligent discourse is being produced just as much as ever. In fact there's probably more scholarship on Shakespere today than at any point in history, now I don't actually like the Barb, but the point is that they aren't "insane shutins" they are instead in their bubble of finery.

What do you think the average income is of a Rolling Stones concert? It's probably like 3x average in any given country.

Who the fuck do you think can afford to go to a Jazz club? It's rich people.

You've just shown your own ignorance about how the other half can live.

>if we give everyone a million dollars we'll all be RICH!!
protip: if everyone has something, it's not valuable.

OP didn't even give concrete ideas on how he plans to improve the world.

it doesn't matter since money loses its power as it's used.

Spending tons of money on anything just raises the price of that thing, it doesn't necessarily improve the quality or availability of the thing. It just makes the money worth less.

money illusion. Veeky Forums's favorite hobby.

You'd be surprised if you actually had money you'd know that it varies from person to person how one chooses to live. Some rich people live simple lives some not so much depends on how you obtained your wealth and your values and tastes. You people are all so goddamn closed minded think you're right all the time you need neat little boxes of understanding for everything and just parrot whatever you heard that sounded kinda kewl. We have a word for you in my gated community goy.

>good movie costs on the order of 300-500 million
>Boyhood $4 mil
>Whiplash $3.3 mil
>Pulp Fiction $8 mil
>Slumdog Millionaire $15 mil
>Pi $68k
>Supersize Me $65k

I could keep going but come on man. The transformers series and star wars the force awakens are not good movies.

I'm sorry, what's your actual point?
You're clutching at vague insinuations there.

This.

Notch is a prime example of a lottery winner. He's not a self-made man. He has no work ethic, he has no ambition and he has no career. His money will likely be squandered away on indulgence and bad investments at best.. He'll probably panic once he realizes his money is hemorrhaging and try to make some cash grab garbage game like scrolls.

Yup, and that's the only reason arthouse or independent films get made at all.

Although rich people are smart, rather pay for it out of their own pocket like Tom Ford did with his directorial debut A Single Man, they instead lobby the government to create tax-offsets and funding bodies, install themselves on the board of directors and approve the films that they want to see or help their interests.

For example, all those "French/Spanish/Hungarian" film festivals run by the embassies -- marketing for local industries, especially tourism.

billion dollars is not that much

Money can't actually get you influence, it's that those with influence have money.

If Notch started trying to control the news, those who do control the news would frame him as a pedophile or have him die from a "heart attack".

ITT: Retard thread with mostly retarded responses, another day on biz

notch would struggle to ever, EVER spend even close to half of his fortune.

I think you underestimate how much 2.2 billion dollars is.

Reading this rn
independent.co.uk/news/business/news/the-man-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-for-25-billion-says-its-made-him-miserable-10479865.html

What is "that much"

if you want to make a real difference in the world that lasts generations at least 50 billion

Only in the short term. In the long term businesses respond by increasing production.

assuming unlimited resources, yes.

in reality resources tend to be limited.

Billionaires do use their money to shape the world, it's just that most of them use their influence to shape it in a way that enables them to keep their fortune growing and that's obviously not always what's "best" for you and me.

>Dude, great music, great films, intelligent discourse is being produced just as much as ever.
Are you mentally retarded or one of those idiots who think dubstep is the finest genre of music ever created? That crap should have stayed buried back in the 90s before Skrillex's fat ass woke it up. One little asshole influenced a musical taste without really needing money. Same for Pewdiepie in terms of watching video games against actually playing them.

>dubstep is the only musical genre available today
>pewdiepie is the only thing that people can watch today
???

Most companies took the "economy crisis" excuse and started producing shit tier games and animation together with garbage tv series. It seems every movie and tv series influenced by today's generation of young adult actors turns to utter shit. Why was the latest Star Wars movie filled with retarded uneducated and uncultivated teenagers just like you? Just to ruin everything for their sick pleasure. They know they have no talent and no business in there, but they still keep on shoving their fat autistic dicks into the food and ruining everything.

I know this is just a containment board, but if "dudes" like you are the individuals who are going to be freezing 50% of the global money then we're doomed. 50 useless billionaires were enough, we really didn't need 1800+.

I hate this world past 2008. It wasn't just the entertainment industry which took a nosedive... everything got cheaper, even plumbing and construction equipment. We're living in a world of pretentious hipster garbage which everyone keeps happily sucking a bag of dicks just because they added extra shiny lube on it. I hope 2020 ends this garbage.

Luckily this containment board will never see the light of day in terms of monetary value.
From my time spent on Veeky Forums I can guarantee that that there is no responsible, mature, intelligent and moral-driven human on this chinese imageboard capable of making a smart decision. If not even Veeky Forums can do it then what makes you losers think you'll be capable of getting the world out of this shit? You're living in the sewer of the internet, your taste is objectively shit.

>???
Go back to .
Or to the most annoying and self-entitled board on this imageboard.

ya, but user
where is da proofs?
???