/twg/ - Total War General

No one would make a new thread edition
>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - The King & The Warlord Cinematic Announcement Trailer (embed)
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Belegar Ironhammer Quest Battle Let's Play (embed)
[YouTube] Total War: WARHAMMER - Introducing... Squigs (embed)

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/404014/

Previous

first for tomb kings

>mfw patiently waiting to murder Queek

>tfw no code
I..I don't even care, Red duke will deliver ahaha

I hope he's not dead

It is now November. An unbidden chill steals over the forest. The boughs lie heavy with frost, condemned to an early winter. Gaurach-DĂșin in the tongue of the Asrai, it is a time of stillness and a time of dread. The fey spirits to whom the protection and provision of the Asrai is entrusted are consigned to an unshakable somnolence, unable to fulfill their sacred trust. The Wood Elves, deprived of their sturdiest companions, are forced to toil for themselves. It is the final horror. Some kinbands retreat deep into the roots of the wood, unable to countenance debasing labor and the necessity of work. In the halls beneath the Oak of Ages, The Sisters of Twilight nestle close to one another. Many are the Asrai who join their Dryad sisters in pursuit of warmth and the long sleep that stretches across seasons.

But the forest has need of its guardians, and will not abide dereliction of duty. Naieth preaches dire auguries in the early coming of the Season of Stillness. To those who have known Gorposting, Goblins and embarrassing rats, a still greater terror lurks. A great sorcery wrought in rain-cursed Albion will thrust the Asrai to the fore of the outside world's unsightly struggles and toil; The strange world of wageslavery can be ignored no longer.

Wood Elves Soon.

TRUE KING OF EIGHT PEAKS

Aye

Why the hell does wood elf poster post fucking anime girls? The Woof Elf's in Warhammer are barbaric sociopaths that go around burning human settlements, capturing Loli's and Shouto's, and dress like a bunch of Hircine Hunters from Elder Scrolls.

Can Wood Elves love High Elves?

God dammit

I'm truly sorry for all those anons that I tricked into getting the cooldown for keys and missing out on Grombrindal
JUST KIDDING HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA HOLY FUCK BTFO YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS, PRAISE TZEENTCH

Tommorow may or may not be the day

Nice links faggot

THIS ACTION DOES NOT HAVE MY CONESNT

>dumb smelly grobi scum
>king of anything

>mfw impatiently waiting to shank Belegar

Most fashionable:

1. Balthasar Gelt
2. Witch Hunter
3. Bretonnian Knights of the Realm
4. Karl Franz
5. Belegar Ironhammer
6. Prince Siegvald the Magnificent
7. Lore of Wilds Wizard
8. Ungrim Ironfist
9. Lore of Heavens Wizard
10. Kholek Suneater
100. Skarsnik

>tfw they still haven't fixed this

Are there any bridges in Total War:Warhammer?

honelsty that was pretty clever, I'm not even mad

Nope.

th for based user giving me a code

It happened in the lore once and almost destroyed the entire forest.

Replace Wild Wizard with VAMPIRE and I'll agree with this.

>Shogun 2
Soldiers get stuck under bridges every fucking time? Lets put bridges on half the siege maps!
>Empire
Mmmmm yea bridges
>Rome 2
Yup, still haven't fixed those bridges
>Attila
Hoo man these bridges are not any less fucked up
>Warhammer
You know, maybe we should just stop pretending there's nothing wrong and just take the bridges out? I mean, do we really need river battles anyways?

Why do we support this anymore?

what mods?

Divide et Impera with faction unlocks and Bullgodesque unit cards.
Good show.
Unless you're implying that it might be mods causing this bridge issue, in which case please soak your head.

>I mean, do we really need river battles anyways?

Well.

>tfw dont like any of the overhauls but can't be bothered to find all the mods I want and will work together

9B8LW-WD9LF-YRRC5

Thanks a bunch man! I wouldn't kiss you if you were here.

Are beastmen a fun faction to play or is there like a must-have mod to make them tolerable?

thanks I guess, someone got it first though

They're fun because you get to make up for the million times you never got to ambush people in your other campaigns

It starts to lose its flair though when you realize how easy the game is when you ambush everyone

They were more fun before the Devolve nerf. Now they are okay I guess. Gorebull is still fun.

YOU GET TO SHIT ON LAWNS
AND PISS ON HOUSES

>tfw got fucked by cooldown
>decide to try again with some codes from the previous thread, just in case
>one of them still worked

fucking neat

Thanks code user

i'm not mad, I got a code that worked

Same I was pleasantly surprised.

IMN78-JE32V-FKYR3

I accidentally got the code thanks to you. That's nice, I guess.

People are quick as snakes snatching these up.

LG449-FHPHM-2AV0N

:^)

YRRC5-WD9LF-9B8LW

thanks, I eventually got one though by looking at the previous thread
I'm sure someone will enjoy this though

check the archive, there may still be some valid codes

>Bad Rats
Hey, what the fuck?

>bad rats
top fucking kek

>Bad Rats

>target: self
>+36% AP damage (Lords Army)

skaven confirmed

>YRRC5-WD9LF-9B8LW
fucker

It was a 20% off the base game, user.

HOW DO I GITGUD IN WARHAMS?
>build up LL army to a full stack
>go take another settlement in my region so i'm 2/3 looking good
>lay siege to capital owned by dwarves
>they counter attack and I lose so I fall back to replenish and build more units
>Take stack back and seige capital again with the odds in my favor
>turn i'm about to take capital some fucking other dwarf faction underground tunnels into my territory from FoW
>they have a full stack all rank 4 army and lvl 10 lord on like turn 20
>They instantly take my settlement
>Un seige capital and head down to take back my settlement
>stack inside capital makes a mad dash for my other settlement to the north
WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEEEEE

Step 1: don't attack dawi if you know what's good for you.

It's not that you need to gitgud, it's that the AI cheats instead of smarts.

CA a shit.

>Hasn't taken his starting province by turn 20

Is this pasta?

>ones a capital with a full stack
>Full stack of dwarves who also built the fucking ffortification upgrade
>I only have goblins
OK

Why do I love Skarsnik so much?
It's pretty simple when I iz finkin' 'bout it.
Skarsnik izn't just da best character in da War'ammer world, 'ee might just be da greenest character of all time.
Just imaging 'im riding fru da halls of Karak Eight-Peaks, da wind in 'is 'at, 'is mighty Gobbla below 'im.
As 'ee rides fru da World's Edge Mountains, da Stunties soil demselves at 'is very scent.
Dey knows 'ow 'ee smells, da essence of 'is smell iz in da Stunties Book of Grudges unda da name of "Skarsnik Fungusm"
Da very nature of Skarsnik iz mystery.
Could 'ee be playin' a deepa game den even Gork and Mork realizes?
Da answer iz yes, 'ee 'as transcended such boundaries as da written world, and 'as free will to do woteva 'ee seez fit.
'owever, Skarsnik iz filled wiff such cunnin', such morky craft dat 'ee does not even use deese powers.
Why, you might ask? You will neva know, for da mind of Skarsnik iz not one dat iz easily penetrated.
Skarsnik iz such a force of Mork in 'is realm dat nofink can truly touch 'im, da only fink keeping 'im bound to da page at all iz 'is will to exist wiffin da preordained boundaries of 'is world.
Skarsnik iz not only beyond da compre'enssiun of us, 'ee exists wiffin a plane of true gorkiness and morkiness.
Observe 'is playful smile, 'is gorgious and rippling Gobbla, 'is gallant nose, and most importantly, 'is eyes.
'is eyes, like pools of shinies, provide da only glimpse into da true maschinassiuns of Skarsnik. Do not stare into dem. Many good boyz 'ave gone dead in da attempt.
Skarsnik iz not just a character, a formless collectiun of words and images, 'ee 'imself iz da binding dat 'olds da Warhammer world togeva.
Wiffout Skarsnik, da entire War'ammer world, da entire Games Workshop as we knows it crumbles.
No Stunties or Ratboys would be stomped wiffout Skarsnik and Karak Eight-Peaks would become a desolate crater wiffout 'is iron fist.
Deese are just of a few of da reasons why I like Skarsnik so much.

>He hasn't occupied and razed every settlement on the map possible

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING I accidentally posted this on the wrong board just fuck my whole life up lads

Are you playing as Skarsnik.

yes

>Hello, friend. I couldn't help but notice that the barbarian tribes hailing from Persian, and Turco-Mongol territories have ruined our Macedonian masters.

>Indeed, perhaps now that the mightiest military power in the world no longer exists, us Greeks can finally rise to world relevance.

which board

Skarsnik?
More like
garbage

Well, play one of the easy campaigns first if you don't know shit about Total War.

It pisses me off when legendary heroes like Skarsnik get traits like 'Likes Dawi'

FUCKING DELETE THIS

>not liking Dawi

Grudgin

If he didn't like Dawi why would be so obsessed with living in a Dwarven hold?

Divide and Conquer is run by a faggot it seems.

Grombrindal is really OP lads

It's comfy.

well at the least he'd be familiar with them. Rise of the Horned Rat does a great job of portraying the eclipse of teh eight peaks saga and Skarsnik is one of the first to feel deep remorse over Belegar's unworthy death.

Remember to leave Red Duke's group if you get a code.

*it aint me starts playing*

Dwarfs are by definition useless pieces of squig shit so they need an op lord to compete with even the lowliest Goblin.
It's just fair

But thats forbidden love!

How so?

He just fucks everyone up and doesnt die

But he can barely 1v1 an Orc warboss

WHy are Hammerers so bad?
Why are Dwarves in general really bad?

Except dank af Quarellers

Gyrocopters are good, but the lack of cavalry is tough to handle.

No cavalry or reliable ways of dealig with cavalry. Also their artillery, which should be OP to compensate for their shit manouverabilty is actually mediocre.

Because CA is inept and decided to completely ignore the already meticulous tabletop balancing in favour of their own shitty balancing. They could (and should) have just carbon-copy translated the tabletop stats but decided against it. That's why Hammerers are garbage, that's why Marauders are worse than fucking empire swordsmen.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TWG

>meticulous tabletop balancing

wew lad

Ironbreakers are good.

But it's pretty boring just forming a line of them, waiting for the enemy to mass into it and then slowly, slowly, moving other stuff to flank.

>meticulous tabletop balancing

Warhammer Fantasy and 40K is as balanced as a drunk polar bear on a ski.

>Merticulous tabletop balancing
I have never played Tabletop: The Post

What units are OP/useless in tabletop?

Just a reminder. High elves are coming. We bitch now about broken shit, but high elves are coming.

Which edition?

Slayers

>CA says no DLC for DLC
>in six months when we have Skaven with fucking Doomwheels and High Elves on fucking dragons, beastmen and Chaos will be left in the dirt due to powercreep
>Grombrindal isn't a symptom of powercreep, it's proof

Gee whiz batman i sure do wish CA were just a tiny bit less jewish

the one the game's based on (8th?)

there is literally nothing wrong with being jewish

2nd biggest army in the old world

I disrespectfully disagree.

Centigors, Slayers and Helstorms were useless.
Elves were universally broken, and nearly every faction had some form of garbage unit.