>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPoBVlBE_Gc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck video games

Twinblades most fun weapon in the souls series, Beastcutter 2nd most fun weapon, followed shortly after bc is the baldur side sword and then the rest of the trick weapons

DaS2 dragonform looks the best, das1 dragonform looks like a dog that needs to be put down. Dragon cultist armor > matted fur dragon > anorexic dying deer dragon

>calling invaders grievers
neo-/dsg/ ladies and gentlemen

Hexes are awesome for PVE, and still really good for PVP. Great Resonant Soul no longer does 2000 damage, and normal Resonant Soul isn't worth it at all, but Dark Orb, Dark Hail, and Dark Weapon are all fantastic spells. I would say Orb is the best general-purpose projectile in the game.

Counter question: What are the strong points of DaS1? What does it do better than the other games? The only thing that comes to mind is area interconnection, with I consider to have a fairly small effect on the actual gameplay.
Bosses? BB blows it out of the water.
Regular PvE? Lets not forget post-anal rodeo DaS, DeS and BB have much better pacing, and in terms of individual areas DaS3 is at least as good.
PvP? The balance is abysmal and is only second to DeS in terms of how broken some things are.
Atmosphere? DeS and BB lore are much more coherent.
I love DaS like any other game in the serious, but I'm baffled by how some people have enough audacity to claim it's "the best".

>grievers

Farusa, please.

I have a delicate constitution

>DeS and BB lore are much more coherent.
But also much more straightforward and leave less room for alternative interpretations, at least in DeS' case

help I'm being bullied

Combat. If you think about it DaS2 and DaS3 combat is closer to DeS combat.

I cover my face in shame every time I get read and parried

>tfw feel when reached Duel Gold with bandit's knife

pcfcbf

Trick weapon versatility is still superior. There are very few weapons that share any moves at all, like maybe untricked ludwigs/kirk and the two saws and that's about it.

where?!

Well, I suppose fun is of course subjective and we've all played some game in our lives we enjoyed that no one else gives a damn about.

Also, sorry I thought it was a /dsg/ meme to not include or be hateful to BB. I understand if you don't have it or haven't played it why you wouldn't include it.

Skill, Skill/blt, faith/blt, faith, str/int, str, quality. Seems about as varied as the rest of the series, especially when most of your builds in each game seem to saddle up in one or two little areas just the same. Just the nature of meta.

Also, replay value in these games is personal preference. I think 2/3 has least replay value, but I have DeS, DaS, and BB installed all the time. I only reinstalled DS3 for the dlc.

DeS has some interesting lore theories though, whereas the fact that 3 ignores 2 means that unlike 2 which builds on 1 (albeit in a copout and shitty manner) 3 can't really be said to be coherent with the whole series, and 3's story is pretty shit so far outside of the DLC.

1's was nice but there's no need or reason to continue its story.

1 was the story of you figuring out what happened. The party went down long before you arrived, and you put together the pieces as you either fall into the trap or subvert the trap of taking on the flame.

2 was adding to it by using a nearly nihilistic move, that was corrected and routed somewhere mildly interesting but more linear akin to DeS and BB in the DLC.

3 is more open, but I think it's because it is the end. Let you interpret the end however it pleases you. I still haven't heard a lore layout that made fucking sense to me.

kek, sorry to the pyromancer I trapped in the corner.

People are actually falling for perseverance into lightning storm fairly often.

>mfw picking up black flame for the first time and raping bosses with it

>bb blows das3 out of water
No? Most bosses in BB have annoyingly obvious blind spots (Laurence) or can be staggered chained into death even on NG+6. Look at both darkbeasts, look at one reborn, look at maria, these are bosses that COULD HAVE been good, but for some reason From decided otherwise. Then you have fights like Ludwig, Kos, and Gehrman. Which I'd argue are the ONLY good fights the game has to offer, but even they are plagued with the same issues as most BB bosses. Kos stands like a retard for 3 seconds after each attack, even in phase 2. He's no where near as aggressive as Champ, SoC, or Elfriede in DaS3. Kos also shares a very bad design flaw in which he can be perma-stunlocked with backstabs and before you pull the b-b-b-but don't backstab arguement you need to realize bosses need to take into account in game mechanics so they aren't easily exploited. Take Elfriede and Champ, both well designed fights but ruined because Champ is so easy to parry and Elfriede offers her back all the time. Gehrman suffers from being staggerable and parryable, and subsequently Maria suffers from this as well. The common strategy for both Phase1 Gherman and all of Maria is press R1 twice, then shoot them when they get recover for guaranteed parry into visceral. You'd think they learn from Gwyn to not make the final boss parryable but even in Phase 2 Gehrman is just as easy to parry as Champ is in Dark Souls 3.

(Cont'd 1/2)

>soul memory 1.6 mil

Where do I put my sign down to get 25 sun medals

Dlc arena was a misstake.

>using black flame on NK
>assloads of damage and every fourth flame or so staggers him

Rate me

>bb blows das3 out of water
But the argument was about DaS1.

meme head/10

leggings look a little goofy imo. i'd go with something cloth-based

collage man pls take my Veeky Forums

In what, team arena/brawl?

cont 2/2
That leaves Ludwig to discuss, who I think is the most overrated boss in the entire series. He got a cool cutscene which changed his entire character and boss fight and everyone likes to pretend he's the hardest shit or the best boss fight in souls. I think it's mostly because he's the first boss fight of the DLC and since the DLC was on such a level higher than the base game everyone let their first impression of him get the better of him (same happened with Elfriede, remember how everyone was talking about "oh elfriede is LITERALLY the hardest souls boss in the entire series" now look at her she's a joke) Ludwig is the very same, people died to him a lot learning his fight, which is true for most souls bosses and they took that as a testiment to him being hard. I understand people have different experiences and what not but it bothers me to no end when people keep hyping him up as the best souls boss. Phase 2 makes his attacks much more obvious and he has an attack where he stands still for 7 seconds where you can wail on him. The only issue he had was his dick had an active hitbox during his sideswipe for some reason so you had to look at for, which caught a lot of people off guard because that was das2 levels of hitbox fuckery

BB is about on par with DaS3 in terms of boss, I'd argue BB has a much more unique world since the medieval fantasy setting has been done to death and thats why it get's its appeal. I think BB is the best because of it's unique combat system, so don't get me wrong I don't hate the game. Just think the game isn't much better than the others in the boss department

I don't like this arena ;_;

Anyone want to bully Friede with me?
pass: bully

>mfw blasting dark hails at nashandra and elana and doing tons of damage even though they're resistant to dark magic
>tfw brute forcing stuff in a souls game

I was expecting pyro to be throwing piddly fireballs at stuff all game. If I get hit I get fucked because lmaonovig (right now anyway) but if I dodge well I'm absolutely shitting out damage.

>fighting Tsonigger after the poise "fix"

>Forget to get all the free levels from the jew before Yuria showing up
>Heal the sigil to not look like a zombie even though I wanted to do the lord of hollows ending in this character
>Yuria doesn't want to talk to me anymore
How can I fuck it all up so much

Mostly, but also in 1on1. The lack of absorption usually means I'm basically killing myself when I cast it but perseverance covers most of it with an extra ~35% resist, which is nice.

>dlc are extra resistant to damage from spells
>assume reimu would have high dark defense
>still chunking him with orb
it's just too good, the ranged equivalent of a ccs

Bossfags are cancer, I don't understand why anyone would play souls games just for the "Bosses", go play Monster Hunter or Soul Eater instead. These games aren't designed to be hard by any sense of the word, that was just a marketing/advertising ploy/meme to trick people into buying the game to prove they were "hardcore"

He could do literally nothing against my BKS

Forgotten Graves.

>Great Heavy Soul Arrow damage
>Great Soul Arrow cast speed
>Double the number of uses of GH Soul Arrow at minimal attunement
>Element that fewer enemies are resistant to
makes you think

Just kick him when he blocks 2Hing his Fume or parry him when he isn't 2Hing.

Daily reminder that out of 126 bosses, only 2 of them are good.

>he plays for the "competitive" ""pvp""

>hyper armor
>on the dual tryhard katanas

It's easier than ever now to spam the weapon art, thanks From

Thanks for hosting the FC and thanks Moe for the fights. Done for now.

Just go talk to Velka.

DaS has the best "open" world to autism roleplay in addition to having an atmosphere comparable or beyond Demon's Souls. I love STALKER and Dark Souls feels to me like a medieval fantasy counterpart of it so the open-endedness of DaS1 makes me feel the most at home.

Did anyone use lifedrain patch in Das2 pve? Was it good against anything?

thanks fags

Bye Farusa!

See you next time

You can hurt co-op hosts with it so it's a good troll weapon.

Why would I play a series for a mini-game that was added merely as a side thought?

I play the souls games for the exploration, discovery and the lore. All games are so easy to let yourself lose yourself to immersion and live the story through your silent character. Having the freedom to explore and make decisions that can impact the world is what appeals to me. I really enjoy how the souls series handles itself by not telling you straight up what you need to do and is usually vague and leaves it up to the player. The single player is the most important aspect of the game, invasions were a unique idea but ultimately ruined due to people's natural tendency to be giant cunts. These games are best played offline.

Next you'll probably respond with >lorefag or something along the lines thereof, but tbqhidgaf

>decide to try new spells
>can't deal with the difference in scrolling through them another slot has caused
this is the worst

Alright, i've got to head out now, so that's it for me.

Thanks for hosting, Bomarrash!

And thank you all for the fights!

>you need to realize bosses need to take into account in game mechanics so they aren't easily exploited
every boss in the franchise can be easily exploited, fuckface
this doesn't make champ, friede or orphan anyhow worse

Cute!

If you're on PC there was a guy from this thread that made a thing that lets you hotkey the spells. I think.

Just got invaded by Oroboro and Akira at the same time. Killed them both.

Should I start a youtube channel/streaming?

Ds1 has the best overall design to the game, the decision between whether you shield, roll, attack, or heal is what it all comes down to. And if you dont do the right one at the right time the game will punish you for it. Rolls have ending lag to make them actual spot dodges and not spam evasion, shields are great granted you have the stamina, estus is slow as shit and if yolo'd in someones face you're gonna get rocked.

Where the sequels go wrong is that estus is fast as shit and more spammable literally in peoples faces and rolls are basically invulnerable when spammed. Then they nerf shields for some reason and the game's balancing act between attack/defend/dodge/heal is all fucked up. You basically never need to shield cause rolling is so strong and healing is way faster than it has any need to be. Put it all together and you get a game where you spam roll, spam attack and spam heal whereas in Ds1 you have to make the correct decision and making the right or wrong one can make or break a situation

Yes.

Just post a webm for the amusement of your fellows

>get summoned for pontiff on my pyro
>host is also a pyro
>he summons another phantom that's also one
sully had no chance

>nerf shields for some reason
maybe it's because a heater shield in ds1 was enough to tank virtually anything pve throws at you and anything with higher stability allowed virtually invalidate any offense against you?
nerfing shields was a completely valid decision, i'd say they are still too strong, especially greatshields

Except it does, because it means the entire boss is made irrelevant due to these oversights. Gwyn isn't a very formidable boss because of parries, Champ, and Gehrman are in the same boat. Friede and Orphan both are missed opportunities, I'd argue Orphan moreso because all it takes is one charged R2 to the back in phase two and you pretty much won the fight.

Also you're already arguing in favor of my point, the bosses are about equal in the series and aren't as hard or challenging as people make them out to be.If you want truly difficult fights you would play games that take a little bit more care into their fights like MH/Soul Eater, Ninja Gaiden or DMC.

Oroboro was tumblebuffing his MLGS with Crystal Magic Weapon as well.

I'm still playing with my buddies at the moment, WebM coming later.

Kalameet and Nameless?

Thanks for coming out to the Untended Graves fc. That's it for now.

>you get interrupted mid ultra weapon animation to get backstabbed

this should be not possible, it's so fucking bullshit

Ludwig and Kalameet

Now that the loser FC is over where's the arena

>Kalameet is good meme

Thanks host!

What do I do with the Santier's Spear

What were you using? Oroboro is streaming right now..

>summoning 3 people for pontiff

>kalameet is bad meme

0. Break it
1. Put on stone ring
2. Two hand it
3. R1R1R1

I've just realized that /d3g/ been dead for months

I heard it got nerfed, is it still good/better than red iron?

>Kalameet

>go into brawl to test out 2H crow quills moveset
>of course it's a fucking pyro
>too bad for him it's 1v1 brawl

If this is how you want to play, this is how we can play, asshole.

Wow that's a slick fucking screenshot. Mind if I steal it for posting/background?

They're different. Red Iron has more pure damage, but Santier's has better moveset.

>instead of getting good, I'll just use a hard counter weapon!
Metafags, not even once.

>shields
>not responsible for making the game a complete and utter joke
youtube.com/watch?v=wPoBVlBE_Gc

Fuck. Would that fix Yuria not talking to me?
I just killed her... Thought she would disappear if I left the Shrine.

>hard = good
when it comes to souls games, presentation, atmosphere and music are much more important to bosses than difficulty because there's not a single boss in the entire franchise that doesn't have some sort of exploit that makes him completely trivial to beat though this is absolutely the same for vast majority of games excluding some real and ultra rare hardcore as fuck examples and those are usually not fun to fight at all like a fucking demifiend in DDS1 which is a boring as shit 1.5 hour grind

if you debunk friede, ludwig or any other great souls boss just because you're too much of a hardcore gaymer to enjoy their boss fights then your taste is just a plain fucking shit, it's that simple

thanks for hosting!

Sure, I take more pictures than a white tourist, I'm full of them

Oh and Santier's has infinite durability. The way twinblades work is not very good for durability. The multi hit attacks drain it like there's no tomorrow.

>Meme grab attack instead of Vestiges
And it wasn't even a decent pyro

Santier's it is then, since I'm going to be doing PVE

>tumblebuff
>not patched out

NANI?!

Red-Hilted Halberd plus a Black Knight Shield. My buddy was using Lorian's UGS.

>instead of getting good, I'll just run away and throw fireballs and snakes all day and poise trade if they get close!

Cry more for me, pyroshitter

>tfw teamed up with bloodshades
>Current month