/domg/ - Dominions General

2hu Edition

Previous thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Never create shitty threads with political images
>Work on your blogs, videos, and the wiki

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CastInTheNameOfBobYeNotGuilty
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/312265672107250359/?ctp=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank god it's not another political image

I knew you'd like it bby

how'd that fomoria/hinnom fight go?

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CastInTheNameOfBobYeNotGuilty

Are you game?

Very, very quietly.

Just waiting on the hotfix before the game starts

I was lying the entire time. I wanted to hit machaka when he made a move on my provinces.

Machiavellian as fug my man

Is casting Communion Master/Slave, Summon Earthpower, Flight, Earthquake, Earthquake (spells) a valid strategy?

It'll also need to wait for Sum1 to accept my changes after I make the hotfix

Yomi Waiting for 2h file
Kailasa Waiting for 2h file
Hinnom 2h file received
R'lyeh Waiting for 2h file
Machaka Waiting for 2h file
Fomoria Waiting for 2h file

Step it up.

Thank you. Just as well too, Hinnom sent a Ba'al with a shadow brand, a vine shield, a dragon helmet, copper plate, winged shoes, girdle of might and ring of regeneration and I'm not sure how to deal with him.
Dont expect too many turns from me tonight. I am tired as fuck and have shit to do tomorrow.

Frozen Heart.

Actually scratch that, I have a plan.

Curse + either chaff or PD

a couple of afflctions will teach him who's the boss of this gym

No, it takes way too long and is exhausting. Try to use crystal matrixes, earth boosters and ring of levitation.

Yes it is don't listen to the other guy. I've communioned E2S1s up for army of gold.

Protip: his Ba'al cannot advance against basic skeleton spam, unless he's changed him up significantly. Hinnom and I had a really funny battle where my squid cast raise dead over and over and his giant killed the skellies but couldn't move forwards.

So, asking again.

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/1/312265672107250359/?ctp=1

1. Agartha/Mari
2. R'lyeh/Pelagia
3. Nazca/Asphodel
4. Pan/Bandar
5. Jotun/Mictlan
6. Caelum/Arco
7. Vanheim/Vanarus
8. Ashdod/Abysia
9. Ulm/Man
10. Sceleria/Ermor

Whose got this. What memes can be expected from each team, i.e. try to predict the wonder builds.

He sent another Ba'al with much the same gear apart from messenger boots. The non flying one is now good and horror marked though.

>Sceleria/Ermor
I sure wonder.

hinnom do you really want trisia that badly

Sceleria is going to have a rough time when all his population starts to die.

This is a newbie game, right? Learning to not kill your population seems like a pretty good lesson to me.

Its supposed to be an experienced player/scrub player team up.

Not possible. Apparently their team started without a sempai considering they thought it would be smart to make Ermor the pretender.

Of course, its summod, so they run into the conundrum that to get extra D gems Ermor *has* to be the pretender. Or, Ermor is the second weakest nation in summod disciples (Oceania is still worse).

Posted in last thread without noticing we had a new one, so reposting my response.

>Whose got this.
I'm betting on Mictlan/Jotunheim.

Jotunheim is the best MA blood nation and Mictlan will be extremely strong once their ally gets them into blood.

>try to predict the wonder builds.
Most of the choices have fairly obvious plans, but I'm not sure what Ashdod/Abysia and Nazca/Asphodel are planning.

Nazca/Asphodel might just have been a case of them wanting to snatch up two strong nations, but I really don't see how Ashdod/Abysia go together well.

Sorry to disappoint those expecting more fast turns but unless I get a new turn in like 10 seconds I must go to sleep.

What do you expect from Man/Ulm?

what's stopping Jotunheim/Mictlan from getting punched in the face for being super rushable?

Other than the power that is Malakal bitching in thread about how weak he is and people should attack X instead?

Hello my friends. =)

The war continues on, BUT! I have found a bug. =(

Specifically, I have a temporary death gem making item whose sprite appears to be a penis?

Or the two UW nations?

let me guess, summod again?

Remember, a wizard's staff has a knob on the end

Strange combo with Man getting Knights of Avalon in magic 2 forests and Ulm being dependent on gold/prod scales but utilizing drain as a dump 9 times out of ten.

I believe that is from a copy of summod that someone else has fucked with. Same thing happened to me but I had no sprite and it made the game crash.

If you look at summod's sprites directory, it actually has three dicks: a limp dick, an erect dick, and a black dick.

wtf keep the silliness in magic enhanced

Reminder to always rush malakals.

Hol up. Isn't that map for more than 2 UW nations?

3 UW nations but no one wanted to join me under da sea

Oh, and another strange bug - Jomon's army in 84 does not appear on the overland map. I checked his commanders' items, and it doesn't look like he has anything to hide troops. Some of the amazons were shrunken, but... nothing has glamor. Very strange! =)

Aha, yes, I remember. Then Llamaserver apparently is playing on that version of summod instead of the normal 0.70.

That also explains the penis then. I believe I had renamed one of them to get around that same crash.

Okay, all makes sense now. =) When I take this gem gen into battle, other people may crash if they do not have a sprite with the appropriate name in their summod folder, though.

That's moggers' addition to summod.

They had to fuck with it a bit because no one wanted to be gangbanged underwater.

Full scales for their pretender.

In terms of strategy, I'm expecting Ulm to focus on fighting the direct battles with enemy armies while Man does stealthy stuff and raids enemy provinces.

I'm definitely hoping that does happen, but I think they have by far the strongest picks if they can survive earlygame.

Rushing cancer globals. Their team name seems to be a reference to the /domg/ team in community clash.

Do you want to pick a third water nation and fight by yourself against a Pelagia and R'lyeh team?

our girl

Literally who?

That means six free extra provinces for both of you guys.

I don't know why you don't think nazca and asphodel won't work, both enjoy a double bless and asphodel can buy their mages all game long since they won't die from pop kill. As for Ashdod abysia I see a pretty simple N9E4 scales build that will work for both

>veno

Which gives more money and and more magic gems...

>It actually worked

Holy shit you fucking dotards are so dumb.

the name is reference to Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver series

So when Pink said he could recruit kthonian reanimators and trolls he wasnt lying.

kelly is our girl!!

Whats he thinking right now?

Pelagia can further generate pearls from water gems...

lol why are np taking this game so seriously? eg are treating it like a pug

>yourocuck supports

R'lyeh...

This is /domg/ not /d2g/

>"""""""passive""""""" bots
>enemy Viper bot actively goes out of his way to constantly harass me with his venom shit

Uhhh, dotards?

/!\ REMINDER /!\

/d2g/ runs this fucking board

/!\ REMINDER /!\

>aui is a good carry

lol why are eg taking this game so seriously? np are treating it like a pug

>I don't know why you don't think nazca and asphodel won't work
It's not that I think they don't work. Both are good nations, and removing asphodel's popkill will help them a lot.

It's that I don't see an obvious synergy between them, so I'm not sure what they're planning to do for their pretender.

>both enjoy a double bless
That's news to me, I've never heard of Asphodel taking more than W9.

F9 and D9 seem to be more in favor for nazca, and neither is used on centaurs.

>As for Ashdod abysia I see a pretty simple N9E4 scales build that will work for both
That sounds reasonable for Ashdod, but I don't see Abysia getting much out of it.

I can't think of a better alternative, but if they were just going to take a bless for ashdod and scales, why pick Abysia?

Pythium, T'ien Ch'i, and C'tis were all available, stronger than Abysia (in my opinion), and get similar benefits out of a N9E4 bless.

OwO what's this??

>hinnom massing dawn guards
>not a single chariot

is this army supposed to be for fomoria? you'd better not be coming to monkey isalnd without your chariots

>this is what animeposters actually think

pythium and T'ien Ch'i I agree, but c'tis nah but c'tis loses out on it's special dominino bonuses as a disciple and hurts their teammate if it's a pretender, As for F9D9 I say F9 is a shit bless on nazca from personal experience, they really do like W9. D9 only really works if they go for mass supuyas but if they do do mass supuyas that's just another arguement for dual bless which will turn BCs into early game monsters too

>Clown9
Clown9
>Clown9
Clown9
>Clown9
Clown9
>Clown9
Clown9

Awe is better against chariots than the great-morale dawn guards

its 13 morale and summod pillarmen have awe 2 plus blessing

at least a lucky cart can squash a few

>at least a lucky cart can squash a few
They have to make a morale check to trample my dude. Awe is one of the better counters to most tramplers.

The team with Sceleria would have been better off picking Ys than summod Ermor.

Not that Ys would be a good option, but any choice (sans Oceania) was better than Ermor. Maybe even Oceania.

Oceania would still have been a better nation. It would have been a worse PICK, given that there's the R'lyeh/Pelagia team, but the nation itself would've been better

Cheeky cunt

okay if you insist then that's the plan

is this even hinnom?

He didn't use the penis. That was my modification to prevent a crash =)

I'm not, no. Hinnom posts under his own name. I'm just pointing out that chariots are actually very bad against your sacreds and that dawnguards are better as far as melee goes.

So you're expecting D9W9 from Asphodel/Nazca?

>pythium and T'ien Ch'i I agree, but c'tis nah
Well, regardless, the point is that their choice would be suboptimal if they were just planning to take N9E4.

So either they messed up or I'm missing something.

The fuck? No. D9 is a shit bless and neither of them need the high D casting.

Especially given the fact that Supaya already have magic weapons.
I can definitely see a W9 being taken though.

not D9, more for an argument that a double bless it not a nogo because of how good BCs are

Given its Carlix I''m expecting a W9B9 desu.

b9 supayayayaya are annoying af

What site frequency is usually used in mp games?

it depends

default is default, but it's one of the settings that's more likely to be increased outside of 'meme' games

also FUCK THIS CAPTCHA TOOK ME 5 TRIES WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK I DID IT RIGHT EVERY TIME

Steel_Domg_Run starting soon?

waiting on hotfix, sum1won fucked up bats again

Actually, illwinter's terrain recruitment changes are responsible.

he also gave supaya mr hard negates weapons by accident.

Technically, I gave them mr negates weapons, and then a later change made that no longer work.