/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

OP: pastebin.com/KQeXXZ3i (not fully updated)

last thread

>start 4x game with grand ideas of forming a wonderful empire
>20 minutes hit by crushing wave of apathy and exit to windows

I don't know any more

Fuck diplomacy.

DUDE PLANTS LMAO

Stellaris

>mining network 2
>90 minerals for 1 mineral return

hmm

What a fantastic OP picture

Reminder that your parents love you.

>being this poor

They've got a funny way of showing it.

It doesn't matter whether I have 90 minerals or 90,000 minerals, it still takes a total of 8 years (including construction time) to get any return on my investment

My mom literally called me a hitler youth, gustapo nazi little shit because I asked her to not feed my dog cheese because the thing gets the runs. I think something is mentally wrong with her.

Had some xenophile FE awaken, they've taken somebody next door over and everyone else is so threatened by them they've now all got mutual defence pacts.
So in threatening to impose a galactic peace they've ironically scared everyone into ganging up together.

In response to

>be relaxing in my space empire researching and chill
>suddenly fanatical purifiers declare war on me
>defend myself and protect my galaxy by wiping them out
>somehow I'M the bad guy

I'm sure there are two sides to this story. Are you, in fact, a Hitler youth, Gestapo Nazi little shit?

>I think something is mentally wrong with her.
If this is true, you owe it to her to get her some help.

my game crashes when the next turn is about to begin. (turn 326)
I'm almost done with domination on diety. What do?

my parents are dead

kek, I wish I was because then those words wouldn't be so burned into me and as to how a mother can be like that.

I am legit scared of her and I have no idea where to start, my dad is a mess because of her being like that to him for at least half a decade now. He thinks something along the lines of; sometimes you have to just be nice even if someone is really nasty to you (his words).

I mostly play games to escape.

Faster than that if you have any modifier to mineral production or build cost.

Haven't played that many games, but most seem to last longer than 8 years.

In Eu4 I've built buildings that take 83 years to return my investment.

>Pays for itself after 45 months.
>If you don't build it you will eventually be outproduced by your enemy

Gotta spend money to make money senpai.

Sounds like exactly as planned to me.

Yes you've played Stellaris games that last more than 8 years, funny

It's an option that should only be considered if you have literally no other possible source of investment, unless you happen to have some great mineral/building modifiers

You could have just liberated them, creating an empire who's leaders are friendly to you, but who's pops will constantly be unhappy, thus preventing them from ever being a threat to anybody.

how the fuck do I compose a fleet?
I keep engaging fleets with lower combat power and losing

>build cruisers
>?????
>win

In Civ? You move ships next to each other, click on one and the option to make fleets should appear

>It's an option that should only be considered if you have literally no other possible source of investment, unless you happen to have some great mineral/building modifiers
It's funny how wrong you are

And yet you have nothing to say

why

>Stellarite Devourer directly adjacent to my home

NICE

Um.

Well, I hope it all works out for you user.

Oh I've said a few things.
You're dumb though so those things didn't even register for you.

You should look into the stanford marshmellow experiment.
Then get one of your smarter friends to explain it to you.
Then get one of your friends to explain it to you.*

I go with like,

>Battleships with kinetic artillery and amoebas
>2 cruisers with torpedoes and amoebas for every battleship
>2 destroyers with kinetic artillery and flack artillery for every cruiser
>2 torpedo corvettes for every destroyer

No idea if this is optimum, but I haven't suffered any major embarrassments with it. It's always been able to win against fleets with equal or lesser combat power.

kinetic weapons seem to be the best all around weapon at any tech level in 1.3, but strike craft and torpedoes are situatonaly better. The fact that hangars are now tied to point defenses means that there isn't much reason not to bring them along as they will protect your capitals while also raping enemies who forgot point defenses of their own.

If I don't have lategame tech I improvise, interceptor corvettes and broadside cruisers if torpedoes aren't available yet, and if amoebas aren't available then my cruisers will carry fighters or scouts, and my battleships will carry an equal mix of fighters and bombers for a 3:1 ratio overall.

Sometimes I give my battleships spinal weapons, but overall they have a lower DPS than the pair of Kinetic artillery which you can put in the same slot. The only advantage is 20km extra range, which isn't much of an issue when you already have so many.

This is just my experience though. If anybody has a better build I'd like to hear it. I'm actually wondering if a combination of cruisers with artillery+hangars and corvettes with torpedoes would be simpler.

>civ6
>build one wonder
>CHINA HAS DENOUNCED YOU
>get a few compulsory delegates here and there
>use em on different city states
>GREECE HAS DENOUNCED YOU
>GERMANY HAS DENOUNCED YOU
>find sparta and cleopatra
>BOTH DENOUNCED YOU FOR BEING WEAK
>bump into ghandi and roosevelt
>GHANDI AND ROOSEVELT HAVE DECLARED WAR ON YOU
>have two luxuries literally forever
>MONTEZUMA HAS DENOUNCED YOU
Am I doing something wrong? Literally everyone hates me all the time. How do I get people to like me?

I have like seven empires that are various flavors of humans, and then a Qt3.14 moth dictatorship.

How does one become creative?

Your mistake was playing a civilization game and expecting AI that wasn't an asshole.

You're not taking opportunity cost into account, you will get a better return elsewhere

You should calm down

I never expected it to be great, but even in V the Civs tend to form little makeshift "factions" and ostracize warmongers
In 6 even if you never ever go to war everyone always hates you forever.

I've had games on Civ V where I've been doing badly and the AI have all buddied up with me, for not causing trouble. On VI they just don't give a shit.

underrated post.

Does anybody have a mod for Stellaris that raises the Leader cap? The only ones I can find on non-workshop are out of date and make the game crash. Same with editing defines.

are you using notepad++ to edit

What traits/ethics/government would the Fremen from Dune have (post first book, pre second book)?

Spiritual and collectivist

Divine Mandate

Theocratic Republic or Direct Democracy?

-10% food consumption seems more powerful than +15% leader experience gain

Thrifty or Industrious maybe, Communal, Sedentary
Collectivist-Spiritualist-Militarist
Divine Mandate

>some fuck delete his flag mod from the workshop
>has to remake all the flags of my 15 custom empires

Alright so I've been looking on the wiki and on the steam forums but no one's specifically mentioned this, just empire happiness as a whole but in Age of Wonders 3 is there a way to increase racial happiness other than just migrating cities? I want to switch a few cities around but that'd get me a net loss on racial happiness.

Will Terror bombing kill all of the pops on a planet given enough time?

I was lazy.

Should've put a civ6 image in front of the stellaris and civ5 images.

It's been a while since I played but if I recall correctly you could terraform or change the weather of hexes, so the more liked hexes around a city the lower the disliked terrain penalty gets.

Which mod is that? Maybe there's some backups.

>25 tile planet with affinity for my people
>find Cornucopia anomaly on it

I mean it's cool and all, but what's the point if I can't export food?

You can export people

Make it export people.
Make it the base for all your future colonization efforts.

That will increase the happiness of just the city, the latest dlc they put out adds racial governance which is how fondly each of the races feel about you, including independents and enemies. You get more governance points if you have a city of one of the races and it is multiplied by how much they love/hate you as an entire race.

>How do I get people to like me?
You don't.

If you have to, give them gold (not gpt), use same government type, fill out their agendas. send a trade route, suck their dick. You'll still get denounced 2 turns after meeting someone if they're on previous generation of governments, though. Might as well not bother and just see about having one butt buddy you constantly renew friendship with, it's usually enough.

That sounds awful.

It would be if you didn't get dank level ups with huge bonuses from it. If you focus on just one race it's piss easy to get them to cheerful and have all your units get an ezpz +200 morale as well as a bunch of economy and unit upgrades. With 2 it's still sort of easy but you'll basically be splitting the goodwill and with any more you basically can't boost it since you'll have so few cities that won't hurt the relations you need if you migrate.

Is the migration happiness permanent?

I've legit never seen my mom alive and dad died 16 years ago when I was 5

All racial happiness is permanent, so in my image you can see migrating gives +50 to whoever your migrating but -100 to whoever you kicked out. To get it back to neutral I'd have to migrate Tigrans into 2 cities.

>/civ4xg/ - blogs and socializing

Just roll with it desu

That's rough.
Haven't played aow3 since vanilla.

I guess you could sacrifice a few races to get your happiness up, but switching around doesn't seem viable.

Why does Trajan look like such a fuccboi?

Has Firaxis said anything about a patch yet? I really want to play but the AI really puts me off, last game I played Arabia was spamming settlers at me to get a couple horses between two of my cities. It was retarded.

Since when can you export people? Did Stellaris become a fun game?

Because he doesn't need to compensate for anything. ROME STRONK

Question: Does settling on a resource in CIV6 destroy it? Also, is there a way for the game to remember your game settings? I'm tired of turning off time limits, setting the map to standard, and raising the difficulty every single time.

Settling on a bonus resource (the harvestable type) will erase it and you get no benefit. Settling on a luxury or strategic resource works the same way it did in 5.

>Since when can you export people? Did Stellaris become a fun game?

There's resettlement.
You move people by paying influence.
Then there's migration where they move of their own will.

It's been there since the beginning of the game.

>Since when can you export people? Did Stellaris become a fun game?
You always could. You need resettlement compatible ethos to do it well tho.

What civ in the current base game should get the first extra leader?

The Black Prince leading England. Bring the Longbows.

the ai in civ6 will hate you no matter what
even if they have literally no reason to hate you they will make cities one tile from your border and then tell you to settle further away from them
and then they will decide to declare war on you, mobilize their entire army onto your border, and then declare war "because you had troops on their border"

Why does the city state have a settler?

>find Rome turn 5
>DUDE WHY HAVEN'T YOU EXPANDED YET I AM GOING TO FROWNY FACE YOU
>steal his settler
>plant it in his face
>it's a different continent so I get a warrior
>plant my own settler nearby
>another free warrior
>buy another settler
>another free warrior
I'm the barbarians now.

captured from another civ

I've found that Teddy is your bro as long as you start on his continent and you don't start shit with other civs on the continent.

Fuck Freddy, though.

And are you still unable to set up trade between your planets?

Peter is the nicest AI desu. I only upset him like 40% of the games I play.

Welcome to Civ VI, I suggest to stop playing until they fix the AI.

Have the core/system things been fixed in Stellaris? They are the only things I really hate about the game.
I am fine with micromanaging 30 planets and last time I played the system manager would refuse to build the planet unique buildings that cost influence like the +% energy or +% minerals things or build space stations at all.

How does occupation work in the late game in Civ VI? It feels like cities remain occupied forever, unless I wipe out the civ that formerly owned it.

I dunno desu. I've had civs start shit with me and then captured one of their cities before they inevitably sue for peace. Even if they hand over the city to you in the peace agreement they still consider it occupation forever.

>can't rename cities in Civ 6

It's gotten better. And you have much more fune control about what exactly sectors are allowed to do.
However afaik they're still shit at building planet-specific buildings. Though to be fair maybe they're maximin-ing correctly. If the happiness gain doesn't net you enough boosted production to compensate for the opportunity cost of building another mine instead, then there's no point in the happiness building.

Raising happiness reduces the odds of troublesome factions popping up though.

we ded now

> factions
> troublesome
Not in Stellaris m80

Ancient to medieval is the best period of civ 6 and easily better than 5 in my opinion. They just need to lock down everything after that with some fixes and dlc and 6 will be >>>>> 5 in every way.

Not sure why people are shitting on it so hard. It's got some faults but it's not nearly as bad as Civ 5 on release, and definitely no BE.

WIFI LMAO

Yes, I was so excited for this game. Then I won 5 consecutive deity games. Then I tried to get all the achievements. Now I have nothing to do. The only exciting part of the game is the early barbarian rush. Once you get eight cities, victory is trivial.

I know everyone is talking about Civilization VI, but I just started with these kind of games and I can't run very powerful games so I'm stuck with Civilization V, and I've followed the modding thing so the game is balanced and stuff, and I followed the tutorial so I kind of know what I'm doing, but why is there such a jump in difficulty from level 3 to level 4? It's as if I'm playing two different games at that point and I don't like it.

>meet Kongo early game
>he forward settles outside my capital
>he declares a surprise war on me
>his DoW accuses me of treating him poorly

That goes for pretty much every difficulty in Civ V. You'll get used to it after a while

Your fault for not gibbing him dat clay wide boi.

>not giving him KFC and watermelon

I was playing Bara-mesh and I'm yellow.

>not treating him like the kang that he wuz

mods like alpha mod allow you to produce strategic resources that are then consumed on other planets

for instance you can produce bio-pods from biomass on a planet with high food output, and then those pods can be processed to output like 15 food by a special building

can help with fringe colonies

but no, no trading, paradix hates fun