/mscg/ - My Summer Car General

>What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.
>In-depth Guides
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO
youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ3zs26RDQ
>Top 20 singles of Finland during 1995 in-game playlist compiled by Veeky Forums
comfy.moe/aqtlkc.7z
>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/pcNUW
youtube.com/watch?v=dOH29zwBQx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CAN YOU DELIVER THE WOOD AT NIGHT?

why risk it, just wait till morning..

Absolutely.

>risk it

You're driving the slowest vehicle there is, there is no risk involved whatsoever, put your lights on and tampon in and go.

i didnt mean risking the dangerous drive, i meant if you are unsure about if you can deliver wood, just do it durring the day when you know you can .

Makes sense.

But yeah, totally can deliver wood and suck poop at any hour you want.

Doing jobs at night is actually quite interesting, it's usually a good idea to bring the flashlight if you happen to arrive at the pitch black hours.

You drop the flashlight near the objective (middle of wood guy driveway or near the septic tank hole), pointing at you to help you aim the vehicle when backing up.

got the call, went at 3am, noone there

That's weird, I delivered wood at night at multiple occasions.

Pic related when?

We had one for nearly 10 years, and holy shit it was an adventure.
-If left alone for more than a week, its guaranteed to have to be pushed to (even hope to) start
-the final day of family reunions on the other side of the coutntry always spent with males trying to get the shitcan to start
-clutch cable broke several times. For non manual fags, this basicly meant you cant shift gears. Its fun driving in a city with ligths knowing you cant stop or start
-or mom having to stand guard at an intercepeption then jumping in the moving car becasue once it stops it fucking stops for good, then drive ~100km in second gear
-or getting it returned from the mechanic who informed us of a masive hole under the passenger footspace (with the issue it was sent there for unresolved)
-speedometer didintt fucking work for the last 5-6 years, dad just guessed the speeds
-uphill driving a gamble if you can make it to the top before the coolant boils
-at the winter have to put cardboard in fornt of the radiator to get good temps

and many more, but my tiny child brain loved it, with a dream of once helping to push it to start (was sold off before i came of age)

you can shift gears without using clutch while you're moving

but stopping for traffic lights and starting, well that's a challenge in this case

Update 08.11.2016

-Fixed some colliders at landfill site and home
-Fixed Racing Radiator which floats after removal
-Fixed adjustment issue with valves, where valve states were not correctly reset
-Fixes in firewood chopping exploit
-Made gesture animations independent from FOV setting
-Fixed issue with installation of dashboard covers
-Possible fix for Windshield shattering after Windshield repair at the car repair shop
-Added optional gear indicator showing current gear selected
-Made door usage easier for Truck, Van, Tractor and Muscle car
-Added hitchhike opportunity with the small green car
-Previously purchased parts cannot be re-ordered from the Parts Catalog
-Price of postal order is now calculated from parts *actually* delivered
-Changed mechanism how sewage well death is triggered
-Fixed issue with how car body parts paint types were saved
-Fixed issue where Police did not give ticket for speeding in some situations
-Fixed fueling-saving-loading exploit
-Fixed bootlid issue
-Fixed erroneous Hood bolts, check your hood it is probably detached now!
-Fixed issue of bolts becoming unscrewed after having a damage and then quitting without saving
-Increased tire grip for Truck
-Added "night-TV", which being watched increases fatigue
-Added Amistech Games splash screen

I really wish he'd tweak controls with gamepad. When you get to 60 or more in Fernande even slight move of the stick sends it sideways. Because at the high speed steering supposed to get tighter but game still treats it equal as to when you are standing still.

repost for that user that wanted it

Trying to edit the van file using the unity assets explorer. It wont allow me to open the Assets2 file, i get a steam read error. Any ideas on how to fix?

adjust your deadzones

I did. It's not an issue when driving datsun, but only with fernando so far. The thing is that the slightest movement of stick causes steering wheel to turn to certain programmed minimal degree. And when driving fernando at 70mph this minimal degree is really too much. I just can't hold stick in the broad turns, car turns too much and goes sideways or spins out of control when i try to countersteer. The only option so far is to quickly tickle stick like i am pressing button on keyboard.
I hope i explained the problem, not a native english speaker.

oh the muscle car is rear real drive so it controls really differently. It is really touchy even with the keyboard, so the best advice is this.

Don't steer while accelerating, cause you'll spin out. You don't need to give it throttle all the time, sometimes you can just let it coast and tap the throttle to keep it up to speed.

>Because at the high speed steering supposed to get tighter but game still treats it equal as to when you are standing still.
I actually like it when there's no speed sensitivity.

VITTU PERKELE
even after today's patch shitsucking is broken on my save

>tfw eurobeat custom radio
You either die a pedo van driver
or live long enough to become another [muffled eurobeat]

is there a way to safely lift my car without it potentially flying into the fucking sky

i used the forklift for the front and just left the back on the ground and it worked fine

>mortal

This is creepy as shit.

>not urinating in their direction while flipping the bird and high off pcp

>'Go to pussy, please'

Has anyone figured out how expensive fuel is per liter?

anyone have an updated cheat engine table

It's funny because I'm doing CE tutorial to figure out how to make one. Right now at the final chapter. Becomes really annoying when you have to wait when someone update all that shit.

my valves dont tick, i have the carb set to rich, and my fan belt isnt squealing. my car still stalls out in neutral when i turn it on. any ideas?

>becoming a eurofaggot
>not slaying the eurofaggot with hardbass

shitboxes do that. feather the clutch and gas so you're always above 20 on the rev gauge when you shift in to first or second.

ps be as lean as your radiator and carb can handle for more speed
of course if you're using the stock radiator and carb that's still well on the side of rich

but this is the 4th time i've built it and its never stalled out while idling and parked. i cant even tune the carb cause i cant get out of the car and throttle the engine manually to tune it since it stalls so quickly after starting

>Playing game
>Going out on a peer run
> Get on Main road sooner by going left because I wanna see how fast my newly built car can go
>Proud with myself but start hearing popping
>Stop Car pop open hood
>[Muffled Eurobeats] getting closer and closer
>Dude actually swerves and passes me rather than slamming into me
>don't figure car problems just keep going
>Make it to shop in one piece and back
>mfw

Are you warmed up before leaving it idle? Is your choke pulled?

Bosz... i....
imgur.com/a/pcNUW

i pulled the choke and warmed up the engine to half of the temp gauge, then pushed choke back in. it idles at like 500 for about a second or two before dropping off and stalling

>500
that's way too low
It should be idling at least at 10, are you sure you don't have it too rich?

When the Suomi comes out we can be fasta and has da dakka!

well i turned the idle screw to more lean, and now it stalls too quickly for me even to throttle in neutral to keep it on

and yea i know 500 is too low, it just wont stay at 1000

how carefully did you tune your valves? Did you make sure they're all exactly as loose as they can be without ticking?

nvm got it, it was wayyyy too rich yea, idling nicely now!

Do I have to bolt spoiler on? Because I don't know if I have to take a wrench with me to get my package.

>Using the racing exhaust and muffler causes the engine to stall in first gear

Do the racing parts actually work exclusively as a set?

No

I've lost my tools, how can I get them back?

It's time to die unless you feel like combing the map for them.

Dev really should add toolbox to the shop.

Re actually removed the ability to re-order already purchased aftermarket parts so I doubt that's gonna happen.

I wonder why.

game ran fine before, now after the update it just sticks to 20fps

:^)

After you manage to build your car fps is going to drop really hard.

The mechanic won't open his door? He just said that my car is "ruining his driveway" if I look in the window. How the fuck do I get in?

you can lean through the wall. but if you look through the window and see the piece of paper on his desk, that means your car is done.

ok lads it's 3 AM, i've made minimal progress and i have work in 2 hours

this game is perkele and i can hear finnish curse words when i close my eyes

farewell

Well I'm taking it to get it fixed, not trying to get it back.

lean through the wall and interact with the piece of paper. if it doesn't work, then dev fixed in latest patch.

Hmm, I have it on Steam and have the latest patch installed. I wonder what the problem is. Thank you for the tip though.

Nah, still works. Just did that couple hours ago.

He works from 8:00 till 16:00

Haven't tried it yet after the update but i noticed before that when you get on the pavement and go 100+ the fps drops noticably. Almost if the game starts calculating what shit to break twice as much.

Why does the satsuma overheat? everything is stock

aight, does anyone use a racing wheel?

i need one for this shitty game. hook me up, i looked online and there are racing wheels for 400 bucks.
i want somehting cheap to match my cheap ass datsun.

the stock radiator is shit, make your mix richer until the smoke starts to turn dark, and try not to push it because the radiator will fuck the whole car. Try to get the aftermarket radiator asap

your fuel is too lean

You mean like real life racing wheel?

Describe this game with one image.

for gaming. like a thrustmaster TMX

but I dont really play much racing games. I just want something cheap for this game.

No cheap wheel is worth buying, use gaypad

i personally use dualshock 4 controller. It's has trackpad and you can rotate head and control car same time

how do you bind headlook to a controller?

And i agree!

It treats trackpad on the controller as regular mouse.

What's the easiest method of scumming money into my save file?

I use ArtMoney

getting the old version via torrents and using the console

Thank you so much!

>spent the last hour editing a skin
>realise I moved the wrong layer at one point
>undo history doesn't go back that far

Fucking fuck.

so i built my first car and have got to the point where all i need to do is fill all the fluids & start it.

oil & clutch/brake fluids filled no problem, coolant just wont go into the (sports) radiator. The green meter appears when i hold the coolant bottle over it but it just blinks & resets like its leaking. I took apart & reinstalled the 3 hoses & checked all the bolts surrounding but it hasnt helped. Anyone have any ideas?

also, how do you fill the car from the jerry can? i cant seem to find any petrol cap on the car.

For the first problem, check the water pump.
For the second, pour the fuel into the fuel tank pipe. Make sure to open the jerry can.

There is only a hole for filing the fuel of the car, on the passenger side.

Aw shit, not only won my money back from slot machine, but also earn 125mk. Lucky day.

Can you buy me a crate of peer?
I'm good for it.

Go on ebay
search "logitech driving force gt"
get one that works for around one-hundred trumpbux
revel in force feedback splendor

kek.

Also, new maps when?
youtube.com/watch?v=dOH29zwBQx8

yknow, that'd actually be pretty cool, having like, either bigger/more maps, maybe enlargen the current one to connect to some other highway, have other places where you can go rallying and stuff

Yeah one of the downsides is the relatively small map.

when modloaders are added

This is safe.
Trust me, I'm an engineer.

why is the steering on the mechanic's car so insane?!
I'm not talking about it drifting and spinning out, I get that it's a RWD
but why the fuck does the slightest touch on the wheel send it right off the road? I literally can't get it home without killing myself

I feel like the last update made the muscle even more slippery

I love ratty old cars but man that station wagon sounds like a pile of SHIT. My family had a 1980's (unsure if it was an '82 or '84) Mazda 323 we kept alive for 28 years and nearly 500,000km; by the end of that we'd basically become experts on the E5 engine (it's not too dissimilar to the Satsuma/Datsun) so we bought a string of Meteors and Lasers because we KNEW we could keep them alive. My dad still drives an '84 automatic that is as close to mint as you'll ever see in these cars. Engine runs great because we stripped down my brother's Meteor and built an engine out of the best parts of the two.

My point is a banger is only good if it works again after you fix it. Having to block off the radiator in winter sounds like this thing was poorly designed and was bad from day 1.

This time I'll win for sure.

This is amazing.

4chans working yet?

I heard the latest update broke custom skins.
Could anyone post a pic?

mine still works