/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Made in a rush edition
Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn if you want to play online.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard. gbatemp.net/threads/413015
-New Decrypt9 release allows to create dumps from installed games.

>Wii U
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-New Maidump release. github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/wiki/Getting-started-(for-Menuhax-users))
plailect.github.io/Guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
jii.moe/4yKn4k-DZ.gif
mega.nz/#!xZ4CiAKY!5rjXcdngYESHhLnpVDlH9XzlcFaihGVEdmjoXYAK8as
mega.nz/#!JJQwgaTR!tlhQ_R6BCAmNCS13nYdZCErl90EUfjZGI_82r2lXZ_0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Added correct info regarding PS4 kernel shit because the OP is outdated

4.01 has kernel exploit if you care

Still no sun version

Is Supercard DSTwo still the best DS/3DS card for playing NDS games and emulation? Tell me quick so I can order it from China before its too late

Who gives a fuck

Sun leak when?

>It's a Feminine pokemon has 7:1 because "muh starter" episode

Updated my GW3DS to latest firmware. Select button isnt working for loading games. Nothing pops up. Still shows I am on GW3DS firmware in system settings though. Put in latest launcher.dat too. Help please?

Trying to switch from rxtools to Luma, downloaded latest release but there's no /luma folder as described in many guides and the switching gif in pastebin
what do?

Yeah who cares about a game for pretty much the biggest video game franchise of all time lmao

Pokemon Sun where?

Bumping this. They have no name also. Should I just open one?

7:1 what

So, after beating my paranoia to screw up with what works I finally updated from RXTools to Luma. However, turns out I installed version 5.5 or something and the lumaupdater fails to install the latest version (it downloads but says it fails to find luma3ds.dat, being that I made the lumaupdater.cfg file as in github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/wiki/Getting-started-(for-Menuhax-users))

What are my options to update_

Male:Female

Thanks user.
That's a lot more simple than desperately hoping you still have a deleted factory test program still floating around in your system memory and hoping it doesn't crash your 3ds when you try to navigate and interpret it, if I recall correctly.

>both screens are TN Panels
shucks.

Male:Female what

stop asking for sun it will be days before its leaked

the leaker only had moon and isn't getting sun

update it manually and install a new version of luma update

Odds of getting that gender

Any news on hacking the switch?

what's the earliest area I can catch rockruff and that lizard thing sandlit or whatever ? I want then on my meme squad

if it has webkit, it wont take long

Some of you guys are alright. Don't download Moon tomorrow.

happening threads will be posted tomorrow morning

so long sun brobots

The mod installation process for skyrim is an entry point.

What gender

QCMA crashes every time I try to transfer a game using the PSP save method; the transfer timer climbs and climbs and the download bar never moves, and when I cancel the transfer it disconnects from my Vita and QCMA just...closes. I can use the mp4 method just fine.

What gives?

Male or female.

What are the odds

pardon?

Not him, but what does that mean?

Skyrim won't be moddable on a Nintendo console, get real. Nintendo hates modding more than anyone else alive or dead.

87.5% chance of being the patriarchy
12.5% chance of having a verguba

7M:1F

What do the M and F stand for

For what?

is there proof?

>skyrim mods on switch
>someone makes a mario mod
>nintendo takes it down and sues the creator

As it should be.
Why yes I am from /pol/. Trump will win, screencap this kek

Male Female

For what

chances of sun leaking

woeking moon .3DS rom

W H E N
H
E
N

is the browserhax website down or something? How else can i get to the homebrew launcher within emunand?

with the loader

are you dumb? It should be the other way, so every the patrician patriarchy could have several women and also could have huge and cheap workforce.

Why is the discord so much better than these threads for tech help? I bet its mostly run by reddit too, you guys are useless

Did you try reading the OP first? Or reading anything?

Is there another download source for ctrtransfer 2.1.0 USA? I'm using this guide:

plailect.github.io/Guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

and the torrent is dead.

Please stop this strange new strain of shitposting and help me out, I don't understand.

It worked once for a theme folder, but it hangs indefinitely on games and the other method works swimmingly, it's just a lot of extra hassle. I just wanna transfer folders.

Weird problem, here. I have a Japanese n3DS, but I'm playing the English version of Animal Crossing. I did the update option from the game's main menu, but the title doesn't have the "welcome amiibo" subtitle. What gives?

Guess I need to work on my /pol/ falseflags.

Luma loads the arm9loaderhax.bin now instead of that, even if you don't have a9lh.

What's the worst that can happen from downloading a fake .cia? I haven't done it yet. Just curious.

sorry user, the vita hackers are few on the thread, I only come here for the 3ds, but I might buy a vita sometime in the future if I can replay patapon and Prinny, can I really be the hero.

wasting your own time

Do I just copy the Luma.dat or also .3dsx and .smdh?

Pokemon Moon, user?

No one from /pol/ will ever say they are from there or will promptly say they support trump, will wait only after someone takes the bait and talk about it then say how much better he is from hilary, and avoid using things like " crooked", it makes it too obvious.

I hope trump wins though, so usa finally realizes how much in the shit they are that a clown like him won.

I have Luma3ds 6.5 and installed the Moon CIA just fine with FBI but it is giving me a black screen when I try to load the game. Any idea what's wrong? I have booted other roms before (ORAS hacks)

If you're paranoid about downloading moon, just make sure the .cia has md5 9f64bc722b447ea42a67e6ce61deae0e

FBI does not seem to want to install any CIA's. I just get the "Cert signature or hash check failed" error. Even when trying to install FBI.cia

clown or crook. we're hosed either way

you menuhax?

Dstwo was only really good for gba emulation. Which the 3ds can do on its own now.
Just get a cheapo r4 clone for like 10 bucks.

Why the fucking hurry, the scene is young and not many people are involved, just play some fucking games meanwhile

>failed to get am:u handle
>Attempting svchax
and then it never proceeds from that point
i'm on 9.8.0-25

Asking again, if I have a version of FBI and rxTools from around march do I just need to update my emunand and FBI or do I need to change cfw altogether?

It's morning in my pokemon moon file, don't understand the complains last game

Change to Luma3DS, download latest FBI since yours is heinously out of date.

Well I'm gonna try it Anons. Wish me luck.

>game

I meant thread

Got stuck at the "Nintendo 3DS" loading screen on both. Probably for the better.

Is changing hard? The guide doesn't say much about it unless I'm looking at it wrong

For the user that wished me luck last thread, the installation worked from the cia I got there, gl to you too user.

FUCK TRUMP FUCK AMERICA

I HATE THIS WORLD WHY ARE HUMANS SO CRUEL????

At least someone leak the sun.cia.

I used a9lh, the plailect tutorial. Everything worked and I was able to run other cias just fine.

So how do I go about hacking unhackable n3ds firmware with an already hacked 3ds?

SUN LEAK WHEN
I WANT THE LOYAL CUTE DOGE
NOT THE EDGY CURAZY WOLF

Trying to hack a 9.5.0-22U 3DS. OoTHax is my entry only option for the homebrew launcher and I have a powersaves. Where can I find the OoTHax save file for 9.5 that I can use powersaves to inject?

Will America also become the greatest wimps around only second to Sweden and lose their culture?

>Is changing hard?
there is a literal gif in the op that show you how to do it in 5 seconds
this one is freebie alright. next time imma shout at you first : jii.moe/4yKn4k-DZ.gif

america has a culture? regressives sure seem to enjoy screaming otherwise.

no it's not you use browserhax do your research and just follow the guide not hard

thank you user. I promise I'll look better next time.

Not that guy but does that work if you also have the purple boot thingy?

Is there any way to circumvent the screen calibration when you set up your 3ds?
I wanted to do a9lh for my brother's o3ds but it has depth slider issue that it will stay on 3d no matter what (even took the cover apart and try to fix the damn slider but it seem like some hardware problem), I almost got fucked by doing the a9lh but i remember about that in time. Everything still work fine with menuhax and luma3ds, but it would be great to upgrade to a9lh.

I guess I misunderstood something about choosing the browser or no browser column. I figured out how to get OoTHax working so it's all good. Hopefully I'll be less retarded following the rest.

oh, did you mean CtrBootManager that let you select which cfw to boot into?
yeah that would work as well, and desu if you use luma3ds then there is no other need for any other cfw. you can boot into HBL by install the cia

Yes, that. I'll try it later thanks user.

I hope trump gets elected, better than the "whistle blower" killer.

Then I hope the country realises that the president is worth nothing and nothing will change, as the only presidents america had that actually where for the people were assassinated.

And then a cruel and long standin civil war will be waged, and then the real bastards will actually get unveiled and killed in the most gruesome of ways possible. Then america can actually claim to be the ballsiest of all the countries and reconquer their freedoms

I have pokemon, yay!

TRUMP

I have stared into the angry face of God.

>I hope trump gets elected, better than the "whistle blower" killer.
Trumps victory is pretty much secured at this point. He will be the new president.

Americans are retards.

I have al9h + Luma 6.5 and sometimes when I close a game a return to the home screen the screens go black and the device soft reboots or the menu music continues but I have to press start for the menu to load. Is this normal? Thanks in advance

mega.nz/#!xZ4CiAKY!5rjXcdngYESHhLnpVDlH9XzlcFaihGVEdmjoXYAK8as
mega.nz/#!JJQwgaTR!tlhQ_R6BCAmNCS13nYdZCErl90EUfjZGI_82r2lXZ_0

Just in case someone wants the multi9 version without jumping through cancerfly hoops.
Fuck your 0.15cents, nigger

>dicknose
lol

gone

wew lad that was fast

>want to play smash on 3ds to practice because im a tourneyfag
>system update required to go online
>check here to see if its cool to update to 11.2
>go to system settings and select update
>"sorry you're battery isn't charged sufficiently for the update to begin"

I just want to play smash holy shit