/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Make Tamriel Great Again edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here! (October 18 for consoles)
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5E0cD9uB4M
youtube.com/watch?v=35Fdv464whE
youtube.com/watch?v=127MbkHt8c0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for no EU Veeky Forums community \:D/

would rather play with EUs than Trumpland but switching is painful. What's the point of having the two megaservers be completely separate?

Probably money/costs/ping. Some people get pissy over only one megaserver because people who are closer to it "have advantage".

nice meme

Veeky Forums communities are shit, why would you want over here in the first place?

EU doesn't need your filthy globalist ass
i bet you main an altmer too!

I want to buy crown from a certain website and it says "This product is only compatible with Bethesda version of the game!" What does it mean?

It means you can't use it with the steam version of the game, just like game time cards. I'm not sure why that's the case desu and I hate it.
Wonder if that changed with the steam intergration that was released recently.

There is a pack ESO plus + 3000 crowns for under $20. Is that pack legit?

Which server is more populated, EU or NA?

How do I git gud in Maelstrom Arena?

why does this thread exists when old one isn't even at bump limit?

if you want to make new threads, don't make them before the old one is at 750+ posts. what's the fucking point?

So does having the same weapon enchant on both dualwielded weapons yield more uptime or do they share cooldown?

READ THE FUCKING ENCHANT DESCRIPTION

no

>some guy in game tells me you need to get gear with the 'training' trait to help level up
>spend ages trying to find a drop with it
>finally get it & go to research
>6 hours
>'what the fuck'
>go play some W3, make dinner, stream some shit
>come back
>it was only researched for the 'sash'
>tfw

thanks for reading my newfag blog

Or you could've just continued playing while it was researching like a normal person.

rude

guess how long it takes to research the 9th trait on an item, with crafting research passives maxed

a month

why do i never see enemies before it's to late? im standing next to people in my alliance and before i know it theyre all dead and 5 people ponce on me that i didnt even see run in my direction

I don't mean have one megaserver, I mean allow accounts to be used on either one and tie crown store items to an account instead of a megaserver

By doing it 1000 times
>done it twice on stam sorc
>mag is easy mode for mael they said
>load up magdk, get some 5/1/1 tbs/grothgar
>grind up resto with the last of my skelly buff
>get 50 alchemy
>get stammed worse than my sorc because I'm getting hit by so much dmg I may as well have gone resto/restro

You can just ask someone to make you training gear

press left ctrl

Turn on nameplates

what the fuck

too poor probably

Just keep doing it

When I first did it, it was on my magblade, cp230 or something

Got to 3rd arena and was like "fuck this, I'm out". Came back a month later with 300cp, tried again, got past arena 7. Then I accidentally abandoned the quest. A week later I gave it another go, got to last arena. 4 hours later still couldn't do it. Another month passed, came back with 400cp, gear out like a pimp with all gold gear, ready for this shit. Finished it an hour later.

Next time I did it, finished the entire thing within an hour and a half or so. Didn't even spend all 15 lives.

The more you do it the better you'll get, it's PvE after all. Just memorising all the tactics and having decent build is all there is to it. Now I can do it without any deaths and in 40min.

>17k damage
the fuck

Is eu or na more populated, anyone?

my attacks only do 5k damage at most
what the fuck is this

that ganking nigga is annoying af. always in stealth and if you survive his burst he just runs away

nobody knows, why even matter, the difference wont even be noticeable and which ever server is further away from will have a constant 300 ping which will be fucking unplayable unless you some rp scrub, who does nothing but sit in taverns all day.

Nameplates wouldn't be the issue in this case user. Even the blindest player can pick out enemies at a distance in Cyrodiil because everyone has a faction emblem floating overhead.

He probably just got stealth ganked.

>first time vMA
>theatre of despair
>about 40 fucking deaths
>he's at 25%
>full fucking burst mode
>get him down to literally 30k health
>he enters some kind of god damn immunity shit
>get a throbbing deadroth firecock right down my god damn throat and out my asshole

this fucking game will drive me insane. literally shaking with rage right now, it's hard to write.

Mag is hardmode. Stam is legitimately piss easy, and a flawless stam is nowhere near as respectable as a stormproof mag.

yeah you need mad deeps for that last round to make it easy, it's fucking stupid, like all you'll have to kill is a healer, a clanfear and the boss.

>LITERALLY SHAKING

Post link.
How we should help you if you're trying to "keep secret"?

how come everyone and their mother say mag been king of mael since it came out and that all you can avoid half the shit because you're standing 30ft away not getting hit and when you do get hit you just blast out your resto, pop a heal, pop a shield, pop a HOT and then get back to work.

LITERALLY, user

mag sorc is the easiest shit ever dude

mag sorcs are the easiest class when you don't know the area, stam sorcs when you know it.

kill yourself if you use ambush

Jesus FUCKING Christ

I do not ever want to go through anything like this again

BUT HEY AT LEAST I GOT MY FUCKING BOW AND DAGGER WITH SHITTY TRAITS THAT I CAN TOTALLY USE ON MY MAGBLADE

>total time

well what was your fucking time on your first vMA run?

are you mad, my friend?

I'll tell you in a month once I actually do it
I've been playing for a week so far, fun game x3

>I do not ever want to go through anything like this again
AHAHAHAHAHA. Like (any other MMORPG)...
>new content release
>max level goes up (CP 200 gear)
Sorry.

I'm relieved it's finally over. 15 minutes ago I was mad like you wouldn't fucking believe. Now I'm less mad than a buddhist monk.

>No Vvardenfell yet
>No Western Skyrim
>No Colovian Higlands or Nibenay-Blackwood
It boggles my mind they haven't gone full-on pandering yet. It's like they hate money.

I'm under no illusion that I'll never do vMA again. I know I will. I also know that my next clear, whenever I'm in a mood for some virtual anal fisting, will be a lot easier than this was.

how do i know when the prices of scarecrow and pumpkin masks will peak?

It's fairly safe to assume that it won't happen for at least 4 to 6 months, and that's probably a pretty optimistic prediction. They were very common. I know several people who have stocked around 30 of each. I have about half that of each myself. Don't expect to make millions just yet, user :^)

Well I don't know it, I've done it 2-3 times and I'm having an easier job on my stam sorc than a mag dk, for all the good my resto bar does me I rather have dodge roll and speed, a shield is nice but not when I've pretty much got to constantly tank ace blows that do way more damage than the shield is worth because muhh CC is everywhere so good fucking look actually being at out of melee range, especially on this dk where half my shit has like a 8 meter or less range.

five years

how are you storing them? i have about 25 total and it's a bitch on my inv

Mail them to me and make an alt so I can mail them back :^)

that's where I keep them as well

How do I make big exp

youtube.com/watch?v=z5E0cD9uB4M

Tfw I tried that and got my ass wooped as a CP90 with a CP90 friend
Simply didn't do enough damage.
Curious how much exp you get without the skelly buff though.

Skelly gives you a 100% xp boost.

why do i need groups for everything
fucking normies

You fucking double nigger what did you expect from an MMO.

I was hoping for more of a new character to champion grind that I could try myself

shit outta luck then. farm some ogres in stormhaven or something

Hey friends, I'm a relatively new player who has avoided dungeons and pvp. Ive just been lvling my stam sorc by doing the main stories and doing delves/skyshards with my boy. I'M cp 281 and am trying to get into pve but don't really know how to go about getting geared up. All I have is 40k to my name, full spriggan's and seventh legion's divines, and 2 agility weapons for dual wield. AM I supposed to enchant my armor with health glyphs since I spent all my attribute pt's in stam? What are some sets that are cheap or from easy dungeons that would help me out as a dpser? I hate being the shitter in a group so I want to be at least somewhat prepared when I start doing vet pledges. Thanks fellas.

>Need
The only thing you need other people for are a few dungeons and all the trials due to having mechanics requiring several people. Almost everything in the game can be solo'd and if you can't you have to git gud.

I think it sounds as if you're ready for veteran dungeons, the path ahead is just to make you better.

Your glyphs should be in stamina even if all your attribute points are in stamina.

Spriggan is one of the best dps sets in the game so I wouldn't change that. I would personally run Fungal Grotto 1 on veteran just to get the monster helmet and keep doing pledges until you get the shoulder piece, then work on replacing the seventh legion with 3 agility jewelry("healthy" agility rings and amulets are pretty cheap and should be found in all major cities) and 2 sharpened leki blades since the leki's pair bonus gives you extra weapon damage.

Have gear in purple and weapons in gold. There's no reason to upgrade your gear to legendary unless you're autistic.

Here's two videos for inspiration
youtube.com/watch?v=35Fdv464whE
youtube.com/watch?v=127MbkHt8c0

What's everyone's favorite Stan based class and why? Which do you think pumps out the most aoe dps, single target?

Have a magplar right now at cp315, and looking to make an alt

Also what's the best solo and vet dungeon gear sets to aim for on my magplar. Currently running seducers and julianos with mother of sorrow jewelry

>finally get to coldharbor
>environment feels boring
>enemies are cunts
>suddenly cadwell is everywhere
>everything is instantly fun thanks to best gentleman in existance

Is there a bug with mundus stone? I try to use one but there's nothing happen. I dont even have one on my character.

>enemies are cunts
>force myself into getting the book and skyshard addon so I can pick everything up in one swoop and not have to come back to this shithole ever again

>lose the will to quest in this giant cunt zone
>idle in the city
>talk to my friend

Post Elves

Coldharbor is boring. Places Molag Bal tries to drag into Coldharbor? 10/10.

Yeah, coldharbor is pretty boring, but I did enjoy the story of it. Especially the beginning where the alliances are too busy being cunts towards each other so the Fighters and Mages guild man the fuck up.

Anyone?

Nightblade, DW

Stamsorc

Hurricane is strong

hmm
I guess i could put my masks on a guild store for a stupidly high amount and use that as storage

Sprig actually sucks major ass since unlike NMG, you trade 5% crit for at most 2% extra DPS

And with how much the CHD modifier can be improved for stams it's almost a direct DPS boost with each % of crit.

I kinda liked King Dynar hamming the shit out of everything.

I'm literally one of two Magsorcs in the top 10 for vMA. Stam is piss easy, anyone can pick it up and do a speedrun, Mag needs to take risks to make runs faster and Stam doesn't sacrifice shit

What is the optimal spell damage and crit % for average-good DPS?
And the same for stam

Any good endgame MagiSorc DPS builds?

Pacrooti is the best hireling.

Though they're all pretty good. I find myself following their stories every time it resets and I get a new little update. There is just so much of it too, I haven't bothered to look up when they must surely run out of things to say but I think I've had Madam Firilanya for most of the couple months I've been playing and she's still got an entire story arc going on.

this

Thanks man, I appreciate the fleshed out response. I figured I was supposed to go all health enchants since most people I see seem to have 20k health, while I'm at like 14-15k with stam glyphs. Yesterday I tried vet spindleclutch for the first time and did fine except for the last boss kept one hitting me with its projectile even when I'd block (other people seemed to survive fine doing this) so I figured I needed more health.

What is with it lagging every time I kill something?

How do you get lag in vma? A SOLO FUCKING INSTANCE.

That's because you're computer a shit. upgrade parts.

never tried stamplar, but I'm loving my khajiit DK atm, dw & bow.

igneous shield is the only magicka ability I have which restores stamina in passives and synergises well with vigor, and noxious breath is great for aoe. Haven't run into any sustain issues so far.

oh my