/brg/ Battlerite general: Ezmo Edition!

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a Team Arena Brawler focused on adrenaline-fueled player vs player combat. Short and intense matches, stripped of random elements to optimize the action. Welcome to a world where champions dedicate their lives to the arena.
>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370
Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki
Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

New Champion Preview: Ezmo "The Mischievous"
youtube.com/watch?v=b5bwu20tuJM

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/338162230920434614
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean I really like the game but does every hero have to have a dash.

Incidently I find lucie difficult to play due to her lack of mobility.
So I understand it's a catch 22 but it seems like they should change things up a little.

the feeling of poloma

That feeling when they don't release the high-res splash art for the new champion.

So this is the new Stormcaller? Definitely not what I expected.

ded thread

ded game?

It's 12 afternoon post election in the U.S. people are still distracted by work, school, politics.

no game no life is only for a few of us.

>General died

what... what is that thing?

>That new hero concept

warlock's ultimate from dota

steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/338162230920434614

patch notes here

Didn't golem only have passives though?

>new hero is literally "warlock's ult got pissy and enslaved warlock back"
DOTARDS???

>complaining about unoriginality in a game that already has a 1:1 copy of Hanzo

not mad at these changes.

As a lore fan I'm a little disappointed, Ezmo's back story is uninspiring. Since Metal Warden, Stormcaller, and Igniter were all elemental magic users that lived in the same region, I thought they'd get a theme going of having those 3 being from different tribes of little demonic magic using creatures from up there entering into the arena, as champions of their people.

Rook is still not in a good place.
The issue was that he has little mobility compared to the rest of the champion roster. So if he misses or wastes his charge, then he's just fucked.

but if he hits his charge, he has crushing blow that just goes through counters. So it's this really weird thing where if he misses his charge, he's kind of useless, but if he hits his one mobility spell, he gets insanely rewarded and doesn't have to think about counters.

well, now his m2 triggers counters, which is good. Problem is, he still is garbage for mobility.
I think his m2 EX ability should be removed, and maybe give it to charge or berserk. there's no reason to use the meat snare over your aoe stun, so it's usually no used I think.
Maybe have an EX ability for rush that triggers berserk after the charge ends, and change the battlerite for triggering berserk after rush simply a longer berserk duration

What do you guys think?

I'd rather have ezmo be ashka's escaped pet

> To allow for more counterplay, Rook’s Crushing Blow can now be countered and blocked.
Oh thank god

I think gas all rook pickers

you said everything hinging on him hitting his rush was bad, but then you gave him an EX that relies on him hitting his rush

Ashka is too violently autistic to enslave anything.

It started out Stormcaller but I can tell you from experience that it really isnt.

The UI designer for stunlock is waifu material.

Looks like shit.

>nu-SLS in charge of art design

>nerf lucie
>buff Poloma
>do nothing to other healers
You know what this means right?

Nice, mm fixes

no wonder the ui is so bad

what?

Changes nothing. Lucie is still completely broken because only slightly reduces her damage and her + Ruh Khaan are still completely retarded in regards to turtle ability and sustain.

Ruh Khan + poloma arguably has just as much sustain if not more, and the nerf to her dmg is not small.
Means poloma is the new old fotm.

Don't talk about my waifu like that.

But seriously the UI and UX does suck.

I appreciate the BLC ability icons but we desperately need new ones and I like the simplicity of the menus in this game, but they are't sweet on the eyes at all, too thin, brown, and lifeless.

>I like the simplicity of the menus in this game
>I like that valuable information is being hidden because I'd be too retarded to make use of the data anyway, so I welcome this change so that people who actually know how to make use of it wont be able to do so and gain an advantage over me in the process
ftfy

I think it's okay. Æsthetically it's neither good or bad, kinda bland, but functionally it could be a bit better. It needs more stats for the scoreboard, a ping meter that isn't hidden in the options, and I'd personally like weapon charges/cooldown/ammo being shown more clearly.

>ftfy

No you didn't. Way to get ahead of yourself.

I wasn't talking about the scoreboard information.

But shoehorn that argument back in as much a possible. No one says that they don't want more information about their matches. Keep tweeting at stunlock or make a reddit thread.

lower bracket players will only stop complaining about her when she's unpickable because they aren't able to figure out how to fight her correctly

Literally havent seen her ever since her Battlerites got reworked at g14+. Like, I have at least 25 Poloma mains on my flist and if I queued with them they all constantly said that she cant be played right now, and I agree since she was literally a free kill unless she could hide behind a Varesh.

In 2v2? Yes, she's unpickable. Lots of characters are essentially unpickable in 2v2.

In 3v3 she got buffed in 0.8 if anything, and the 0.9 buff is going to overtune her.

>>In 3v3
No one cares about 3s right now. The bracket is literally dead. Even at the biggest 3s tournament like 80% of the teams played with stand-ins, hardly even anyone bothers with the format. Most people who pushed for it simply abandoned the idea because SLS doesnt communicate and doesnt make a decision, so they either accept 2s or just straight up stop playing the game for now. Even if you end up finding a match in 3s its a waste of time right now. Even the ranked version is like Standard environment right now: shitters everywhere.

Its time to stop with this 3s meme. Its time to stop pretending that 3s balance matters. We cant force them to focus on 3s so as long as they arent willing to do it, there is no point in even balancing around anything that isnt 2s. People pushed for months and nothing changed. Time to just back off and wait and move on and find a new title to blow your time on. Its what most players already do, anyway. There are only a handful of top level players who are even still playing the game.

>New champ looks cool
>Rook M2 gutted
>Freyas retard damage round 1 trashed
>Not over nerfing Jumongs R
And most surprisingly of all
>No Ruh Khaan Nerfs
This was a good patch, i like it.
Glad to see they aren't picking up on riots school of balance just to make one champ FOTM to sell more skins.

Also
>(soft) ranking reset.
Fuck yes.
Losing 200 points because i wanted to play a new champ was one of the stupidest things i could do in this game.
it takes 5x the time to get those points back

I get plenty of matches with high grade players in standard, everyone stopped playing ranked because they want to sit on their rating.

The only reason anyone was playing 2v2 to begin with is how easy it was to grind rating, and don't pretend like the 2v2 tournaments aren't an even bigger joke.

You're right that SLS needs to actually pick a mode already, but the competitive scene will die immediately if that mode is 2v2 and you know as much.

>Even Dotards ults would rather be in another game

>competitive scene will die immediately if that mode is 2v2 and you know as much
And the competitive scene isnt required to make money. Competitive 2s will be enough for casuals to get their fix. Competitive players are a fraction of the community so at the end of the day we dont matter. Hell, even if they pick 3s its not guaranteed that a) it will help the game grow or b) that people will actually play it that much because I dont see 3s actually being that interesting at all. The only reason I have hope is because I havent played a lot of 3s yet, especially outside of inhouses. But I could imagine that the games lack of depth and the limitations to the impact of player ability will make 3s become significantly less enjoyable than most people think as soon as you passed a certain skill level.

>I get plenty of matches with high grade players in standard
I dont, and if I look at my flist there are never more than like 10/100+ people online at the same time. But that might just be my experience.

You can say it's all about the casuals, but the game already made its money back and competitive play is the entire reason the game was made. Most games with microtransactions make the majority of their money on a very small percentage of their playerbase who buy a disproportionate amount of things, anyways.

If SLS doesn't focus on competitive play at this point it was mostly pointless to have remade BLC because they could have just gone to work on another nonsense game Goat Simulator like the devs who funded them that would have made way more money with the casual market.

>yfw your maind didn't get nerfed

>Win 19 points of 2x grade 12 and a grade 10
>come up against them again
>lose but lost no points do to having someone in placements on my team
Pure. Skill

>no iva buffs

why do they even bother having VAs

they should just delete iva from the game since the design sucks and the character is not fun to play

>Winter Themed Content

Fucking really, more holiday costumes? Does anyone even like this tacky shit?

All the halloween shit was shit. Except Croak's weapon.

Yet for some reason I bought 15 halloween chests. For irl dosh.

Nigger fuck you
I want Santa Khaan

Winter themed cosmetics could be really cool, as long as they stay away from santa stuff.

Muh pumpkins is what makes Halloween themed stuff so tacky. The skins that are just horror/spoopy themed like croak's butcher blades and poloma's vampire pet are good. I want more of that next year.

>implying the game will last that long

Honestly though, I don't mind tacky and silly skins as long as they don't go too far. Adding modern real life stuff like how HoN added pimp suits and tanks is where I draw the line.

Iva needs buffs?
Seens pretty solid to me

I don't really get why people constantly complain about ballance issues in a game like this. It's never going to be 100% balanced and if it were it would be boring.
Sure if something is fucking crazyily op go ahead but the devs wil just see that in their metrics anyway so why waste your breath.

>this game having balance issuse
Who in the fuck say this?
Look at any other game like LoL or OW and watch what those guys have to deal with.

We ain't nothing to complain about with the amount of patches we get

I've been wondering, is the game in early access worth the price? I miss the old BLC days but I dont want to waste 20 on a game that will be dead until release.

EA includes all current and future heroes, no word on whether that offer will be available later but if it is then the price will be higher

If you plan to play even a few hours it's probably worth it

>go look at two equally shitty games

whats your point
dota 2 has 100+ heroes and it's fine.

I've come back to the game after a long break, I played poloma before, what healer should I play now, I'm thinking oldur, I want to go lucie but mained alc in blc so dunno if I'll get bored

Like every game, people who complain about balance issues are often just shitters looking for any edge they can grab onto because they refuse to accept themselves as fault. Obviously balance issues will exist, but they are irrelevant unless you're playing a the toppest of levels.

This is also why games that listen to the community too much go to shit

People are complaining about balance issues because right now SLS is playing random whack-a-mole and trying to juggle both 2v2 and 3v3. They need to pick one and stick with it, and it should be 3v3 because 2v2 won't ever have real balance.

The solution to appease 2v2 players is to have battlerites that are only good in 2v2 that make certain characters the best 2v2 picks and then develop a rotating counterpick RPS style "metagame" around those overpowered characters. This allows both 2v2 and 3v3 to be "balanced" and keeps the mode with more depth sane while giving the only depth/balance you can add to 2v2 (the alternative being across the board nerfs that make picks meaningless which guts 3v3)

And on second thought an even better idea is to have 2v2 only battlerites, that way you don't even need to worry about the balance of how they shake out in 3v3.

What about a separate balance in stats for 2v2 and 3v3?

>Lucie's not using her ult, so we're nerfing her EX moves
Brilliant.

Separate stats is a bad idea because that starts to fuck with prediction and muscle memory and if someone wants to say jump from 2v2 to 3v3 they'll be unnaturally bad at 3v3 and in learning 3v3 they'll fuck with their 2v2 play. Battlerites are a better solution because it's more situational and you won't have all of them every round so they'll have less of an impact on muscle memory and mechanical skills.

battlerite system in general is half assed. I like the idea of selecting 5 per round from a larger pool more.

Nah fuck this noise. They just need to split the ratings and make 3v3 the primary comp/tourney mode while still having ranked 2v2 as the "I wanna play ranked with my friend Jeff" mode.

Having different stats and shit would not only fuck with muscle memory but would go completely against the nature of the game. It would be BLC 2.0 all over again.

Yeah, should just buff her ult so she goes from S tier to WhyEvenBotherTryingToBalanceHer Tier

But her ultimate is literally useless so it seems like a stupid way of rebalancing. Like nerfing her EX moves is all fine and dandy, but her ult is still shit making their reasoning stupid

>But her ultimate is literally useless
Youre completely fucking retarded. Its one of the only reasons why she is the most broken char in the game and not Ruh Khaan. Without Goo he would be impossible to deal with. Besides, her ult isnt even bad. No idea what youre smoking to be honest. Its strong against Jumong, strong against Ruh Khan, strong against Rook, basically strong against all the top characters in the game. Doesnt need to be a game changer against the entire roster to be good. If you wanna talk about complete junk ults look at Croak or Iva.

were literally the same 20 people making the same posts each day

>20 people
>78 posts
I mean, thats why its considered a general. People have arguments and make multiple posts. 4 on average right now, really isnt bad at all. At least this general isnt a circle jerk that pretend for the game to not have issues.

dont fucking talk to me dude

hi

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

It's 20 fucking quid just drop that shit. The game is good fun.

1/20th chance this is the stunlock employee

>I find lucie difficult to play
:^)

He's trash now

>all these reddit cucks saying the Elmo will be their new main
>they havent even played him yet
I can already say that he will hardly be anyones main because the character has a lot of issues and is piss easy to punish if you blow as much as a single ability. I played many 1v1 against the highest level players (and 2v2s) and hes completely free if you mess up once does to his lack of a hard CC with his only sustain being pretty trash against a lot of characters as well. They will try him, think its Jumong 2.0 but quickly find out that hes not even remotely as forgiving and requires way more precision/thought.

>piss easy to punish if you blow as much as a single ability
describes everyone

>I played many 1v1
lol

>the highest level players (and 2v2s)
lmao

>does to his lack of a hard CC
describes half of characters

>with his only sustain being pretty trash against a lot of characters as well
describes everyone but supports and warden

>describes everyone
Completely false. You got some mental disability if you seriously think that you can punish most of the cast without them having to blow all their shit.

>describes half of characters
See above.

>describes everyone but supports and warden
Wrong again. Jesus, you really have no clue what youre talking about its hilarious.

that was smart of them to add more progression to champions so autists would just grind levels
I hope MM remake will come soon

any good legendary skins secret club bros?

My favorite is ashkas new baconstrip cuffs.

and baconstrips
and baconstrips
and baconstrips.

mmmm. i needs some bacon right now.

what?

>no varesh buffs

this image would be good if it wasn't disgusting and didn't suck

My personal favorite is Rook's new weapon skin, the christmas ham and candy cane one.

HAHA LOL BACON RIGHT??? BETTER POST SOME INSTAGRAM PICTURE OF BACON LOL :DDDDD

i hope you joking

Alchemist and Ezmo looks like they could be best friends.

Battlerite will save MOBAs. Put the ARENA back in multiplayer online battle arena.