/civ4xg/ - Civilization, Stellaris, Endless and 4X Games General

Civilization Resources
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE) - well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- CivFanatics Database and Forums - - - - civfanatics.com/
- Wiki of all Civ games - - - - - - - - - - - - - - civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki
- Browser Civ game, similar to civ2 - - - - - play.freeciv.org
- /civ4xg/ steam group - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization VI
To Be Added

>Civilization V
- CIVILOPEDIA Online (Civ V) - dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
- Civ V drafter - - - - - - - - - - - - - georgeskleres.com/civ5/
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot - multiplayerrobot.com

>Civilization modding
- Wiki for Civ modding - modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page
- Civ V mod workshop - steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930
- Civ V mods - - - - - - -- forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393
- More mods - - - - - - - - pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>Stellaris Resources
- Steam group - - - - - - - - steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris
- Mod archive - - - - - - - -- mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg
- Mod recommendations - pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Endless Legend Resources
Manual - - - - - - cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
Wiki 1 -- - - - - - endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
Wiki 2 -- - - - - - endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Alpha Centauri (SMAC & SMAX) resources
- Essential improvements - pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories - - - - mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri

Last thread

we Dune Wars now

pick a leader fgts

>Workers now have charges
>They give their lives to build improvements for me
I won't forget their sacrifice.

The Exe-qt-rix

one vote for the electric space jew

post yfw you throw dozens of worker lives at wonders and then don't memorialize them in any way

They just become the people working the improvements.

settings. small map, +1 AI

decent start, gonna settle 1 NW for extra water (=food, most tiles don't give any)

They build the farm/etc. and then retire there in peaceful tranquillity.

early exploration says that i'm reasonably isolated and suggests a spice economy since i have a lot of desert (=ocean =spice), enough water, and minimal graben (+1 commerce lowlands)

research starts on spice extraction

also Acquisition Sigma needs a name

Should've taken a bit bigger map!

Name town MAGA.

>i'm reasonably isolated

next two turns i found some mech head and mr trump

maybe another time

Make Arrakis Green Again is really more of Stilgar's schtick. we're here to make money

but MAGA it is

Alright, so it's either lucking out with your starting position or death. I actually expected the death wave of barbarians much earlier, at some point I thought I might even relax a bit. They were late, but they brought niggers with them.

I failed the captcha like 6 or 7 times. Am I just retarded or does hiro need money that much?

also get a load of this fucking tech tree. civ vi eat your heart out

mid-term goal is Great Houses for the CHOAM religion but i doubt i'll beat the AIs to it

I am fond of /civ4xg/.

>Make Arrakis Green Again
I wish I'd came up with that... :(

I thought copper only existed in Tundra/Arctic tiles? I've never seen copper anywhere else in the 3 games I've played.

whoops

i think i'll dec, i don't get along with people this close anyway

you're too kind Vernius

Love the custom dune-icons!

3 str infantry will slap my 2 str guys silly even with hill defense, time to bail

still managed to pillage his wind trap and steal a worker so overall that went great

they've put in a shitload of work into this mod

settled a city that doesn't have a lot of water or production, but the spice commerce will fuel my early research - each spice tile has 5c and gives a spice resource, and every spice resource you have adds 3c to the palace

it needs a name, of course

Kek you sneaky little bastard!

About to play Broken lords for the first time, tips pls

Town name: Iraqis

those darn ixians don't respect our might

gonna put some dudes on motorbikes to show 'em

I've never even played Endless Legend. Is it any good, comparing to Civ 6 for example?

Yeah, it's fine, lot of interesting ideas. I'd give it a pirate at the very least.

going with a cheeky forward-settle here since the ixians don't want peace and this'll make for a nice military outpost with high production at a natural chokepoint

it's got nitrates too which i'll need for Chem Troopers later

It's pretty good. My only major gripe with it was city buildings felt pointless, it never really felt like I had a real choice to make and it pretty much just boiled down to putting literally everything in a queue and leaving it be for 40 turns.

fucking worm ate my spice harvester

That looks like a morning dookey...

It's interesting and fun for at least a few plays, lots of flavour and all the factions play very uniquely in comparison to civ factions. The balance is kinda wonky though and getting a good start is very important on higher difficulties because of how insane the start differences you can get are.

Like, in civ 5 or 6 a good start just means a slight edge on early food or production usually. Outside of natural wonders (especially on civ 5 Spain) and maybe a god tier petra city (and river in civ 6) there isn't a huge disparity in most starts unless you get really unlucky tundra or flat desert or something.

In Endless Legend a really good start could kick you off with like 10 food and science per turn, 15 something production, and a few dust, because every region has a few super tiles that insane bonuses and if you happen to have a few of them within range of the initial settle you have a huge advantage. Meanwhile. sometimes you get unlucky and can't get a settle any better than like 5-7 food and production and 3-5 dust and science.

lmao this looks cool, I definitely had 4 around somewhere but god knows where.

Can you build atomics?

it's a big scary sand worm!

yes, late-game

Thanks guys. I'm defintely going to try it after I get tired of Civ 6 & Stellaris. Is it worth buying? I'll most likely pirate it first, but I've got some extra money coming in from tax refunds in a month.

ho ho ho now i have a trike

i need three city names. one's a military complex, one's a cottage farm, third is water-rich backfill

forgot mah pic

i beat the AI to Great Houses and found CHOAM. since we're Ordos we get a free great merchant to set up the shrine straight away.

we're gonna be filthy rich

... eventually. right now my economy is crashing, down to 5% research.

in DW spice tiles evaporate if they're within your borders at a rate of 3% chance per turn (iirc). they're replenished by random "spice blows" that cover most of a 3x3 ocean/desert area with new spice

i'm a filthy lucker and got a spice blow right next to my city. this is why you settle on the coast in a spice economy

looks like Leto has settled the polar region. i should build a scout thopter to check it out

Stop me before it's too late.

bls

That's how I discovered I'm allergic to dogs. When mine licked me all over the face.

>marathon

Amplitude tries hard to make good games and doesn't try to jew you remotely as hard as Paradox or Firaxis, they're worth spotting the few bucks imo.

>MAGA

that's Make Arrakis Great Again, right

>Make Arrakis Green Again
Actually!

>still can't get stellaris mods to work

I suppose being a dirty pirate has to have its drawbacks

Make America Goyim Again

How are you installing them exactly? If your downloading them from stellaris.smods, then when you unpack them you should get a folder and a .MOD file. Put the MOD file in C:\Users\(whatever your username is)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod

and the folder in: C:\Users\(Insert Username)\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\workshop\content\281990

Just make the 281990 folder if you have too. I've been doing it like this and every mod works on my pirated version.

It works fine for me. Do you have the CODEX-version?

I was downloading them from the archive in the OP, which I think just automatically downloads them from the Steam Workshop and uploads them to Mega. Anyways, they come like this, without a .mod file, so I had to create one and do it properly.

I actually managed to get them working right now, with some finagling.

serves you right, filthy pirate

>116 city maintenance

there are downsides to settling tight

what the fuck is city maintenance

is it building maintenance

also I miss the science and luxury sliders

When can we expect patch 1.3.2 to come out? I don't wanna play with AI as fucky as it is, both for nations and sectors, but I'm also bored as fuck.

got a world map

leto (dark green) is looking real tasty. he's the founder of Mahdi though so he's robably got a shitload of not-yet-outdated zealots

in IV cities cost maintenance based on how many cities you have and how far a given city is from the palace

also in IV buildings don't have maintenance

yeah civ 4 is a shitty game

play 3 instead

Any recommendations for Stellaris mods? Not cosmetic stuff, please.

if i wanted to ics against a retarded ai i'd play SMAC

Would that mean going wide is horrible in IV or does gold come easy in it? It's been too long since I played and I haven't played since I actually knew how Civ works.

you want as much (non-desert/tundra) territory as possible, but it takes a while until a new city starts to break even.

expand too quickly and you end up broke/behind in science from maintenance

expand too slowly and someone else grabs all the nice city sites

there's a lot of nuance to it since the costs are actually pretty well balanced

25 gold for a 500 beaker tech?

c'mon dude

How does this work

It stacks. Like all skills.

messiah-boy going down

Do you think we will get Donald as a new leader in civ vi? Serious question here. I'd love to play as the trump man and encase Aztecs in a wall and when I launch a nuke I want it to go to a cinematic where it says in big words "you're fired!" As he presses the button.

... well fuck, that's not the border where my troops are

how could Baron Harkonnen betray me like this?

i've been his worst enemy for like 40 turns

Of course not. Serious answer here.

>not playing marathon

he's gonna issue a presidential decree and make firaxis pay for the development

Redpill me on this one. Is marathon or epic the patrician choice?

marathon is ez mode

Epic. Marathon is too long now. Epic became a little bit more epic in six and is the correct choice for discerning civ anons.

I think the longer speeds are a lot comfier. Throw on a podcast, get a beverage of your choice, and chill out for a while

Focus production early game until you get a few Dust buildings up, then focus on Dust production now and forever.

A city with a governor is better than a city without one, especially if the governor has skills that you want i.e. Dust Boost or whatever.

>comfy

when are you morons going to switch to a different buzzword

What word would you prefer that would make you less angry?

'Relaxing' would be a nice start

maybe just 'enjoyable' if it doesn't actually have anything to do with comfortableness

and now i'm getting severely owned by raiding suspensor gunships. should've built more rocket troopers

generally it'd be better if you didn't post at all

fuck, autosave wasn't set to every turn. lost three turns of busywork

Said the literal Let's Player.

Make America Great Again: Missionaries, Apostles, and Great Prophets of other civilizations may not enter your cultural borders without an Open Borders Agreement.

Master Memer: Civilizations which have not yet researched the Social Media Civic suffer a Warmonger penalty one step higher when declaring war against America and suffer an additional 25% War Weariness penalty when at war against America.

A-10 Warthog: A unique air unit. Receives a +10 Strength Bonus against units of previous Eras.

Trump Tower: A unique building. Built within a Commercial District. +5 Gold Per Turn, +1 Amenities, and one addition Trade Route.

thread needed a change of pace from fondness of pigs

What about settlers, when should you buy them and how should you expand? I read a few people suggesting that you should build tall first and then expand & conquer like crazy when you have a good income, is this the best way?

Don't you just end up by the middle ages every time you play marathon?

this front is going kind of shit to be honest, lost two good cities and an internal backfill. Hardened Bladesmen are tough motherfuckers

going for air power in the hope that Hornets will turns things around

>try c2c
>consider settling a 6th city
>think of all the checklist I'm gonna have to go through again
>don't settle
I don't think it's a very good mod.

Generally 1 new city per empire plan, though you can go more if you can afford the luxury happiness and empire plan influence demand.

He should stop being in denial and accept his baldness already.

>baldness
The burden of proof is on you.

Jimmy Kimmel actually ruffled his hair,it's all real, or at least really great implants.

New Stellaris Race idea: Artificial Intelligence/Robots.

You can Start with a Revolution from an already existing Civilization.

He should get a proper haircut then. I'm glad he won, but I won't stand to see our President with such shit hair.