/scg/edg/ Star Citizen: Dangerous Elite Episode #87: Return of the Kilrathi

Wild space wild west edition

Old thread:>Star Citizen information:
pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

2.6 Flight changes are with the Evocati, Star Marine is now being tested internally across multible studios in online deathmatch games. Evocati is next, then PTU, then Live.

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=9Xy5pz7V7rI
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=EP9_U3EY9fw
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=heIm1-VsZeU
>Referral code randomizer:
robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist?referral=STAR-FC7C-MRSK
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5o3jxWVNhT0
youtube.com/watch?v=vTqFyYg46-Y
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Courier
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for bump limit is 750 and you need to make the new thread before it get archived faggos

Samefagging 2nd for best ship

y'all niggas need to learn how to use the cataloge

>tfw no 2.6 patch

2.6 patch is on it's way, didn't you hear what TheAgent says? He works at CIG.

Finally found an org that isn't total shit. Rejoice with me.

We'll have to see if his information is accurate for the sale.

>TheAgent
>accurate

Well, he's given us two bits of information. He's given us the bullshit (meant for somethingawful) which he's admitted to being bullshit. And he's also given us some anniversary sales which seem realistic and not bullshit. So again, without you spouting memes at me, we'll have to see.

inb4 you accuse me of being him

Agent pls go
Educated guesses aren't insider info, but we'll see.

>Finally found an org that isn't total shit
KWA?

>some anniversary sales which seem realistic and not bullshit
The trip is public. And even if some of them are true, so what?

Unless they suddenly pull it out of their ass with the 3rd pass of the flight changes for the evocati next week, it's not gonna happen. They can't possibly get it to live or even ptr by the 18th.

>TheAgent
>He works at CIG.
Ben?

youtube.com/watch?v=5o3jxWVNhT0

>Green armor
COLOR CUSTOMIZATION CONFIRMED FOR 2.6

I always figured he's MiniBen, leaking what he hears from word of month

Based agent, that Raiding pack looks legit af and I need it

3.0 when, lads?

One of Ben's many Nurglings

don't die now.

BEST SHIP to the rescue!

What's the highest you guys have ever brought in?

Thats not best ship.

such a sexy beast

shit taste tbqh

Caterpillar is only good when you're deep inside her

Nigga wtf you talking about? Caterpillar is going to be the best "Cargo" ship out there.

I mean just look at the layout of it so far.

They better get those fast animations in so those ladders take 2 seconds to traverse

Ramps and elevators would make better choices for ships interiors then ladders.

Caterpillar is confirmed BEST SHIP

I love everything about the Caterpillar except for the view from the cockpit it seems.

Freelancer level of retardation.

Remember to live, by your own rules and free from UEE. Live to your own beat, live up to Drake Interplanetary!

The Drake ships are consistently some of my favorites so far. They have that rough look that just seems practical and efficient a lot of the times.

My wallet is waiting for a Drake Sale.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTqFyYg46-Y

Decoupled a fun!
Fun!

this is ancient, they kind of shitted up the bridge module. I wish we could get a current external fullbody shot

I hope someday we have enough control over the flight computer that we can turn off proximity warnings should we so desire.

so, how are some of the "alternative" orgs taking the new president?

to whom are you referring to? Ved is largely celebratory, mostly from non american members funnily enough

KWA -Make Anime Great Again
Kong- Make Autism Great Again
Ved- Make Anthro Great Again

Fuck KWA who will never be relevant to anything.

KWA is the Gary Johnson of orgs

>KWA is the Gary Johnson of orgs
oh my fuck, thanks, I needed a good SC related laugh after the Trump Jubilee

decoupled flight is growing on me after IW.

Think were actually gonna get it?

>admitting to playing IW in this general

we haven't even got the one that won

Really wish they would get rid of all of the wheeled landing gears. They seem so strange for space craft

It's not like Elite or SC is playable atm. Besides, Lieutenant Salty is my waifu.

Well both are playable. Unfortunately one is lacking in content (understandably) because it's an alpha and the other is (not understandable) lacking in content.

>November 1, 2016
>I wanted to let you know we're listening... and acting. In our next build that will likely be next week, we're going to aim for the following:
>Removal of Cruise mode.
>Afterburner will take you to up max cruise speeds.
>Toggle for G-Safe for expert pilots to override for advanced maneuvers.
>Potential increase of base SCM speeds of fighters and interceptors (will be first evaluated vs the above changes).
>This is a reflection of why we created the Evocati. We appreciate everyone's passion, and while no change will satisfy every single person on the planet, we think this will start to give everyone the command, control, and flexibility they want in their flight experience.
>November 8, 2016
>Quick update: We're reworking mechanics of the above post. It's my current understanding that this work will take most - if not all - of the week, so it's reasonable to expect that we might not get a new build until next week.

there's absolutely no way this will backfire into making jousting normal

>Removal of Cruise mode.
>Afterburner will take you to up max cruise speeds.

uhh... what?

In other words you will probably not lose velocity once burner is off. It wont be a separate flight mode anyway but just the result of burning in a straight line for a bit.

Burn up to cruise speed, coast.

but that's not how space works.

rewl ov kewl

Didn't they recently change afterburner to consume fuel even at max speed? Maybe that will change if this is implemented as well, because otherwise nobody would be able to stay in cruise mode for very long at all.

>friction in space
>kewl

nah

sounds awesome, skill-heavy and dangerous

Is there any reason to upgrade from this thing? it doesn't seem like any ships above it get a huge jump in sats until you get way the fuck above it

looking at the imperial courier given it's amazing shields

how well would three rail guns work on it assuming I could actually hit my target?

elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Courier

looks comfy
if you could walk around it

Maybe once star citizen releases in 10 years, it's almost too much shit for one game

>Too much shit for one game

I don't get this meme. Neither what ED or SC are promising are too much shit. Maybe if either game suddenly decided to make each planet into a giant GTA style open world where you can wage wars with millions of other players at the same time you could make this argument.

So far it's been a standard space sim with planetary landing for both games.

>railguns
I don't think so, Tim.

Especially with 3 of them. You shoot them once and watch your heat skyrocket and your modules start to melt.

Typically people try to get cobra 3 but I call them faggots for liking that shit-tier looking triangle faggot ship, much prefer viper 3.

Isn't star citizen going to include first person shooter elements?

But railguns are so cool

They're already in game. Regardless, that's nothing exceptional. X Rebirth has first person exploration in stations.

Pick up the railguns and watch every single module melt from 400% heat when you shoot them in an icourier then.

Alternatively, you could NOT be a plebe and go with viper mk 3 with maximum dakka.

If you're flying a vanguard or SH why not joust?

Yes?

But they are using Cryengine which is FPS out of the box. The hard part is making the space part work which they have been working on for 4 years and hired a lot of the Crytek team.

Cobra is a straight upgrade to the Adder for multipurpose uses. 1 more internal compartment and 2 of them are Level 4 in comparison to the Adder's highest of Level 3 so those are an upgrade.
1 more Medium Hardpoint which is already a worthwhile boost in firepower
Signficantly faster by 80m/s
Base Jump Range is already better and can be upgraded better than the Adder's best FSD because its a class higher.
Higher Shields
Higher Fuel Capacity
Higher Hull
The only thing the Cobra doesn't do better is maneuverability, Adder has a higher maneuver rating by 2.
The Imperial Courier is also a fine choice but is much more suitable for combat than multipurpose, due its lack luster internal compartment sizes and higher amount of Utility Mounts

Uh Senpai's

Did you miss the part where they devoured half of crytek and built themselves a planet generator, and have since rebuilt Cryfps from the ground up for their own purposes?

Anyways, took all the info from the wiki and put it into one image, might need to scale it up though the text can get pixelated

>Cobra shitter
pls go and stay go
viper master race

And like says if you're looking for a combat ship and want something cheap, go for the Viper MKIII instead.

No, I didn't miss that part. My point is, it's not really promising too much. If suddenly Roberts woke up tomorrow and said that he wanted to have Planetside 2 scale battles with hundreds of factions with different vehicles A LONG with the space sim aspect, I would be the first one to call him out on promising too much. That or if he decided to add Farm Simulator completely into the game. Those are things that would be too much.

For Combat I agree, I love the Viper. But for multipurpose use, Cobra is better because of the Viper's vastly inferior Internals and FSD Class.

probably just going to keep saving for the courier, I can get along in combat just fine on my adder, using 2 burst lasers and a rail gun atm

You're delusional if you think Viper does anything but combat better. Everything that doesn't have to do with combat, Viper is utter shit tier in.

>implying viper does not have top tier aesthetics compared to the shitheap that is cobra

in other news, viper mk 4 buff when?

The Viper is the poorfag's Fer De Lance.
Stop being a poorfag.

>Is there any reason to upgrade from this thing?

Sure, but for what purpose?

The Cobra Mk3 is the next tier up for multipurpose. After that is the AspX.

For combat you're looking at DBS, iCourier and Vulture in that order.

The DBS handles rails better than you'd think it would because it has great heat management. iCourier has great shields but not so great heat management. The Vulture has no size 1 or 2 hardpoints so fitting rails would be a waste; it's meant to take on ships much larger than itself.

No point using a Viper since the DBS came out, to be entirely sincere with you.

Viper makes a decent alternative to the Cobra if you're bounty hunter oriented. I used the Mk IV to grind out an Asp E before I switched to that permanently when I was playing.

I guess I can live with a single rail gun and still be feared with the courier

I mostly try for assassination and bounty hunting stuff

>need to unlock Palin to get G5 dirty drives
>she's locked behind 3 other engineers
>one of which requires you to travel 5k fucking LY away
>another of which requires you ally with Sirius corporation
>its impossible to ally with Sirius now because their controlled systems have no missions anymore, and have no large landing pads either which is an added hassle

>I still play ED
>I still play ED
>I still play ED
>I still play ED
>I still play ED
What did he mean by this?

he meant "i still play ED"

Spacewalk when?

Fdev might get on that after the release of PlanetCoaster Tycoon Galaxy 7

Fdev makes me angry.

Keep crying EDfags, it's my understanding that the more tears, the saltier the meat when you become our cattle

Fdev might be a piece of shit and Elite riddled with grind and unfun bullshit, but at least we can play our game and not have to spend 10 grand to fly a spaceship :^)

:3

Does thread split user have autism?

I hate your fucking guts.

How in the fucking world did you manage to get allied with Sirius, its fucking impossible with the mission reworks.

>moos angrily
ok

>bleats angrily
ok

It's simple, really. I did it in 2.1.

I got to friendly in 2.1, and now I can't get to allied for the permit.

FUCK.

Also why so many hull reinforcements, learn to manage your shields nigger. Get a fucking SCB in there.

Why is it impossible to be allied with this npc?

Mission structure was changed in 2.1 and totally fucked.

Also payouts were nerfed like crazy because FDev doesn't like people having fun.

All the systems that Sirius owns have either zero missions or literally impossible to complete missions, and on top of that, only Ceos and Sothis have large landing pads.

Fuck.

It's a RES/CZ FAS. The shields come back up in seconds if they drop and I give exactly zero fucks about hull damage.

Hell anything smaller than an Asp isn't worthy of using ammo on and gets run the fuck over.