Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

All hail the king edition.

>What's new?

Two new heroes, Varian and Ragnaros announced at Blizzcon, along with a new brawl map and a couple of new skins.

us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20327398/new-heroes-and-more-announced-at-blizzcon-2016-11-4-2016

youtube.com/watch?v=4900jOY8cCM

>Latest patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20324866/balance-update-october-10-25-2016

>Upcoming patch notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20352063

>Where do I find you big human cock loving faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked. It's not worth it.

>Links nobody visits anyway
Official Site: us.battle.net/heroes/en
General News: heroesnexus.com
Tips & Tricks: heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips
Hero Rankings and Statistics: hotslogs.com/Default
Talent Calculator: heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
youtube.com/watch?v=U8wI3UCRjWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

I care more about having fun than doing well in high-level games. Recommend me the most fun hero in your opinion in each of the four categories. I always see people talking about the "best" but some heroes can be pretty dull.

Where the FUCK is Maiev????

>there is still an autismo in the thread that actually gives a fuck about reddit
>they won't even use a trip so you can't filter them

Subjective and multiple fun heroes in each category.

Try playing the game and finding them out yourself--like everybody else.

It's just become a habit at this point, and the guy who originally came up with it enjoys that I keep up with it. I'm the one who provided the picture though, so I like to think of it as a joint collaboration.

I also made the thread this time because nobody else was going to.

>there are people who try to defend and justify people ratting out and ruining people like axolotl
Maybe you should actually follow through with your reaction image.

I've dabbled in many heroes during free weeklies but I've been saving up for some of the 10k ones like Loeric, so I don't have a ton of them at the moment. Some of the more complex heroes require being good with them to be fun so I just thought someone who spends a lot of time with a specific character might want to recommend them or something. Just stimulating discussion.

don't worry, i probably will once i lose one more game

>tfw I'm the one who originally made it
>tfw the person who keeps reposting it each thread and actually accurately tells the truth
das
it
mane

Also, Doom 4 is fucking AWESOME.

Well I really enjoy unorthodox heroes. I have a lot of games played with insanely high winrates with "bad" heroes like Gazlowe. Yet majority of people sit their ball-sack on FoTM/OP/Meta assassin heroes.

Right here unfortunately.

>was away for weeks when that skin went on sale
JUST

Anyone wanna play a game on EU?

It's 7 in the morning and I just wanna play some quick match or unranked draft.

I have a 71% winrate with Gazlowe in diamond league and I can legitimately say at least 25% of the games I lose are solely because of teammates tilting at the pick.

People just obsess over the pro meta so much when it's blatantly wrong to apply it to hero league

personally ive played alot of heroes but none really hit so good as Tassadar did

there is always that one Hero you find that you are just good and have fun with

Yeah, agreed. I play other "meme" heroes (and do extremely well with) such as Azmo, Abathur and Nova. That's one huge thing HotS has over all other ASSFAG, is the balance and reliability of being good with a hero, where even if they're not "m-muh meta" you can still pump.

Tass' is considered mediocre (he needs some serious talent work) but is still a decent hero and I also really enjoy him (got him to level 9 quickly) but he isn't awful and can be fantastic.

rexxar
tychus (probably just because of the voice lines desu)
brightwing
abathur

black friday sale coming up fampai

I find it really hard to click with Brightwing. From what I played a lot of your contribution is just being alive and vaguely close to the rest of your team, and the voice lines are annoying as fuck. Seems useful enough but I don't know how people can tolerate the VA.

Would you Hammer a Bama?

Are accounts shared from EU to US? with the upcoming "play 30 games and get goodies" promotion i found a friend that'll do it with me but he's on US and i don't know if i'll get the stuff on my eu account
I know overwatch shares skins and progression but never tried it with hots

tough luck m8

I don't think so. I claimed that mechanospider mount a few days ago and it made me choose which server I wanted it on.

i like her voice lines but thats personal taste, just turn it off if its that bad

the main reason i like brightwing is that the healing is pretty passive, and i can focus on stuff that interests me more, like cc, dps, shielding people. theres a lot of room to play more aggressively as long as you're vaguely close to your team.

also global heroes make me wetter than the amazon

that's too bad then

I actually really enjoying healing with Kharazim. I know it's not the most optimal but if we're just talking about fun builds, having him heal passively while you pummel the fuck out of everything you see is fun. You can just start beating on walls or whatever if there's nothing around and you need some healing. You can contribute to your team quite a lot by being aggressive. You're not going to win in numbers but it's rewarding to play IMO.

i like kharazim too because of just that reason, but i don't play him much because i play a lot of tanks, so i tend to overestimate how much brawling you can do on kharazim before you feed

playing ranged characters keeps me in check and with a low death count

I want to play a character with a sword. Outside of Varian, what are my options?

He can be tough to use well, I'm terrible with him still but I'm going to stick with it. I've found if you don't get hits in constantly and reliably the rest of the team will finish off targets before you can get enough hits in to heal much, so you always need to be in the thick of it even though he can't take too much damage. Merc camps can be useful punching bags to top everyone up before a push, as well as letting the rest of your team leave fort walls behind if you need a safe target.

Greymeme

arthas has a toy sword
tyrael throws his sword at people
sonya has two swords
raynor has a sword on his gun
vikings also throw their swords at people
leoric has a sword that is fat at the end and not sharp
butcher has a meat sword i guess but all swords are for meat so idk
illidan ____________nevermind lol
samuro has 3 swords or wait is it only1 fuck i need glasses
greymane has a gun and a sword

Is it just me or is Tracer underpowered?

all you

Just you

not a shitter friendly hero

A good Tracer is annoying as fuck. She works similarly to her Overwatch playstyle in that she chips at you just enough that you want to drop what you're doing and focus her. If you ignore her and tank the damage you'll definitely suffer but she can get away faster than you can take her out most the time. Don't try and be ultra-high DPS with her

So Varian can be Prot, Arms, or Fury. That's pretty fucking amazing.

HOWEVER, can he a Gladiator (rest in peace) as well? This may determine whether or not I buy him day one.

like said she works exactly as in overwatch
If you're bad at her you're just dead weight and if you're good you'll make all the players in the enemy team want to kill themselves

Artanis and Alarak have space swords.

What can I do for you?

youtube.com/watch?v=U8wI3UCRjWM

For the Alliance.

Just for $9 you can indeed be a gladiator.

How is Alarak? I'm tempted purely for the Cthulhu skin.

Good hero. Easy to get into with a decent skill ceiling while being a simple enough hero.

The N'Zoth skin is poor, sadly. Looks way too fat and unpolished.

Just like Kerrigan, but I would say easier and a bit more versatile, but without the ability to combo multiple people, and lock somebody down.

>Ragnaros's screen is going to be in the Volcano and your going to see Varian's ship in the background.

>Alarak
>Easier than Kerri
Questionable. Kerri is insanely strong, retard-proof and easy to land combo when they made the AoE of them far larger.

You forgot the part where he also doesn't have to put himself in danger to be useful and has way better sustain.

Also his abilities are more than just useful than in a combo and have a lot of different ways they can be used. Telekinesis is way better than Kerrigan pull.

legit funnest melee assassin in the game, he's a kerrigan that can poke and with a combo that cant be dodged, does more damage, but silences instead of stuns

meta as fuck too, so nows the time to play him

>They are buffing his lightning again.

Why?

ragnaros can be a keep?

Forts and Keeps, yeah. He even has his own separate health pool when he does it, and he substitutes the building for himself, meaning he acn soak damage for the building form objectives, minions, enemy heroes, etc.

>not BIG HUMAN COCK edition

One job, OP.

I was going to, then I realized I'm tired of hearing it.

If there's a next time, I'll do it.

Again, why are you trying to force this meme? It lasted a week and it was never really funny. Mediocre.

>stop enjoying what I don't enjoy reeee

fucking kids these days

The best and cutest healer coming through

i hate varian
i hated that stupid character in wow and now i dont play it they kill it and dump it here
fuck you blizzard

What's wrong about him anyway? Never played WoW.

I give absolutely no fucks about any Alliance character, aside from Greymane, because none of them have ever seemed interesting to me aside from him.

Seeing that Varian will be able to spec to be a Protection, Arms, AND Fury Warrior, instantly makes me extremely happy to have him. I think his kit is absolutely fucking awesome, and I don't see how anyone who loves Warrior couldn't love Varian. SO, I say that to say that I'm pretty turned around on the guy. Never gave a shit about him in WoW, but I'm really liking him in HotS, and that's actually kind of bleeding a bit into WoW, in that I actually kinda wanna read about him a bit now.

And even though I just straight up hate the Alliance, the fact that he has Alliance representation all over him, ESPECIALLY on that Master skin of his, is pretty fucking rad. I wish the Horde had somebody like taht, but then again, there's no single character that could rep the entirety of the Horde in the way Varian reps the Alliance. In my opinion anyway.

But the Horde already has someone like Varian.

>Samuro

You obviously don't know squat about Varian so why bother lay out your uneducated opinion?
He does not in any shape or form represent the Alliance as much as you described, he represents it well, but not fully.
His story is much more elaborate and interesting than most horde ""characters""", objectively, that is.

>last 10 (confirmed) hero releases
6 from wow
2 from overwatch
1 from starcraft
1 literally who from diablo 3

why is this allowed guys?

>0 from hearthstone
ded

>1 literally who from diablo 3

Which one was that?

>1 literally who from diablo 3
Ain't nothing better than diablo fanboy tears,
you faggots have shat onto this game for long enough.

Does buying diablo3 get me any hots goodies?

What are some hots youtubers? btw if u like mfpallytime ur gay

Honestly, all of the Overwatch and Diablo heroes feel tacked on. They add nothing to the game and you can tell with pretty much all of them that they were made with memes in mind rather than quality.

HawkrayTV

>HawkrayTV
reddit pls go

cry moar bitch boy

>you faggots have shat onto this game for long enough.
and yet blizzard keep doing shit with this game without giving a fuck about its community.
Sometimes I dont' understand blizzard.

they're like Square Enix, they don't understand that nobody cares about some autist's passion projects like Diablo or the Xth final fantasy 13 sequel prequel gaiden game.

>Diablo

>overshit

Auriel
She was literally only added because muh female angel. She's completely irrelevant and has like 2 minutes of screen time in Diablo 3

Her China skin is one of the few China skins I haven't regretted purchasing.

I don't know why I thought Lunar Chen was worth while. I like the coin, but other than barrel, there isn't really themed abilities. Even China Illidan has more.

It might still give you Diablo.

Love it.

So, what's the deal with Mystic Kingdoms Arthas? I like the jade effect, but I don't really get it otherwise.

no. Just buy diablo 2, it's less expensive and have more content with a better replay value

Tyreal is just a quest giver and the only nondiablo3 class hero is Xul if you don't count the demons.
All of the Starcraft heroes are the recent shit, too.
Blizzard isn't trying to appeal to the crowd that's already in deep enough that they know Guy Montag was actually a hero in those shitty side missions or understanding the cow level meme. They're throwing out flashier shit that'll get people interested in the games they still work on so they can sell some more of those expansions they won't stop putting out.
I'm surprised the Innkeeper isn't a hero yet.

What's the deal with half the shit they crank out?
All of them are what-ifs that mesh terribly with the basic ability animations 70% of the time.
I know this game is basically a side project but if they put half as much time into the balance and new heroes as they did their legendary skins then maybe I wouldn't have 4 minute queue times.

>"we want the chinese audience"

]exaltedbythesunSupport 5 points an hour ago
This is easily fixed by not setting foot, ever, on that forum. For your own sanity. This subreddit is the best place to discuss HotS, but even /hotsg/ on fucking Veeky Forums would be better than the official forum.

The hots subreddit is the shittiest one I've ever seen

Why do you reposting reddit posts here?

>on fucking Veeky Forums
I'm still amazed at how redditors try to perpetuate this whole rivalry thing between these two sites.
Are they that lonely that they need to make out anonymoose to be some big bad guy that they outclass constantly?

Eh. I doubt it. I love the skins. They stole so much money from me like that.

The subreddit is just for crying about times people are toxic in hots, not for actually discussing the game.

People think of Veeky Forums as a cesspit, Reddit or not. They don't realize that it is literally just a forum with no usernames.

b-but diablo 2 got 4 patches this year and ladder reset will be in 2 weeks

This place is fucking trash to talk anything about the game. There is no structure or real discussion to be done. There aren't people whose opinions are worth anything AT ALL. If you think otherwise you are delusional.

The best place to talk about the game is fucking Reddit since the official forums are complete garbage. The upvote system actually works, filtering shitty discussions into the more relevant ones. It triggers all of your autism to see your opinion downvoted, but you gotta deal with it, your ideas were trash and nobody liked it. DEAL WITH IT.

Hi, redditor.

You could always start a discussion, make your opinion count, without being a pussy ass babyman wimp about it. Then again, I wouldn't care for shit what a low IQ suck-at-games loser like you had to say.

im gm noob

look out, you're GRIND MASTER

LIKE RANK MEANS ANYTHING IN THIS DEAD CASUAL GAME LOL

come on it wasn't even good bait