/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 4.01 SOON

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: plailect.github.io/Guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0/edit#gid=0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo released 11.2. Updating is safe for RedNAND/a9lh users. Several security flaws have been fixed. If you still don't have cfw, DON'T UPDATE: use ctr-httpwn to access multiplayer and eShop.
-You can downgrade from 11.2 with a hardmod or hacked system transfer. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Playing commercial games isn't possible at the moment without a DS flashcard, but it's being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015

>Wii U
-haxci has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/447688/
-Stable CFW with RedNAND released. gbatemp.net/threads/446819/
-You can run games from USB without IOSU. gbatemp.net/threads/445514

>Vita
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Self-updating version of English MaiDumpTool: github.com/LioMajor/MaiDumpToolEN/releases
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-More details on the 4.01 jailbreak. wololo.net/2016/10/26/details-surface-ps4-4-01-jailbreak-potentially-enough-public-release-soon/
-Rumor from a reputable warez group that hacks are coming soon. wololo.net/2016/11/02/ps4-xbox-one-hacks-trsi-announces-warez-getting-close/

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ywUjnPjvHGs
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7dUh1BPFfg&feature=youtu.be
gbatemp.net/threads/dlc-eshop-games-vc-on-sysnand-without-rednand.448152/
images.sankakucomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Anubis-EroCosplay-by-Non-50.jpg
smealum.github.io/3ds/
mega.nz/#!H9pDnAiT!ZUik9ZFGZkOd5o-0CpKWayD8asp6n2sj_osVEMGhkhc
mega.nz/#!54Yxgb6R!hamia5YX32YUBhv7PhP50KUtX_kX8Jyuauv8G_enGFU
youtube.com/watch?v=KbxQXwwURPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting from ded thread

So turned out i hacked 3ds in like march and it was a9lh and reinand 4.5. I did the upgrade as luma site says, configured luma 6.5 and it boots fine into SYS 10.7. Do i need anything else or i can just update that shit and that's all?

Can someone explain to me why the home menu hax requires you to already have homebrew in order to put homebrew on your 3ds?

does the bin file for the outlines for moon also works with sun?

if it says sys youre good to go.
just update.

posted after thread link
>Boot into the Homebrew Launcher (if you followed the previous part, you can do this by holding D-Pad down on boot
Why did this lie to me? I can't boot into the Homebrew Launcher like they say after only accessing browserhax. What step did they leave out?

>3.63 NEVER EVER

So 2016 is pretty much dead for Nintendo now, right? Only game left to release is the poorfag version of Mario Maker.

>3.61

>Well you don't need to restore the sysnand if you just restored emunand.
Are you sure? Hmm I might get confused if I try to go off course from the guide.

Still a bit to go, I hope this format and restore stuff worked out fine, seems a bit crazy.
My luck with this type of stuff is also terrible so I'll celebrate when I pass the finish line just to be sure.

>You shouldn't need to inject FBI or do anything else once your emunand is cloned, although you should download its most recent version and install it.

Alright let me just fact check some things

I'm on the Section IV - Restoring the System part now, and I've yet to do anything from this section as of now. Do I still go through with doing everything this section says?

Then I....Skip the next section entirely (Section V - Injecting FBI)?

How about the final section after that (Section VI - Finalizing setup)?

ALSO, BEFORE I DO ANYTHING, I'M STILL PARANOID AS FUCK ABOUT THIS ARM9LOADERHAX.BIN FROM WHEN I FORMATTED.

It was the only thing left on the SD after formatting, and its size is apparently a fair bit bigger than then Arm9LoaderHax.bin I backed up from before the formatting section.

So just for complete and utter clarification, I definitely use the one I backed up before the formatting, and NOT the one that was left after formatting?

Brick'd m8. The dream is over.

I followed the gif in the 3ds guide to switch from cakes to lunas3ds and now the system boots into a black screen.
Does anyone know what I did wrong?

So apparently you can install dlc and shit on wii u without rednand
does that mean you don't need a 64gb sd anymore¿?

>piratefags will never play Gun Gun Pixies
youtube.com/watch?v=ywUjnPjvHGs

/vitagen/ wins again

How do I get the Japanese and EU only items in ACNL? Specifically the Hello Kitty ones.

>playing weeb pantyshit
lmao

Mod in the hello kitty villagers with the ACNL editor.
Or fuck, mod in the items for that matter.

>tfw have incredibly slow cia install speeds
Before I format my SD, if I have a9lh all I need to do is copy and paste everything in root, right?

Yeah, that's what I want to do, I just want to mod the items directly into my inventory. Is there a guide or cia to do so that I can install on my 3ds?

>dumb karenshitter

I'm not moving on from this step without some responses. I get the feeling this arm9loaderhax shit is going to fuck me over.
The guide doesn't even fucking mention it either for fuck sake.
Why didn't it just say
>Oh hey and there will be a file left over after you format your card, feel free to just delete that and use the one you backed up earlier
If that's what I'm supposed to do.

God fucking damn it, there's always something like this that stops everything from going smoothly.

Still won't boot into the homebrew launcher just by holding dpad down. I have to go through the browser to get in, and I'm wondering if that's what's preventing my downgrade.

will i need a game to hack a 3ds if im on version 9.5.0-23U?

source?

Use JKSM, export savedata, then google ACNL save editor.
and put your garden_plus.dat into that from your directory "root:/JKSV/saves/animal crossing", edit your stuff.
(don't unlock all PWPs or use the complete encyclopedia, it'll corrupt your save)
overwrite your old garden_plus.dat and then import again using JKSM

no, just follow plailect's guide

Yes, use the backup. You have a9lh installed, that .bin is only where it loads from. If you ever have issues, you can download another one. You're not at any risk anymore. All you're doing now is cleaning up, you can't brick at this point.

If you have a .cia installer already on your emunand (FBI, BBM, DevMenu) you can skip injecting FBI. You should do the finalizing set up part. You can probably ignore the "restoring tickets" since you overwrote your sysnand.

It tells you restore your backup, which generally means replacing anything left over. If it was important, it would say so. This guide has been through countless revisions and is constantly updated to reflect changes in the process.

You're doing it wrong, you have 5 step to follow
>change your theme
>boot browserhax
>install homebrew launcher while being in the homebrew launcher
>in the options oh the homebrew launcher install change your key to boot with d-pad down
>reboot while pressing d-pad down

I say "have" in regarding to emunand, I should have said "had," because your emunand is now gone because it's cloned to your sysnand.

When I try to play Moon I get pic related. How do I get Moon working?

>Try to install hex edited for outline-less Pokemon Sun
>fails

Boooooo. I wonder what went wrong.

details of your setup senpai

Are you, perchance, using Emunand and/or >cakes?

Can I have the source on OP's image.

visit support.nontendo.com

I'm surprised no one is talking about it here
there's even video but it's in spanish youtube.com/watch?v=Y7dUh1BPFfg&feature=youtu.be

gbatemp.net/threads/dlc-eshop-games-vc-on-sysnand-without-rednand.448152/

>>install homebrew launcher while being in the homebrew launcher
Which software do I open to do this in the homebrew launcher's list? It's not mentioned in the guide at all.

images.sankakucomplex.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Anubis-EroCosplay-by-Non-50.jpg

I think that part was from the old guide
also he means use homebrew launcher to install menuhax manager

Okay good stuff then. So as far as Restoring the System's section is concerned, do I skip all the first few steps it says and just update immediately?

>If you have a .cia installer already on your emunand (FBI, BBM, DevMenu) you can skip injecting FBI.
I do have one, right? I installed something FBI related in the first section of the guide if I recall correctly, but see that's what is confusing the shit out of me again.
If the guide said at the start to install FBI, then why would this step ever be necessary at all?

Hey, I just got arm9lh with luma, but now the 3ds doesn't turn on without the sd card, someone knows how to fix that?

>Non
That woman does things to my dick.

yeah my bad, it's menuhax
It's been a long time since I did mine. didn't remember how it was called

Will the Moon cia brick my shit if I go online or go to the eShop?

If so why the fuck should I use it
>playing pokemon entirely offline

Where the FUCK is my ePSP?

Has anyone here with Sun/Moon successfully altered their .cia to remove outlines?

Yeah, mine is literally unuseable now avoid it at all costs, $40 is worth it

Oh. Well that one consistently fails at the "Downloading config via HTTPC" step for me. The error message says it also checks the SD card for the config - is there a place I can get that and just put it on the SD instead of doing the download?

>tfw IOSU actually happened and now we don't even need emunand

I haven't tried going to the eshop, but I have been playing online with it and nothing has happened so far.

That's normal son. If you need to change SD card, copy-paste the files from the old card to the new one.

Yes

All the fuckery done with the system may require a reinstall, who knows. All I know is that if you have FBI installed at current, you have no reason to inject it again. But you should install the latest version of it for the QR code compatibility.

And yes, you can just update. The first two wouldn't apply to you. And once you update you're pretty much done, the rest is installing a few ease-of-life apps and cleaning up.

People last thread were saying it breaks shit if you go to eshop or online with it

I don't know if this works, but go here
smealum.github.io/3ds/
input your system version that you have now and download the ropbin
remane it to "menuhaxmanager_input_payload.bin" and put it in the "menuhax" folder on the root of your sd

does this really improve performance on o3DS?

Did you have to do anything special apart from simply altering the cia with a Hex editor? Because I did that and then FBI failed to install it.

It does not
There was a mega link to a .code file you put into some folder into the luma folder a number of threads ago and you just have to enable lang/code patches in luma settings and it's good to go, no hex editing required and if you don't like it just rename the file

How do I remove outlines if I already installed the cia?

Is there a custom .data available?

I wonder if it's possible to make the lines even thicker

I don't suppose you have a link to that file, or if it's really small, would you be able to upload it?

THICC

I used another computer to transfer the file but lemme see if I can dig it up

>7. Navigate to arm9loaderhax.bin, then press (A) on it and select the “Copy” option

There's no arm9loaderhax.bin that I can see.
Any idea what I'm missing here?

SMTxFE undub isn't in the pastebin. Does anyone know where I can get it?

>It does not
So it's useless?

I'm still using Cakes. How do I change to a new CFW on my 3DS? Do I have to nuke my emuNAND partition and start all over again?

I like how it looks
mega.nz/#!H9pDnAiT!ZUik9ZFGZkOd5o-0CpKWayD8asp6n2sj_osVEMGhkhc
put it in /luma/code_sections/ and in luma settingsdo:
"Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code"

It probably wants you to copy the one on your root to the CTRNAND so you can boot without the SD card in if you want to. Not sure when you were supposed to put one in the CIA folder.

Up to you if you care about that. Once again, there's no brick risk anymore.

no you would need a separate bin file for sun

Does anyone know what I did wrong?
I followed the gif that said it was simple to switch cfw.

Duckduckgo

Does somebody have a bin file for sun that removes the outlines? editing the hex values for my cia corrupted it

Literally just posted how I did it man

Impregnating the tomato.

Link me to sun and i'll try making one.

for sun, not moon

Do I have to do anything extra to "activate" that once I've placed everything appropriately? Or will it just werk?

That's what you do in luma settings, it just werks

Didn't work, unfortunately.

will it work for moon too?

And by the way, once you finish with that finalizing stuff and your system version says "Sys ," you're officially done.

hey man, do you have a screen to screen direct comparison to see the effect of removing the outline? if yes please post it, if no don't sweat it

For sun, not moon

mega.nz/#!54Yxgb6R!hamia5YX32YUBhv7PhP50KUtX_kX8Jyuauv8G_enGFU

That one is for moon, I don't know about sun but changing the filename to sun's titleid might work. Either way if it's moon you're worried about it works.

I don't sorry

guess you just have to rely on browserhax for whenever you want to use the homebrew loader then.

Ah okay my bad

>It probably wants you to copy the one on your root to the CTRNAND
>CTRNAND
What's that?
I put it in my CIA folder and it still wasn't visible.

>And by the way, once you finish with that finalizing stuff and your system version says "Sys ," you're officially done.
I'm on version 10.3.0 - 28E
Hopefully that's all right.

Damn right. Yuri's are built for sex.

yes

Is it safe to update Streetpass in the app if I have a9lh?

CTRNAND is the main filesystem in the 3DS internal memory.

You can access its contents with FBI or GodMode9

>CTRNAND
Honestly, nothing you should worry about. It's an optional newer thing for booting without your SD card in. Which, why would you ever want to?

If it says Sys 10.3, then yes, that's all right. If it doesn't then it will once you do steps 20-23 in that section. And you're done and can update like normal.

Since you're finished, would you do something for me? Just a little token thing, since I've been helping you these past couple hours.

Apologize.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbxQXwwURPY

Forwarder guy here. I figured out the problem that literally none of you could help me with. The moon shell opens the games directly and the other one opens the YS menu to launch the games thanks for the help.

SISSY ANIME BOYS GO HOME!

Can I go home with you, daddy?

Not this user but I'd like to know thus also.

No. EmuNAND is a copy of your SysNAND. CFW is what loads your EmuNAND. Switching CFW is as simple as extracting a few files to your SD card.

Luma3ds has installation instructions on the wiki.

So. Nintendo releasing special edition N3DS for $100 black friday.

Good deal, but what firmware do you think it will ship with? I'm not sure what the timetable is between manufacturing and firmware releases.

So I want to start messing around with editing my pokemon save files but don't want to have to keep taking my SD card out nonstop to make edits on my PC...what ftp thing am I supposed to use so I can access the files via wifi? I've never done used any ftp programs with my 3ds as of yet