/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Quokka edition.

>DCSS 0.19 Tournament is running until the 20th! Teams lock on the 11th
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.19/

>DCSS 0.19 Released
crawl.develz.org/wordpress/crawl-0-19-dancing-through-memory

>Nethack annual DevNull tournament is running until the end of November
nethack.devnull.net/

>IA 19.0 beta (9b12edf) Windows - with level-up crash fixed!
www20.zippyshare.com/v/SLn9DYZx/file.html

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/bpmefa.zip
github.com/floatRand/PoschengbandR
nikheizen.github.io/404.html
roguetemple.com/z/hydra/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do well in your games, anons! If you splat, learn from it and try not to splat too much!

I don't like how splat sounds desu.

LOL LE EDITION MEME

help why do i keep trying to play terrible classes even though im not Good At Videogames

Why are you upset?

What's the most innocent roguelike?

Caves of Quckoldry.

That's the opposite of innocent.

Don't know about you, but I'm an masochist

Not if you're the one being quckolded.

The M60 seems to be a popular weapons among civilians.

I've already found two of them in basements

After two floors of player ghosts chasing me(one being a MiBe), I think my luck is starting to turn

DELET

If they want a vaguely military rifle they need pre-automatic ban surplus or more realistically semi-auto AR-15s.

Not a big deal though.

nevermind

It really is, isn't it?

Cute.

DCSS Weeb Tiles edition when?

What did you do to the poor guy that not even cookies and cheeseburgers could cheer you up?

Draw your current roguelike run NOW.

reposting because some nigger-loving kike started this thread early

i remember a meme like this, but i forgot how it went exactly. graphics is something, complexity is bloat, content is gameplay, or some such

> >there is , but you can't any more
please respond you meme loving fuck

i tried

What are the odds of these glass walls disappearing as soon as I go down this hallway...

100%

Alright, posting to new thread:

I am gonna throw the Poschengband fork I did at you now, named Pochenband R.
It really isn't much new, R is for whatever you believe.

Stuff altered:
> Much faster leveling. The difference isn't major at beginning, but to level from 49 to 50 you need only 1/3 of the experience.
> Slightly altered itemization. Alchemist/Temple now sell some better potions/scrolls rarely. Black Market's goods kinda depend on player level.
> Item identification is significantly easier. At beginning players have much stronger pseudo-id, and gain instant pseudo-id at 25. Easy-id just gives auto-identify from get-go.
> Player starts with lantern
> Nexus cannot scramble stats outright, but instead siphons stats to another ( maximum alteration of 4 )
> Scrolls of Acquirement just now quarantee one special item. *Acquirements quarantee one special item as well, but with higher generation level.
> There's option to show stats as 3 to 40 instead of 3 to 18/***. You can turn it off in text display-options
Stuff added:
> Two classes; Maledict and Alchemist. Maledict is a melee-class that gets stronger with curses and has some abilities based on them ( more of a mind/hybrid class, perhaps misplaced ), while alchemist is a device-class that can store potions like Magic Eater and throw them at foes. Or just reproduce them. Both classes are kinda untested and unbalanced, so give them a spin and give opinion on them, unless they bore you to death.Then stop playing them and tell my why they bored you to death.
> One personality: eclectic. Basically gish-setup, gives boost to skills and ability scores, but has 125% exp.
> One unique monster at 85+ depth. Well, a pair, really.

There's probably some other stuff I am forgetting, but it is probably not important.

Binaries: my.mixtape.moe/bpmefa.zip
Here's source/git: github.com/floatRand/PoschengbandR

> remember a meme like this, but i forgot how it went exactly
this meme was originally written by george orwell

but there are real not-stuck-behind-windows wraiths at the end

nikheizen.github.io/404.html

i'm really sorry that fucked up the new thread everyone..

Why the fuck did I think Slimy should be my third rune?

As long as you know what not to do now.

Speaking of the OP. This line:
FAQ and What to Play
Should be prefaced with a > for formatting to be consistent.

>FDA on D:4 as a MuMo

This is the one, boys

wood elv sniper killing hydras in the swamp for that sweet sweet freexp (and lods of emone)

they basically get a 0-cost phasedoor so they're pretty good at immediately just scumming that place for xp as long as they don't mind abandoning their ammo on the ground if a pack of enemies shows up

Any plans for later?

I wish I had brought scrolls of magic mapping.

i fell for the stone skin meme

Elaborate please.

i asked how to do good on transmute last time i visited this general

someone said ''play troll, worship chei, get stone skin and win for free''

so far ive done just that and its pretty free

So I had to escape into a Labyrinth to survive, and I'm only XL10.

As an unarmed Mummy worshiping Gozag.

Can I lure the Minotaur far enough away from the staircase that he can't find his way back if I teleport and ditch him?

>pretty free

free what

game

win
rune get
do good smash all with troll

>Labyrinth as an unarmed Mummy
Just tab the memetaur you fucking scrub.

That's pointless. He will be teleported back to the staircase

>try to play master blasters (made of plaster)
You have to try to make a build and position yourself and not run out of stamina, and other stuff that requires more than my 3 (three) int. I miss pumping str and vit and letting things punch you in the face while your friends do the blasting.

Also it is 100% canon that female orbs wear a fake beard.

>stone skin
what version are you playing
you sure you dont mean statueform

>statueform
yes this

Well yeah, statueform + blade hands with troll is pretty obscene.
Still not instawin setup I'd say, since it can be tricky to get going.

Well, I personally prefer to add tornado to statueform, got lots of wins like this.
You don't have to be a troll, though it helps.

i am not an artist

Very fucking nice, user. Is that from Poschengband R?

what are the chances you find a randart with your own name generated on it?

I always had a feeling the rogue-like gods hated me but this is just personal spite

R A R E
also:
>has pain in the name
>not branded with pain
bloat

Kinda yeah. Tooting my own horn. Currently testing out Maledict.

trolls are just cool

>can draw
>can code
When are you releasing you're own game?
Terrible drawings user why are all your characters girls.

>39 games (won status=statue-form): 9x Octopode, 6x Demonspawn, 3x Troll, 2x Tengu, 2x Vine Stalker, 2x Felid, 2x Grey Draconian, Formicid, Spriggan, Vampire, Purple Draconian, Halfling, Human, Ogre, Minotaur, Merfolk, Kobold, Demigod, Deep Elf, Basajaun

Once it is done.

Someone is addicted to crawl.

what a noble sacrifice!

i don't follow

are you trying to say that only 39 games have been won with heavy use of statueform, or are you just showing how many games have been won with the statue form status active
if the latter, what's the point

not that rare

yes the game specifically looks at your character name and names artifacts after you

He didn't post the command so I figured it was his statue form wins.

>39 games (won status=statue-form)
3 (three) int

>you have to paste every block of text you copy character for character
>it is illegal to post a screenshot without your ign in it
Ok.

what are you memeing about now
i literally dont understand

he's calling you a lying shitposting savescumming faggot because there's no way to verify you have those wins, nor the quality of those wins, if you don't post your online ID

What does this fork from?

Casting Darkness allows pretty much the same thing though.

5.0.2 Poschengband.

no ring drop from sauron rip

i think demonlord usually/always has the *fire, but that one has con/speed/tele and 4 high resists as well!
pretty nice

What about an edutainment math roguelike where monster resistances and weaknesses are based on number properties?
>dude this death yak is vulnerable to prime numbers lmao

already been done, find a new gimmick

an open world golf adventure game where you can complete the holes in any order

What about an edutainment chemistry roguelike where monster resistances and weaknesses are based on perfectly simulated molecular reactions?
>dude this death yak is vulnerable to unsaturated hydrocarbon lmao
>*unzips +9 alkyne stick of halogenation*

hydra slayer brah

roguetemple.com/z/hydra/

for maximum math play as an echidna

hmm I like it
how about a programming roguelike where you have to perform actions by writing or calling functions/sub-routines
compiling speed is basically your attack speed, if you get a compilation error then you've basically wasted a turn, run-time/logic errors count as misses or failed action
you can equip an interpreted language for lower power attacks but much faster attack speed

Is there any -band without bloat?

sil, but despite taking place in the Iron Fortress of Angband it isn't actually a *band

Someone is enjoying their college studies, huh user?
Ganbatte!

I just like games with autistic mechanics based on real-life science.

Embrace the bloat. The more you hate, the more you feel.

What about an edutainment roguelike roguelike where monster resistances and weaknesses are based on different roguelikes?
>dude this death yak is vulnerable to faggotry lmao
>*unzips +9 crawl stick of removal*

/rlg/ would you happen to know if it is intentional that in Cata:DDA the melee weapons style "medieval swordsmanship" doesn't work with a replica zweihander?
Does a similar effect happen with other weapon styles such as Niten-Ichi Ryu while wielding a replica katana?

it makes sense, considering replicas would not be weighted as a genuine weapon would be

but knowing DDA devs its definitely an oversight

>Does a similar effect happen with other weapon styles such as Niten-Ichi Ryu while wielding a replica katana?
Yeah, they only work with genuine nippon steel.

>it makes sense, considering replicas would not be weighted as a genuine weapon would be
This is true, but if we're taking that into effect why does medieval swordsmanship work with the 2-by-sword? There's no way that's weighted correctly

the 2-by-sword is WEIGHTED by YOU, the SMITH

it is entirely an oversight, i can promise this with the utmost certainty

>it is entirely an oversight, i can promise this with the utmost certainty
Guess I'll submit a bug report that will never be addressed

sounds like a fuckup to me tbqh

just oneshot my first unique as a sniper in pcb
although i was 2.5x his level

kekked hard

what would these threads be if not for the grouchy autists that only shit on crawl even though it's the only thing anyone plays

what did he mean by this?

good

Actually, I had an idea for a roguelike. I am a computer engineer with a pretty good understanding of how computers work. I thought it would be cool to make one where you are a program, and items are subroutines (enemies are generic programs, like stdlib funcs for c/c++). You start in the harddisk, and fight your way to main memory, into the cache, and finally into the pipeline. You could even have it like in DCSS, where instead of going to main memory, you had an open area called "The north bridge", where you could go to I/O peripherals (harder areas), and be able to bypass fighting through main memory/cache by riding an interrupt straight into the pipeline. If you wanted to get really cool, you could even BUILD items/consumables (Crafting) by picking up things like for loops, if/else, and damage modifiers. Like, if(enemy type) (run prog 1 with damage x) else (run prog 2 with damage y), or for (x turns) (do damage x). Should I make this game? I am not really a computer graphics guy, more embedded/ML.

funnie poopies