calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
---
Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/
-----------------
-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com
> How is it free?
They invest your unsettled funds after a trade. It's also pretty basic shit.
> When is it coming to my country?
Never. They only have "plans" on an Australian beta.
> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
If it takes more than 3 days, try emailing their support. They are very good.
> Is this the place to pump and dump and/or shill a worthless stock?
Yes
> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, am I being jewed?
No, that would actually be illegal. Robinhood graphs are just shit and only show you an average, not-really-realtime price. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform. -- (also learn difference between LIMIT and MARKET orders!!!)
> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
thinkorswim is bretty gud if you want to go open a second account with real broker.
Otherwise you should be using stockcharts.com, finviz, or Yahoo/Google finance for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.
>How do I git gud?
Technical analysis-investopedia.com/terms/c/candlestick.asp?layout=infini&v=5F&orig=1&adtest=5F
or watch martin shkreli finance lessons youtube
> Can I use Robinhood on my PC?
Yes, download an android emulator. Setup is extremely easy. memuplay.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strike_price
theoptionsguide.com/strike-price.aspx
theoptionsguide.com/put-option.aspx
theoptionsguide.com/call-option.aspx
cfe.cboe.com/education/vixprimer/about.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=oQTd_tABrp4
wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/02b3399c25f96bc2ce3a70dbce628620cf726c29
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone else buy in on the sweet AMRS dip

TVIX

JUST

What to buy in anticipation of trump presidency?

Rip

of course.
I bought about 8000 shares at 1.08 this morning when I thought it was going to the moon. took an exam, came back and it was at .80, sold because I thought it was going even lower, then rebought becuase it went back up at .81. Now i can sell because i used the last of my day trades.

Honestly? $UVXY/$TVIX

I can't sell.

>panicked sold TVIX at 21.18 (at a profit)
JUST

when is the suicide date?

>panicking holding 2x leveraged volatility ETN

what are you some kind of bitch?

Boy rebuy and hold till Election Day or shit even sell it tomorrow

>When you're making consistent gains on volatility

if you actually understand what volatility is and how its movements are caused you can make money from it every single day

there are professional traders who only trade volatility

explain it

>memed by pharma again
Is there no hope for gains? Fug. Well looks like I'm gonna baghold forever again.

As I wrote in another thread, if $JAZZ is getting literally fucked backwards, everything else in bio is going to get obliterated too.

Just baghold

youre actually an idiot if you cant make money in this market

> open price and strike prices have increased divergence

explain

gogoel it

if they are different from each other by more than expected

Yes I know, I mean, whats a strike price. And what is a significant divergence

I couldn't I'm just dicking around now cause with the election around it makes this volatility thing easier for me at least

If you don't know what a strike price is you probably shouldn't be making trades based on them.

LABD

>open price and strike prices have increased divergence
SO this is the defiunition of moneyness?

pretty much

different jargon for the same idea

I'll do the study, but how do I use this information to my advantage? RObinhood doesnt give me this information from the loks of it

you have to guess what it is or do the equation yourself and reserve engineer it

I think that the median strike price that the VIX equation is working on right now is somewhere around 2160 in SPX so for the next 2 weeks or so, as the price moves away from 2160, volatility increases and all the ETNs using VIX as an underlying asset are going to go up in value

Ok, SO i understand the verbage very well now

theoptionsguide.com/strike-price.aspx

theoptionsguide.com/put-option.aspx

theoptionsguide.com/call-option.aspx

common sense but just weird terminology. how do I use it to make money

hooly shit, thank you, any place to practice or use these equations. so i know for next time

enjoy quantitative finance
cfe.cboe.com/education/vixprimer/about.aspx

>cfe.cboe.com/education/vixprimer/about.aspx
Not anymore complicated than what I did for stats, awesome.

thanks again user

What do I invest in assuming a Hillary win?

it looks worse than it actually is

the variables are explained somewhere further in the explanation

the equation itself is only really useful for either determining VIX yourself, or reverse engineering strike prices of the option portfolios used in its current moving equation

you can always just ballpark it using VIX charts on thinkorswim or some shit and where ever it falls fastest in a day is roughly where the median point between both sets of option portfolios are and you can make decisions from there.

private equity of CTR

shillary isnt going to win, shes going to jail.

prison stocks

If I had known this stuff, I wouldnt have done
Literally just lost my savings and 3/4ths my most recent paycheck.

>these earnings

oh my god this is like a perfect fucking storm for the vix im cumming

rip gpro

dont invest in memes kids

rippety rip bizzity biz

>Invest in MSTX after it finally gets some good news behind it.
>It goes up, and then starts losing ground
>Again.

It just doesnt make sense.

Thanks

If people would have listened when i posted evidence of a reverse cup and handle pattern you'd still have money. Also the fact that the stock had average volatility the past 2 days is an indicator it was going to fall.

>Invest in MSTX
>starts losing ground
>doesnt make sense

>invest in MSTX
>it goes down
>doesnt make sense

>MSTX
>Down
>doent make sense

youtube.com/watch?v=oQTd_tABrp4

Ok but why would I have listened to some trip fag on biz. i mean, hindsight is 20/20

Should i sell now or hold

have a nice evening my dudes
see yall tomorrow

dang bro

I would sell if I didnt reach day trader limits, so dumb aND CHEATYING. warren buffet can day trade all he wants. there are career day traders, why cant i do uit

Where oh where would you have gotten the idea to invest in AMRS in the first place? Oh right, some trip fag.

Get out. Don't get in until after the election. It's not passing $1 for a while.

GPRO -30%

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

To protect your money against volatility... or so they say. Imagine if the law didn't exist? we'd all be broke for sure.

>to protect my money
>protect my money
>MY money

if there wernt day trader rules, people would probably loose 1-2% rather than being restricted and loosing 30% or more of their portfolios.

>cfe.cboe.com/education/vixprimer/about.aspx
btw user you've been really helpful and spread some good education around here.

I'm probably going to sell AMRS tomorrow and go all in on TVIX. Who's going to want to hold over this weekend? Everything will be red except the VIX.

Tfw bought amrs calls at .77 and its at .84 right now.

You're lucky. I'm just glad I didn't panic sell. Slowly it'll climb back up to a dollar hopefully

Why the hell are people investing in stocks that are losing?

And then giving up after the stock goes down a whole 2%?

What the fuck?

Millenials are known for having weaker hands than their fathers. Biz is no exception

if I loose 2% once, I think I can turn around an make 10% because at that point i'll know if I should short or go long on it.

There are probably over a thousand companies that are down 10% or more in the markets right now. Go nuts.

Options contract are traded at parity value. I.e given the strike price, risk-free rate, stock value and put option, the call value is given.

The call value itself can be calculated from its volatility.

If you expect the volatility of the stock to be higher than the market does, you can use option contracts that net you a profit based on movement either up or down just as long at it moves enough.

Call option = stock + put option - present value of strike price

Call option = wikimedia.org/api/rest_v1/media/math/render/svg/02b3399c25f96bc2ce3a70dbce628620cf726c29

I went all in at. 80 if the profits are there in the am I'm cashing out if not I'll hold thought the weekend, expecting 50% returns

20% is possible but 50% is ridiculous, especially before election day.

Yes because thats how markets work.

Stocks go down and people give up on the stock, and then all of a sudden the stock goes back up magically one day after it crashed hard because everyone wants to buy into a stock thats going down.

TOPS tomorrow

Buy UVXY or TVIX, Trump is gonna win

why would tvix change if trump wins? how much do I buy?

Trump is not gonna win unless hillary gets a conviction.

>AMRS collapsing even further in afterhours after mild recovery earlier in the day

>watching after hours
depressing

>tfw you started The Great Canadian Weed Stock Pump and Dump of '16 and just sold for a handsome profit

>tfw reading that paper about why amrs dropped 24%

oh fuuck my heart i gotta sell asap tomorrow

It's easily droping to 50 cents a share. god damn if I could short this stock I would

You know what, if it gets to 60-70, im doubling down and buying a fuuckton

like $240,000 worth.

I'm not selling, I'll baghold for all eternity if I have to. So long as I see no threat of delistment or bankruptcy, I believe in the recovery

has this philosophy made you at least 25% on your total investment to date? if no its worthless.

>350,000 shares of AMRS.

My mouth is watering.

I bought 1089 shares of amazon at the dip, sold the next day for 42k profit.

I went to medical school, was a er doctor for 6 years, got lucky going all in on a stock, made enough to retire before 30, now I fuck around with my savings until i have to work again

before 40***

so are we /UVXY/ yet?

Bagholding for eternity doesnt sound like a good idea. Theres no point in holding a stalling or falling stock. There are lots of stocks that are going up that you could be holding.

>retiring on 42k

Go wipe some ass doctor

No I didnt retire on 42k dumbass.

I'm playing around with my savings. the 42k is chump change I made fucking around with money i have left over.

Welcome to roleplay general, where the stories are made up and no one cares about your life.

Sure you did big guy

We're going to 30 nigga

TVIX almost hit 100 for Brexit. Will it go even higher for US Elections?

what does TVIX represent?

Should I short AMRS?

if you want lose your house, sure.

No buy the dip you fuckwad

All in.

yup i'll be shorting.

>always go against what biz suggests.

Stay poor faggot idc brb picking out smoking jacket to wear at yaht club

Do the opposite of what Veeky Forums tells you.
No joke, you will make money

too late faggot, already own a yacht.