What will America do once the Baby boomers retire and the labor shortage kicks in?

What will America do once the Baby boomers retire and the labor shortage kicks in?

Everything is fucked anyhow. Just sit back and watch the flames roll in.

Bringing the job demand to a new equilibrium, aka laying off bullshit jobs and making immigration from anyone that knows perfect english easier

Businesses will cry to mommy government just like they always do.

I'm a CFA charterholder, I'll definitely just move to another country.

Companies will actually have to start hiring millennials. I say bring it on.

Bring in more immigrants

By then the robots will be ready

> shortage

Once BB leave the workforce, productivity, efficiency and innovation are all gonna skyrocket.

cut welfare and force the NEETS and millenials to work

>labor shortage
This some kind of meme like how the big tech giants push muh STEM shortage we need more STEM graduates and need more visas meanwhile they lay off their entire tech department.

I think all of the above hold a little truth on the matter

>"We're going to have more retirees than workers in a generation"
>"Dude that sounds like a fucking meme"

Okay like I'm not pro mass immigration and when it comes to stuff like "Muh STEM shortage!!!" yes it's clearly a meme, but dude there is going to be a labor shortage if the non-retired part of the labor force participation rate (aka NEETs) do not get "incentivized" to work

This.

this.

It will be interesting to see what this does to consumer spending though.

There will likely be no labor shortage because:
1. Half or more of them will not retire ever.
2. Technology will continue to eliminate positions
3. Boomers that will retire, will cut spending drastically leading to strong decreases in demand, further leading to no hiring/layoffs.

mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans mexicans

pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets
pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets pajeets

Make tunzadosh and loadsamone.

Import twenty million pajeets and chinks

Canada imports 300000 immigrants per year with recommendations to increase this to 450000

The brown tide is here and we are drowning in it

>retire
you mean die? yeah no. the jobs die with them.

I hope we pull out the social security rug from underneath them.

No retirement for the irresponsible fuckeroonies.

we will.
historically the retirement age has always been the average age of death.

that's been creeping up over the years, we'll probably adjust it. By the time we retire, retirement age will be 98 or so.

Board members of companies across the country will start sweating bullets because they spent the last 20 years refusing to train kids to eventually step into corporate leadership roles.

At that point, pundits will write a bunch of gay articles about how no one in the labor force is qualified to do anything, and that everything is the fault of Millennials.

Rather than train new hires, those board members will just consolidate millions of jobs so less people are doing more work for much less of a payroll hit.

PhDs won't even be able to get jobs at big box retail stores due to the astoundingly high demand for employment, and a federal hiring freeze will be enacted.

The government will eventually step in and make the case for more H1B visas and open-door immigration policies to fuck us even harder.

Wew lad

Nice to know a minor collapse is in store, and pajeet and Chang will inherit the earth

This. Pajeets for the white-collar jobs and Mexicans for the blue-collar

This

This

I fucking hate working with Boomers. No capacity for innovation. Most want to spend their entire career punching the clock at the same lame, safe company and retire at 65. I can really get into working with Gen X and Y though. Fuck, these guys work hard and aren't afraid of change.

>Implying they will ever retire

My parents will have to work until they're dead

highschool diploma will be the new masters degree, things are looking up

>tfw eddy was the reason you grew up to be so jewish and money hungry

There will never be a shortage of low skilled US blue collar labor, thats what the midwest is for. It's the high skill jobs that will be an issue.

Put wages up to keep what employees they have, and shut down the service industry to keep proper businesses afloat since nobody can afford haircuts without a job.

The boomers will get ugly and have to make their own coffee.

There won't be a shortage. Most white collar work can be automated (or will be able to be automated by the mid 2020s).

So, the baby boomers will retire and will be replaced by software or robots.

Then society will fall apart because unemployment will hit Greece levels across the USA and Western Europe.

>automation will make society collapse
Where did you stumble on this dazzling new insight that people have not been repeating for thousands of years?

Whenever I see this meme, I always imagine a completely automated factory dumping newly assembled televisions into a rubbish bin because there is no one left to buy them. If everyone is unemployed, what purpose does automation serve in a capitalist society.

I'm sure many would deprive plebs of TV sets so resources can be diverted to platinum plating their hot tub.

>I'm sure many would deprive plebs of TV sets so resources can be diverted to platinum plating their hot tub.

There are lower number of elites and they only have use for one or two hot tubs. I don't think they would need to build a completely automated factory to produce such a limited number of products.

There is already a severe shortage of skilled labor. I'm a machinist, and we are already to the point that shops will hire nearly anyone off the streets and train them from scratch. Still, not nearly enough kids are taking advantage of the situation. They've been raised being told that blue collar work is beneath them, and so most of them won't even consider doing this sort of work.

I'm not complaining though. It's actually a very lucrative deal for people like me. There's more demand for my skills than people who have them, so employers will bend over backwards to get someone with experience on the payroll, and keep them there.

Totes agree.

It's not so much that baby boomers don't work "hard" it's just that they work dumb.

> 2 hr meetings that accomplish nothing
> doing payroll and other business functions by hand instead of using a software program

etc...

The human touch is important in business, but BB are stuck in a lot of old business habits that waste TONS of time in the workplace.

Amnesty for the 30mil illegal aliens to fuel our entitlement programs.

i hate bad math questions

Oh gosh mr. goldberg might have to start paying more than $8/hr. what are we going to do

>tfw that was me

Now I'm pissed i dont know how to weld, and machine shit, there's so many projects i could do.

I would have an FFL, producing American made AKs.

Granted c++ is the same way, almost no one knows it, and unless you go to school for electrical engineering, you're not going to learn it.

And knowing c++ will land you a better paycheck compared to any webdev job (compsci), with more security.

Calm down, commie.

Where you from user? I'll be a machinist any day of the week so long as the training is proper.

What's the hours like? I'm fine with blue collar work, so long as I won't need painkillers regularly at age 40.

Eddy should be the fucking mascot of capitalism.

Milenials will go in ruin everything and usher a new age of united states of africa