>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28&usp=sh

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8&usp=sh

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Cennxx/status/798208287514722304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>finally deice to try throwing solo
>suddenly beenades refuse to attack the queen bee after five successful fights
>go from 93 nades to 17
>FUCKING DIE BECAUSE I CAN'T FUCKING DAMAGE IT
THIS HAS TO BE A FUCKING BUG

I've noticed this too, except on Wall of Flesh. I farmed as much as I could find to make/loot all the Beenades I could, and I read that you'd only need 10-30~ to beat WoF. I went through almost 200 or more because the bees don't home in UNLESS the grenade itself hits the intended target. Even then, the bees only swarm the hit target, and fly away after the target is dead or the bees despawn. It's definitely not intended behavior, because I know for a fact they properly stuck to whatever wasn't you or a critter.

>THIS HAS TO BE A FUCKING BUG
7/10, nice pun

Maybe when the Throwing update comes out Beenades will work properly

Until then I've gone back to ranged

1.3.4 Wednesday?

Tuesday

>7th pirate invasion
>Agile Coin Gun

Fuck yeah

Have you saved it as PNG? JPGs can't have transparency.

alright, first attempt

Wow I had no trouble at all with that, first time fighting expert skeletron alone and I aced it

Bump

Haven't they explicitly said that Throwing was never going to be uplifted into a full playstyle?

Well I hope they've forgoed those plans to not make it into a full playstyle or else everyone who likes it is going to be sorely dissapointed, especially after changing items into Throwing Damage and adding new Throwing Damage items, because it has some serious potential.

If they plan to never go all the way with it, then why add Fossil armor?

Because they're full of half-baked ideas.

Any know if the towers in the next update will be permanent or only placeable during the event?

I imagine they'll be permanent, but function like they do in DD2, where they can be damaged and destroyed, though I wonder how they'll handle that in Terraria's terms

Probably some items for upgrading/repairing. I don't imagine them adding hotkeys for it.

I also thought they'd be permanent but I imagine you get the mana for building them from killing monsters in the event. I think they'll be destroyed when the event ends.

Unless they use gold as a resource, but I doubt that.

bump

Nice.

They'll probably be like NPCs, but stationary and more powerful

I really hope they're like any other block, can be placed and moved to where ever. I have always wanted some kind of autonomous base defense in this game. Keep wraiths from murdering my villagers at night, and slimes off of my roof.

They're basically sentry summons, not permanent. It was confirmed on leddit.

Well that's gay. Guess we'll have to wait until Other World never comes out to get some base defense.

just make big hole on either side of base for emeny to fall in :))

>Enemy can climb out of holes, and can't be interrupted from climbing out
I want them to code this. I want them to make it so that enemies can't be trapped in pits. I love using bullshit "strategies" like the pits, but they need to make it not as effective against the Dungeon Defenders stuff.

NEW SPOILERS

twitter.com/Cennxx/status/798208287514722304

>All that damage
Jesus christ, that's going to be fun on Expert Mode.

Well, it's a miniboss after all. And the player was probably not wearing any armor.

>enemies gets more and more animation frames
>meanwhile main character still looks like some basic rpgmaker shit
Hum.

Blame Tiyuri for selling Red ripped Final Fantasy sprites.

>you will never be able to build anything more than dirt huts
Why even live?

post more lizard butt

You can't learn if you don't build, dingus.

What is the easiest way to defeat the bosses?
Melee? Ranged? Mage? Summoning?

Cmon guys, throw me a bone here.

My personal favorite is ranged.

Melee is most fun, but challenging because you've got almost no good ranged attacks until you get Amarok (or a better yoyo), Scourge, or that Solar Eclipse flail.
Ranged is fun, but dangerous; you forfeit defense for offense and range. You have a hilarious assortment of weapons and ammo at your disposal, and it's viable from the moment you get a bow.
Magic is extra risky, since you have almost no defense at all. You can dish out incredible damage in favor of no defense, and there's no shortage of weapons in hard mode. It's hard to start off as magic unless you rush to the dungeon and hope a Water Bolt is available before the guardian kills you.
Summoner is bland and boring, but deals incredible damage. It's the hardest set to start up with, since you only get a shitty bee set until hard mode spiders. Plus, no good minions are available until you get at least a Pirate Staff or Optic Staff.

My personal favorite is melee, but I don't mind summoner because I'm fond of being lazy.

I'm coming back to Terraria after not having played it for 4-5 years and I'm confused pretty early into the game. I can't tell if I'm missing something extremely simple or obvious.

I'm trying to make my first little house, and I remember just chopping down some trees and building the base of it out of wood, but for some reason I'm unable to stack the blocks of wood vertically. Do I need to make some kind of bricks to build the house?

Press ctrl to turn smartcast off

Thank you, I wasnt sure exactly what it was making my placement so awkard or how to turn it off. Smartcast actually seems really useful but for this specific instance it was making me want to slice my throat.

:)

>Blood Moon
>Hard Mode
>Full Moon
>Battle Potion + Water Candle
>Summons and Yoyo shredding shit apart
>No Moon Charm or Adhesive Bandage by the end
What the everloving FUCK is with this RNG

bump

I've been playing my summoner run for like 100 hours now, and I haven't gotten a single blood moon. I just wanted a money trough. RNG swings fucking suck.

>can sprite
>have multiple documents written up of ideas and items and shit
>can't code

Learn how to yourself or work with someone who can.

Too bad there's still no trigger item for it

If I get this fucking, shit-eating grinning "Please launch the game from your steam client" message one more fucking time they will NEVER have an empty inbox
40 fucking percent will be me

>New game, just got into hard mode
>Just learned of the Meteor Staff
>Craft that bitch asap because raining meteors sounds great
>They're inaccurate by a wild margin, and don't pass through blocks like Starfury's stars and Daedelus' arrows

How can you fuck up this bad?

I think I've got like 6 money troughs over my last few blood moons. RNG is a bitch

>pls make my mod for me

>not buying the hame on gog
>not pirating the game

I can't find a Plantera Bulb. I've killed all three Robofucks, and I've got all the best things I can make so far, but I just can't find the bulb. Do multiples spawn over time? Or do I need to hunt that bulb for more to spawn?

Yes, multiple ones will spawn. They're glowing red bulbs so you can easily spot them while digging around.

Sounds like a problem with steam, I suppose you've tried reinstalling it? If you have then either consult the community hub or the forums

>trusting a shady website
>pirating terraria

They're glowing pink, not red

I wish the Arkhalis had a Hardmode equivalent, that weapon is great but it just doesn't carry into hardmode that far.

I want something with ridiculous swipes like 5 blocks long.

Eh, close enough.

>gog
>shady website
kill you are self

FETID BANANAS

Not the same, the baghnakhs are pretty good though.

Literally 60 attacks per second.

>Haven't played terraria in a while
>Think should make a new character
>Find out update releases today
So I suppose this will release at usual steam time? 19.00 CET?

I swear to god prime is designed after a fucking revenant jesus christ

Will there be anything in this update that will require generating a new world?

Probably, but there's no way to be certain until it actually happens or doesn't

As far as I can tell the only thing being added is that event and the new water physics, so probably not.

We get this question every single motherfucknig update, holy shit.

It's a valid question every single update

>haven't replayed in years, like, since Skeletron Prime was considered the "final boss"
>I think hard mode had JUST been released
>fast foward to now
>expert maps too, if you ain't no bitch?
>make it up to WoF in boss progression
>unsure of how long to make the walkway in underworld
>just keep dynamiting more and more buildings while making the pathway longer

It's at roughly 800m so far. Should I stop?

Make it extend all the way across hell. Make it pretty too.

expert mode always seemed more oriented to multiplayer what with the scaling they added

but if you can handle it solo more power to you I guess

>800m
You're as bad as people using ft for measuring stuff in terraria.

I'd say that a road roughly 3/4ths of hell is long enough

Though it really depends on your damage and how easily you can get through the creepers

The game itself uses those units in its descriptions and whatnot though, can you really blame him for that?

when is the update coming out? i wanna start playing it again already

1500-2000 blocks is what I usually build

It's something like 1 block is 1m or 2m.

So where is everyone right now in progression?

I'm pre-hardmode right now grabbing some hellstone, found a lava charm and have an obsidian skull so it's no hassle

Gr8 b8, m8. I rel8, str8 appreci8, and congratul8. I r8 this b8 an 8/8. Plz no h8, I'm str8 ir8. Cr8 more, can't w8. We should convers8, I won't ber8, my number is 88888888, ask for N8. No calls l8 or out of st8. If on a d8, ask K8 to loc8. Even with a full pl8, I always have time to communic8 so don't hesit8.

Running a 6 man thorium mediumcore expert mode game
We entered and looted hell before we even got to skeletron, right now we're just aiming to kill the bee, the UFO, the jellyfish, and skeletron before kicking the WoF in the face

I just started the game

Is there a problem in making an underground home in a snow or desert biome, or should i really just make it on my starting location?

snow biomes are actually the best biomes for underground homes because they have nothing that can come through the walls

Why is Spelunker potion so good

i can't play the game without it anymore

Several questions here.
What are those blue blocks you used to make the telescope?
What are those little downward pointing spikes you used there?
What wood did you use to make the lower door?
What stone is that for those circles above the door?
How are those doorways pitch black?
What are those pillars you used for the interior?

cool building btw

Just defeated my first moon lord last night. Thinking of starting a new game on expert mode, but first I want to actually make a "building" world, because right now I got commieblocks for my villagers and stuff

Certainly valid in 1.3.3, which is the update right before this one (not counting hot fixes).

Did they ever gave the time for the update?

I generally go by stacks and anything less than 2 stacks of dirt isn't good enough for my book. So that sound about right.

Can sandstorms occur in pre 1.3.3 worlds? Looking to farm some items added in the patches I haven't played while waiting for 1.3.4.

I created a world and found a big tree

inside it and underground, there were some rooms with chairs, chests and tables

should i make my home here?

Yes.

They should be able to.

Although don't go too far back, anything before 1.3 isn't going to have an underground desert at all, of course.

You only need to add a torch to that room and boom NPC can move in. It is up to you but most people I had seen use the living wood wand and leaves wand to expand the top of the tree and make a living tree house. Not sure how safe it would be underground once hardmode hits, less so if Hallow bless that area with teleporting monsters.