/scg/edg/ Elite Star: Dangerous Citizen Episode #88: No End in Sight

Can't strafe for shit edition.

Old thread: >Star Citizen information:
pastebin.com/NhBwT5Zk
>Jump point and SubArt megapack
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

2.6 Flight changes are with the Evocati, Star Marine is now being tested internally across multible studios in online deathmatch games. Evocati is next, then PTU, then Live.

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=vY_NkFtAAPY
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ad_9IXL00PQ
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=heIm1-VsZeU
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0

>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5z-W0IRXvF4
robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list
amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-3D-Pro-963290-0403/dp/B01LQQEWDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479143536&sr=8-2&keywords=Logitech 3D extreme
youtube.com/watch?v=d6_OCXlQprs
youtube.com/watch?v=YzCkt2iE29g
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwyAlGHpTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hVf1GKqaoMI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do we have any updates from evocati user? Last we heard, they planned to remove cruise and allowing afterburning up to the old cruise speeds, but it was taking longer than expected to implement it.

>SC will have zero grind, because the "typical" definition of "grind" in MMOs revolves around advancement, and there is none in SC. For example, there's enough content in the game to get you to 59, but you have to grind, killing mobs, to get to 60. Or the only way to get exalted with a reputation is grinding daily quests. Etc.

>Now, if you mean "do tasks multiple times", then that is 100% on you. For example, being a hauler is likely going to be a bit grindy. Why? Because haulers haul. It's what they do. Being a bounty hunter will be far less grindy. Being an explorer will be long, boring grinds followed by brief, flaring excitement, just like science. Being a trader will be dependent upon how much time/energy you invest into it.

>Will you have to bring 10 rat tails to a quest NPC 1000 times in order to get him to give you the Breastplate of Argon? No. But SC is going to be a lot like real life, and real life can be somewhat grindy around the edges, so I guess the best answer is "it depends upon what you want out of SC".

Fuck this community

No updates since Nov. 8. New build probably sometime this week.

There's been a lot of talk but fucking nothing actually getting done.

That's what I assumed, but was hoping they got around to actually doing something. Cheers for the update.

youtube.com/watch?v=5z-W0IRXvF4

I don't get it.
CR has said most of those things.

>I'm autistic

we know

>people aren't going to grind solely to advance in SC

Doesn't mean they have to.

Oh right the "no advancement" in your original post.
Yes that's retarded.
Of course there's advancement.
But a grind is still not going to be there in the same way as ED even.
If we're to believe CR.

I just hope the grind is hidden like the vision in quantum drive.

I love euro truck sim. Elite is not euro truck sim and is aggravating as fuck just because frameshift is such a lackluster and tedious travel method.

>im falling for replying to anything related to this argument again

the game is based almost entirely on orgs that will have massive economies and fleets on day 1 so no content is really gonna be off limits for anyone

as in individual though? sorry but youre not getting a javelin any time soon if youre starting with an aurora. if you want to solo an mmo thats based around group play from the bottom up, youre gonna be struggling the whole way lol. this isnt "rush to lvl cap then start doing the MMO part of the game" aurora with freinds is gonna get where he wants to be alot faster than solo aurora.

the premise of the game is that every ship has a specific role and place in the universe at all times. if you want to work for a bigger ship, go for it, it's 100% personal preference

youre delusional if you think going from a starter ship to a capital ship should be any kind of fast process that doesnt involve working hard. bernie isnt president, you don't magically get free things

>hidden like the vision in quantum drive.
Nothing's hidden in quantum drive, dipshit. Did you just fall off the bus from 10bux?

Its a joke m8 stop being angry.
The dads on ftroop forums made a comment about how the vision was obscured in the big reveal demo.

Would you buy a Lexus spaceship?

>the game is based almost entirely on orgs that will have massive economies and fleets on day 1 so no content is really gonna be off limits for anyone

>what did he mean by this

no looks like Apple shit

No, but I really wanna see that movie.

>playing E:D
>at a nav beacon, dude getting btfo by FSS
>scan target
>wanted
>open fire
>bounty gained for assault
When will they fix this nonsense?

when servers go off of this shit game

>see a criminal
>assume it's your job to murder them
>the police shoot you
>what did i do wrong?
It's a police matter, not yours. You have to make sure you're allowed to claim a bounty first.

Except that whole "member of the Pilots' Federation, friendly with Federation and local factions in power, and recognized bounty hunter" thing that separates it from real life.

already got one

Why are you responding to a shitposter?

ded gaem

>recognized bounty hunter
Doesn't matter who you are, you need to confirm your target lawfully first.

@160181415
Thanks for the input.

>It's a police matter! You shouldn't be interfering in police matters!

Fuck off back to the forums, dad.

@160184612
Learn to play tbqh.

>Learn how to play

But I did learn how to play, Dad. I have a full fleet armed to the teeth. But I dropped ED like the shit it is, so your damage control of terrible gameplay like that is irrelevant.

im thinking about backing star citizen for shits and giggles and because i wanna fly around in an avenger.

would an intel i5-2500k cpu, Geforce GTX 1070, 8 GB ram and a 6 inch cock be enough to run this game?

>6 inches

You're fucked.

why does this always happen to me?

it means make alot of freinds or youre getting cucked out of content by people with more freinds than you

You should run the game no issue. You'll find that the persistent universe may run shitty, it won't be your system but their netcode. If you run Arena Commander well then that is the performance you can expect for the game.

So what's your set up for elite/SC?

I twin stick it, need a better stick for the throttle though, wish there was a left handed version of the logitech one

seems pretty good for combat, I have the thrusters on the left POV switch, and power controls on the right POV switch

>So what's your set up for elite/SC?

Mouse and keyboard

sweet man thanks. I understand that right now you can do a surprising amount of stuff in the alpha just short of what they showed off at gamescom right? and 3.0 or something is coming out soon™?

how do you possibly survive?

Here's what you can do.

robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list

2.6, which is supposed to focus on FPS action is supposed to come out soon™. We have no idea when 3.0 is supposed to come out any longer.

Being poor helps

That list is pretty impressive. I'm in. I wanna shoot some shit. The avenger looks so fucking nice. I understand it's a bit too slow atm though. too bad im a whore for aesthetics.

>We have no idea when 3.0 is supposed to come out any longer.
Does that imply we knew at one point but now we don't?

You get a refurbished 3D extreme for $25

amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-3D-Pro-963290-0403/dp/B01LQQEWDM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479143536&sr=8-2&keywords=Logitech 3D extreme

I've yet to find a good replacement for my saitek stick though, I got it for $5 at a swap meet

>@

Why do you do that? This isn't Twatter.

More it implies that we thought it was going to be out at a specific time. For a bit it looked like Oct-Nov was supposed to be 2.6 while 3.0 was Dec-January.

retards trying to push may mays

How do we bring this back and make it USB?

How do i get git gud at dogfighting in SC(using M&K)

Easily, the classic XBOX version is a PS/2 port that can easily be converted to a standard PS/2 connection and then adapted to USB or just plugged straight into your motherboard's PS/2 port.

There's freeware online to bind buttons to the Battalion setup, it's open source and you'll need to fuck with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6_OCXlQprs

So is it even worth it to use a stick in this game anymore? Roberts should just replace the sticks in the cockpits with some starfleet LCARS ripoff.

The only driver I know of is for windows vista

nice

and I meant freshly made versions that work perfectly and easily

need to pay Roberts a visit after I hit the lottery

I heard somewhere that a 2018 official release might be in the cards (knock on wood) is this true? because that's really not that far off if so.

Just got back from a F42 UK office tour. Signed a NDA but fuck it, this is too much for me and I have to fucking share it just to get it out of my head.

Genuine spoiler bellow
The Tevarin are Catbeast furkin

How the fuck could they think this was a good idea? And I mean full on, not like the Kilrathi.

Just a reminder that racing in the verse is going to be amazing and fun the watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=YzCkt2iE29g

Also futhermore, I suck cock

how did i know i sucked cock? cause daddy made me do it.

We already know this?

Man, I'm happy I never bothered to get involved with the sc community on reddit, here or anywhere else.

Hope Bannerlord soon

then I can forgot this shit here for a while

i wish i knew about any good games that i can play for more than 15 minutes without realizing how shallow the gameplay is

maybe im just too woke for videogames anymore. all the high budget games are so 2D in gameplay, all the good gameplay games are indie shitholes or shit that ive gotta wait another year for

>Man, I'm happy I never bothered to get invovled with the community

Fixed that for you. All communities are shit.

wait

this is important

japstyle or shitty western garbage that takes it way too far

The Rack is such a hot ship, it's my browncoat Serenity Bebop hybrid. Going to use it as a Bounty Hunter Corvette to hunt down pirates.

Only saw it naked like a GI Joe. It's a straight up furry cat person.

This is exactly what I'm going to do, it's got bigger guns than a Polaris and is smaller. All you need to do is get behind a Polaris and you can blow it out the sky. The 'rack is definitely a better combat ship than people think

That's some RSI level delusion right here.

Racing is the hypest shit in this game

youtube.com/watch?v=ZfwyAlGHpTQ

The dogfighting might not need too much ship control but the racing obviously does

Also
>watch

youtube.com/watch?v=hVf1GKqaoMI

I want to be in the stands when a bunch of those are passing by

That's unused Vanduul art, faggot

kek

System Wide racing when?

>Using jump gates to jump from hazard to hazard, also serve as checkpoints
>Asteroid fields, ion storms, pirate infested areas
>Atmospheric planetary portions where the local inhabitants attack you as another hazard
>All this while racing neck and neck with other players

She is indeed hot Hot HOT.

She'll be my Normandy SR1. Going from planet and planet doing boring ass surface explorations.

when evers it's done.

If you just cut it off no one will ever know how big it wasn't. You could claim there was a terrible accident and it used to be 13 inches long.

>when evers it's done

We're not even guaranteed to get something like that. It's just me posting dreams.

they said the tools to set up races will be using in game items so players can make there own routes.

I see RSI is just as retarded as ever.

Man that's almost as edgy as preventing a Syria-Iran pipeline by plunging an entire country into war

I don't see players having the ability to do what I described.

oh. well then your retarded. there will always be those prodigy gamers.

>oh well then your retarded

Namefag, please get the fuck out of my thread.

>your thread

your an easily triggered newfag. i think i'll stay thanks.

No, I've just gotten tired of seeing your retardation spilling out all over these threads without providing anything of goddamn value.

This, it's autistic to namefag

Not without getting fucked by other players
Unless a super dominant org protects it but that just makes them a target

which all sounbs like fun.

you know what, after thinking about it you're right. it'd be stupid to think players could do that.

I wonder if the farming sim panel with the little stick would work with SC/E:D.
My bro has it, but I dunn of I'm ready for stick throttle panel and pedals just yet.

He has the sim autism, along with that he has a steel battalion setup, warthog, and a shit ton of other sticks and accessories along with a racing chair over at his place.

SC is too aim based for joystick
The flight is more spin and strafe than bank and roll, more FPS than flight sim

>SC is too aim based for joystick

I can't be the only one that prefers Joystick over mouse in SC? I even excelled against half the people I was dog fighting against.

t. Idiot

SC is great with Joystick if you're GUD

>Rack
no such ship

>Bounty Hunter Corvette
lol, kill yourself

>i know how a unreleased ship peforms!

Nice try retard

Literally posts a picture of the carrack and you say there is no such ship.

Yeah but then you could just use a mouse and do better

You're projecting dangerously hard, user