Whats the worst way you've left a job? handed in my notice today in a big 4 after a very short time

whats the worst way you've left a job? handed in my notice today in a big 4 after a very short time

I consistently just stop showing up for work.

stopped showing up

promised like 300 times i would come back and finish my project and i never did

My shortest "two week notice" was a month ahead of time.

Why did you quit?

management incapable of handling client demands rationally, stifling bureaucracy, roundabout working practices, and seeing more of the worst social skills in 2 months than ive ever seen in my life

Texted my boss: "I quit"

took a job flipping burgers at Wendy's because I was $150 short making my electric bill. I worked three days, the first two were 8 hours of watching training videos and the third was taking out trash and washing dishes. Asked the boss how much I had earned after taxes. She said $165. I quit on the spot and never went back except to get my check.

I've walked out of a lot of restaurant jobs though. That was just the weakest reason I ever had for quitting.

It sounds like it's more of a company culture issue over "this job just sucks".
Have you met with anyone working in the other 3 to see if their companies might be a better fit?

text message

"i'm not interested in the upcoming job, and I hereby resign from my position in this company"

Can your record be dirtied if you just stopped showing up? It can, right? Like future employers will look you up and will go "so about your previous employer, why did you just suddenly leave? Does this mean we can't trust you/take your word? You know, in our company we value loyalty yada yada".

I try to always leave on good terms. You should never burn bridges. You never know what will happen in the future. Suck it up, and be a polite adult. "I am moving on" or "I quit" is enough.

not me but i used to work at a small warehouse and one of the senior loaders was getting overloaded all night every truck and he ended up just walking out.

it was a small company of ~15 people for 3+ years and then he walked half out way during a work day and never replied to anyone from the warehouse again.

worst thing i ever did was put in my 2 weeks on wednesday then didnt come back in after the weekend

fuck man, are you me?
I'm looking for a new job atm. I have four managers in a store with 16 employees under them. Only one of the managers actually knows how to run the store. Customers are getting increasingly angry with us because the managers don't know our return policies, warranties, cancellation policies, how to validate returns, etc. Other problems aren't as difficult, but I'm literally the only one who bothers to process their claims, complaints, etc, so everyone fucking hates the other three customer service people and we have clients who refuse to talk to anyone but me, including managers. Except I'm not in customer service, I'm in sales flow and merch, I just answer the phone when our bitchy cs team can't be bothered. We've had people just phone repeatedly until they get me since I'm the only one who knows how to do my job, plus cs because of the number of calls I've had to field.

Worst thing I have done is quit on the spot from a restaurant. Manager wanted to cut my section for the next week down to 2 tables over some stupid issue. I told her I'll quit if you do that. So I quit. Said "Well, neither of us will back down, so good luck covering my shifts this week." Restaurant business is so liquid though, you can quit one job and have another lined up later that day.

What industry?

>Worked behind a bar at an all-hours place for 2 years
>10 hours into a 13 hour day, give cook boss a handwritten order
>boss calls me a retard and hurls abuse
>I shout back and say if he can't read my handwriting he could just ask me what it says
>have 2 min long blazing row over all the shit we let slide from each other
>tell him I quit
>go and pour a pint for myself and just chill in the place
>he doesn't have the balls to kick me out
>heard from a work-friend there that the rest of the staff respected my balls and 'style' of quitting

>pint
Wew lad, surprising your commie "government" left you enough bux to buy a beer.

>Can your record be dirtied if you just stopped showing up?

There is no master record, you putz.

Unless you want to get a government position that requires security clearance, employers only know what you tell them.

What -- do you really think a database exists with everyone's name and work history?

No.

>Tories
>Commies

You fucking what?

>couldn't take the heat
>got out of the kitchen