Who /successful/ here ? How can I tell im not swimming in the NEET end of the pool here...

Who /successful/ here ? How can I tell im not swimming in the NEET end of the pool here ? Let's play some net worth Marco Polo.
1.Net worth
2.what is your proffesion
3.age
4.how long did it take you

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Asset memetegrity
4 years

>More than 300k*(my age)
>Mathematician
>22
>As long as it takes to solve triple integrals

1) 300k
2) chef at Wendy's
3) 19
5) 3 years

I don't know man, net worth is hard to prove. I mean I've got like $90k in equity in a $190k house, but I'd need a couple screenshots and timestamps to prove it and even then you wouldn't know if it's actually my house or if I'm raiding daddy's file cabinet or something.

also a couple of those questions are moving targets. People with large net worth have assets that change in value by the minute, and you never get done making or losing money so how long it takes is open to interpretation.

I know Veeky Forums likes to pretend that people make a couple million dollars, cash in their chips, and stop working, but that's not how it works in real life. You don't just sit on a pile of cash, you make that stuff work.

>300k
>PhD in math
>21
>one year

Fuck off OP, I'm not telling you shit.

Average net worth for Americans under 25 = $1,475
Average net worth under 25 but on Veeky Forums = $400,000

lol

Yeh fair enough man, just trying to get an idea of the anons I talk to so often in here

well if it helps you any I'm the environmental contractor that hangs out on here. I've proven my income lots of times but never my worth. That's harder to prove.

1. A bit over a million currently
2. Janitorial/environmental contractor, retired
3. 44
4. Took me 2 years to make my first million on paper, but that's not counting the 16 years of management I did b4 that, or the several businesses I started and failed at.

I don't give advice on investing or getting rich quick though. You won't find me in a crypto thread or talking p&d's. I don't tell people how to make a thousand bux in 30 days and I don't have recommendations on which books to read or what degree to get or programming language to learn.

I'm naught but a humble janitor.

Like 6-7k
Nothing
1.5 years of part time work

About 5m us$
NEET
dunno

>-1,200,000
>professional loan taker outerer
>21
>I just took the loan out on my 21st birthday and now I'm in debt

1. ~$2000 (?)
2. directionless student
3. 19
4. 19 years of being beta

This is my first post on Veeky Forums

$40,000
cuck
8 yrs

>~190k
>student & investor
>24
>started trading and working when i was 17-18

>Average net worth for Americans under 25 = $1,475

Only basketball americans will have that kind of networth at 25

What country let's you invest prior to 18 years of age?

Parents as a proxy I guess but I was working when i was 17 and saved up the money and later invested.

I was hoping it was some lax Scandinavian country.

$25,000
Investment advisor
1 year

1. 465,000€ or $418,000
2. Business owner, real estate investor
3. 26
4. Since I was 16

Wow, I must be doing pretty good for myself with 10k at 19.

>1.Net worth
~$2500
>2.what is your proffesion
Software dev
>3.age
>4.how long did it take you
14 months.

Well just look it up and it seems like you can buy stocks in denmark before you turn 18 but I never did it

>1.Net worth
$4,000
>2.what is your profession
Linux Tech Support
>3.age
>4.how long did it take you
24 years

Student debt = negative net worth.

>Student debt = negative net worth.

noshit

You're the one that said
>Only basketball americans will have that kind of networth at 25
That's clearly not true. American student debts are yuuuge, and at 25 you wouldn't have worked for long enough to make much of a dent.

Wow 62% of all americans got student debt

"Approximately 62% of Americans have less than $1,000 in their savings accounts and 21% don’t even have a savings account, according to a new survey of more than 5,000 adults conducted this month by Google Consumer Survey for personal finance website GOBankingRates.com. "

marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06

1 About 20k EUR
2 Mechanic, going to college for computer science
3 21
4 21 years

Yeah, NEET Swefag here. I actually made money going to university, of course, so I can't really relate. Net worth is still shit because I can't bring myself to actually trade, despite having gotten 90% of the way there needed to actually do it. Fuck me.

The news here yesterday showed that people are failing to pay back their student loans even here (which you don't normally need to take, if you just live at home while studying), and that they've increased their fee for missing a payment to 450 kr (€45, $50). They made 592 million kr (€59/$66 million) last year from it, so even here people fail to pay their (voluntary) loans apparently.

I don't think I am the most "successful" person here but I earned $235,000 last year and I will earn triple that this year.

I always find it funny when people ask for proof. They ask me "OK - Where are your cars and fancy houses?"

Listen up you fucking retard, there is this thing called taxes. I know you're poor so you have never had to deal with it before but the government takes approximately 40% of my money. Think about that. That $235k I made, just cut it in half. That is why I don't have an expensive car. Because to afford an expensive car would require a years worth of my income...or even two.

And this is the moment you realize just how poor you really are. In a world where people think grossing $200,000 is a lot, you realize you still can't afford shit. And people are happy to make $60k/year out of college.

1. $62,500
2. code monkey
3. 24
4. 3 years

You know how I know you're lying? Because $235k is not in a 40% tax bracket, you fucking clown.

income tax isn't the only tax taken out of your check.

if he was self-employed his tax rate would be 48%. 40% is about right for all federal taxes if he were an employee. In that case his employer would pay half of his FICA, or 7.5%. Meaning his federal withholding would be 40.5%.

the real reason you know he's lying is he thinks cars or houses are proof of income when a paystub or bank statement take less than five minutes to post.

I don't know how anyone can have any savings

lol, just lol dude

pic related

you and i both know your effective tax rate is not 40%, it's almost guaranteed to be around 21% federal.

t. guy that made $220k last year

I can't tell if you are trying to be a smart ass and argue semantics or are just genuinely unaware of tax law in the United States

>pic related
tax forms aren't great.
I mean it could be daddy's tax form, or one you printed up for fun on turbotax, or even one from 5 years ago (pic related).

that's why I said paystub or bank statement.
not that I care either way. I wouldn't be surprised if you're lying or impressed if you're not.

That is because your employer paid the other 20%. probably is prob a llc owner

I can't imagine any way that would work.

tax on that income is 33% + either 15% (self-employed) or 7.5% (employee).

so either 40.5% or 48% depending on whether or not you're an employee.

if you paid 21% your net was less than $95k or you had some interesting tax credits.

You only pay the 39.6% rate on every dollar over $413,201 that you made. On the first $9225 you pay 10% taxes. That's how taxes are applied.

Also, when the average deduction is applied people making around $200k/year will pay around 20% federal.

ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

>Anonymous
This is totally true. I have a negative net worth and I'm sitting on 65k in assets just because I have 85k in student loans.

>not that I care either way. I wouldn't be surprised if you're lying or impressed if you're not.

lol exactly... who gives a shit. People trying to brag on 4chins...

1,3 million euro (in 3 months time)
industrial patent investor
about 7 years