Do proddies really believe the Pope is the Antichrist?

Do proddies really believe the Pope is the Antichrist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-canonical_books_referenced_in_the_Bible
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_work#Lost_Biblical_texts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just look at him, he's destroying everything the church has stood for a thousand years.

Even Catholics think this Pope is Antichrist.

>catholic church standing for anything but corruption, simony, debauchery, pederasty

The wonderful, illustrious history and conduct of the Catholic church. Spotless in avoiding corruption and worldly influence. Truly this man who washes Muslim feet will bring ruin to it all.

The Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon and the Pope is the head of it, but he's not the "Antichrist." The Beast and the False Prophet are completely different figures.

Supposedly, at any rate.

nah he´s just an argie

Europe did that all by itself.

What the fuck does the "whore of Babylon" mean, I see you autistic proddies spouting this shit everywhere

It's from a passage in revelations. It's obviously symbolic for a worldly, debauched institution that takes all comers so naturally proddies will assign any number of organizations this label.

Not him, but it's a line from Revelation.

In Revelation, Babylon the Great, Mother of All Whores fornicates with the kings of the world. Her fornication is contrasted with the faithful Bride of Christ elsewhere, so the implication is that it's another church.

Secondly, I'm not Protestant (anymore), I'm a fedora. I just remember all this shit from when I was young.

catholics BTFO:

The sour leaven of human traditions, mixed in one putrefied mass with the poisonous dregs of hypocrisy in the hearts of prelates, that lie basking in the sunny warmth of wealth and promotion, is the serpent’s egg that will hatch an Antichrist wheresoever, and engender the same monster as big, or little, as the lump is which breeds him. If the splendour of gold and silver begin to lord it once again in the church of England, we shall see Antichrist shortly wallow here, though his chief kennel be at Rome.

-John Milton

this

JWs believe it is all other religions ('false religion') and that the beast is the United Nations.

How usual is it for US Proddies to believe the Vatican got vast worldly powers which it keeps secret from outside eyes?

Tee bee aitch these comments only show that this Pope has changed nothing in Catholic policy, which is to please the world and suck the dick of whoever has political power. Yesterday it was monarchists, fascists; today it's faggots and liberals.

Monarchists, fascists are mad she didn't really love them, it was mere interest. Faggots, liberals, beware: she doesn't love you either. Tomorrow it may be Africans and Arabs and she will start to support throwing gays off roofs.

The RCC is a polymorphous whore.

catholics believe about the same of freemasons
it has been a shitfest between jesuits and masons for 300 years

Though you got to admit claiming Wilhelm the second was a Catholic is taking it pretty far.

Not a protestant or catholic, I just believe man. But here..

1 John 2:18
Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[a] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time.

There's a difference between the Antichrist and antichrists. Big A' and little a'. Now I don't know if Francis is an antichrist, as an antichrist is someone who denies that Jesus was the Christ. But there has been a plethora of antichrists throughout history.

But just seeing how the world behaves toward God and Jesus Christ today, specifically in the science community, how they harness the ability to speak in public and have all the kids mocking God and Christ in the wake of their public speeches against God- I think the official Antichrist is going to be someone who puts up the best argument against there being a God and Christ. Will probably stem from some cross between science and spiritual community/ideology.

NO I'M NOT SAYING SCIENCE IS EVIL. It's just there is plenty science doesn't know, so that in the event they find something too profound, one could easily apply it to this described narrative of a deception or mass deception.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Explain

>anti christ
implying such things exist
But we do believe he's a grubby jew.

>implying such things exist

An antichrist is someone who denies Jesus was the Christ. So yeah, they exist. They've always existed.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is already in the world at this time.

PROTNIGGERS BTFO

PROTNIGGERS BTFO

PROTNIGGER ANTICHRIST CONFIRMED

PROTTIES OWNED TO THE BONE

>antichrist uses his powers of wisdom and reason to prove that believing in god is unreasonable
>yahweh gets buttmad and damns him and everyone who was intelligent enough to believe him to hell anyway

G R E A T deity

HOW CAN PROTNIGGERS EVEN

PROTNIGGERS BTFO

It's even worse since "God will send them strong delusion" means he's basically manipulating them into falling for the antichrist, like that time he prevented Pharaoh from changing his mind and so on.

Also:

Revelation 13:5 The beast was given [by God] a mouth to utter proud words and blasphemies and to exercise his authority for forty-two months.
Revelation 13:12-13 [Another beast] made the people of earth worship the first beast. It performed great and miraculous signs, even making fire come down from heaven to earth in the sight of the people.
Revelation 13:15 It was permitted [by God] to breathe life into the image of the beast so that it could speak and cause those who would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.

And then God punishes people for falling for the beast/bait.

Well, lets look at this from a objective perspective.

You have an authoritative figure, above a mass of people that are prone to struggle in their attempt to live life among one another. This is due to the offenses they inflict on one another.

Authoritative figure generally commands to love and not trespass to decrease and further eliminate the struggle. That temperance is above unbridled lust.

>this is unreasonable

I can't force myself to see your point user.

What are you posting? Too tired to read all that tbqh

If you have something to say, just type it out user. Don't be shy.

PRONIGGERS BELIEVE THIS

>Hmm, all these people I created seem to be hurting each other. I wonder what I could do to convince them I'm real and I have a plan to help them live better?
>Oh, I know! I'll just create a persuasive charasmatic figure who will tell them I don't exist but he has a way for them to live better, and then I'll burn anyone who falls for it!
>By Jove, Yahweh, you've cracked the case!

PROTNIGGER RELIGION PROVEN FALSE VIA HISTORY

Yeah that sounds alright doesn't it? I mean you're vastly oversimplifying christian morality but we'll roll with it, it's reasonable. Alright now picture this, you also have to pass a faith test. In fact what you do in life doesn't really matter that much, you can blow up an orphanage and rape your grandma as long as you genuinely believe and repent before death.

So how does he prove that he exists and that you should listen to him? This is really funny, he incarnates as a Jew in the year 4 BC. Before cameras, before video, before an established historical vetting process. And THEN he performs a series of obscure miracles to a group of Jews in an insignificant region of the empire before getting crucified. The book he makes sure to leave behind is couched in metaphor and parable and doesn't prove anything concrete and its own. Occasionally he'll cure a nun of cancer or make a corpse smell nice and that's supposed to keep you going.

Not so reasonable all of a sudden. And then, some guy comes along and writes a book about why he think this is preposterous only to be rewarded with an eternity spent screaming in a fiery pit.

I'm not an all-powerful deity but to be honest with you, I think I could come up with a better plan.

DAMN

PROTNIGGERS PWNED BAD

The book of revelations isn't canon

You have to read further. This is done because they hated the truth anyway.

Look, Israel, God's "chosen people"....they killed their own prophets all because the prophets were telling them to stop sinning. They hated the truth, they enjoyed the evil they were doing and thought the prophets were annoying, so they killed them. They didn't want to be told that what they were doing was evil.

This is an example, that some people won't change, even if it's meant as a change for the better. Some people want it their way and their way only. Even if it's hurting the whole.

So God will send them a strong delusion, to believe the lie of the evil they love to do.

What I don't understand, is that I've seen some of this "truth"...it can't be denied. And I'm not even trying to sound proud, like I'm saved, cause I still struggle with my sin. But is this specific scripture we're talking about, pointing out that there are people who just legitimately hate the truth? Hate the idea of exercising some temperance?

Now it's pointed out that God looks at the mans heart, not the outer shell of a man. He chose David to be king, over his stronger brothers, all because David was right in the heart.

So in the heart of some? Are they truly consuming? Just out for themselves through and through?

You think of a man that works in the stock market, whole life is about lying off and on, walking in the grey part of the law. Thriving in the exploitation of clever theft. Can you tell him to stop making life hard on the people he's stealing from? With age will he change? Or is he like that for ever?....I don't know.

>You think of a man that works in the stock market, whole life is about lying off and on, walking in the grey part of the law. Thriving in the exploitation of clever theft. Can you tell him to stop making life hard on the people he's stealing from?

...i don't think you understand what the stock market works like, my man.

You act like YHWH was the first to come along and preach temperance. The Greeks and Romans figured that out just fine on their own, Socartes was praised for having strong passions that he kept in check. And I mean even the northern Barbarians did too. Literally no culture except for irrelevant spearchuckers, and probably then not even, has extolled the virtues of unrestrained hedonism.

If you ever get your religion off the ground, make sure your Church will canonize all the books needed to understand scripture, or at least make sure none of those books fucking disappear:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-canonical_books_referenced_in_the_Bible
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_work#Lost_Biblical_texts

“JEZUBOAD 4:33.”
“I…There’s no Book of Jezuboad.”
“YES THERE IS.”
“No there isn’t.”
“YES TH…UH OH.”
Uriel stood very quietly for a moment. The streams of letters ceased flowing. Then, all of a sudden, he said a very un-angelic word.
“I THINK I FORGOT TO GIVE MANKIND THE BOOK OF JEZUBOAD.”
“Was it important?”
The archangel started fidgeting awkwardly. “UM.” Some more fidgets. “NO?”
[...]

1) And it came to pass that in the eighth year of Ahab, Jezuboad made a burnt offering in the Temple of the Lord 2) and he spoke saying “O God, whose wisdom spanneth the heavens and the earth, I am learned in Scripture, yet much still troubles me. 3) Why the many apparent contradictions? Whence the emphasis on ritual purity? And which books are literally true and which meant only to edify?” 4) Then out of a fiery cloud before him there appeared the Archangel Uriel, whose eyes shone like the sun. 5) And he said with a mighty voice: 6) “OKAY, LET ME CLEAR ALL OF THIS CONFUSION UP RIGHT NOW, SO NO ONE ELSE EVER HAS TO WORRY ABOUT IT…”

You know if I was god I think it would be within my power to do that. In fact it would probably be completely trivial to ensure nothing vital gets lost to history. I bet I could even do it really subtly, just occasionally create a few books in cupboards or something if there's ever a great purge.

Sorry anons, I'll brb gotta grub down on dindin

>...i don't think you understand what the stock market works like, my man.

You're missing the point, the grey part of the law. The self-proclaimed innocence in the eyes of the one causing the offense. The thief. Would he want to be told to stop? Would he fight it?

I've worked with people in sales and even participated in this practice of living around the grey areas, even justified what I was doing. I even judged others, before succumbing to the temptation of lying for my paycheck. Making my offense even worse.

But yeah, my previous point/question, are there truly people who don't change? Who if God saw their heart, saw that they were just dedicated to laws that are in direct opposition to laws of good and righteousness?

I dont know...it's sad if there are people who can't change or don't want to

but yeah, I gotta grub right quick,,,brb

Freemasons literally have been doing nothing but destroying Christian nations and replacing it with godless governments.

Just look at Mexico, their whole anti clerical position was due to Masonic lodges influencing politicians.

>You act like YHWH was the first to come along and preach temperance.

Not really, temperance is buried within logic alone, but yet people still struggle with exercising it. All because of a certain "tug" they feel within themselves. Which is actually a point of focus within God's word, the impact of the flesh and it's desires has on the individual etc etc. Also the Greeks and Romans had god's of war, fertility, money, gods that required human sacrifice...

If anything, Abraham's God was evolutionary and revolutionary, as it deleted all the misplaced idolatry. The God of Abraham brought an end to human sacrifice and spoke out against the lusts and misplaced doctrine that other gods once supported.

But as evil works, on the flesh and mind, man now does evil on his own, almost jsut for the sake of evil and how it makes the individual feel. Some feel good when they steal, lie, manipulate, exploit, it makes their ego feel good, makes them feel proud of their abilities to "dominate" etc etc

All in all though, the teachings of Christ I feel like will continue to hold more weight than almost any doctrine that will come in the near future. Even further down the timeline, how ever long these walls hold up.

Every pope is Antichrist, however this pope might be THE Antichrist.

(((You)))

*tips

PROTNIGGERS CONTRADICT EARLY CHRISTIAN

>Also the Greeks and Romans had god's of war, fertility, money, gods that required human sacrifice...

What the fuck does this have to do with anything. And no they weren't sacrificing humans by the time of Plato and Socrates. It's not like Yahweh didn't require sacrifice of his own for a very long time.

Why the fuck is there yet another thread full of christard morons refighting the 30 years war?

Are you people fucking retarded? What kind of imbecilic moron still cares about this stupid shit?

*tips fedora*

Jews never practiced human sacrifice

>being a fedorafag
>not realising Veeky Forums is /christianity general/

I worked with a girl who sincerely did. Nice girl, I got along with her really well, but she was really far down the US protestant/baptist crazy train in some respects.

Francis fucking sucks though and his papacy is going to be seen as a black mark on the church's history.

In fact they condemned it.

Abortion = human sacrifice

The Hebrews did, back when they were polytheists. Contrary to what you read in Sunday School the Hebrews were in fact just another Canaanite tribe with the same gods. Judaism is so ancient that its very early history is murky but the story of Abraham should reveal that at one point it was common, but that they didn't do it any longer.

Not unique in the history of religion. The Greeks have a similar tale where Agamemnon was about to sacrifice his daughter but Artemis replaced it with a deer, signifying the transition to animal sacrifice.

Yes he is along with OBUMMER and
the Jews in congress. I was told I could keep my health care plan by the LIAR IN CHIEF

Oh, okay
*tips fedora*

I love this retort a lot

It was ok to do in one instance, and this is true in Judaism today, if the mother's life was at risk you could terminate the pregnancy.

Not sure what Christians think of that.

Then maybe you shouldn't shitpost so much

>It was ok to do in one instance
False
>Judaism today
Has nothing to do with the ancient Hebrews
"For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me."
John 5:46

Sounds like you've got nothing to add, buddy. Just walk it off.

I don't think this conversation will be going anywhere. It's pretty impossible to discuss religion from a secular perspective with a Christian when he quotes the gospels as evidence.

>it's the "protestants are a single group of stereotypical fundamentalists" meme

>catholic church resists everyone from nero to hitler
>finally dealt its deathblow by pope francis making iffy/ambiguous comments sometimes

Nah

Kings and Chronicles documents (yes I said documents lol) the times when Israel fell away from God and participated in human sacrifice.

Jeremiah 19:5 They have built the high places of Baal to burn their children in the fire as offerings to Baal--something I did not command or mention, nor did it enter my mind.

Also Jeremiah*

Roman Catholicism didn't exist when nero was emperor.

That's clearly ftom some EO Jack Chick

>What the fuck does this have to do with anything.

I thought I was clear, but Abraham's God essentially was evolutionary in relation to these other gods and the people who practiced worshiping them and spreading such doctrines of the various lusts for war, money, and insatiable desires.

CLEMENT OF ROME CONTRA SOLA FIDE

HE JUST KEEPS OPPOSING SOLA FIDE CONTRA PROTNIGGER

CLEMENT DEALING THE FINAL BLOW ON SOLA FIDE SERPENT

LOOK IGNATIUS THE CANNIBAL CONTRA PROTTIE EUCHARIST

Only if you're operating within the moral framework that worldly actions have some lesser quality. Such that the ideas represented by the gods, those of love, power, honor, law, art, and yes, even right action during war. Were themselves evil or lesser. This is a Christian stance, although I would argue it has been no more successful in mitigating what it labels as evil desires.

I'm sorry, if you pray with beads and worship the "mother of God" and statues of her and her "son", then you pretty much are going to hell.

> In fact what you do in life doesn't really matter that much, you can blow up an orphanage and rape your grandma as long as you genuinely believe and repent before death.
Just from this statement, this undermining of true repentance, almost as if your argument and statement is justified in the criticism of someone attempting to change their life, attempting to live a new life and put past mistakes behind them with God as their witness....I mean, I over simplified for the sake of time.

If someone feels convicted for a horrible crime, when prior they didn't...that's not a bad thing. Murder is not the unpardonable sin. The only unpardonable sin is denying God and the Holy Spirit. Because this is the source of forgiveness, the very concept. No one can find the right path after losing it, without being forgiven. Make a mistake, God is essentially saying, repent, true guilt that leads to such, a complete turn around from prior beliefs that stem from hate jealousy and envy, a complete turn around is not only urged, but hoped for FROM God.

>So how does he prove that he exists and that you should listen to him?
You're personal narrative aside?

Through the teachings. The examples of brotherly love, that the good of the heart is not limited to any "law" first. That love and patience over comes just about every emotional trigger, because with love and patience you will cease to feel offended.

The only problem with all this, is how difficult discovering this truth can be. That's it user.

>I can come up with a better plan
Really?

You can come with a better plan to reveal the utmost truth about someone? Better than making people blind and seeing if they panic or can remain level and patient?

I don't know man, you sound offended when you really don't have to be.

not an argument

To get back on topic though real quick, this is about antichrists. So what is Christ though? You read the teachings and he's a walking, talking, example of fair and perfect justice and brotherly love.

The very thing people long for on this planet. The very reason why he was killed, because he offended the evil and called them out on their hypocrisy and bs.

If anyone has a belief that Christ is like a human king, dictating or oppressive, then they're missing the entire point of the teachings.

The only opposition Christ has, is the one who loves the exploitation and oppressive nature of evil. The people who relish in that atmosphere.

If I'm lacking in any definitions, please feel free to add or edify.

Have you ever read nietzsche???? :)

Well I think this is a pretty good explanation of the appeal of Christianity. I'm no closer to accepting it but it's heartfelt. I disagree with many things you said, that unlimited forgiveness is a desirable thing, that the concept of brotherly love proves Yahweh is real in some sense, that Jesus was a perfect moral figure worth following, and so on. But it's midnight and I have shit to do in the morning so I don't have time to elaborate. Thanks for the conversation though.

>You read the teachings and he's a walking, talking, example of fair and perfect justice and brotherly love.
Jesus comes not to bring peace, but with a sword. To divide families, set brother against brother, father against son, etc. When someone wants to bury a dead family member Jesus tells them to forget about it and just obey him. If you don't love him exclusively to the point of hating everyone else, you're dead to him. Hell, Gentiles are dogs to him anyway. At the end of the world he will return to kill everyone unfortunate enough to still be alive, and will torture them later on because apparently regular murder isn't good enough.

He is absolutely an oppressive dictator and not so much with the brotherly love. Pop culture/Metaphorical Jesus is a great guy, yeah, but that doesn't change the actual scripture.

Yeah I see what you're saying, but what Abraham's God did was this; He gave man a more simpler math problem.

Man doesn't have to fear the weaker gods anymore for disobeying them. I mean according to the book of Enoch, they're all gone and locked up anyways lol. I know that sounds wacky, but not so much when you can understand these "weaker gods" actually had influence on people. Atrocities and the like were done under these "influences".

So what man has now, instead of all these 'gods' to walk on egg shells around....man has only himself and his flesh and the word of the one and true God.

So the God of Abraham made the problem easier to solve. God eliminated all the other gods, their doctrines, and their influence. So now man is with God alone. Now man can accurately observe the traps and pitfalls as the word of the true God pointed out lays within the world and in the flesh. The world will attempt to lure the flesh, which will in turn lure the soul and spirit into bondage, ie; The slavery of sin.

So that's what I mean in terms of Abraham's God being evolutionary. Abraham and "the voice in his head" essentially changed the world. To the point man is now accountable for himself and has a responsibility to monitor himself....not under the influence of some other god, or anything like that. But under the word of God, which is not oppressive in nature, but freeing. Freeing from the traps of the various lusts.

The problem though, is that the lusts create sensations of their own. Whether it be flattering of the pride and ego, or a simple orgasm. Some will be insatiable toward these sensations and live a life of pursuit of these things to their own destruction.

>unlimited forgiveness is a desirable thing
I never said it was desired, I think that's individually based, what they personally desire, but forgiveness is whats needed to proceed after a mistake. What is desired though by most, is a fair world with justice and yeah, sometimes, forgiveness. No one wants to be constantly hounded for mistakes, how can you proceed in that kind of environment in relation to everything from friendships to simple mistakes among strangers?

But to further expand on this, some people can become so overcome with guilt that they can't forgive themselves, this is another trap and an example how a lack of forgiveness can lead to a stall out or general back slide in the opposite direction of progression. It's a trap common in suicide. That voice that builds a case against the individual, that he's not worth saving, loving, of having friends, or of having love, that he can't be forgiven and therefore able to move forward and get past the depression or whatever it is thats holding him back.

Why would any man present such a case against themselves to the support of a suicide attempt? Why? Sorry, but I have to make this weird for a second lol...but I'll just point this out...

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

So in the mind of a suicide case, they have a voice convincing them are worthless and a voice that accuses them as such. Accused and convinced of their short comings to the point they actually believe it and feel worthless.

In Hebrew, that's what the word satan means, "an accuser."

Now according to the word of God, this voice comes to condemn anything and everything. If it can't convince you to kill yourself, it will convince you to kill someone else. Presents a case for you to submit to. I know that sounds tin foil hat-tier, but the influence of that kind of voice is suspicious to say the least.

That's if you aren't doing as God commanded, obey only Him and His son. Take the concepts compare them to God and Christ, from that you can find some truth if not all of the truth.

But yeah, nice talking with you too man and who ever else I was talkin' with. Good stuff and thanks, God bless, be safe and all that good stuff bro's.

Your entire narrative is that of someone who was offended before even thoroughly grasping the understanding.

The Gentiles were to be taught, not only that but to be treated as brothers, as if they were Jews and Israelite's. The Gospel was to be spread as far as it could possibly be spread to.

Lol the rest of what you said is just as incorrect, I'm sorry. But you really can't get an accurate understanding of anything, not just this, but anything, if your mind is already made up before hand, already feeling offended before hand.

I'd suggest taking another peek sometime, try being objective, specifically, humbly objective. That greater things are at play, beyond our personal emotions and what we may or may not classify as offense.

Look at these bome worshippers

Look at this pagan praising mary

Everything I said was straight out of scripture. Not peace but with a sword (Matthew 10:34), to divide families (Matthew 10:35-36), can't even bury a family member though it was his father (Luke 9:59-60), must love him exclusively and hate everyone but him (Luke 14:26), the Canaanite dog (Matthew 15:21-28), the Return of the Son of Man and the blood associated with it (Revelation 14:14-20) and torture for good measure because murder was not enough (Revelation 20:15).

It has nothing to do with me or anyone else you're talking to "taking offense" and everything to do with what is actually written. If you pull another Jesus out from the aether who thinks and acts completely differently, congratulations, you're a great theologian. But that can't change the words directly from the horse's mouth.

Look at this delusion

Because it's their entire spiritual identity to protest Catholicism. If they didn't paint Catholics as dicks at the best and as baby eaters at the worst, their entire faith would start breaking down.

(You)

What? It's called PROTESTantism for a reason.

nestorius please

Yeah, and that reason is the Reformation.

Jesus > Mary