Why yes I do believe raiding defenseless villages is fierce and killing farmers counts as a battle

>Why yes I do believe raiding defenseless villages is fierce and killing farmers counts as a battle.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maldon
historicalprops.cz/product/fork-and-knife/1259.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyrd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>farmers raiding and killing farmers is unfaaair REEEE VIKINGS A SHIIIIEEET

>killing farmers counts as a battle.
Because it does?

>yfw u learn katanas weren't folded one gorillion times and can't cut through through diamond

Then why do people praise Sherman...? Oh Veeky Forums I'll never understand you

Yes because saxon farmers surely had spears, axes and swords like vikings right?

So it's ok if I kill your family right? It's a heroic battle after all.

They did and they got btfo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maldon

>implying you wouldn't get fucked up my wife's 6yo son
Kek, you fuccboi

Ah so because they were armed in pitched battles it means the farmers were armed in their daily life as well right? I guess soldiers always go shopping with M16 too.

Whole one example and that wasn't a raid either it was a battle with actual warriors present.

Nice meme, lad

Well it depends, if you were to win then no, but if i were to win it would be glorious.

FIght's a fight no matter who is involved. Knights and peasants have been known to BTFO professional armies.

It's not a fight if one side is unarmed retard.

>unarmed
>implying farming tools weren't the stable peasant weapons

Farmers are not unarmed, retard. Who do you think the Yeoman are? No one in medieval times were unarmed, they all had a means to defend themselves.

>wife's son
fucking cuck kys

Yes I'm sure someone with a pitchfork can take on a guy with a shield and spear.

Source would be nice.

>it's not a fight if one side's unarmed and it doesn't count if they're not equally well equipped
Jesus christ, son

>vikings are shit warriors
>1000-2000 of them conquer half of England who can only kill peasants
Explain

>so we wuz ray-din' deze villahjuhs, an' we wuz rapin' n shit, an' den, ya won't buhlive it, dis cuhrayze mothafucka pulls out a mothafucking hoe
>all in all we wuz lucky he killed only haf de warband

*shit warriors who can only kill peasants

If you kill your enemies, they win
If my family and I die, you lose

>get BTFO by a literal autist and his peasant army

>"BTFO"
>still owns half of England

Kek. How about common fucking sense? The hoe is a weapon which can kill.

historicalprops.cz/product/fork-and-knife/1259.html

Not anymore :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyrd

>weapons from after viking age

yeah so as usual you made some shit up

also from after viking age. Kill yourself.

Kek. So okay, in a time where literally anyone could come to your farm kill you and fuck your missus everyone living out on these isolated farms had no means to defend themselves, it's unbelievable. Holy hit a log can be used as club, almost guaranteed your father had a bat next to his bed when he sleept.

I dunno man, you are the one saying these peoples had no means of defending themselves, no weapons, when simple farming tools can be used as effective weapons.

Here is a wiki quote you moron.

>Pitchforks and scythes have frequently been used as weapons by those who couldn't afford or didn't have access to more expensive weapons such as swords, or, later, guns.[4] As a result, pitchforks and scythes are stereotypically carried by angry mobs or gangs of enraged peasants.

Now compare pitchforks and scythes to swords and spears.

Except vikings attacked undefended villages and fucking avoided places that could put a fight. Nice try though.

? That's not the point is it. The point is you said these peoples are unarmed, they are not.

Sure vikings arms were 'heavier', peasants were never unarmed though. As you said they were.

By that logic ISIS never attacks unarmed people because some of them could carry swiss knives.

>let me present to you the extremes of mental gymnastics
Good show, lad

>By that logic ISIS never attacks unarmed people because some of them could carry swiss knives.
Well technically they are not unarmed if they ARE carrying knives, never heard the phrase he bought a knife to a gunfight?

Again, you said they were unarmed, it's got nothing to do with the varying degree of said arms - which everyone is in agreement of.

But posting post viking age militia groups is a sufficent evidence saxon farmers were armed right?

Are you trying to say the scythe and the pitchfork are post viking inventions?

I never heard about levies using fucking scythes in the viking age.

Sherman had a greater goal in mind. The vikings just plundered because they could.

Clearly the guy's fucking point is that there's no great warrior skill in murdering some fucking peasant farmers who you're far much more equipped than. You don't have to reduce literally every statement you read to the point of autism, missing its point entirely.

What constitutes a battle OP, you tell me.

>Cheer at the notion of Vikings killing others to die in battle and go to Valhalla
>Hates on the Muslims killing infidels to get to paradise

You're a fucking autist, seriously. What we mean is that the Vikings, heavily-armed warriors, claimed to be fighting great battles and great victories simply because they were attacking peasants forced to arm themselves in haste.

I am just in awe at how Germanic people had the most violent Indo-European ancestors, but they are now the most educated and accomplished population in the world.

It just makes me realizes how much things can flip throughout history. It may happen again if mankind survives, who knows?

they fucked other people over and gained resources, that's how you win at earth.

Fight between two armed groups.

this meme is getting stale

We may colonize the universe right now if not for you Germanic people

I am not Germanic.

Wait so king of dragon pass didn't invent that word.

Pretty good tactic if your aim is to minimise casualties and maximise plunder.

>let me change subject lol xD

kill yourself

It's up to the village to defend itself, in a way it's just as much the villages fault that it is unable to protect it's people and instead believed that worshiping a sky god would protect them instead of their own strength and thus sweet sweet Capitalism wins again.

It was Americans fault they couldn't prevent 9/11.

Kek.

Explain this post, as this is where this whole argument began from.

Farmers were never unarmed, deal with it.

>levies
Well you didn't say levies, you were tlaking about farmes, c'mon now, just how many more times zre you going to shift the argument.

Green text is you.
>Farmers were unarmed
No they weren't, farming weapons have always been used as weapons by farmers
>no, where is proof
Common sense and history
>'no' as swords and axes are much heavier arms than scythes and pitchforks
okay, but that still doesn't mean farmers were unarmed
>You didn't post any examples of saxon farmers using pitchforks and scythes to defend themselves
>it's unbelievable
It's simple common sense
>I didn't know levies used scythes and pitchforks
This argument was never about levies.

What's next? Actually curious.

>farming weapons
Farming tools.

The Romans would kick their asses

>Farmers were never unarmed

[citation needed]

>le common sense aka I made some shit up xD

farmers run away if they could there were no ebin pitchfork battles